• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

abcd5432

The minivap spoils you.
I haven't found something compelling enough to be considered an upgrade. The newvape is a great desktop vape though. Just the minivap is amazingly efficient. But I'm happy that now that I'm finally in a legal state! I can dab with the newvape. I do need a more discreet vape though. But everything feels like a downgrade and I'm too Spoiled

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I switched recently to the direct loading tek with my Peek quick core and decarb ring installed. Vapor comes out faster and you can load more than with the baskets, taste is slightly less amazing but still very good!

The full convection setup need very long and slow draws which are cough inducing imho, direct loading is smoother for me.

Although my favourite rest the quick glass core, a true powerhouse!

MonkeyTime

Ok, so it seems the power brick/cables/connector were really a large issue.

Before I replaced it, I could rarely get vapor below red, and I was never impressed with the vapor it produced, but the flavor was incredible.

Flash forward using any of the three cost effective units I purchased on Amazon and it's a different story.

I can get vapor, although thin, on pink, green maintains flavor while producing nice vapor, and red hits pretty hard. I can get my abv brown now if I choose to push it that far.

For those of you with the peak core and decarb kit, does your large SS ring slide in and out freely? Mine does extremely freely and it makes the thought of packing directly in the bowl less attractive.

Is this an issue in real world practice? I'm too impatient to wait for an answer, I'll chime in later with findings :rofl:

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: lazylathe

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I am following with interest, but have never used the decarb kit before.

Having had my MV for several years, I just LOVE the basket system, it is super effective with regards to its ability to medicate and have never felt the need to go direct pack... More and more I am tempted to try it.

For what it is worth, I ride my MV from start to finish on Red. I like a good lungbuster:rockon:

Try an all red session. I never have complaints of wispy vapor.

MinnBobber

Having had my MV for several years, I just LOVE the basket system, it is super effective with regards to its ability to medicate and have never felt the need to go direct pack... More and more I am tempted to try it.
.............................................................................................................
I also love their Flexicone basket system but I have absolutely no desire to direct pack. I can get a fully medicated session from 1/5 of a basket so no need to pack more. With baskets, mV chamber almost never needs cleaning.

Plus, with the baskets modules one can easily insert a small hemp fiber filter in the silicone cap and stop 99% of the ABV micro-dust that normally flows with the vapor stream. My glass stays much much cleaner and any reclaim is pure golden goo, without that crappy ABV dust.
Basket modules allow pre-loading of multiples. I can start session with a CBD basket for a couple pulls and in 3 seconds, pop in a THC flower basket.
And the Flexicone basket modules happen to fit the Herbalizer bottom bowl, to finish them at 445F with fan assist from Herbie.

I try to mod all my vapes to use the mV Flexis. FYI, they fit the Mighty/Crafty chambers without the CU and make it more convection, better tasting, cleaner chamber. 10 x better than the S & B metal baskets which add conduction and are a hot pain in the ass.
Flexi modules = best capsules in the entire universe of vaping. :love:

lazylathe

Almost there...
I am following with interest, but have never used the decarb kit before.

For what it is worth, I ride my MV from start to finish on Red. I like a good lungbuster:rockon:

Try an all red session. I never have complaints of wispy vapor.

I have the newer glass core and ride the Red wave from start to finish as well!
Finish off a basket in one massively tasty hit!
The glass core is on another level.

Goita

I was in the market for a new vape and had forgotten about this one! Recently I have been using the ghost mv1 which is great when it works but my battery has died and only lasts for a couple of sessions, I also have an evo which is class. My main priorities are clean vapor and relatively quick heat up, i.e under 2 mins - I mainly vape at home. I have just pulled the trigger on a minivap with glass core - cant wait:rofl:

lazylathe

Almost there...
I was in the market for a new vape and had forgotten about this one! Recently I have been using the ghost mv1 which is great when it works but my battery has died and only lasts for a couple of sessions, I also have an evo which is class. My main priorities are clean vapor and relatively quick heat up, i.e under 2 mins - I mainly vape at home. I have just pulled the trigger on a minivap with glass core - cant wait:rofl:

Excellent choice!!

My favorite way to use my glass core is:
Heat up on RED
Load a small basket and attach to Flexicone.
Invert Flexicone into 14 to 18mm adapter and drop onto glass. If your bong is 14mm, you are good to go!
Place MV upside down on load and rip as hard as I can!

Amazing flavor, clouds and super stoned effects!!
Such a great vape!

Dubmonkey

Finally pulled the trigger. And ordered one. Should be here in 4-5 days. Got the full kit in red pink color with glass core so hoping everything is in there to use with a 14mm rig. Thanks @lazylathe for pushing me over the edge lol. Hoping for portable GS experiences.

cpk

Brother of the Leaf
Direct load and no issues. I like the red zone. My wife likes to step it up from green. The battery and charger took a dive so it was being used direct plug in with great results.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Direct load and no issues. I like the red zone. My wife likes to step it up from green. The battery and charger took a dive so it was being used direct plug in with great results.

How old is your battery and charger?
Mine is around 6+ years old and still going strong. Last time I used it outside for around 2 hours and the battery was still on green.

No direct loading here. A few small baskets are good enough for me.

lazylathe,

MonkeyTime

How old is your battery and charger?
Mine is around 6+ years old and still going strong. Last time I used it outside for around 2 hours and the battery was still on green.

No direct loading here. A few small baskets are good enough for me.

I think they may have had a bad batch of chargers. Mine started failing within a month, I only got a session or two from my battery, now it's trashed too. This was purchased last Oct.

Worst part is, it was such an easy fix once we figured it out.

MonkeyTime,

Goita

Excellent choice!!

My favorite way to use my glass core is:
Heat up on RED
Load a small basket and attach to Flexicone.
Invert Flexicone into 14 to 18mm adapter and drop onto glass. If your bong is 14mm, you are good to go!
Place MV upside down on load and rip as hard as I can!

Amazing flavor, clouds and super stoned effects!!
Such a great vape!

Thanks Lazylathe - although I have to hide in my bedroom and vape out the window like a teenager - my kids are 15 and my daughtwr gets abit funny about it - I grow and not in a legal country so I need quick heat up and maximum extraction quickly! Sounds like this should do the trick! Unfortuantely I didn't pay for the quick postage so have to be quite patient!

Dubmonkey

MiniVap reached out to me to see which version of the fuchsia model did I want. Fuchsia with white plastic as shown on the site or fuchsia with black plastic. The fuchsia with black plastic was my selection as it looked better with black plastic.

Curious on how fast the package will get here. More like I can’t wait for the package to show up lol.

Goita

MiniVap reached out to me to see which version of the fuchsia model did I want. Fuchsia with white plastic as shown on the site or fuchsia with black plastic. The fuchsia with black plastic was my selection as it looked better with black plastic.

Curious on how fast the package will get here. More like I can’t wait for the package to show up lol.
I am in the same boat mate - really looking forward to this one! Hoping it will end my vas!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hoping it will end my vas!
It worked for me and stopped my VAS in search for a heavy-heavy hitter which was smooth and tasty in the same time, it stopped my VAS to sip large tasty clouds on the sofa session style vaporizer but didn't stopped my VAS for some others topic where it doesn't shine (portability/on the go/stealth/concentrates) .

Although that's the only one to cover so much differents vaping styles (fast heavy hitter, sipper, heavy sipper, portable, desktop). It can be used in a lot of differents maneers too, direct load, basket, as a log, with or without the cap, incredible vape, thank you MiniVap!!

Goita

It worked for me and stopped my VAS in search for a heavy-heavy hitter which was smooth and tasty in the same time, it stopped my VAS to sip large tasty clouds on the sofa session style vaporizer but didn't stopped my VAS for some others topic where it doesn't shine (portability/on the go/stealth/concentrates) .

Although that's the only one to cover so much differents vaping styles (fast heavy hitter, sipper, heavy sipper, portable, desktop). It can be used in a lot of differents maneers too, direct load, basket, as a log, with or without the cap, incredible vape, thank you MiniVap!!
Thanks PPN - sounds perfect for me then as I only use flower and will mainly be an at home vape. Really looking forward to taking it for a test drive :rockon:

Dubmonkey

Can anyone share how they do oils and Roz with a glass core? Wanted to see if it would be possible to use the minivap with a WPA and roz.

Curious if the minivap can be used upside down with concentrated.

Last edited:
Dubmonkey,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
While it might be able to, I find these vapes were really designed to get TOP QUALITY extraction from flowers. In that regard nothing else compares...

I prefer different tools for concentrates: OmniVap with DynaCoil, Rio Stashe, and a Dnail.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
an anyone share how they do oils and Roz with a glass core? Wanted to see if it would be possible to use the minivap with a WPA and roz.
Even if it's not designed for you can use concentrates soaked in flowers/cotton/hemp fibers with great success, although it doesn't work well with the included pad for concentrates.

As a wpa you can use, ime, a 18mm male glass joint with a basket screen inside (I use a HerbalAire TonG too but hesitate to recommand it since it's teflon), I use my glass core exclusively like that and get ride of the flexicones/cones made of silicone (and basically a part of the bowl if used like intended). I'm not fan of this cones but still use them with my peek core.

Goita

My minivap has arrived and is just charging ready for tonight! Have some nice blueberry and also some Mephisto Skywalker ready to go :rockon: when I finish work in about 5hours - that is going to seem like a long time!!

Really impressed so far - seems well made and smaller than I was expecting, communication form the company has been great. Will post an update after its maiden voyage tonight.:smug:

Goita

Well now had a couple of sessions on the mv and I have mixed feelings - effects seem to be quite a mellow, body stoned - a bit like the firefly 2, however I dont really seem to be producing vapor and it is taking c. 10 long draws before a crucible looks fully extracted. Any tips on increasing vapor or getting through a basket in less draws. I tend not to go above 200 c. Thanks in advance.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Goita

Which core did you purchase?
Teflon?
Peek?
Glass?

The glass will produce the most vapor due to more heat being absorbed by the glass.
The Teflon and Peek units produce less vapor, especially when not used on red heat setting.

Goita

@Goita

Which core did you purchase?
Teflon?
Peek?
Glass?

The glass will produce the most vapor due to more heat being absorbed by the glass.
The Teflon and Peek units produce less vapor, especially when not used on red heat setting.
Thanks for the quick reply - I went with the glass core and used the silicone mouthpiece. Didn't really get any visible vapor. I do have an evo and a ghost mv1 and this came nowhere near in terms of clouds. Effects were great but it was slow to extract and I need it to be quicker.

Goita,
Top Bottom