Discontinued MistVape Touch

FreddieFresh

@muunch happy you are liking the Touch so far, yes you can dislodge the screen above the heater. Please see http://www.mistvaporizer.com/instructions and under maintenance there is note about the screen. To clean it use a small brush and gently brush away any debris. The force needed to dislodge the screen is about 45 grams so it won't just pop out but you can dislodge it if you are not careful. It is one of the weak points of this design. I only had one user dislodge the screen and have issues. @Vape Dr. actually removed the screen, adjusted his coil and put the screen back. I don't recommend this however.
There are over 50 Touch units out there and the screen is holding fine. I am looking at getting a custom female stem made but so far I am concerned that the quality won't be good enough. I had some samples made (in China) and they looked good but they totally screwed up a crucial measurement and the minimum order is 1000 pcs so I don't trust them. If there are any expert glass people here hit me up, I am interested in talking.

So there's supposed to be a screen over the coil in the female joint? Mine doesn't have one but it hasn't been a problem with the load caps

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@FreddieFresh there should be a screen in the female joint. When you look down into the female joint there should be a screen. It sits just above the heater coil. I have used mine without the screen and it is fine, actually considered making them without the screen but figured someone would futz with the coil if they could see it. If you don't have a screen I screwed up but it is a minor mishap. The screen would just catch crumbs falling out of the stem, I would be happy to add the screen for you or if there is ever an issue from not having a screen I'll fix it, no problem. Also I could sent you the screen and tell you how to install it, your call.
@muunch thanks for the compliment on the build, I try.

FreddieFresh

@FreddieFresh there should be a screen in the female joint. When you look down into the female joint there should be a screen. It sits just above the heater coil. I have used mine without the screen and it is fine, actually considered making them without the screen but figured someone would futz with the coil if they could see it. If you don't have a screen I screwed up but it is a minor mishap. The screen would just catch crumbs falling out of the stem, I would be happy to add the screen for you or if there is ever an issue from not having a screen I'll fix it, no problem. Also I could sent you the screen and tell you how to install it, your call.
@muunch thanks for the compliment on the build, I try.

No worries. The cap screens have been doing the job. I checked the box in case it got dislodged during shipping but I didn't see it. If it's not too much hassle I may attempt to install one at some point but it hasn't really proven necessary so far. What screen size do I need by chance? I may have some lying around that will work instead of you having to send me one :tup:

Vape Dr.

The screen comes out very easily if you poke it with a safety pin or paper clip.
If you do need to take out the screen for cleaning it is simple to reinstall.

@FreddieFresh if you want to put a screen in the female joint simply place a screen in the glass and push it down with the 14mm mouth piece.

Eazy peazy.

My touchs' has been working like champs.
So simple, tasty, and efficient....love em!

FreddieFresh

The screen comes out very easily if you poke it with a safety pin or paper clip.
If you do need to take out the screen for cleaning it is simple to reinstall.

@FreddieFresh if you want to put a screen in the female joint simply place a screen in the glass and push it down with the 14mm mouth piece.

Eazy peazy.

My touchs' has been working like champs.
So simple, tasty, and efficient....love em!

I've been trying different methods for about an hour but I just cant get it to seat properly because I can't use anything to support it from the bottom. I think I'm about to forfeit this battle for now cause I'm ready to use this bad boy!

drterps

got mine yesterday http://imgur.com/a/UZ4JD

so far fairly steep learning curve for me but im slowly getting the hang. very easy to combust but dave gave me some tips and i think my airflow was too packed and not fine enough grind. ill practise up a bit with some white walker kush and starkiller..

really nice flavour and first terp hits, also i managed to kill a whole bowl in water (check out my water/mvt pics). will try and make a video soon... the build quality of this is very good - awesome craftsmanship dave.

Last edited:

Alegre

Pobre payaso
got mine yesterday http://imgur.com/a/UZ4JD

so far fairly steep learning curve for me but im slowly getting the hang. very easy to combust but dave gave me some tips and i think my airflow was too packed and not fine enough grind. ill practise up a bit with some white walker kush and starkiller..

really nice flavour and first terp hits, also i managed to kill a whole bowl in water (check out my water/mvt pics). will try and make a video soon...
Steep learning curve coming from which vapes?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This thread has plenty of great tips in it, not even that long at all yet... ;) To start, medium grind half full, press trigger while drawing slow and steady, you should be able to sense the vapor as you create it, let off the button in under 10 seconds and keep drawing to clear. Keep at it, manual vapes like this can take persistence to learn, but the reward is often well worth it. Try to use it exclusively and you should get the hang of it more easily, get to know each other :brow:

little maggie

Yesterday I received the production unit (I got one of the first beta-test round batch), all the progress are amazing!
Dave tried to listen most of our complains (not a lot in fact!) and even better, the new battery door lid is perfect, much more easier to use, sleeker and no more contact issue.
The touch button placement is really an improvement also, even if I was used to the previous placement and have to learn how to handle it again.
The Mosfet trick is a nice add for safety too.

Wow the woody stem with glass liner is the deal, it makes the Touch so nice to see and a bit stealthier and adds something for low temp session (maybe cause less heat soak...). There is much room for bigger loads also.

Got the GonG and the 2 screens for sandwich method. GonG is more a no brainer to use with a water tool than the silicon stuff. Sandiwch screens works well for small load, for bigger load you still need to stir.

Where Dave was going above my expectations is about the vaping performances. To be honnest I was already convinced with the beta unit and wasn't expecting a big improvement in this way.... but now you get a true on-demand unit with absolutly no pre-heat time (with a well charged battery)and a lot more powerfull (I think concentrates vaping will be a lot more effective with the last version...I'll try soon). Taste still shines but don't feel asleep on the trigger or you will scorch your load. For my first session with it, yesterday, I got used to the previous and gave it a 4s pre-heat, first hit was nice cause bud was moist and battery not fully charged, but for the second hit I got a ton of vapor and scortched my load..

Since the new version is more powerfull I'm still working to get the right technic. To resume I don't pre-heat and inhale not too slow, a 7-8s hit give me good vapor. Although I noticed it is better to keep 2-3mm between the load and the lip of the GonG to avoid scortching...

Here some pics of both my beta unit (on the right) and the last Touch production unit(on the left):
aBjiuTH.jpg

O4rWPNd.jpg

UcpsmEi.jpg

The Touch shines in the sky with diamonds!

I don't see the wood stem on the site. Are they from Alan? If so will any 14mm from him work?

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
I don't know how to order the wood stem or the turbo stem. Neither is on the MVT web site. And I guess I forgot who alan is.

Little Bill,

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
:hmm::worms::bang:

Yes they are only available from Alan, just email him, he's always happy to help and the work speaks for itself. Like Mi joint length matters
I think they must be from Alan at toast top unless they were offered on the MVT site at some point. You can find the info in the HI thread in the plug-in section.

Yes they are only available from Alan, just email him, he's always happy to help and the work speaks for itself. Like Mi joint length matters

OK thanks to both. I looked briefly at the HI and Toasty Top threads, sent email to Alan. I have ordered batteries and am on the MVT list so I'm committed.

I'm still confused but hope to sort my questions out. One screen or two. Shallow screen or deep or a mix of the two. Prefer wood because glass does break. But cleaning wood stems?

Buying and using the Crafty has been a piece of cake. But the MVT is a piece of art and is worth some effort to figure it out.

Bill

NizzyJones

I'm preferring the two screen method, though I do need a pokey-staby to lever out the 'cap' screen and stir. The screen that came installed in the stock stem is a little deeper than the formed cap screens he includes but I don't think it'd really make a difference to swap them.

Like the sticky bricks, I'd imagine just carefully swabbing the wood stems with some warm water should be fine.

NizzyJones,

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@Little Bill the wood stems have a glass insert that is removable, Alan did a really nice job on them.
As for the screens I like the low profile screens for the two screen method since they take up less space in the stem and they are less mass than the standard cup screen. Not much mass difference, the standard screen is made from 5/8 inch diameter 80 mesh screen, the low profile is 1/2 inch diameter 60 mesh screen. Now that I read that I guess I need to weigh the two screens, 60 mesh is made from thicker wire than 80 mesh so maybe the mass is very close. I'll check it out and post

@drterps glad it is coming along for you. It is a learning curve and can be a little frustrating but when you get it the results are great. Also one tiny bowl will last for a long time, I agree. I find that with the two screen method I get a number of good hits with a fresh load (maybe 5 hits with stem rotation) and then the clouds get very sparse so I stir and get a couple more very nice clouds. A second stir gives even one or two more.

Last edited:

drterps

This thread has plenty of great tips in it, not even that long at all yet... ;) To start, medium grind half full, press trigger while drawing slow and steady, you should be able to sense the vapor as you create it, let off the button in under 10 seconds and keep drawing to clear. Keep at it, manual vapes like this can take persistence to learn, but the reward is often well worth it. Try to use it exclusively and you should get the hang of it more easily, get to know each other :brow:

ya I've read this whole thread and tried most of the methods posted here and reddit. I'm finding the double screen method works the best and am finally learning the right technique to get really nice flavour. still trying to get bigger clouds... but am using MVT exclusively

im finding that going by taste is key cause the battery might be at diff charging levels so i hold button and draw slowly until i taste vapour then release but keep drawing as slow speed.. still getting some hot spot scorching but abv is looking more normal (brown).

not packing the bowl tight in another huge tip... it's amazing how much a tiny bowl will last this is very good for microdosing...

little maggie

Re stems: I am ordering all all wood stem that has no glass from Alan. It will work with the MVT and my milaana. I've had all wood stems in the past for other vapes and had no problem cleaning them. I broke a glass/wood one for my HI and am cautious about getting even part glass. His work is stunning and effective no matter what you get from him.

Could someone point me to the 2 screen method instructions? I had them at one time but I've been using hemp fiber for so long I've forgotten them.

Top Bottom