MiniVAP Vaporizer

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
Now if only a solid way to hook it up to water would be found... Nowadays with 3d printing I think it should not be that difficult to produce a cap with a 14 or 18 mm male end on it....

I do have my homemade solution, but that requires me to always hold the vape. A hands - free solution to connect to glass would be high on my wish list, hell I actually think it is way and above anything else I can think of to improve this vape. It would also make it possible to use hydrates....
Have you seen these?
https://delta3dstudios.com/minivap-vaporizer-18mm-waterpipe-adapter/

c76man,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My teflon core is something like 3 years old and take approximatively +10mn to reach red level, so, with the original software with a 10mn timeout, you had to restart another cycle on red to get it solid. But after a software update Hermès set my timer at 20mn so I haven't to restart another cycle.

My new quick glass core reach red level in a few minutes (2-3) which is amazing despite the slightly less good taste. Some days ago I vaped some waterfiltered baskets using the @Roger D method (put the basket+silicon nipple on the top of a 18mm male joint or a 14mm female and use the MV like a log vape) and produced some very, very thick and tasty clouds, load was a blend auto Cream Caramel/Afgani

sixstringsmash

All out of stock.
Says in stock when I check it.

Wonder if they're selling the glass core or teflon core, and whether or not it's one of the quick heat units or not. I can't find any specifications on the website.

EDIT: Nevermind @Cheesequake is correct. Sorry about that. Said in stock on the page but said it was unavailable when I tried to add to cart.

Poostuff

Please delete
Was browsing the Puffitup site few days back & saw a $300 off coupon for the Minvap WTF?
I ordered one while they were in stock & it seems to have shipped already.
I've never ordered from them before but I'm pretty sure I will again now.
That's ridiculously cheap compared to last time I looked at buying one locally where it was almost 900AU.
I don't need another vape especially a battery powered portable but this one has always looked interesting & I do love a bargain.
I don't know what core it has but I've read some of the thread here & it sounds like they take 10 minutes to heat up to top temperature.
That's a bit disappointing but I'm still
looking forward to trying it & at least I'll get a couple of those ribbed screens @MinnBobber recommended on the Fuck You thread, or was it rimmed? They sound sexy either way.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
The minivaps from puffitup were brand new and the original core. At that price they are an absolute steal for the lucky few who got one...another example of Randy taking care of vaporists!
Can't imagine there were more than 2 or three in stock for them to have sold out so quickly. MiniVaps aren't exactly a hot item right now I don't think.

And @Poostuff you won't regret it. I just paid the same for a much older very used original core and I don't regret it one bit. Heatup time sucks but the vapor makes up for it and then some. You got an absolutely incredible deal dude.

Cheesequake,
Reactions: Poostuff

MinnBobber

they are just as hot as ever... just that their price point has limited accessibility for a lot of people.

it is a beast of a machine, and portable too!
.........................................................................................................
I am puzzled that the miniVAP doesn't get more love on FC. IME/IMO it's the best vape I've ever used. It's in the same niche as the EVO, which gets a ton of love here, yet I find the miniVAP bests the EVO in about 9/10 elements that I find most important. Note-- not dissing the EVO as I'd rate it like #5 of all vapes but mV a strong #1, and it keeps hanging in there as my #1. The new vapes come and go but the mV keeps chugging along as #1.....

Poostuff

Please delete
Maybe I didn't express my excitement properly, what about some emoji :clap::tup::rockon:that should do it.
I miss all the vape sales & I always buy at full price but that was a great deal & Puffitup is my new favourite website.
I like what I'm reading you guys seem pretty enthusiastic about the Minivap. I'll be sure to give it some love here if I enjoy using it.

lluiscat

Hey!
Yesterday I bought an used minivap for a really nice price. I've been reading the thread and I'm wondering if I got a defective unit.

I tried it last night with the small chamber and grinded dry herb. I packed it full. I started the session at purple, I took 5-6 hits with medium vapor density and that was all. I tried to vape at higher temperature but I couldn't got more vapor.
Also, after every hit I took, the led started blinking again for about 10 seconds. Is this the normal behaviour?

I'll try it again tonight. I'll probably try vaping some kief or bubble hash with the liquid pad. Is the high temp setting the best for that?

Thanks so much!

lluiscat,

tepictoton

If you have one of the old cores, please give it sufficient time to heat up. On the old units I noticed it was not totally ready even when the light went solid.

Try giving it a decent 'heat at soak' , and you will probably be pleasantly surprised.

It also puzzles me a bit, why this one is not discussed a lot, but I do think the high price point is responsible for that.

Users with older core, you also have the possibility to 'upgrade' to a new core. I do not know if @stickstones also is able to do that or if it needs to go through minivap...

lluiscat

If you have one of the old cores, please give it sufficient time to heat up. On the old units I noticed it was not totally ready even when the light went solid.

Try giving it a decent 'heat at soak' , and you will probably be pleasantly surprised.

It also puzzles me a bit, why this one is not discussed a lot, but I do think the high price point is responsible for that.

Users with older core, you also have the possibility to 'upgrade' to a new core. I do not know if @stickstones also is able to do that or if it needs to go through minivap...

Great, thanks! I've tried again today and I let it heat more time after the led went solid. I also tried with the medium chamber instead of the small, the battery instead of the power chord and the plastic mouthpiece instead of the silicone and worked a lot better! I was able to do just a quick session, but it really impressed me. Can't wait for playing more with it!

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Vivant Alternate oil pads fit absolutely perfectly in a small minivap bowl

aud1CCK.jpg

Hi, I just got a minivap bundle off the classifieds here. I have an arizer solo. I don't really see comments about draw restriction here. Is it fairly open or is it like hitting a solo? The solo sometimes makes me feel not so great when i have to strain my throat to pull through that kind of resistance. I am excited for the minivap either way!

My other question is that i have some arizer solo stems and a 14mm adapter for the solo as well and saw some pics of someone using the solo stem in the minivap. Can this damage the minivap? It is not a cheap device so i would not feel comfortable about jamming something in there if it might mess up cosmetics or stretch something out too much.

I also wanted to ask how long it will idle for , either on battery or wall plug , when not in use. One of my biggest reasons for wanting a minivap is with a normal vape i would hit it for a few minutes straight and then by the time i wanted to hit it again, it would be shut off and my herbs would be cooked. I hope to leave this for 10-15 minutes and be able to continue my bowl, but is that too long?

Thanks!

Last edited:
trying_to_buy_minivap,

Poostuff

Please delete
The Minivap arrived last week & I've been enjoying using it. I'm pretty impressed with it over the short time I've had with it.

This is an unusual vape.
The instructions were a little vague but I worked it out & read a few of the posts here just to make sure I got it right.
First thing I noticed was very little draw restriction so that's awesome.
I was getting light to medium clouds with direct draw on green/red using the baskets & was finding the vapour a little harsh.
Tried packing the chamber directly with the basket on top of the load as suggested here & was happier with the results. Much more vapour & smoother with quicker extraction.
I think that'll be my preferred way of loading for direct draw but it's a bit early to tell.
I like that it cooks incredibly evenly to a dark but golden brown with no charring whatsoever. Similar to Volcano ABV but perhaps a little darker. I've already tested the ABV in other vapes & there is nothing at all left to extract.
Initial heat up time on mine from cold is 8 minutes but subsequent heat ups are 2 so the heater must stay warm for a bit.

None of my solo gongs fit but while messing around with some accessories I found that the WPA from the Lotus fits right into the teflon ring. So of course I had to load it up & try it. Used it without the lid through a hydratube with a matching black 18mm glass adapter I dug up.
Well that was a whole different story.
The Minivap had no problem filling the tube & the vapour was dense but smooth. I was able to finish the load which was an overpacked Lotus bowl in two thick hard hits with a third wispy one.
This mod seems to turn it into an Evo style two hitter but with less priming needed.
I'm finding if I let it get to temperature (I'm using red for this) leave it for a bit & then insert the packed Lotus WPA into the chamber I get vapour very quickly. When I remove the metal WPA it's warm but not too hot to touch.
Now I'm no expert in the transfer of heat but that does seem like pure convection to me.
This has been my favourite way to use the Minivap & so far it seems like it might be pretty versatile.
My battery rattles like @Cheesequake said his does but didn't take long to charge & I have been able to use it each night multiple times without the indicator dropping from green so it seems like it's going to have great battery life.
I'd definitely like to replace the teflon ring with a metal one, I think that means I need to buy the decarb kit so I'll look into chasing one of those down.
I'm not sure what the screens without the rim are for but I'm guessing they're replacements for the bottom screen in the chamber so that's handy.

Man this has been out for a while, I checked the early part of this thread & it's from 2011. It's pretty amusing & even Stu gets a warning point lol.
Anyway I'm really enjoying the Minivap so far, a little surprised it hits so hard with a water tool.
It's good to finally get my hands on one & at such a great price too.

It's almost impossible to have a vaporizer for every single occasion but at least now I have exactly the right vape to take to a bullfight.

:dog:

When you're getting so much vapor you figure you must be on "hot"and you're on the lowest setting.

Is it normal for the power adapter unit to be extremely hot when charging the MV battery thru the dock? (as shown in the picture below) I had to move the power adapter off my desk because it was so hot i was worried it would overheat. (Edit: I have moved it off the crowded desk and it is now a much more reasonable temperature.)

jo8kSmr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Antcv

Hi, I need to know the technicals specs of the wall charger. My Minivap shutdown while heating, suddenly. I don't know if it's battery issue or what.
I press the two buttons, then the lights start blinking, but after one minute of heating it shutdown.
I can see the battery light turning from green to red before it occurs. When I switch it on again it is green again, but it happens the same.
Hope somebody could provide me the specs or a pic of the charger so I can see.
Thanks

Antcv,
Hi, I need to know the technicals specs of the wall charger. My Minivap shutdown while heating, suddenly. I don't know if it's battery issue or what.
I press the two buttons, then the lights start blinking, but after one minute of heating it shutdown.
I can see the battery light turning from green to red before it occurs. When I switch it on again it is green again, but it happens the same.
Hope somebody could provide me the specs or a pic of the charger so I can see.
Thanks
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you buy the exact model again if you can instead of just one that matches?
Two reasons.
  1. It has to be able to charge the battery AND power the vape and ideally show which one its doing (stock minivap charger has the red/green LED)
  2. It has a slightly weird size plug.
So just for reinforncement sorry for the big letters but....
BUY THE EXACT MODEL FY-1802500 , NOT JUST THE CHEAPEST ONE 16.8A 2.5A YOU CAN FIND, Center positive. IF you cant buy the exact model anywhere then at least make sure it can charge batteries.

Anyway heres that pic brother.
XcG51NH.jpg

im loving my minivap and sorry to @Stu for the back to back posts (bringing him back to this thread years later LOL) so if you guys dont see me again its because the minivap is just too easy to use and it is finally a vape i have no complaints about. Ok well it could heat from cold to fully heat soaked in 2 seconds flat. That is my improvement i can think of :lol:

http://www.minivap.com/usa/accessories-replacements/cargador.html

it is only $29 from the Minivap official store so i dont think i would even mess around with something i wasn't sure was the exact replacement for less.

STAY MINI VAPPED!!!! :science::science::science::science::science:

Antcv

I have the battery unit, but not the original charger.

I have charged it with a 15v 500mah charger. After 6 hours charging, light from battery when I assembled the vape was green.

I switched it on pressing the two buttons, and the sequence of lights begin while the battery light is green. No matter what temperature I select, light (pink for example) starts blinking but does not get solid because suddenly the light from battery turns to red and the Minivap shuts down
Wanted to know why in order to know what I need to buy (if the battery is dead or anything like that I assume I have to spend 90€ on a new one)

Antcv,

Radiocitysuicide

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you buy the exact model again if you can instead of just one that matches?
Two reasons.
  1. It has to be able to charge the battery AND power the vape and ideally show which one its doing (stock minivap charger has the red/green LED)
  2. It has a slightly weird size plug.
So just for reinforncement sorry for the big letters but....
BUY THE EXACT MODEL FY-1802500 , NOT JUST THE CHEAPEST ONE 16.8A 2.5A YOU CAN FIND, Center positive. IF you cant buy the exact model anywhere then at least make sure it can charge batteries.

Anyway heres that pic brother.
XcG51NH.jpg

im loving my minivap and sorry to @Stu for the back to back posts (bringing him back to this thread years later LOL) so if you guys dont see me again its because the minivap is just too easy to use and it is finally a vape i have no complaints about. Ok well it could heat from cold to fully heat soaked in 2 seconds flat. That is my improvement i can think of :lol:

http://www.minivap.com/usa/accessories-replacements/cargador.html

it is only $29 from the Minivap official store so i dont think i would even mess around with something i wasn't sure was the exact replacement for less.

STAY MINI VAPPED!!!! :science::science::science::science::science:

I'm glad it found a loving home lol

Radiocitysuicide,
I'm glad it found a loving home lol
Yes it absolutely did bro.
The one thing i didnt know about the minivap until i was using it for a few days - i had taught myself not to inhale with my lungs because so many vapes you just can not do that on or you will draw nothing - it is the opposite with the minivap. Once i stopped the "solo style" draw and hit it like it was an EVO or SSV then i was golden.
Just a tip i wanted to share if anyone else comes to the minivap after many other vapes you have to do the "light throat draw" on and is like "Wheres the vapor?".
Its there, you just have to summon it :tup:

Top Bottom