MiniVAP Vaporizer

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I try many times my new MV, I like it but...
-it don't extract all the goodies of my bud like my xp or HA2.2 (abv still smell good after many draws at red level)
- taste is strange, I don't recognize my weed, taste is different with my cloud and HA (both have similar taste)
- it would be a good idea that autoshutoff could be put on or off
- High is a little bit different

Building quality is awesome, everything fits really nice, I think that I need to understand my unit, I'm not disapointed just a little bit sceptic...

PPN,

tepictoton

Hey PPN Do you have the new teflon cone? The one that is more flexible and you can slide the basket and screen in it? The old one is not flexible and did give some issues with air getting in under the cone...

Are you using the baskets? Or loading it straigth up?

Also the flavor thing is not what we are used to hearing here. We have some mebers who own both a cloud and minivap and they say taste wise there is almost no difference(and with a slight advantage towards the minivap)

tepictoton,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
perhaps the taste of something new, i hope it will be better after and yes i have the new teflon cone, first time I tried without it, not good, it was really better with it.

taste is not bad but I don't feel it, taste it, perhaps I don't load it enough, do you use something like elb load(-) or xp load(+) ?

PPN,

tepictoton

euh dunno for sure, but it works with less then 0.10g and everything above...I prefer loading in the baskets, unless with more people then I prefer just filling it up in the chamber

tepictoton,

MPZ

Pipe tobacco does that, does it cloud! Fun to simulate smoke in an engine bay at work, and hits the nicotine home. My vape runs hot, so hot my ABV I'd say is black brown. I squeeze all out of a load as I work I hit it.
Have vap in my jacket tube comes out of top see vid. Also can ride my bike or drive my car and enjoy my tobacco. Just suck like on my old ciggie back in the day. My lungs feel great and I have more energy.

So good night y'all, happy meds boys. My Mflb and I are busting a move to bed.

I might have to invest in one of these if it works well for tobacco. My Cera doesn't do as well with it as I had hoped (tho it is otherwise amazing). Care to elaborate on using one of these for tobacco? I am allergic to E-cigs (It sucks!) so being able to vaporize tobacco is quite important to me

MPZ,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It's written by Lostcluster(page n°8), that it's possible to add a little piece to get a little bit conduction too (for a better extraction)
Where can I get this improvement?

PPN,

tepictoton

I think the conduction thingy is for the future :) A lot seems to be coocking in the minivap 'tienda', but we will all have to be a bit patient...

tepictoton,

MPZ

I think the conduction thingy is for the future :) A lot seems to be coocking in the minivap 'tienda', but we will all have to be a bit patient...

It's hard to make a portable put out tons of vapor without some conduction- or at least that seems to be the case in my experience. I suppose it comes down to physics- air is just a horrible conductor of heat compared to whatever one might use for conduction in a vape. Personally I much prefer the flavor of convection, but in a portable I think at the end of the day it's a matter of getting just enough convection for lots of vapor.

But hey, I've never designed a vape, I don't know much science, so really what do I know?

It's hard to make a portable put out tons of vapor without some conduction- or at least that seems to be the case in my experience. I suppose it comes down to physics- air is just a horrible conductor of heat compared to whatever one might use for conduction in a vape. Personally I much prefer the flavor of convection, but in a portable I think at the end of the day it's a matter of getting just enough convection for lots of vapor.

But hey, I've never designed a vape, I don't know much science, so really what do I know?
sounds like you know more than you thought.

VapeNStone,

Lostclusters

I try many times my new MV, I like it but...
-it don't extract all the goodies of my bud like my xp or HA2.2 (abv still smell good after many draws at red level)
- taste is strange, I don't recognize my weed, taste is different with my cloud and HA (both have similar taste)
- it would be a good idea that autoshutoff could be put on or off
- High is a little bit different

Building quality is awesome, everything fits really nice, I think that I need to understand my unit, I'm not disapointed just a little bit sceptic...

It's written by Lostcluster(page n°8), that it's possible to add a little piece to get a little bit conduction too (for a better extraction)
Where can I get this improvement?

Something must be wrong with your minivap. On red your abv should be very dark brown. And the taste should be very good and anything but strange. On red the taste can get a bit harsh towards the end of your session, though. I start on green and move to red on the last couple pulls. Check your seals, make sure there is a good seal between the cone and lid, and between the lid and body.

Lostclusters,
Reactions: Seren

MPZ

sounds like you know more than you thought.

Well Thanks :)

I guess I'm just aware of my limited experience- I've only owned an Arizer Extreme Q, a Launch Box, and my current Thermovape Cera. I also have a pretty good amount of experience with Volcanoes owned by friends, and have hit a DaBuddha once, but I know that pales in comparison to the collections of some of the regulars on this forum.

I guess it's just that my love hate (90-95% love) relationship with my Cera has prompted me to put a lot of thought into vaporizer design- the Cera actually performs quite remarkably given how simple of a device it is.

At first it amazed me that with about a minute to a minute and a half of preheating I could fill a 9" bubbler with vapor (one of my best friend's Toro Micros to be specific) really quickly with excellent flavor, as I had found that with most vapes, to get such performance came at the cost of taste. Thats when I started thinking about vaporizer design. In the Cera's cast, the reason it can turn one of its (Admittedly quite small) bowls entrely to black abv in like a minute or two while giving excellent flavor is the wisdom of it's design. it really is a portable convection vaporizer- even when one preheats it to the point where it's almost to hot to hold. However, at that point the bowl, the air around what's in the bowl, and especially the air right next to the heating coil, are all near vaping temperature. then when one hits it, the pressure created by the quite restricted airpath results in a LOT of convection all at once.

To me the Thermovape approach to heavy vapor production is ideal: utilize as much directly radiated heat (conduction) from high quality ceramic as you can get away with without actually causing vaporization with no airfow, then heat the air to vaping terperature just below the bowl, then pull said air through the bowl in an (at least slightly) pressurized environment, which, according to my understanding of physics and chemistry (i.e. i think), accelerates the process of vaproization. The only problem is that it's hard to pull this off without the bowl being pretty small and heating time being rather long given the practical limitations of a portable vaporizer.

This is where my opinion comes from. It actually sounds like the minivap is somewhat similar, which makes me very interested in it (once I can scrounge that kinda money). And with that I'll end my little essay.

Apologies for the wall of text! :tup:
And with that I'll end my little essay.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It works perfectly, I just needed to adapt my mind to this vape, it really smooth and taste is good all the session, with my HA taste is very good at the beginning but it become bad quickly(if I compare to the MV) and it's not a cloudy machine like my Xp but a high machine, my Xp make me stone and my MV make me high(and taste is better and you have good taste all the session).
My abv comes out dark brown if I want but it take to me more time than with my cloud for example, MV is not a quick mass extractor(compare to Cloud) it made to do long tasty and efficient sessions.

I like it more and more, it's very easy to use

poonman

quick questions plz ,
How does the mini version stack up ? Performance wise ?
Should I spend the extra $ for the big one ?
Any issues with the smaller version ?

tia

poonman,

max

Out to lunch
quick questions plz ,

tia
I don't really keep up with this model, but I suspect you're just looking at the portable version (big one) vs. the AC version (smaller).

mlo4sho

quick questions plz ,

tia

Max is correct. The "big one" is just the battery powered unit. It's big because the battery is very large. The smaller unit is the AC version or the one you plug into the wall. It's smaller because a small cap slides on the bottom that allows you to plug it into your wall. This cap is much smaller than the battery, hence the difference in size.

I personally only own the AC version but from what I have read from others there is zero difference in performance between the two (all things considered, ie. full battery, ambient temperature if using outdoors while portable, etc.)

Tweek

quick questions plz ,

tia

As the others already pointed out, it's just that one comes with the battery for portability and the other doesn't. Apparently they are redesigning the battery, but not sure when that is happening.

Tweek,
Reactions: poonman

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hey All! I thought it might be appropriate to add that a buddy of mine has a few MV units on ebay if you are interested in trying it out. Good Deal! and for FCB members, he will accept a good offer. Just send him a question through ebay, and let him know your on the forum. Name is Goraksattic. If you see it was sold,. you might see another soon thereafter. Hope this is appropriate, not trying to disrespect the forum.
I hope that everyone is having good experiences with their MV's!

Did you ever get a response?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.
@slide4less ... I've been speaking to diabeticgonewild some on a private conversation, and he has received a replacement unit, that also doesn't work. (Seems rather like my experience? ... I hope this type of thing isn't the norm ... you guys took care of me in the end and were always very helpful and willing to make things right so I want to continue to recommend you, but diabeticgonewild really needs this fixed quickly ... not over a matter of months like my case took) He is depending on this device working ... now ... not in a couple months from now.

Can you please fully test a unit w/ battery and get it out to him as soon as possible so he can get up and running quickly and send you back the non-working stuff? (He really is depending on having a working unit ...)

Thanks!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Some posts are disappear here no? I don't understand why Paradisvapo was banned, his last post were correct, he made a mistake one time but it's little bit too much to be banned, isn't it?

My new single MV work fine except one time: the power led was green when I plug it but the led was turned blue this time after 1 hour of use and stopped to heat , I can't stop the mv and the autoshutoff didn't work, I called my retailer(paradisvapo), he told me to unplugged the MV and it start again when I plug it again.... except this time it works really fine, tasty and efficient

I read that I can cut a little bit of the silicone to get a better airflow, it's not a problem for the seal with my stem? and stem's stability?

PPN,

tepictoton

cutting the silicone will help a fair bit with airflow when you find a way to connect it straigth to a bong...personally i only did it as an experiment and in a way would advice it, and in a way would not...I guess it works well enough as is:2c:

tepictoton,

JPB

I might have to invest in one of these if it works well for tobacco. My Cera doesn't do as well with it as I had hoped (tho it is otherwise amazing). Care to elaborate on using one of these for tobacco? I am allergic to E-cigs (It sucks!) so being able to vaporize tobacco is quite important to me

I did pics to show the max heat you can get. It's a rewind able mod, can restore to as new unmodded. Here are pics.

KkrbLxH.jpg

RREVdDp.jpg

Note1: I have old models minivap these are the fuse locations based on that. Cut trace to isolate electronics controller from battery.

Iesq3cW.jpg

Mark your inside case to outer to get orientation right at rebuild stage ok, not forget do it before you rip apart..

These are noted to yield best results, cooked till no more can be had:
1: use silicone cones, only, they best, yield good hits over and over...
2: fill her up but not pack, tobacco must be pipe type to get cloud after cloud.. It works on any tobacco. ( for those who liked tobacco mixed joints when they combusted will like to try... Weed in first, not less than .1g and tobacco cap till top. Put cone on and it's just like it.. Your weed lasts and you get both kicks. Ha.
3: Cover this modified vap up so it radiates minimal heat away... Note it gets hot on outside wall like so.. It vapes all better this way, till black. NEVER COVER UP AN UNMODIFIED MINIVAP.. Ok!!!
4: warm up on charger, get your batt charged over then attach the minivap to battery when it's still on charger, leave to warm up for 5 minutes minimums.
5. At home can leave attached to charger assembled for hours, just lift off and take with you or suck on it when it's still attached to base plate. Up to user.
6: buy spare battery then your covered for 12hrs if you keep it wrapped up warm to minimise heat loss.

Minivap works well like this. Puts me out before I can meet my sublimator. That one is on another level, but both offer best hits and flavours that I've tested with volcano in last place for effect but compares well in taste. Sub is 1st for effect putting minivap only just by a whisker in second for effect. I think an atomizer setup on this minivap could work, it would have to be made to heat fast and only on sucking... That might make it behave like sub..

Oh I loaded this mini a while ago, lost track, say 40 mins and it still puts out good vape, tho taste has waned so much it's noticeable just.

Vid of mini fun

v

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
So this mod makes it hotter for herbals or cooler for tobacco?

All of this temperature modification and defective button and smaller battery talk make me think that the minivap is due for a refresh soon.

grokit,
Top Bottom