• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued MistVape Touch

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Just got back from vacation, met a new Touch enthusiast on the island
SkNZi04.jpg

FreddieFresh

Welcome back!!!

Not surprised, it's only natural to want to touch ;)

I think I wanna Touch myself ;) :lol:

Haha but it all seriousness, I can't wait for my number to come up.

I'm starting to dip my toes into the unregulated vaping scene. I just got the SB JR and really enjoying all the technique involved compared to my other vapes. It's just fun to use. If I like the Touch as much as I expect then I'll have to snag one of those spalted Milaanas next.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Yeah exactly like that haha, especially now once I fixed the battery door not touching the battery. Sadly the other issue is still unresolved.

Once I insert the battery nothing happens. Once I touch the touch button it starts heating and doesn't stop. Ever. Until I pull out the battery door again. I hope I will be able to fix this myself, depends what Dave says once he's back. But I already grew very fond of the device, learned to regulate with the door pretty well and I will be sad to let it go again if I need to send it in.

Gotcha!

Jb56o83.jpg
RPOOz3L.jpg

ax9puf5.jpg

82IuS5q.jpg

MWPcmJD.jpg

Bonus video:

Hey man, sorry to hear you're still having trouble.. You will be covered by Dave. Wish I could help ya out though...

Thanks for sharing those great (motion) pics with us. Is this an @Alan stem?
I have to order one of those immediately. How much longer is this compared to the stock stem? It looks perfect!!!

polopo54

Hey man, sorry to hear you're still having trouble.. You will be covered by Dave. Wish I could help ya out though...

Thanks for sharing those great (motion) pics with us. Is this an @Alan stem?
I have to order one of those immediately. How much longer is this compared to the stock stem? It looks perfect!!!

Yeah it's ok, sh*t happens, I'm sure I will be fine.

Until then here's the stems comparison, the wooden one is indeed by @Alan I believe and is a bit longer, not by much though. If you guys want to see something specific let me know!

4m21uwX.jpg

Beatiful thing
lguyVew.jpg

EDIT: talking about shit happening I just dropped the stem and created a crack on the glass stem inside the wooden one. Oh well I suppose I can pick 1-2 spare if I'll be sending the device in anyway :-)

Last edited:

vapen00b

Yeah it's ok, sh*t happens, I'm sure I will be fine.

Until then here's the stems comparison, the wooden one is indeed by @Alan I believe and is a bit longer, not by much though. If you guys want to see something specific let me know!

4m21uwX.jpg

Beatiful thing
lguyVew.jpg

Soo beautiful! Geez... What kinda wood is that stem body? Matches nicely!
What kind of screen did you put into it? Is it a rimmed basket screen?
Would love to see some close-ups from that section :)

Gotta contact Alan!!

polopo54

Soo beautiful! Geez... What kinda wood is that stem body? Matches nicely!
What kind of screen did you put into it? Is it a rimmed basket screen?
Would love to see some close-ups from that section :)

Gotta contact Alan!!

Mine actually came with the device from Dave, with the basket screen and glass stem already inserted, ready to roll! Here you go, some close ups of the stem. I think it's the same wood as the device, so maple right? I'm not 100% sure though.

PTcuuBd.jpg
2sdE9n1.jpg
Sdkk9JN.jpg
vptdVw8.jpg

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
the stems are quilted maple. I sent the wood to Alan and he made I think two dozen stems, he does really nice work!
Hey @little maggie I have to say I'm a little flattered that you think I could single handedly affect RBT's sales. Obviously the Milaana is a great vape and as snacks has said the Touch is different but similar. Sure I looked at the Milaana but never owned one or took one apart to see how it is built. @Crussell27 suggested I use 18650 batteries which is what got me going there. @KeroZen and @Pipes offered great suggestions and I spent a long time designing my coil which is way different from the Milaana heater. Thanks to @paytonpenn for his help with coil evaluation.
Also I started the MistVape project about 6 years ago as a conduction unit and with the help of a lot of forum members it evolved into an on demand convection unit.
Here are some very early MistVape units
aDdoVsy.jpg

The empty bottle is actually the first units vapor chamber!
Also thanks to @RBT for his kind words here
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/mist-herbal-vaporizer.14130/page-12
see post #278

There were some questions about silicone tubing,
check out us plastics, they sell by the foot
http://www.usplastic.com/search/def...ord=silicone tubing&it=item&material=Silicone

I have an order of etched circuit boards coming this week so I won't have to make them anymore which will mean more consistent parts. Also will be setting up to have the board shop do all the soldering but that won't happen for a few weeks, there is a good bit of set up they need to do.

Last edited:

vapen00b

Everyone undecided about this unit :

Go for it!!

The vape it's totally amazing and Dave offers one of the best CS too. Damn! He was even answering messages here in his holidays!

Yep, +1.

This is great and the Milaana is a must-have too. Get em both! Good guys with great products deserve fantastic sales! Get it on.:)

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I revisited my MVT today and it's been a good day! I got a Mi last week so I was putting that through its paces and they are grooovy baby! I loaded fresh batteries in both and putting em head to head! They are similar in so many aspects yet different in a lot too at least in my eyes, makes for a fun day! Without comparing too much, I'm gonna try to write a thorough one, the MVT has better battery and more power throughout battery in comparison to your hold time, less harsh directly, and correlated with that is a bit more versatile/easy regarding do I want low or high when using dry. The Milaana has a more even roast without turning or stirring or anything and I like it more through water, maybe I'm a bit heavy on the trigger but I can get good low temp or high through water on Milaana (water takes away the harshness dry) and tend to get one/two high temp hits on MVT through water. I will practice though :) ymmv but that was my initial opinions after trying the Milaana after using Touch primarily for weeks, then using Milaana for week and some change and only using it, and now revisiting the touch, I find it holds

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I revisited my MVT today and it's been a good day! I got a Mi last week so I was putting that through its paces and they are grooovy baby! I loaded fresh batteries in both and putting em head to head! They are similar in so many aspects yet different in a lot too at least in my eyes, makes for a fun day! Without comparing too much, I'm gonna try to write a thorough one, the MVT has better battery and more power throughout battery in comparison to your hold time, less harsh directly, and correlated with that is a bit more versatile/easy regarding do I want low or high when using dry. The Milaana has a more even roast without turning or stirring or anything and I like it more through water, maybe I'm a bit heavy on the trigger but I can get good low temp or high through water on Milaana (water takes away the harshness dry) and tend to get one/two high temp hits on MVT through water. I will practice though :) ymmv but that was my initial opinions after trying the Milaana after using Touch primarily for weeks, then using Milaana for week and some change and only using it, and now revisiting the touch, I find it holds

Nice yeah they are unique, despite similar design set ups, the heaters and everything making the vapor is different. Just both are pure battery powered instant on demand convection designs with wood steel and glass, so ofcourse they'll be similar (ie excellent versatility and vapor quality with handcrafted natural vibe) but when you have both you know they're still noticably different hit for hit, though perhaps equally effective practically speaking

I actually use both pretty much exclusively dry, even with a slightly longer Mist stem as I'm still waiting on more new ones and wooden ones from Alan, and different lengths with Milaana, I find them to be equally potentially harsh or smooth depending on how I use them- draw trigger pack herbs -except for the Mi being 18mm for me it can be smoother with more airflow by courser screens that can allow more tiny particles to irritate throat a bit, whereas MVT screens more fine and 14mm helps limit that a bit I think. Ultimately it feels like a wash having tried a bunch of different herbs strains in various consistences and freshness now, just so many little useage variables and even unit to unit variables bring handcrafted devices... Either way it's win win win for any customers
:2c::peace:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Which Firewood capsule are you using?
Would you recommend capsules over sucking up material?
Capsule involves sucking up material. Im not using the capsule as a capsule or bowl. I just use it for the width and screen placement. But herb is not placed in the capsule.

Its the Firewood 4.0 capsule. But the 3.0 would work just as well.

Jonee909

I'm getting vapor for the initial hits, but can't get any production later in the bowl unless I combust it. What am I doing wrong? How should I be packing, and touching the button to get consistent vapor throughout the entire bowl? It's madly efficient, but it seems to drop off all vapor production at some point/the battery dies.

Can anyone offer me any help? Could this have something to due with having to fix the copper on my door?

Any ideas? @mistvaporizer @paytonpenn @Vape Dr. @vapen00b

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
When you say the battery dies do you mean there is no power at some point? But if you load a new stem do you get power again? I have never experienced this, if it is working then you just aren't giving it enough time to heat up. Six seconds of on time should produce a noticeable heating of the inhaled vapor. If you hold the button for 10 seconds you should see the coil glow. If the power comes and goes then you need to bend the copper strip a bit more. But you say you can combust so seems you have power which makes it an issue with your technique. Try inhaling slower, 5 seconds on while inhaling gently to moderately then another 5 seconds of inhale with the button off. By the third cycle you should be getting good hits unless you have spent the bowl. It takes some time to get consistent low temp clouds.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I'm getting vapor for the initial hits, but can't get any production later in the bowl unless I combust it. What am I doing wrong? How should I be packing, and touching the button to get consistent vapor throughout the entire bowl? It's madly efficient, but it seems to drop off all vapor production at some point/the battery dies.

Can anyone offer me any help? Could this have something to due with having to fix the copper on my door?

Any ideas? @mistvaporizer @paytonpenn @Vape Dr. @vapen00b

I lightly pack. Just use the stem as a straw and inhale about half full. No tamp.

6 seconds touching button. Let go few seconds. Retouch. Slow inhale throughout.

Since you seem to get vapor at start but it dies off, I bet your general inhale is just a bit quick. Then you get heavy handed on the tail end half vaped goodies cause you aren't getting much vapor and risk combustion. Does that make sense? Idk if that's case or not lol hope this help.

Button down = heat
Inhaling = cooling down heater

Try different techniques regarding your inhale speed, a preheat to let the heater gain some heat, and the length of your button presses and try to find a method that works good for ya

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
starting assembly on the new batch, there are 10 units ready to assemble then another 33 frames ready for machining.
Made some changes, the glass chimney was designed so it was a snug friction fit for length. This didn't always work perfect so I added a wavy spring washer at the top. This gives me more latitude on the length of the chimney.
uIG9HKp.jpg

The tiny space above the glass is the washer area. Seems to work nicely.
Then after some discussion with @Vape Dr. I was convinced to rework the door. The original door worked fine but occasionally there were adjustments needed and @Vape Dr. convinced me it would look cleaner if I used a slide in door.
1DbvGkd.jpg

Here is the door shut, no thumbscrew, no metal ledge or screws showing.
zNGCXev.jpg

If you slide the door open a bit you see the spring loaded, gold plated contact. When you shut the door the contact hits a copper strip in the door and completes the circuit.

The other nice part is this gave me room to move the button to the side.
N7vxgEW.jpg

So moving forward this is the design. Since this didn't change the heater or air path I was comfortable making these changes without a full blown round of testing. @Vape Dr. and myself have tested this design and it works great.

You all knew this was coming I have to raise the price to $120, actually I think I have to go a bit higher than that but for now $120 plus shipping.
I've contacted the next person on the list to claim the beauty you see above, early next week I should have nine more ready. Then an all out push for the next 33 units.

@HellsWindStaff the door can be inserted so it breaks contact, I'll post pics later.

Last edited:

Cl4ud3

starting assembly on the new batch, there are 10 units ready to assemble then another 33 frames ready for machining.
Made some changes, the glass chimney was designed so it was a snug friction fit for length. This didn't always work perfect so I added a wavy spring washer at the top. This gives me more latitude on the length of the chimney.
uIG9HKp.jpg

The tiny space above the glass is the washer area. Seems to work nicely.
Then after some discussion with @Vape Dr. I was convinced to rework the door. The original door worked fine but occasionally there were adjustments needed and @Vape Dr. convinced me it would look cleaner if I used a slide in door.
1DbvGkd.jpg

Here is the door shut, no thumbscrew, no metal ledge or screws showing.
zNGCXev.jpg

If you slide the door open a bit you see the spring loaded, gold plated contact. When you shut the door the contact hits a copper strip in the door and completes the circuit.

The other nice part is this gave me room to move the button to the side.
N7vxgEW.jpg

So moving forward this is the design. Since this didn't change the heater or air path I was comfortable making these changes without a full blown round of testing. @Vape Dr. and myself have tested this design and it works great.

You all knew this was coming I have to raise the price to $120, actually I think I have to go a bit higher than that but for now $120 plus shipping.
I've contacted the next person on the list to claim the beauty you see above, early next week I should have nine more ready. Then an all out push for the next 33 units.
WOW, these are looking more and more amazing every time I check back here. So glad to be on the list :)

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
@mistvaporizer does the door still reverse for protection?

I dig the door a lot! Button on side I'd have to see but my hands are big :) I think I'm more a fan of its original spot but potaytoes potatoes you know? Trying it on mine it's definitely more ergonomic/fits better in hand that way (new design)I think I'm just so used to its original design that I got muscle memory hahaha

Does look clean and I dig the different wood! Price is nice!

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I was waiting for the product to mature a bit and for the details to be ironed out. As I live in Europe, sending back vapes to the US is quite the adventure.

But with these new modifications and the "button" on the side (I'm left-handed...) it's too tempting to pass. And as the price might rise again in the future, I feel it's the perfect time to jump on board!

Top Bottom