• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued MistVape Essence

How was your experiance with the mist vape bare essence

• Good

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
The carnuba wax finish is working out nice. I can get a nice shiny finish which really makes the wood look great.
gFVYhvn.jpg

Here is some purple heart @StormyPinkness

The caps are all a standard size. If anyone is interested in having multiple sets of caps just for the heck of it let me know. You could get caps in various woods, ebony, coco bolo, cherry, bocote and more.

Last edited:

little maggie

Mine just came. It's lovely. But I'm confused about some aspects of it. I watched the video so I understand that you fill the stem on one side and light the glass on the other. But what are the small screens for on the side that is held to the lighter? The herb goes in the other stem so I don't get it.
Also I can't figure out how to use the wong. Can you post a picture of the wong and how it fits into the essence and into a bubbler.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Mine just came. It's lovely. But I'm confused about some aspects of it. I watched the video so I understand that you fill the stem on one side and light the glass on the other. But what are the small screens for on the side that is held to the lighter? The herb goes in the other stem so I don't get it.
Also I can't figure out how to use the wong. Can you post a picture of the wong and how it fits into the essence and into a bubbler.

Those screens are to help avoid scorching, essentially the steal some heat from the flame, as opposed to DaisyBrick where glass intake is empty. So just leave em as is and give it a try

And yeah the WonG should be a 14-14mm stem, so one end goes where the glass mouthpiece would go, and the other end goes in a bubbler

little maggie

....that's the wood stem there..in place of glass stem....other screens are...."extra"....hope that helps.
15chm8K.jpg
I'm not sure where the herb goes when using the wong if the wong is replacing the glass stem. There is no screen in it but I guess I can add one. I haven't tried yet but just inhaling in the empty wong it seems like there's a lot of resistance. I may just use the glass stem and whip/bubbler connection. Thanks for the picture.
And thanks shit snacks for explaining about the double screens. I worried about destroying the glass which I did with the glass vapcap but it sounds like the screens will make that less likely. Will try it later tonight and see what happens.

Shit Snacks

I'm not sure where the herb goes when using the wong if the wong is replacing the glass stem. There is no screen in it but I guess I can add one. I haven't tried yet but just inhaling in the empty wong it seems like there's a lot of resistance. I may just use the glass stem and whip/bubbler connection. Thanks for the picture.
And thanks shit snacks for explaining about the double screens. I worried about destroying the glass which I did with the glass vapcap but it sounds like the screens will make that less likely. Will try it later tonight and see what happens.

Yeah if there is no screen in the WonG you'll have to add one, it should functionally match the glass stem theoretically. Yeah and no worries there, you'll use it like a Daisy but at an angle, I guess a little hybrid of how you would use the torch for Lily and Daisy, but in a straight tube with those screens to help manage heat. Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you, always love your first experiences with new vapes, and I know how torch vapes can be tricky

little maggie

I am doing something wrong. No vapor in sight. I can't use my bubbler because it's too small to see what I'm doing. I need to go the the glass thread and try again to get a good female bubbler. Anyway, I tried it with just the stem that came with it but as said no vapor never mind clouds.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Once you load the herb and put the stem in place, initially hold it so the flame touches the glass (you should see some yellow in the flame when it hits the glass) and wait to feel the vapor heat up. The first hit will give little or no vapor. The second hit, where the unit is warmed up, should start to produce clouds. As the unit warms I start waving the flame to avoid scorching.
The grind and packing are important. Fine to medium fine grind and gentle packing, just enough to make a uniform pack.

little maggie

No success. I did exactly what was done in the video. I held the lighter against the end for quite a while and it was yellow and at some point orange. But when I removed the stem not only were the contents still green but the inside end of the stem was warm but not at all hot. The heat isn't reaching a temp that will heat the herb. The lighters I'm using work with the vapcap/daisy etc and I tried 2 different ones.
I'm putting the herb in the stem but maybe it's supposed to go between the small double screens? That would be more like the vapcap and the herb would definitely get heated. But would probably combust.
I tend to be unsuccessful with butane vapes that others have no trouble with. This may be another one to add to my failed list.

Shit Snacks

No success. I did exactly what was done in the video. I held the lighter against the end for quite a while and it was yellow and at some point orange. But when I removed the stem not only were the contents still green but the inside end of the stem was warm but not at all hot. The heat isn't reaching a temp that will heat the herb. The lighters I'm using work with the vapcap/daisy etc and I tried 2 different ones.
I'm putting the herb in the stem but maybe it's supposed to go between the small double screens? That would be more like the vapcap and the herb would definitely get heated. But would probably combust.
I tend to be unsuccessful with butane vapes that others have no trouble with. This may be another one to add to my failed list.

You don't want to heat, then inhale here, it's not like VapCap or VapMan, but like Daisy you inhale as you torch. Glass is not supposed to get hot enough to vape the herb at all, it is the direct heat from the torch like Daisy/Lily/Bricks as you inhale. Getting the flame color is so you are aiming proper, then with it like that you should inhale and feel/taste vapor, does that make sense? Don't give up just yet

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
The herb should only go in the mouthpiece stem, never in the inlet side (unless you are going for combustion).
I am thinking the air flow is too restricted or too low. Are you sipping? Is the load packed too tight? Is the herb too coarse? A fine to medium fine grind is needed so all the herb forms an even pack. Tamp it very lightly, just enough to keep it in the stem. The air flow should be free. If the screen is clogged you will need to clean it. When you hold the flame at the inlet and draw you should feel the heat, if you don't draw harder. As Snacks said draw as you hold the flame at the inlet.
I am out of town for a couple weeks starting this Thursday but if you want I can do a skype session (or whatever platform you like) with you and walk you through this. If you decide the Essence isn't for you I would be willing to have you return it for a refund. I want everyone to be happy with what ever they get from me so I'll take it back (@Vitolo can find a good home for it I'm sure).
That said I would really like you to a least have a good session with it, I was skeptical of butane vapes but after trying the Sticky Brick I realized they have enormous potential. Which is why I created the Essence, not to try and best anyone but just to see what I could do with the technology. I think the butane vape has the potential to provide hotter vapor without combustion, the electrics seem to have a harder time hitting the sweet spot. I get amazing extraction with the Essence.
Let me know, anything I can do to help I will do.

little maggie

I'm going to get out the lily which I haven't used in a while and see how it works. It sounds like whatever I do with the lily is what I'm supposed to do with the essence. I hate to part with it.
I use a fine to medium grind and don't pack at all. I added more the second time I tried because I microdose and thought there might not be enough herb in it. It may still need more herb since it's nowhere near full.

Shit Snacks

I'm going to get out the lily which I haven't used in a while and see how it works. It sounds like whatever I do with the lily is what I'm supposed to do with the essence. I hate to part with it.
I use a fine to medium grind and don't pack at all. I added more the second time I tried because I microdose and thought there might not be enough herb in it. It may still need more herb since it's nowhere near full.

Shouldn't have to load full, it's like a Touch stem, any amount will work, but yeah it's torch aim and draw really since it's pure convection. Good luck!

little maggie

Shouldn't have to load full, it's like a Touch stem, any amount will work, but yeah it's torch aim and draw really since it's pure convection. Good luck!
Well I appear to be the only person who could not figure out the vapman. I finally sent a very scorched piece to Vitolo. I may just not be cut out for butane because as far as I can tell I'm following the instructions pretty accurately. Will see tonight when I start with the daisy or lily briefly and move on to the essence.

Shit Snacks

Well I appear to be the only person who could not figure out the vapman. I finally sent a very scorched piece to Vitolo. I may just not be cut out for butane because as far as I can tell I'm following the instructions pretty accurately. Will see tonight when I start with the daisy or lily briefly and move on to the essence.

Yeah I never tried VapMan partially for this reason, but this is totally different is my point. VapMan VapCap you heat then inhale, this you inhaling is what will bring heat from torch through the herb to vape. Pure convection without any conduction like those have, so like Lily, you point flame in intake (there you do direct flame in, here you do it at an angle) and then when you inhale you draw the flame into the intake to pull heat through the herb. Does that make sense? I was like you and didnt have the easiest time with this, and prefer Daisy, Lily, and StickyBrick Jr too bc I am bad with aim and visibility, but I could still get decent results even so. Just want to make sure you have all the help you can get. May not be for you, but should still be able to get a good hit? Keep at it girl

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@little maggie you don't need much, I fill just past the top of the standard cup screen. A bit less than a full stem. Tamp the load a little bit just to smooth it and make it even so the air flow has no channels. Draw a bit harder and if that doesn't work increase the size of the flame. With the smallest flame I can get on my torch I can aim into the air inlet (similar to paytonpenn's video), with larger flames I wave in front of the air inlet occasionally holding the flame still. Do you have a long stem for the MVT? Try that it makes the air inlet a bit easier to see.

little maggie

I got it to work finally trying the whip again so I could see the inlet. What I did differently I think was light the interior of the inlet instead of holding the flame to the outside. Unfortunately, my hands shake and I charred a bit at the very end of the wood.
Next will try the wong with a bubbler. I definitely need water.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Charring adds a little character to the wood! Great news, you are getting there. The flame needs to be directly in front of the air inlet. With a bubbler you should have good success if you can see the air inlet clearly.
I wasn't clear in the last post about the amount in the stem, I meant about a half stems worth of herb is plenty - even a bit less than half.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
The herb should only go in the mouthpiece stem, never in the inlet side (unless you are going for combustion).
I am thinking the air flow is too restricted or too low. Are you sipping? Is the load packed too tight? Is the herb too coarse? A fine to medium fine grind is needed so all the herb forms an even pack. Tamp it very lightly, just enough to keep it in the stem. The air flow should be free. If the screen is clogged you will need to clean it. When you hold the flame at the inlet and draw you should feel the heat, if you don't draw harder. As Snacks said draw as you hold the flame at the inlet.
I am out of town for a couple weeks starting this Thursday but if you want I can do a skype session (or whatever platform you like) with you and walk you through this. If you decide the Essence isn't for you I would be willing to have you return it for a refund. I want everyone to be happy with what ever they get from me so I'll take it back (@Vitolo can find a good home for it I'm sure).
That said I would really like you to a least have a good session with it, I was skeptical of butane vapes but after trying the Sticky Brick I realized they have enormous potential. Which is why I created the Essence, not to try and best anyone but just to see what I could do with the technology. I think the butane vape has the potential to provide hotter vapor without combustion, the electrics seem to have a harder time hitting the sweet spot. I get amazing extraction with the Essence.
Let me know, anything I can do to help I will do.
Word on the street is that this is a scrapped SBL prototype. :shrug:Still a nice lil microdoser.:tup:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Word on the street is that this is a scrapped SBL prototype
I take exception to that, I don't even know what an SBL is, Sticky Brick something I assume. As I have said I got going on this after using a Sticky Brick (the OG Brick) but the design is mine. I take pride in being honest about everything including how I come up with my vapes. The Essence was designed after using the Sticky Brick but it is very different.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I take exception to that, I don't even know what an SBL is, Sticky Brick something I assume. As I have said I got going on this after using a Sticky Brick (the OG Brick) but the design is mine. I take pride in being honest about everything including how I come up with my vapes. The Essence was designed after using the Sticky Brick but it is very different.
Sticky Brick Labs. That is their company name.

Top Bottom