Discontinued MistVape Touch

drterps

just wondering if anyone has used the mvt as an indiction heater for a dynavap vape? I've been using the dynavap for a few months and really like it but don't really like the butane part.

Last edited by a moderator:

propjoe

I just received a new MVT from puffitup. I don’t know if it’s the battery or me but I just get these weak wispy hits. Are you supposed to see the coil glow red? Because I do not. I touch the button for 5 secs then start to pull, release my finger from the sensor and I continue to pull for a few more seconds.
When I look at the flower in the stem I have a black spot.
What am i doing wrong? Is the battery weak?

propjoe,
Reactions: Choices

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Propjoe, is the MVT you bought the new model or the original with a touch sensor?
If it's the original is it possible that you're not exerting enough pressure when pressing the sensor?
If so, don't press too hard but try giving it a little more force and I think that should resolve your issue.

jeffp,

Choices

Just took the MistVape plunge at Puff It Up! For those undecided, PIU has a substantial Pre-Black Friday discount going at the moment and it includes a battery and grinder for under $135! So experts what am I in for here? I have a MFLB that I enjoy. Should that usage/experience help me out negotiating the learning curve?

propjoe

Propjoe, is the MVT you bought the new model or the original with a touch sensor?
If it's the original is it possible that you're not exerting enough pressure when pressing the sensor?
If so, don't press too hard but try giving it a little more force and I think that should resolve your issue.

There’s a touch sensor. I’ve spent time over the weekend with this unit. I tried a few different ways using it. It’s not for me. I don’t want to deal with this learning curve. I’m looking to trade this for a desktop unit or a boundless Tera v3.

propjoe,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
was the issue the degree of force with the sensor? what did you experience while experimenting that you find frustrating? it's really a great vaporizer with not too much of a learning curve, you might want to hang with it for awhile, the payoff is there.

NizzyJones

Just took the MistVape plunge at Puff It Up! For those undecided, PIU has a substantial Pre-Black Friday discount going at the moment and it includes a battery and grinder for under $135! So experts what am I in for here? I have a MFLB that I enjoy. Should that usage/experience help me out negotiating the learning curve?

Yes, the general idea of button pulsing to control heat is very similar.

little maggie

There’s a touch sensor. I’ve spent time over the weekend with this unit. I tried a few different ways using it. It’s not for me. I don’t want to deal with this learning curve. I’m looking to trade this for a desktop unit or a boundless Tera v3.
It sounds like you got one of the older ones. I don't think there is a learning curve really. I know this is not the actual directions but I just kept the sensor pushed in until the inside turned red and then inhaled and did that again for a second inhale. . I'm not good at pulsing. But I never had problems with it. It's more simple than many of the vapes I gave away because they weren't on demand.

Choices

My MVT arrived today from PIU. I found the vape incredibly forgiving with a lot of headroom to overcome potential combustion. A count of five and in I went just breathing in while holding down until the temp felt right and then pulsing to keep it where I wanted until I ended the draw. Flavor is amazing. No harshness at all. Folks on the fence: don’t be afraid of getting one especially with Puff It Up offering them for only $132 with the code. I may go pick up an extra right now!

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
New stem design for all our vapes
IMG-1607.jpg

IMG-1608.jpg

beads are in the stem and they provide great cooling. In the store now, $20 or 2 for $30

Modnote: Edited to display larger images

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Apologies if this has already been discussed but I'm difficulty in moving the caged screen inside a glass stem downward slightly. I'm afraid that any further pressure could break the glass. Is there a reliable safe method to do this? thanks...

jeffp,
Reactions: Vitolo

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
How’s everyone liking their touch? I’m thinking about pulling the trigger.. I hate box mods so this seems like my next best route?

It's absolutely one of my favorites. I don't yet have the updated MVT but I use the prior version pretty much daily. One tip that was provided to me a while back really helps - apply a little bees wax polish like "underbutter" around the glass stem to keep it sealed nicely in the unit.

jeffp,

little maggie

I loved mine- loved because I lost the door. They are beautiful although that may not be a priority for some people. Just make sure you know that it uses a smaller mp than many other vapes. I think that's a plus.

little maggie,

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
It's absolutely one of my favorites. I don't yet have the updated MVT but I use the prior version pretty much daily. One tip that was provided to me a while back really helps - apply a little bees wax polish like "underbutter" around the glass stem to keep it sealed nicely in the unit.

I have the MVT2 and I love it. It builds heat very nicely so it's great for some low temperature puffs at first and then to increase the heat after. It's also a work of art. It's beautiful.

I also like looking through the glass window to see the heaters glow.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
So the stem on my Imp cracked last night after I had loaded up a fresh bowl. Not to worry, out cake the MVT2 and all was good with the world.

The MVT2 is slower than the Imp but it has very nice control and it increases temperature far more gradually than the Imp. More stems are on there way do I have a few days using the MVT2. It’s beautiful and fun to hold.

David

madhockeydad,

Choices

Hey we stopped making the MVT some years ago. I only have one myself
It was too bad but the demand didn't justify the effort
Can I still get stems to fit my MVT? I broke my last stem awhile back and haven’t looked for a proper stem. Thanks!

Choices,
Reactions: Vitolo
Top Bottom