MiniVAP Vaporizer

MonkeyTime

@MonkeyTime . Could you please post a link for the VXL whip/mouthpiece? How does it fit on the MV a day does it require some kind of adapter?

This is just the whip, they also sell it paired with their new Calyx inline HT, it's a modular system. I'm not as wild about the Calyx, it's body is too short for the minimum amount of water.

https://www.xhl3.com/collections/glass-mouthpieces/products/nebula-whip-kit

I use the whip with a @Ratchett 18mm SonG.

I've also used the Nebula mouthpiece mounted directly into the MV (without the whip), but I'm usually running at red temp and it needs just a bit more cooling for me. It may work great at lower temps or for others.

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: ataxian

Smknbud

Hmmmm, not sure that's my issue. I can disconnect and reconnect the puck and nothing changes. And it does acknowledge power, just doesn't run thru it's sequence and continue, it aborts.

Thinking it may be a connection issue, I tried a power supply dialed down 2 volts, it heated fine, just slower.

That test was in the mind set that if it were a connection problem, it would be seeing voltage (it powers on, must be seeing some current), but have extra resistance from a bad contact and would be seeing a slightly lower voltage.

It also happens after use when the unit hasn't moved. I've been using the new VXL whip/mouthpiece (love it! ) and the unit doesn't move. It was plugged it and on my bedside table with the whip while I watched tv....I let it time out because I had had my fill for the moment, a bit later went to turn it back on and it was in this state again. Possible to loose connection in place, but very unlikely.
Try cleaning the small contacts between the power puck and/or battery and the core unit.

It's what solved my issue with older battery with the exact same scenario you are having with power puck.

Chicken Charlie

MicroDose Cognoscente
Any chance you guys with problems have a sticky button or two?
The afore-mentioned malady has corrupted my Glass (QC) as well; rearing its ugly head approximately every 25 (or so) firings. All suggested remedies sans the temporary removal of the power supply (in my case the battery) have gone for naught. When all is said and done it's a singular annoyance mitigated by an outstanding product.

VapeMeister Supreme

I'm surprised there are not more reviews. I think alot of people slept on this unit either because of the price when it came out and also because it ships from Spain. I really appreciate the Teflon
PEEK core. I usually start off on the lowest setting when I first get a vape to experiment the lower temps but accident i had it on red. You definitley get the most out of your material but its definitley on the hot side and needs conditioning. I'm working backwards will stay blue and green today lol. The battery life is super long I cant count how many sessions pulled on red. It's super easy to clean too. Vapor quality and Build quality stands by itself only with couple others on the top shelf.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The afore-mentioned malady has corrupted my Glass (QC) as well; rearing its ugly head approximately every 25 (or so) firings. All suggested remedies sans the temporary removal of the power supply (in my case the battery) have gone for naught. When all is said and done it's a singular annoyance mitigated by an outstanding product.
I have a TELON CORE and the FLAVOR is actually very impressive?
Do you taste a difference “?

Da MINIVAP is back in rotation!

lazylathe

Almost there...
This one is glass

I love my glass QC!
I have never actually filled the chamber though...
My technique is to heat on RED, lightly load a large basket and place flexicone on top and invert into an 18 to 14 reducer.
Place heated MV on top and rip! Massive flavor and clouds!
This is a beats of a vape!

I also own the original Teflon core as well as the QC Teflon.
Ultimate flavor goes to the original on blurple.
Glass has the biggest clouds and excellent flavor.
The QC Teflon has left me a bit underwhelmed...May think of swapping the core out to a different material.

Just heating my glass QC up now! Thanks for the reminder!!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I love my glass QC!
I have never actually filled the chamber though...
My technique is to heat on RED, lightly load a large basket and place flexicone on top and invert into an 18 to 14 reducer.
Place heated MV on top and rip! Massive flavor and clouds!
This is a beats of a vape!

I also own the original Teflon core as well as the QC Teflon.
Ultimate flavor goes to the original on blurple.
Glass has the biggest clouds and excellent flavor.
The QC Teflon has left me a bit underwhelmed...May think of swapping the core out to a different material.

Just heating my glass QC up now! Thanks for the reminder!!
I just broke out the MINIVAP Teflon !
The GLASS I don’t have?
@lazylathe am I missing something?
Fuck the TEFLON is so decent?
GRAPE APE strain taste amazing well in this unit?
EFFECT = of course it MEDICATED me correctly!
Taste so well received?

ataxian,
Reactions: Fogoff

Chicken Charlie

MicroDose Cognoscente
There are occasions when I use both units concurrently. The Teflon Core (blue-magenta) for exquisite taste and aroma; and then shift and switch to the Quick Glass Core (green-red) via my Toro for density of vapor and a powerful body effect. Smooth and easy my Mini Vaps have reconceptualized how I ingest my medication to wit the stellar effects it has on symptom reduction.

Fogoff

With Water and glass core unit I got better results loading the chamber directly rather than using OG Roger D upside down technics & flexicon. overall this device is Versatility at his best

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The QC Teflon has left me a bit underwhelmed..
I have to agree the QC peek core (not teflon anymore I think) doesn't improve the experience if I compare to the old teflon core except in term of heating time. How do you plan to remove the teflon/peek? I already use mine with the decarb ring installed, do you speak to change the peek/teflon around the bowl for stainless steel or something else...?

Hi @Fogoff I still use mine without the silicon nipples and basket but fill a stem (glass or something else which fits) I insert in the MV QGC, so basically I use it like a log vape.

Fogoff

Hi @Fogoff I still use mine without the silicon nipples and basket but fill a stem (glass or something else which fits) I insert in the MV QGC, so basically I use it like a log vape.
Hi @PPN
Interesting, what kind of stem you're using ?
Did try my solo stem from planetvape but there are a bit wide for the glass core

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have to agree the QC peek core (not teflon anymore I think) doesn't improve the experience if I compare to the old teflon core except in term of heating time. How do you plan to remove the teflon/peek? I already use mine with the decarb ring installed, do you speak to change the peek/teflon around the bowl for stainless steel or something else...?

I would send it in to MiniVap to have the core swapped out. Maybe another glass core!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I would send it in to MiniVap to have the core swapped out. Maybe another glass core!
Ok.... I thought you had a diy idea in your mind, personnaly I sent my old teflon core first to have the core swapped by Hermes Medical (they had a great offer at this time!) and I cannot resisted to another offer to get a Peek quick core only (I already own the battery and the puck), I'm thinking to get it replaced by another glass core too cause the long and deep inhalations needed by the peek core is cough inducer. I rarely cough with the glass core if I don't try to kill the bowl in one hit.
I'm still in vacation in Morocco and taking my first break since +20 years cause I killed the small stash I carried with me and my first things to do when I get back at home (after to give a look at all my pets and horses!) will be to power on my MiniVap glass core with some loads of my best kush. Morocco is full of very nice peoples... except for the Hasch dealers, everything I gave a look on wasn't a good stuff at all, so I didn't took any risk to buy that shit!
The part of the country I liked the best was the Ouarzazat area, not so much tourists and true peoples to meet, desert and mountains are impressives. In Marrakech now for a few days before to go back at home.

HindelangGG

Hello everyone, i just recieved a beautiful minivap trough a trade and really love it so far, sadly its the slow heating version. So i am considering sending it to minivap for the fast heat up core. Now there is the question since i heard that the glass heating core is better in some kinda way i wanted to ask if should go for the quick heat glass core update from my teflon version. The hard part about it is that it would cost 150 bucks all together.
So pls help me out with the decision, is it worth it?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hello everyone, i just recieved a beautiful minivap trough a trade and really love it so far, sadly its the slow heating version. So i am considering sending it to minivap for the fast heat up core. Now there is the question since i heard that the glass heating core is better in some kinda way i wanted to ask if should go for the quick heat glass core update from my teflon version. The hard part about it is that it would cost 150 bucks all together.
I don’t know the answer?

Now I have the TEFLON and It seems fine?

Hopefully some member will repond to your requests?

@lazylathe might know?

I learn a lot from him.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi @PPN
Interesting, what kind of stem you're using ?
Did try my solo stem from planetvape but there are a bit wide for the glass core
I use mainly a Herbalaire Elite mouthpiece as a bowl but I use a glass stem (14mm mâle) I got with my original Mist Vaporizer for dry use, the load doesn't sits on the ground joint side . I noticed too you can use a 18mm to 18mm mâle to mâle adapter with a screen inside, the load will be not in the MV here but you can vape it inverted with a glass bong, if the screen sits close enough of the lips of the GonG you'll be fine. Personnaly I like the taste better than using the flexicônes.
It depends your vaping style... do you prefer to sip on the sofa for hours? or do you prefer lungbusters hits with great effects in a short amount of time?

Teflon/peek core is nice for flavor, it can produce very large clouds but they are a bit more difficult to achieve (fine dry grind, resinous flowers and very long and deep hit are the key). In another hand the glass core provides big clouds easily, shorten the session duration and provides great reliefs, taste is as good as the teflon/peek core but doesn't last so long. It handles moist flowers and concentrates with great success (it's not the case for the teflon/peek core sadly...).
I use small baskets load size (slightly tamped) in the glass core and the large basket load size (loosely packed) with the teflon/peek core.

Minivaper for ever!

HindelangGG

Thanks a lot, so I guess I will keep my Teflon core and will update it to the quick heating core. The only problem so far is the heating time.

HindelangGG,
Reactions: ataxian

Mr. Whitewall

If you want bigger clouds with the Teflon, all you need is a Decarboxylation Kit for 40E :2c:

Although, I have the older version, it actually takes about 5 min to grind and fill the baskets up so it isn't really a problem? Unless ofc you want a little preheat which isn't bad either, just depends IME how short on time you are.
Up to you, but personally wouldn't send it in for such a minor issue.

Mr. Whitewall,

HindelangGG

Already thought about waiting until I can take advantage of the repairing of two broken parts which is included. I get more and more used to the heating time which makes it less of a deal for me.

Mr. Whitewall

Then it gives you time to get used to it and see how you get to like it. Either way I find it's a great vape, you really can't go wrong with it. :tup:

Mr. Whitewall,
Top Bottom