Mist Herbal Vaporizer

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
The idea was that the wood tipped stem would be shorter and more portable. I plan to include a gong 14 mm stem with each unit. The shorty stems I will include for the first dozen or so Mist, then maybe as an accessory?
The latest prototype is in the final stages. The temp range will start at 260 F to 280 F with highs of at least 450 F. When I finish adjusting that I will ship to a tester. If the feedback is good then I'll finish the rest of this run (4 more units).

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Made a few shorty stems with wood tips. The vapor was pretty hot and I didn't like it that much. Not terrible but the long gong is much better. I guess for discrete use the shorty is acceptable. will need to get some other opinions. Here are some pics http://imgur.com/a/3vxvg the pic with the MistVape is showing a unit that isn't totally finished, missing some buttons and labels. The other pic shows two shorties and a gong.
Finished the latest prototype except for some cosmetics. Expect to wrap that up today and ship monday or tuesday. On the lowest setting it goes to 280 F on 2 1/2 is goes to 375 F and max is around 500 F. On 1 you can get great flavor and no char on the herb. The vapor production is lighter but the effect is quite potent I think it is really nice. I have tried two other popular units and I think MistVape is comparable but best to let the testers speak. I'm prejudice for sure :-)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Made a few shorty stems with wood tips. The vapor was pretty hot and I didn't like it that much. Not terrible but the long gong is much better. I guess for discrete use the shorty is acceptable. will need to get some other opinions. Here are some pics http://imgur.com/a/3vxvg the pic with the MistVape is showing a unit that isn't totally finished, missing some buttons and labels. The other pic shows two shorties and a gong.
Finished the latest prototype except for some cosmetics. Expect to wrap that up today and ship monday or tuesday. On the lowest setting it goes to 280 F on 2 1/2 is goes to 375 F and max is around 500 F. On 1 you can get great flavor and no char on the herb. The vapor production is lighter but the effect is quite potent I think it is really nice. I have tried two other popular units and I think MistVape is comparable but best to let the testers speak. I'm prejudice for sure :-)

Ah those stem tips looks great though! Yes short stem often runs risk of being way harsher, but should be good on the lower temps? Maybe even an all wood stem would work for super stealth, it seems to work alright instead of glass in Zion/Milaana, though glass overall still performs better in my experience as of now.

Also that temp range sounds perfect, and the final design is really coming together (even judging by that half dressed Mist in the photo!) Looking forward to testing all the updates, I'll be sure to focus on battery performance this time as well. And feel free to let me know what those other vapes are via pm, glad you're getting some more points of reference in the marketplace, even though you did a great job developing it in a vacuum with modest testing (even the prototype performed surpisingly well for me in that respect). This unit is sure to impress, congratulations!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: VegNVape

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Did some temp profiles measuring temp over time. The new heating cycle overshoots the target temp and then settles in. This is by design it allows fast heat up but still settles in and holds target temp nicely. Here is the link for the profiles http://imgur.com/a/BgPqP
I did three: lowest temp, highest temp and halfway. I marked where the ready light comes on (blue light). On the highest temp the unit smokes a little at 460 - 500 F, not sure if that is wood charring or mineral oil being driven out of the wood. Either way I don't recommend pushing for the max unless you really need it. I suspect the smoke is mineral oil boiling off and that will subside with time.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
How long is average heat up in your opinion? How long does the unit actually stay on?

EDIT:
I found the early early model to give out vapor at 20 seconds and that was on a pretty low setting. I never really acknowledged the blue light since it came on way too late. I was normally mating the unit as soon as I saw a good coil glow.

For those wanting a reference, my first hit has a timer from when I started the unit.

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
At 2.5 it hits target in two minutes and that is about average. Should stay on about 5 minutes after it hits target. Check out the pics I posted of temp profiles they show the temp over time in seconds.
It is also programmed to turn the heater off after ten minutes. The thought with the ten minute limit was that if you are running on a low battery and it didn't have enough juice to hit temp then it would shut off after trying for ten minutes.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
At 2.5 it hits target in two minutes and that is about average. Should stay on about 5 minutes after it hits target. Check out the pics I posted of temp profiles they show the temp over time in seconds.
It is also programmed to turn the heater off after ten minutes. The thought with the ten minute limit was that if you are running on a low battery and it didn't have enough juice to hit temp then it would shut off after trying for ten minutes.
I checked it out, it seemed interesting which is why I made the initial question.

Thank you for the graph, it is very informative. 2 minutes just sounds unappealing but I feel like the previous units one could still hit it before it thinks its up to temp.

paytonpenn,

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
yes you can hit it sooner but if you are going for best flavor then it is best to wait. The heater glows red for the first minute or so and if you have the stem in place you can char the load. If you watch the heater, through the screen, you can see it glow red and then stop. When the glow is gone the heating cycle has entered maintenance mode and it is heating gently. This is the best compromise I could come up with, rapid heating but giving the user a way to maximize flavor and just roast the herb for a nice dark golden brown abv. You can test this next week and give us all your expert opinion!

Shit Snacks

I always waited for it to be fully heated before even trying to hit it, usually it was a decent amount after actually, but I should've suggested the session length be extended felm 4min to like 8, glad to hear you settled at 10 then!

So the heater would try on a weak battery for 10 minutes then and that's the indication? Is that good for the batteries longevity though?

Looking forward to your expert opinions on the near final model @paytonpenn!

Shit Snacks,

little maggie

I always waited for it to be fully heated before even trying to hit it, usually it was a decent amount after actually, but I should've suggested the session length be extended felm 4min to like 8, glad to hear you settled at 10 then!

So the heater would try on a weak battery for 10 minutes then and that's the indication? Is that good for the batteries longevity though?

Looking forward to your expert opinions on the near final model @paytonpenn!
This is an aside but is there a group of "testers" on FC? I notice some of you are testers for many of the new products.

little maggie,

Shit Snacks

This is an aside but is there a group of "testers" on FC? I notice some of you are testers for many of the new products.

Just those who are obsessively active here sometimes, or well versed, or a test snow balls to the next, could be asked, could inquire, but yeah I don't know what to say other than that? I feel like the more frequent ones are earning it, contributing to product development as well as broader feedback and promotion in some instances, while others remain more quiet as they test, you want a variety of experience levels typically to give you an overall read

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: vapen00b

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I tried a different approach today. I set it for 2.5 and held the stem a little off the screen and took smallish hits. I started hitting it as soon as I turned the heater on. But I never left the stem in place and didn't let it sit on the heater. Kept taking the stem out completely between hits. I was able to get a very nice session like this. The herb was nicely extracted and the flavor was great.

Shit Snacks

I tried a different approach today. I set it for 2.5 and held the stem a little off the screen and took smallish hits. I started hitting it as soon as I turned the heater on. But I never left the stem in place and didn't let it sit on the heater. Kept taking the stem out completely between hits. I was able to get a very nice session like this. The herb was nicely extracted and the flavor was great.

That's actually how I use the prototype, separating stem after each hit, also how I would use an Underdog. Seems the final model should be conducive to both styles

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
ship the latest prototype yesterday morning. If all goes well and no further changes are needed the next 4 can go together quickly. All the parts are ready for assembly. If there needs to be more tweaks then it will take longer. Stay tuned.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
had a couple minor issues with the new unit but it seems we have those resolved and preliminary testing indicates the latest MistVape is comparable to other very good vapes. The temp was dropping after a hit and taking too long to get back to target temp. I am adjusting the heating cycle to improve this aspect.
I find that at low temp, around 1 to 1.5 which is about 320 F, I get nice flavor and a mellow effect. Mid temps of around 360 give stronger effect and the abv herb is a nice dark brown with no charring. I like where it is going.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
7GLitSQ.jpg

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Why do you notice your MistVape as a Plugin vape, Is it not battery powered? Or only too big or difficult to use on the go?

PPN,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Itis portable because it does have a battery pack, however its not so cumbersome from what I hear. It seems to take some extra effort and caution when compared to other vapes out there. I could be wrong since I don't have one but I talked to @Shit Snacks about this one and that is what I gathered from our discussion...perhaps he can chime in

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Why do you notice your MistVape as a Plugin vape, Is it not battery powered? Or only too big or difficult to use on the go?
Its best as a plug in, full power 100% of the time. I was considering putting it also in the Portable area but I use it plugged in primarily for now. The batteries just sit in the unit not getting used.

This would be a good portable/desktop if you didn't want to be away from your log. Not too stealthy with wood or glass stems but just as portable as a standard log and you won't need an external battery pack.

Shit Snacks

Itis portable because it does have a battery pack, however its not so cumbersome from what I hear. It seems to take some extra effort and caution when compared to other vapes out there. I could be wrong since I don't have one but I talked to @Shit Snacks about this one and that is what I gathered from our discussion...perhaps he can chime in

Yes I've used the prototype only plugged in, and I live that I can run directly off the wall power like a mini desktop, no vvps like a log. I will be testing the battery pack when I get the new production version though. It is the best of both worlds, but I too consider it more desktop with mobile capability (but its still officially classified as portable, like other vapes that have pass through options--Solo/MFLB...)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: PPN

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Yes the MistVape is either battery powered or plug in. Plug in gives a bit more power with faster heating but the battery works fine. You can get up to 30 minutes of use with a fully charged battery pack.
I think the prototype that snacks tested ran a bit hot and required a little caution to avoid charring. The production model is easier in that the heating cycle starts lower, the heater surface is 280F on the lowest setting and 480F on the highest. I find it gives good flavor and plenty of vapor.
Originally I was designing the MistVape for battery only but realized it wouldn't take much to offer the plug in option.
I have two prototypes that will ship to paytonpenn and snacks on Monday. I prefer to let the testers describe how the unit performs because I'm obviously prejudiced. But I'm happy with it and think it is as good as other fine vapes with the advantage of running as a desktop or portable

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Yes the MistVape is either battery powered or plug in. Plug in gives a bit more power with faster heating but the battery works fine. You can get up to 30 minutes of use with a fully charged battery pack.
I think the prototype that snacks tested ran a bit hot and required a little caution to avoid charring. The production model is easier in that the heating cycle starts lower, the heater surface is 280F on the lowest setting and 480F on the highest. I find it gives good flavor and plenty of vapor.
Originally I was designing the MistVape for battery only but realized it wouldn't take much to offer the plug in option.
I have two prototypes that will ship to paytonpenn and snacks on Monday. I prefer to let the testers describe how the unit performs because I'm obviously prejudiced. But I'm happy with it and think it is as good as other fine vapes with the advantage of running as a desktop or portable

Awesome thanks, looking forward to it!

Yes on the first prototype I could avoid charring easily bc I had my screen further away like an Underdog stem, I moved it closer at low temps though and it worked very well (mine did have a wide range too), not harsh that way and quite tasty. The new one should be even better as the old one is kinda rough in a few ways, but is definitely a very strong proof of concept.

Shit Snacks,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Okay guys, another video with me speaking... If you have any further questions please ask because I know I didn't cover much. Also I'm always interested in improving my videos if you guys have suggestions. If the music to dialogue ratio doesn't fit your liking I do have subtitles available but you're going to be missing out on those tunes (even if I do talk over the good parts).

Top Bottom