Mist Maker generated Fog in 3-way convertible Water Toy

Egzoset

Banned
Hello there!

This is what my home-made "moisturizer" looks like after the Mist Maker module inside failed on me:

28b8neu.jpg

We can see clearly enough that the middle element which goes through the bottle's top lid is what remains of the module's power cord (i simply left it there to keep its hole sealed, for use as a basic bubbler, via the optional "J" shaped tube)... Here's how everything was made to fit:

I'm presently waiting for a replacement to arrive. Lucky me, i designed my water toy with a Plan-B in mind!

:ko:

Remove the bubbler tube inside and the unit's filtering action will rely on fog only. I've evaluated this configuration thouroughly this summer and i only have good comments to make about it. For starters, there's no need for any form of "diffusion" whatsoever, which greatly simplifies the bong's structure... And its final co$t too, consequently!... As a bonus this also helps with maintenance since my system can't be simplified any further (there are no complex/twisted parts to clean up - or break!). If it weren't for some wiring captive of its pass-through hole this water toy concept could very well lead to the creation of a bong one can throw into a washing machine, actually! Last but not least my precious cannabis vapor doesn't get washed crudely and i control the amount of filtering on top of that.

:2c:

Put the present looks aside and imagine a nice container instead. The multi-colour light show below a pile of fog being mixed with cannabis vapor is already spectacular as it is, good glassware would certainly render it justice even to the purists's eyes! But it's exclusive: I'm the only guy in this galaxy to use it i guess...

:peace:

Egzoset,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I like your mist maker fog 3 way convertible water toy, Egzoset, it's an interesting idea :D And now a thread of its own. :brow:

I just looked them up on ebay- they're not dear :2c: hopefully the materials are all good.

So you need to fix it and record and post video of the action. I'm not yet convinced.

WatTyler,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Plus one on the video!

So is this just a fun gadget, or do you actually use it on a daily bases?

OhTheAgony,

Egzoset

Banned
Hello WatTyler!

Of course it's an "interesting" idea, thank you. :D

If the readers will follow my link in this previous post then they'll quickly reach other links leading to videos showing the light show i've mentioned above. Too bad, there was no cannabis used in these videos, yet i don't see the point of making more! Lets leave it there if you like, i know you'll be back to me about this, eventually, and when you do it will be my pleasure to recall the good old days with you, together, before the bong world changed forever! ...making anything else pretty much obsolete vintage!...

Yep, i think it's worth closer examination all right!!!

I suspect it could take a while though, but i can wait. Are you a guy with lots of patience?

:popcorn:

Egzoset,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations OhTheAgony,

I stopped using it simply because the module went defective, i had no desire to quit using it quite on the contrary: i find that washing my precious cannabis vapour is so, euh... Basic... Not to say barbaric.

Egzoset,
Thanks for making this thread and sharing your design! I never would have thought to put an actual fogger INSIDE a bong, that truly is revolutionary :o

I'm DIEING to see some vids of this in action, but at the same time I know it would be for the best if you didn't disclose every aspect of it until you get it patented. This is a shady world we live in, and before you know it everybody and their mother will be selling them on ebay. I cannot stress enough that you get the paperwork submitted ASAP and hire a reputable legal council.

After seeing these pics I can assure you that I will be the first in line to order one! Are you considering setting up a pre-order like the VXC guys are doing? That would be very cool :cool:

Loo Entis,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi Loo,

I'm sorry but i have no plans for this concept other than to share it with you and the rest of the vaporist world! If you live in Canada or near our borders then the very same brass components - described in the linked post(s) - should be readily available to you and i'm confident it's nothing really difficult to obtain equivalent replacements in the US too since those have been designed to stick to the old Imperial measurement system... Well, i'm assuming that you might not want to wait for a commercial version, that is!

Should you wish to patent it and market it then please be my guest - if you can be 1st at the arrival line! It will be my pleasure to buy a professionally finished product based on my fog filtering prototype but hurry up: it won't remain in the background scene forever as i've already made mention of my findings in the Arizer Solo thread and a few others... Someone somewhere only needs to have a spakling moment now.

:D

Egzoset,

Egzoset

Banned
Woups! The thread has been moved to one of those new forums so i guess someone thinks it's not as successful an experiment than what i believed it to be! Too bad, i'm sure trying it is to adopt it!

In any case, who might that be?...

Lets hear the arguments against such a revolutionary concept! ;)

Breaking tradition, perhaps?... I'm curious to know.

Egzoset,
you say water is bad for vapor and "degrades it" ("poor vapor") but you're passing your vapor over a shit ton of plastic and other materials. But if you'd be happy to send me one I'll be glad to try it out :science:

biojuggernaut,
you sound like Aldous Huxley before he asked his wife for quite the unusual enuthanasia.

Plus doesn't your bag go through water? regardless more ballsy then anything i'd try to pull off :tup:

biojuggernaut,

Egzoset

Banned
I simply suggest that if you wish to discuss the subject it would be suitable to focus on it, then i'm confident you'll grasp the meaning of what i'm trying to do - eventually. Not that i expect you to agree with everything i write though.

Egzoset,
I mean no malice my friend. What is the cost of the fog condenser, and how long was its life? What about a pyrex setup with a rubber step as a removable top.

biojuggernaut,

Egzoset

Banned
Fog condenser? Would you please develop on the intended meaning of this expression?

I can make a testimony about my defunct Mist Maker module... The reason it failed appears to be related to sealant failure (poor China stuff i guess)! I tried to look inside but that's impossible unless one knows how to dissolve the "filler" which is poured in (to work both as a way to control vibrations and leaks, i believe). nothing a silicone ring can't cure in order to meet the high expectations of customers like us... Overall the cost would remain below 20 $ dollars or so.

Egzoset,

cluffy

Vaker
biojuggernaut said:
you sound like Aldous Huxley before he asked his wife for quite the unusual enuthanasia.

Plus doesn't your bag go through water? regardless more ballsy then anything i'd try to pull off :tup:

Had to look this up and found this: Aldous Huxley's last days

Some real good reading. Thanks for the simile biojuggernaut!

cluffy,
yeah a very good and interesting read. Could we drop anything into a little water in our pipes that would fog like that? What causes dry ice to fog?

biojuggernaut,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Dry ice undergoes a process called "sublimation" where it goes directly from a solid to a gas. The fog you see is C02.

t-dub

t-dub,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi guys,

I don't mind parallels to be made but please try to remind yourselves that the title of MY thread is:

Mist Maker generated Fog in 3-way convertible Water Toy

On-topic comments would be appreciated from time to time! The ones made above would lead a distracted reader to believe that Mist Maker modules generate CO2 gas, which they do not. If you can't contribute to the main subject at all then i'm asking you just to let it die: you always have the option to start a thread of your own.

Egzoset,

Egzoset

Banned
WatTyler said:
...hopefully the materials are all good...

They're NOT, especially cheap Chineese clones such as some of those i've got my hands onto - 3 so far: 1 DOA but free... Long story.

Anyway. Consequently i urge those who will be tempted to try this (and i know there will be because it's simply Divine!), euh...

25.gif

Ah yes, the HEALTH WARNING. :science:

It can't be simpler: just DON'T consider the base (metalic shell) to be properly/safely sealed. Period!

65.gif

This means YOU MUST prevent leaks by implementing a totally trustable seal of your own...

You'll see what i mean when you have one in your hands.

Egzoset,

Egzoset

Banned
Time to update with a picture:

5ytbpw.jpg

It is allowed to switch between "filtered" and "direct" inhalation modes during a very same vaporizing session.

The issue of condensation droplets reaching my mouthpiece is now resolved: short sections of 3/16" tubing are inserted at regular intervals inside the bong's 5/16" outlet tube, creating a succession or chambers along the airpath which break off tension and cause most of the water droplets to fall back into the bottle when inhalation stops.

Egzoset,
Top Bottom