1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

MistVape Touch

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by mistvaporizer, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Bandoo

Bandoo Well-Known Member

Oh nice.
    I thought it might be a specially made thicker female joint above the heater in the unit.
    It would be nice to make that out of some ceramic that was stronger than the glass stem in case of breakage of the stem holding joint by the glass stem hitting something first...(did I say that right?)
    Would be better that the stem breaks than the joint.
    I mostly use wooden stems in my Milanna now anyway.

DanTeDays and muunch like this.
  2. mistvaporizer

mistvaporizer Well-Known Member Manufacturer

check out post #147 on page 6
    it shows the female joint and how the heater coil is assembled.

3. Little Bill

Little Bill Oldest stoner on FC

Where did you get the beautiful wood stem? I love it.

4. Vape Dr.

Vape Dr. Well-Known Member

5. Little Bill

Well maybe VAS will claim another FC member.

I do love my Crafty. It is so easy to use and to keep clean. I usually clean it while it is cooling. I never pack it full or too tight. The ABV is normally medium dark brown.

The draw is easy, smooth, and tasty. Sometimes I hit it so hard and fast that the vapor and mouthpiece get warm. Because of the limited battery life, you are encouraged to draw hard and keep session time to a minimum.

I have been micro-dosing and with a fully charged battery can get 6 sessions lasting about 5 minutes each and consuming .007 gm per session.

Having said all that this MistVape Touch looks and sounds amazing. I have never dealt with a stem vape, but it does look easy once you have accessories. Replaceable battery is a big plus. I think I can learn to draw for good flavor and taste. It also looks very nice in it’s latest form. I went to the web site and provided my email and name. I hope that puts me on the list.

6. Crussell27

Crussell27 Avid Jack Garbarino Enthusiast

I vaped some screen residue today before my workout and boy did it help. No pain in my left elbow for two hours. :)

7. HellsWindStaff

HellsWindStaff Dharma Initiate

My MVT is still chugging along nicely :) no complaints or issues from #13

@Oogendoogan thats the prettiest MVT out dude, love the burls

8. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

My # just got called , cant wait to get my MV , I have not used a on demand in a few months and love having one in the collection. I hope my wood looks as nice as @Oogendoogan , i'm really digging it.

9. Easywider

Easywider Member

Anyone get medicated enough yet to do this ..?

[​IMG]

I can officially recommend against using a cork screw to remove the cork as it will put too much pressure on the vile and the glass will shatter in your hand. Maybe a smaller sized drill bit instead.

10. mistvaporizer

Just picked up the first batch of professionally made circuit boards, made in America!
    [​IMG]
    I have some serious assembly work to do!

11. Little Bill

Do stems from other vapes fit this one? I am new to using stems.

DanTeDays and StormyPinkness like this.
  12. danald2000

danald2000 Well-Known Member

if one end has a 14mm ground glass joint then yes. You may have some difficulty getting a screen, to prevent scooby snacks, to fit; but nothing a determined DIYer can't get around.

13. mistvaporizer

@Little Bill and @danald2000 the stems must be 14/20 not 14/23. A 14/23 could dislodge the screen in the heater. The 14 is the diameter in mm and the 20 or 23 is the length of the ground glass in mm. A 23 mm long stem could definitely cause a problem.

Everyone if you are contacting me about your place on the list make sure you give me your email address. I get a lot of pm asking where someone is on the list but without the email you reserved under. Also it helps to give me your fc handle when you send a reservation email.

14. danald2000

danald2000 Well-Known Member

@mistvaporizer thanks for the clarification, we want 0 broken MV touches here! :)

DanTeDays and Lookatmeglow like this.
  15. Little Bill

Because of my ignorance I somehow missed the physical description before. Do any retailers carry a selection of stems in this size, even for other vapes? Anyone?

By the way @mistvaporizer , your order page could use new photos of the vape now that it is so much better looking. The suggestions and changes you made really spiffed it up.

16. kaisersosay415

kaisersosay415 Well-Known Member

Anyone with a unit use concentrates with the mvt?

17. Bandoo

Bandoo Well-Known Member

Still it would be good for international customers and others if these on demand convection vapes that have a fragile glass female connector to eventually have connector that is stronger than the present one.

I know in the beginning it's not possible but if they get more popular I think some ceramic joint could be made that if the vape falls off your lap or wherever and hits the stem that it's the stem that breaks and not the joint.

Or if a stronger material is not possible then the glass joint should be an easily customer replaceable cheap piece you can keep on hand in case.
    As it is we need to buy a second one just in case the first one needs to be sent in and have the simple glass joint replaced. :nod:

Personally I have a complete workshop and I can make, repair or change the glass or any other part myself.
    I think it would eliminate one of the only parts that could have a problem for cs.
    Ymmv. :)

Pax, Milaana,

18. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

Something like this? (borrowed from the DT thread)

[​IMG]

19. Bandoo

Bandoo Well-Known Member

If they are easily changed by the owner they would be fine..
    Not critisizing here! Could be good for the manufacturer.
    I manufacture wooden musical instruments so I am looking at it from a builders angle.
    I am brainstorming since I also have a broken joint and I'm on the other side of the world...Am also waiting for a new joint to arrive before I take it apart. It's cracked up but still usable.
    Still would be nice to have them from porcelin or zirconium etc. Something non toxic like glass but much harder than the stem glass.
    I'm sure though that they would have to have a high volume to justify having them made.
    Anyway ymmv :)
    BTW who did these glass joints come from?

Vapenvy, DanTeDays, Prolusio and 2 others like this.
  20. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

Do you think a ceramic joint could provide the same friction as ground glass? We need some friction otherwise the "lipstick incidents" would be too frequent, seeing how much they already are with our GonGs.

I would love to find such an alternative though, don't get me wrong!

The picture is the Divine Tribe water-tool attachment accessory, it replaces the cap/mouthpiece of the ceramic donut atomizer. I don't think it's long enough for the MistTouch, but maybe Dave could contact DT to see where he sourced them (or maybe custom ordered, as he's working with some Chinese factory if I'm correct)

But if that part could be ready-made and outsourced for cheap, it would be maybe much easier to service, even for the end-user.

DanTeDays and Lookatmeglow like this.
  21. Crussell27

Yeah. It works like a champion. Just use a little piece of cotton and put your concentrate on that and then sandwich with a top screen and you're good to go.

22. kaisersosay415

So sandwich the wax between the cotton and top screen ?

23. Crussell27

Put the bottom screen in, then the cotton with the concentrate, finally you sandwich it all with a flat or basket screen on top. I even mix a little bit of herb in there for a denser hit. :)

24. kaisersosay415

Thanks so much.

StormyPinkness and Crussell27 like this.
  25. Crussell27

Anytime, friend. :)

StormyPinkness and Prolusio like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors