• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

lluiscat

I use my MV with concentrates all the time and it works great. Next time I have some I'll make a video, it can definitely be a dab like experience if you've got the lungs for it. (Obviously not instantly thick vapor like a dab, but massive clouds and super super potent.)

I would love to see the video! Would you mind showing how much concentrate you put in it too? Thanks!

lluiscat,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I would love to see the video! Would you mind showing how much concentrate you put in it too? Thanks!
No clue when I'll have concentrates again but will show how much I use when I do. It's basically just a third of a rice grain rolled up in cotton and stuffed into the screen.

Cheesequake,
Reactions: lluiscat

lluiscat

No clue when I'll have concentrates again but will show how much I use when I do. It's basically just a third of a rice grain rolled up in cotton and stuffed into the screen.
Oh, so you don't use the concentrates pad. I'll try with your tecnique, it looks like could work better than with the pad. Thanks!

lluiscat,
Reactions: DemiV

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Oh, so you don't use the concentrates pad. I'll try with your tecnique, it looks like could work better than with the pad. Thanks!
It works significantly better than the pad. I recommend organic cotton or hemp fiber though, regular cotton will put off all kinds of nasty vapor with nothing else in the bowl.

MinnBobber

Still using mine daily.
Do not have experience using concentrates in it, having an enail close by all the time...

Still amazed at this machine. It has been around for a long time, and now with the faster heat up times I do not understand it is not more talked about here.
The flavor to me is still above and beyond anything I tried (and I owned a cloud +), and the clouds are there too.

Then there is the absurdly long battery life...
Maybe a smaller battery making it more portable would be a plus... I mean, even half the battery life would go a long long way
........................................................................................................ Yes, miniVAP isn't talked about that much but I've never found a better vape for my needs/wants. The newbies come and go but mV has a winning combo.
-Battery : years ago Hermes talked about a smaller version as an alternative but nothing yet. As a consequence of the big battery which I intended to use 100%, I tried with the tiny AC puck and that has become my daily driver/at my vape station. It's so light and easy to use.
IMO, about the only legit negative is the warm up time and it's not bad AND I have my Herbalizer next to it as it can do an entire session for me in 25 seconds :)
But the flavor king, and the efficiency king, and ease of use with whip/ jhook/ bubbler/ HT king, and the Flexicone basket modules which rule the vape world in complete supremacy as the universe emperor of laoding systems ;) ,and the quality of build/look king, and just about the only true battery OR desktop piece, the miniVAP is still #1 for me.

Others may have different vaping wants and needs and that's great.
Love my miniVAPs

Blueberryyumyum

Not sure what this is as i don't speak spanish but... Is this a leak of the new minivap? Seeing a new built-in led display on the background...

Vapetrees

Vaped Out

Not sure what this is as i don't speak spanish but... Is this a leak of the new minivap? Seeing a new built-in led display on the background...
Yeah he's saying he is an engineer and is working on a minivap 2. They're talking about how vaporizer are able to extract 75%-90% of the THC is the form of vapor by extracting it using dry heat with convection/conduction. I haven't watched it all but he does mention the engineer that designed the Volcano.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Awesome. I've been waiting on upgrading to the guck heating unit and this may have been for my benefit for once. I'd buy a new mini.

Stones, have you any info on availability or pricing?

FlyingLow,

justcametomind

he said they tried to vape coffee, tea.
he's working with Bedrocan the medical cannabis provider.
he said also that they sell well in the US, northern Europe. Not much in Spain since they love joints there. And also since minivsp it's a high profile vape and costs much. It would pay for itself overtime but people love smoking.
He also explained a bit conduction/convection and more vaping basics. He said there is a clinic in Seville where people with lung cancer use minivaps since it's so gentle on the lungs to deliver cannabis and also to make the medication hit the cancer itself.
Then I stopped looking since I don't want to anticipate the new model and start VASing on it. Hope there will be considerably less draw restriction or else I'd prefer a bag vape if I had any lung issue.
He also said he worked at S&B and when working there he made acquainted with Hazekamp (I probably misspelled) which IIRC is a Dutch scientist who developed some of the gold standard techniques now used to produce cannabis extract in EU.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Mine is used daily but i do have one constant issue with airflow, so much restriction
That's odd as I find, like many others, the miniVAP to be one of my most free flowing vapes.
For those with restrictions, have you checked the two intake ports where the main unit meets the battery or AC puck?
Are they free and clear? Is the round air intake screen at the base of the main unit clear?
Can you blow in bottom air intake and get good airflow out thru the chamber?

IMO, if you are getting restricted airflow, something seems wrong with your unit.

justcametomind

Mine has been reviewed a couple of time times at Hermes, went trough all the updates by them and always been like this.
It's considerably less free flowing than a Plenty or a Mighty or an Evo. We can debate about flavor, flavor persistence but minivap has always required to pull, it's not free flowing at all imho. I have updated to the glass core + faster heating.

justcametomind,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Thanks Minnesota. I did find some fuzz/dust blocking the intake on the bottom of the unit... cleaned and wiped some ISO on it, but did not open up things significantly.

As restriction is so subjective and is rated differently by everyone, for context it is not the most restrictive vape I have, but I am comparing to an enano and lotus which both have ridiculously open airflow.

I am eager for stones to come on and share more info on the v2!

tepictoton

I do believe Jorge never worked for s and b...

he mentions he was contacted by researchers and bedrocan that were previously using the S and B volcanos, to find a way to standardize the intake of herb as a medicine.

So...a second version, call me interested...

Blueberryyumyum

The only reason why i never purchased a minivap is because the lowest temperature setting is 190°C. Which for me is completely uninteresting because of my lower temperature preferences. If they come with a digital temperature regulator i might sell my mighty...

Blueberryyumyum,
Reactions: MinnBobber

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I will be watching for the newer version before I decide to buy. I've been looking at this unit off and on for a couple of years. I keep getting distracted by bright shiny objects.:D:leaf:

lazylathe

Almost there...
My wife just requested i go find the MiniVap that is packed away in a moving box somewhere...
An hour later i have it on the charger!

Today it will be going up against the Flower Pot and the Glass Symphony!
I have both the original core and the newer QC core! Both Teflon!

Going to be a fun Thanksgiving!!
And the wife is baking me a carrot cake!!

EDIT:
WOW!! I have missed this vapes unique ability to highlight the buds flavors so intensely!
Amazing flavors and serious clouds all things considered!
Definitely more a sipper/session vape but it handled some micro load rippers with ease as well!
Did a good job of milking the WT but uses way more herb than i like.

This will always be my wife's hanging out in bed, watching a movie vape!
She has good taste!

Last edited:
Top Bottom