1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

MistVape Touch

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by mistvaporizer, Aug 18, 2016.

1. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

There needs to be a "love" button- not just a like one. Beautiful.

2. mistvaporizer

mistvaporizer Well-Known Member Manufacturer

@little maggie thanks! Glad you like them, it's a fun project. Can't wait to get to the engravings, I have some photos I want to engrave on wood. Going to use some nice pieces of wood for the first engraving tests so it will be a while until I get to engraving any Touch units

cannabis.pro and Jah1975 like this.
  3. RastaBuddhaTao

RastaBuddhaTao Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Mist vape rocks! Buy one today :). Dave and I talk shop every few months and I always learn something new... like now he has a laser engraver! Keep killing it Dave!

TempIe, Summer, DirtyD and 10 others like this.
  4. little maggie

One of the things I love about FC is the way that some of my favorite creators (RBT, Ed, Alan and others) support and encourage new designers.

muunch, cannabis.pro, Jah1975 and 5 others like this.
  5. mistvaporizer

Ordered some colored glass today. I'll post pics when it comes in there should be blue, green, amber , light purple and something else. Can't remember exactly what I picked out.

6. mistvaporizer

Click to play YouTube Video

This is the latest inlay work. Purple heart trim with purple heart/yellow heart inlayed stars.
    In the store at www.mistvaporizer.com

Shit Snacks, muunch, Farkas and 8 others like this.
  7. Etsu

Etsu Active Member

Beautiful!

mistvaporizer likes this.
  8. greenmachinexlt

greenmachinexlt Well-Known Member

Loving my MVT, but I have a problem with my blue stem. I was hearing a rattle when I was using the MVT and realized the inner clear stem broke off it's weld and was rattling around. I haven't dropped it, so I'm not sure how this came off. Maybe it snapped off while I was using the included tool to clean off the screen in the stem? Has anyone else have this happen to theirs, or am I just lucky? :)

It's not the end of the world, though. As long as I can keep the screen in place in the stem I can use it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. mistvaporizer

That's the first one. I'll replace it. Sent you a dm

10. little maggie

Is an inner clear stem new? I don't think my glass stem came with one.

11. mistvaporizer

That is a new design, there are only a dozen or so in use

KidFated. likes this.
  12. greenmachinexlt

Now that is customer service! Thank you! DM sent.

mistvaporizer and Kurtdigglur like this.
  13. little maggie

jealous

14. mistvaporizer

@little maggie I posted about these a while back, don't remember which thread. The clear inner tube was a way to provide a ledge for the screen. I had the clear stems with the ledge made in China and wasn't able to get colored ones done so I have looked for alternatives. The clear inner tube has worked and this is the first one to break. Since then the glass guy has come up with cutting the end off the stock stem and fusing it to colored tubing to make the colored stems. It's a better solution.
    I have blue, amethyst purple, green, amber and jade white available and can offer standard length, long and bent stems in all colors. The m2m I can offer in most colors.
    If you don't see what you want just ask, I haven't posted all the possible stems yet. I have added a stem category to the website store. I'll try to add more to it soon.

Shit Snacks and little maggie like this.
  15. little maggie

Just wondering from those who already have stems whether you prefer the stems with the ledge or with the tube?

mistvaporizer and Shit Snacks like this.
  16. antispleen

antispleen Hyperborean Wanderer

17. mistvaporizer

@little maggie the clear tube was a way to have a ledge for the screen. It worked nicely but apparently we have a couple issues. Now that the glass shop is able to fuse the ends from our clear stems, with the built in ledge, I will use that method and not rely on the clear tube. Both work fine but I believe the fused stem will last longer.

18. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

:mmmm:
    OMG that has to be the most beautiful Touch I have ever seen! The purple and yellowheart fo so well together and I love that star shape on each side! Just oh so stunning, you have really outdone yourself with this one

The ledge is a little better since the tube can cover some of the screen so more stirring may be necessary (I have a GonG with the tube) BUT I must say that the bent stems are phenomenal and I'd highly recommend them for everyone

(I know I know still need to share photos!)

19. greenmachinexlt

I prefer the stem with the ledge as I feel I enjoy better airflow with it.

mistvaporizer and Shit Snacks like this.
  20. mistvaporizer

Working on new Touch units and the wood is amazing
    Click to play YouTube Video

Mr. White, Summer, KidFated. and 6 others like this.
  21. Shit Snacks

Better late than never? Finally sharing my new Touch stems that also fit the Essence or any 14mm stem vape. I actually haven't tried the Touch through water with the GonGs yet though they'd make great dry stems as well. The green is imperfect but plenty fine, they are the standard clear stem with screen ledge joined with color stems. The bent amber is great in the Touch and makes it a true juice box :tup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Though these new Touch units are insanely gorgeous, lets not forget this old stunner with four layers of exotic wood inlay either!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Summer, almost there, Vitolo and 4 others like this.
  22. dodgy_b

dodgy_b Well-Known Member

Hey All. Been on the sidelines with this vape for too long and finally have a used one heading my way this week. Former Milaana owner. Familiar with unregulated, at least as it applies to the Mi.

Can I pretty much use the same technique for the MVT as the Mi? Preheat, draw while holding button, release, then feather trigger based on personal preference for heat? Or does it work/respond slightly differently? Preheat every draw?

Just coming with the stock stem too. Advise adding the bent or long stem to the arsenal?

Thanks in advance for the help!

scion34 likes this.
  23. scion34

scion34 Well-Known Member

Technique is similar, however when I use the MVT I do not preheat, I just hold down the button for the entire draw with a moderate to fast inhale to control temp, I get great results this way using the two screen method. No feathering required.

I’d strongly recommend one of Dave’s wooden stems with a glass insert, the screens are adjustable with this stem, love mine, never as happy with the experience when I try and switch out to the stock glass stem.

mistvaporizer and dodgy_b like this.
  24. mistvaporizer

I like the wood stem also but i don't find that much difference between the glass lined and all wood Wong. The glass lined has a glass tube in the stem but the bowl is all wood

Shit Snacks, Vitolo and dodgy_b like this.
  25. Shit Snacks

You should be fine, it can be a little different and we all use these unregulated vapes differently to match our individual techniques. Lately I've been preheating with Touch whereas I do not in Mi so go figure. I love the bent stem and a long stem is good to have as well, don't use my wood stems as much but they are quite nice too. Enjoy!

Vitolo and dodgy_b like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors