1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

MistVape Touch

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by mistvaporizer, Aug 18, 2016.

1. turk

turk turk

..thanks...have one too.

mistvaporizer and HD Springer like this.
  2. HD Springer

HD Springer Well-Known Member

Ive found the mist to be a little tougher to find my groove with. I'm ok with the hot spot. I think it's a convection curse with most convection vapes that have balls. Or that runs a little hotter.

I really think that the more heat you add to a smaller diameter stem means the less forgiving the hole vaporizing deal gets. Kind of like your walking a finer line. It makes the throat feel even that much more important IMO. I've had some really good experiences with the mist. I just am realizing that less means more in my experiences.

I have no doubt that I'll figure my way with the Touch. It just might not be as big a hit to the head as I'm used to is all.

3. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

I don't have the MVT so haven't needed a reducer. But Alan is making a stem with a 14mm side and an 18mm side so it will fit both plus my HI and TT.

4. Crussell27

Crussell27 Avid Jack Garbarino Enthusiast

It is one of @Alan turbo tubes. Same concept as UD. :)

5. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

Yeah @turk i posted a photo of my dark walnut 14-18mm stem that works with both units. I think @muunch has one in bamboo

6. muunch

muunch zzzzz

Yeeee I've been using that one since last night.

I can't get used to having the load so close to the heater as with the stock stem, since I keep my screens towards the end of the joint w my milaana. I've seriously charred some loads some times. Crazy learning curve for me considering every other vape was pretty easy, but it's def bc I'm used to the tech I use w my milaana.

I've been mostly dabbing this weekend though. I don't want to put Breath of the Wild down for long enough to "session" so I just take a dab so my time spent getting high is minimal compared to my time being high...

turk, DanTeDays, OyVape and 5 others like this.
  7. HD Springer

HD Springer Well-Known Member

I learn somthing new everyday. Or maybe I just keep forgetting and re-learning the same shit. I didn't know or realize that 1 stem fits both.I really thought I've been keeping up on my threads better then this but guess not. Best step my game up or get left behind. This is no market for slackers. Hmm.

8. StonerSloth

StonerSloth Well-Known Member

After a few more days of testing:

The 2-screen method does help with the hot spot but only a bit - it's still there just a little better distributed - but I really don't like fiddling with the top screens... I'm still looking for a solution to the hot spot - rotating the stem helps but it's awkward because it's short and the ground glass joint can be a little sticky. Putting the load further away helps a lot. The gong is better for this since you can put the screen way down below the glass joint.

Still experimenting and learning... and constantly charging batteries..........

9. mistvaporizer

mistvaporizer Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Here are some custom frames
    [​IMG]
    snakewood on the left

[​IMG]
    cocobolo, yellowheart, canary and purple heart on the left
    all purple heart on the right

[​IMG]
    snakewood on the left dark purple heart on the right

I'll get better pics up on the website. For the next few names that come up from the list there will be the option to upgrade to one of the custom frames. If there is interest I'll make more.
    It would be a $50 upgrade, the layered one (cocobolo, yellowheart etc above) is $60.

Deep in manufacturing mode with 50 frames that will be done in a day or two and assembly to start maybe next week.

10. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

Wow those are gorgeous!!! That purpleheart is so bright, like red orange heart really... Though I love the bold bright colors, I'd probably like the dark purpleheart for myself some day. Nice price for this quality of work :tup:

And fantastic progress on the frames too!

DanTeDays, flotntoke, turk and 6 others like this.
  11. Bandoo

Bandoo Well-Known Member

Anybody know what order number are they up to?

mistvaporizer likes this.
  12. vapen00b

vapen00b ZION,Tubo,MVT,Helios,SBJ,GH,VC,Mi,FW4...

www.mistvaporizer.com/list

will give you some insight :)

13. mistvaporizer

DanTeDays, PPN, Farkas and 5 others like this.
  14. turk

turk turk

...fuckin looks great...put me down for upgrade ...dark purple heart.

15. Farkas

Farkas Do you know about the bird?

Yep, in for the 1st snakewood frame. Sexy as hell.

16. RelaxedNow

RelaxedNow Well-Known Member

I'm bummed. My MVT has been dishing out ALL of my sessions since it arrived about 6 weeks ago, but I have a problem. The lower screen has fallen on top of the heater. What I don't know, is whether this will damage it if I use it.

Actually, I suspect that it's been sitting there for several sessions, as my wife used it last night without seriously charring the weed...a rarity for her.

If the screen has been sitting on the coil for a while, I'm now wondering if pushing the screen close to (or touching, in my case) might prevent the hot spot, as I've noticed I'm not seeing one at all in the last couple of stems.

So, my questions; Will it damage the unit or battery if the screen rests on the coil? (it does seem that the last battery drained awfully fast) Can I remove and properly place the screen? If yes to the latter, how should I best accomplish it?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    DanTeDays, mistvaporizer and vapen00b like this.
  17. mistvaporizer

You need to fish the screen out of the stem. Maybe a paperclip with a hook bent into it? I have some hand tools I use to fish them out.
    Once the screen is out you can use it without the screen
    With the screen on the coil it can cause a short so don't use it with the screen on the coil.
    If you aren't comfortable fooling with it I'm happy to fix it for you.

18. RelaxedNow

RelaxedNow Well-Known Member

Thank you, @mistvaporizer. Considering the time difference, I didn't expect to hear from you.

I removed it as you suggested. I didn't have needle nose pliers that would fit, so I used a small pair of scissors to grab it. I'm a happy guy again. :clap:

19. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

You are really bending over backwards to help our FC community to like/love your vape.

I wish all manufacturers cared so much about their customers / clients.

3 cheers for Dave!!

20. mistvaporizer

Thanks for the kind words but I couldn't imagine not taking care of things. If you buy it from me I'll stand behind it 100%.

21. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy FUCK CANCER TOO !

[​IMG]

22. Little Bill

Little Bill Oldest stoner on FC

Would someone please explain exactly what a "turbo tube" is. It sounds like I need one; but I have no idea why. Is there a "stems for dummies thread on FC"?

23. NizzyJones

NizzyJones Well-Known Member

DanTeDays and mistvaporizer like this.
  24. Little Bill

Little Bill Oldest stoner on FC

Thanks @NizzyJones but I already looked at this web site and can't seem to find them.

Well I did find that title but was 10mm and I think the MVT takes 14mm tapered?

mistvaporizer likes this.
  25. mistvaporizer

hey @Fat Freddy when I need a PR man I'm calling you :)

50+ frames are all machined, now for some finish sanding. I still have to make the chimney holder piece and finish the bottom covers which will be a couple days. Then heater assembly and anode assembly manufacture. I should start assembly this weekend.

NizzyJones, DanTeDays, Farkas and 7 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors