MiniVAP Vaporizer

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
"We are excited to announce that North American customers can now get the quick core miniVAP's in silver and black fromplanetofthevapes.com. They also currently carry the power adapters for them as well. If you want other accessories or special colored units you can still go through stickstones or directly to the minivap website, but for silver and black units the best place to get them in N.A. is from planetofthevapes.com!"
Is Sticks still handling all service and repairs?

The plastic pieces that lock the top of the battery to the bottom of the Vap started to break up and I don't have as reliable a power connection anymore.

Are there any differences between the Quick Cores that ship direct from you, and getting my older unit upgraded? I am curious what is the cost of the upgrade vs just buying a second new unit.

FlyingLow,

Chicken Charlie

MicroDose Cognoscente
Is Sticks still handling all service and repairs?

The plastic pieces that lock the top of the battery to the bottom of the Vap started to break up and I don't have as reliable a power connection anymore.

Are there any differences between the Quick Cores that ship direct from you, and getting my older unit upgraded? I am curious what is the cost of the upgrade vs just buying a second new unit.
I had a similar problem just last week (plastic ring fracture). Response from Stickstones was within an hour instructing me to contact Hermes at their website for an authorization number. Return email from Patricia at Hermes (again within an hour) asked that I send a photo of the damaged piece (after which) I received my ticket number; and forwarded same to Jerry at Stickstones. Total turn around time from shipping to FL from MA and return was 8 days. As reported in an earlier post I couldn't be happier with the service provided. Best wishes for a similar experience.

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
How do you attach the stem to the top?
Just push stem in, if it's too tight pull out the Teflon ring and insert ring to the bottom of the solo stem and then insert stem with Teflon ring attached to it into the Minivap

tonuzzi,
Reactions: cpk

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I feed mine a lot, been my daily portable for over a year now.

Question to the FC masses:
Do any of you use your MV with concentrates using the oil pads

FlyingLow,

Mr. Whitewall

CONCISE MINIVAP QUICK GLASS CORE REVIEW

So I wanted to drop by and give you good folks a quick review of the Quick Core MV (desktop mode). I had recently had the great honor of receiving a refurbished unit to test drive for work, and decided to give both a quick overview and a little comparison between my trusty 2yr old Teflon MV :love: (with Decarboxilation Kit) and this new beast that landed on my lap.

Timer confirms it does heat in 2 min flat. Same size, but slightly lighter.

Seal around bowl area is smaller, easier to clean, and instead of flat it's slightly convex, so it retains less bits of herb. Deeper bowl. Slightly bigger baskets, easier to handle.

Not as tasty (on the first hits) but definately smoother more preserved flavor, nice change from the Decarb Kit, longer session. Of course due to a more convective side, since the basket is not in contact with the sides, as opposed to the metal chamber of a Decarboxilation Kit which sits much closer.
Heater is VERY stable! On my OG it always reheats after a draw, a ''just in case'' measure sometimes, like when 10 minute timer kicks in but it gets reset straight away, it'll still reheat for about 30 sec. With the new core it seems to have plenty of power to go round. Only a full draw will demand a brief reheat. Still testing, but I am very pleased with it so far. There are noticeable improvements and add-ons.

@FlyingLow I used it once or twice with very good quality ice-o-lator and it worked ok, although I was bit worried because I kept it very hot for a longer period of time than usual. Please report with your findings if you decide to put some meltier stuff in! :science:

Mr. Whitewall,

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
I feed mine a lot, been my daily portable for over a year now.

Question to the FC masses:
Do any of you use your MV with concentrates using the oil pads
I have for have never tried concentrates in my MV. I not really much of a fan of the metal pads for concentrates in any vape. I've found myself sticking to concentrate specific vapes or my enail.

c76man,

abcd5432

What's the temperature difference between the teflon and glass core? The glass core gets hotter, yet the temps of each cores temps aren't listed on the site? Not that I can find anyway. Can someone help me out?

For some reason, just today it's giving me extreme anxiety not knowing the exact temps between the cores.

Edit:
Lets all do whatever we believe in by the way to channel another 50% minivap sale. I'm getting myself another if they do so 100%. Getting something not black too finally.

abcd5432,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Looking to guage some interest here.

We have the opportunity to do a forum special on a limited quantity of green or gold Quick Cores in teflon w/decarb kit, or glass, that come with a power adapter and battery for $399. Shoot me a pm if you're interested and if we get enough interest I think we can pull this off.

Thanks!

Vitolo

Vaporist
@stickstones ...
It is my sincere hope that some dedicated vaporists take you up on this unbelievable offer.
if we get enough interest I think we can pull this off
Guys.... @stickstones is the man, and has suggested a way for members to "feel the heat'...(experience MiniVap").
I am set...but if I were not, no matter the circumstance.... I would consider this well, and figure a way.
I was at one time a hesitant newcomer, but have learned to not underestimate the MiniVap's numerous (including mine) medical and recreational extreme success stories!

lazylathe

Almost there...
@stickstones ...
It is my sincere hope that some dedicated vaporists take you up on this unbelievable offer.

Guys.... @stickstones is the man, and has suggested a way for members to "feel the heat'...(experience MiniVap").
I am set...but if I were not, no matter the circumstance.... I would consider this well, and figure a way.
I was at one time a hesitant newcomer, but have learned to not underestimate the MiniVap's numerous (including mine) medical and recreational extreme success stories!

I would jump on a GC QC but i just bought the new Teflon QC...
Not sure the wife would justify a third one...
Still the glass QC is intriguing.

lazylathe,
Reactions: Vitolo

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Cant wait to try out my MV. Been wanting to try one since they came out but just haven't come across a good deal until now. :D

Cheesequake,
Reactions: Poostuff

*plainlazy*

Hi guys just looking for a little help tracking down minivap parts in the UK or EU. That's not direct from minivap.
Reason for this I'm after some mv flexicone kits. And also some baskets.

I have a Helios vaporizer incoming and I'm planning to make a direct draw stem for it. Some one one on that thread made one using a 18mm evo mouthpiece and some minivap parts.

Can anyone help me find these cheap anywhere in the UK or EU. minivaps delivery charges are pretty high.
Tia

*plainlazy*,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Is the MiniVap battery supposed to be kinda loose? I just received mine and the outer shell of the battery kind of wobbles and doesn't feel solid like I imagined it would.

Cheesequake,
Reactions: Poostuff

tepictoton

Should feel solid....

Should all be without rattle nor loose feeling bits.

The amount of force used to connect /disconnect the battery is kinda stressfull I can imagine and would not be possible if the whole thing was not build like a freaking granate kind off...

Have owned one for over two years and my battery is still solid.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I'm in love with this thing already. Disappointed with the loose battery but the performance makes up for it. I'm vaping some not so great bud right now and the MiniVap is making it taste not as terrible as it should somehow. The only convection vape I've seen vape such a large bowl so evenly without stirring is the Volcano or Zephyr Ion.

edit: How long should it take to reach red on battery from cold? It takes me ~12 minutes....thinking it shouldn't take that long probably.

edit 2: Just timed plugged in heatup and it was 11:57 exactly. Is this normal? I thought it was supposed to take about 5 minutes max.

Last edited:

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Woah. Just tried a bowl of some decent quality Blue Dream through the MV and WOW :o:o:o

Some of the tastiest vapor from flower I've ever experienced and I'm not even a big blue dream fan.

Anyone got an answer to my heatup time question? It took about 6 and a half minutes to reach green. 12+ minutes for red.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
If it's an old teflon core that's the norm, totally agree this long heating time was the reason I used it only while watching TV in the evening or sometime in the morning, the quick glass core changed all that!

MinnBobber

Anyone got an answer to my heatup time question? It took about 6 and a half minutes to reach green. 12+ minutes for red.

IME 6 1/2 minutes to green is in normal range.
Approx 12 mins for red is not. Cold start to red is 8 mins 30 secs on mine so 12 mins seems too long.

Mine is not a quick core but a regular Teflon core

tepictoton

My first Teflon minivap almost never reached solid red with the battery.

However, I could vaporize with it even though the red light was not solid.

Also, I would usually turn it in to red, let it heat up for about ten minutes, then turn it down to green and start vaping.

With my new core the red light turns solid in no time (2,5 minutes more or less from cold)

Enjoy your new toy /beauty /beast...

And if needed, contact Hermes and or @stickstones to see what the costs would be for swapping it for a new core. After having owned both the old core and the new ones I can definitely say it is worth it...

Forgot my love for this machine because I hated the heat up time... Now with the new core it just seems to be ready whenever needed.

Still think this is one of the best hidden secrets in the world of vapes... Have tried so many, yet none could rival with the flavor the minivap is capable to produce.

Now if only a solid way to hook it up to water would be found... Nowadays with 3d printing I think it should not be that difficult to produce a cap with a 14 or 18 mm male end on it....

I do have my homemade solution, but that requires me to always hold the vape. A hands - free solution to connect to glass would be high on my wish list, hell I actually think it is way and above anything else I can think of to improve this vape. It would also make it possible to use hydrates....

And I do not know if this is possible, but how about a higher top temperature for concentrates? Would that be possible?

Top Bottom