• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

od1

Yeah, I tried to order through the US site. Honestly, they really need to improve their IT solutions. Among other things, account confirmations sending passwords via email is a no-no for security reasons.

sixstringsmash

So I think I might have a little problem with my MiniVap, but I figured I'd ask around here to see if anyone's had a similar issue before I contact MV support. The unit itself seems to be working fine but whenever the unit is now on it seems to produce a low electrical buzzing sound constantly. It's not very loud but if you're close to it you can definitely hear a buzzing whine going through the unit and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. It's never done this before but now it seems to be making this noise every time I turn the unit on. Has anyone else experienced this?

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
So I think I might have a little problem with my MiniVap, but I figured I'd ask around here to see if anyone's had a similar issue before I contact MV support. The unit itself seems to be working fine but whenever the unit is now on it seems to produce a low electrical buzzing sound constantly. It's not very loud but if you're close to it you can definitely hear a buzzing whine going through the unit and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. It's never done this before but now it seems to be making this noise every time I turn the unit on. Has anyone else experienced this?

Go to minivap.com and put in a service ticket for repair. If you live in US or Canada Sticks will be repairing it and he'll take care of you!

tonuzzi,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Both core I own produce this low buzz noise.... I think it's ok.

sixstringsmash

Both core I own produce this low buzz noise.... I think it's ok.
Yeah I think I'm just going to try to live with it. Other than the buzz everything seems to be working. Thanks for the input easing my worry a bit.

sixstringsmash,
Reactions: JCat

Hermes-MiniVAP

Manufacturer
Hi everybody,

Just a month ago we signed up as a member in the forum.

Although the usual way to communicate with the users of miniVAP is by email, we were wishing to open a new channel in order to answer general questions and give fast contact with the new and old fans of the miniVAP. But also because we want to listen your suggestions, ideas or comments and try to help you as much as possible.

So to start on a good foot, here we go.. MV SPRING 2017
Limited Editions offered to a special price (valid until May 3rd)
http://www.minivap.com/eu/offers-promotions.html/
http://www.minivap.com/usa/offers-promotions.html/

Sincerely.

Last edited:

Hermes-MiniVAP

Manufacturer

The buzz noise is normal, made by the electronics of the miniVAP to control the temperature or by the power converter...

sixstringsmash

Mine did not have a buzz in the beginning, but after about 4-5 months did develop an annoying hum that is audible when hanging out or watching movies. The function is unaffected but still a distraction. Performance is great though so I try not to dwell on it.
This sounds to be my exact same situation in a nutshell. Picked my unit up about six or seven months ago and just this week I have started to notice the buzzing. It seems to be operating normally though otherwise so I'll just try to not think of it :zzz:

Hermes-MiniVAP

Manufacturer
The sound is louder when the vaporizer is on the charging base or powered with the power adapter because there is a direct contact with the high frecuencies of the power adapter.
When the unit is powered with the battery, the voltage level of the battery cells is more stable and filtered so the buzz noise is lower.

The temperature control chops the voltage at 2000kHz (still an audible frecuency) so the sound is not a symptom of failure but the unit is heating and working fine.

I hope this explanation helps :)

EVlL 55

Hello everyone....
Recently I modded my lid using the "tong" from an herbalaire and one of the Teflon straws.
I cut down a flexistraw and slid the Teflon straw in...which is also cut in 1/2.
. .then the tong slides into the other end of the Teflon straw....you can eyeball the length of the Teflon straw so it's flush w/ the flexistraw inner dome and well up in the tong...leaving a minor gap for some flexibility covered by a heat resist 0-ring.
...this works very,very well.

Hermes-MiniVAP

Manufacturer
Hello everyone....
Recently I modded my lid using the "tong" from an herbalaire and one of the Teflon straws.
I cut down a flexistraw and slid the Teflon straw in...which is also cut in 1/2.
. .then the tong slides into the other end of the Teflon straw....you can eyeball the length of the Teflon straw so it's flush w/ the flexistraw inner dome and well up in the tong...leaving a minor gap for some flexibility covered by a heat resist 0-ring.
...this works very,very well.

Thanks for sharing this improvement for the miniVAP. Your suggestions and inventions always encourage us to keep working on the MV project and improve the device with your ideas for the actual or future models.
Congratulations!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Hermes, WELCOME TO FC!
So glad to see you on the forums; your brother SickStones has been keeping us all well taken care of!

I love my original MV. Huge investment, but I absolutely love it and use it all the time. I have not yet had the funds to try the updated units with the more efficient batteries and faster heat ups, but I applaud you for continuing to develop this already awesome device. I hope to be in a better position to get one from you this coming year and look forward to seeing more of you on FC. Thanks for the buzz explanation too;)

Fly Low.

Teenthontik

Babylon Is Burning
zn5HEt2.jpg

y4mvgfZ.jpg

So here are a couple of pics to show how I use my Hermes water adapter. If you wet the tip of a flexicone the nipple of the water adapter will slide into the flexicone tip through the MiniVap lid. Then push firmly from both sides through the lid until it becomes fixed solidly. In fact you can use the MiniVap upside down in a water tool of your choice, this works better with the mains adapter rather than the battery as this is lighter.

Cheerz TOT

I thought I would re-post this as it is an easy way to connect your MV to glass using the hermes water adaptor and a flexicone or a flexicone plus cut down. This works very well and there have been no screw ups also these parts are easily available from hermes. I use it now upside down in a glass bong for the last three months and it hits like a trooper!

But I have some ongoing issues with the battery combusting bowls if the vape is not properly heated up with the mains puck first. Or if you heat the vape up from cold the red temperature light never stops flashing (I prefer red) so when you go to toke it properly it combusts and tastes horrible.
I have tried to explain to hermes what is happening but they do not seem to understand how bad this is and I really cannot be bothered to waste any more time than I already have on e-mails on not just this issue.

Why does everyones MV come making no noise and then months down the line they start whining!? Mine too.

I really like this vape but only with the mains puck.

Cheerz TOT

Last edited:
Teenthontik,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I thought I would re-post this as it is an easy way to connect your MV to glass using the hermes water adaptor and a flexicone or a flexicone plus cut down. This works very well and there have been no screw ups also these parts are easily available from hermes. I use it now upside down in a glass bong for the last three months and it hits like a trooper!

But I have some ongoing issues with the battery combusting bowls if the vape is not properly heated up with the mains puck first. Or if you heat the vape up from cold the red temperature light never stops flashing (I prefer red) so when you go to toke it properly it combusts and tastes horrible.
I have tried to explain to hermes what is happening but they do not seem to understand how bad this is and I really cannot be bothered to waste any more time than I already have on e-mails on not just this issue.

Why does everyones MV come making no noise and then months down the line they start whining!? Mine too.

Cheerz TOT
Change the screen in the bottom of the chamber bro. Should clear that problem up:tup:

Custom Flower Hardware,
Reactions: Smknbud

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg

Cheerz TOT

What type of core are you using? Teflon, Glass or Decarb Kit?
My MV is a Teflon Core and my herb has never combusted on Red or Green even with Decarb ring installed. Your MiniVap may be running too hot, or as Flying Low suggested: try cleaning your bottom screen. Do you notice any combustion on the Green setting?

abcd5432

If you have a Delrin adapter and no longer need it, I'm willing to buy.

Jesus, when can we get this figured out? We need more Delrin Adapters regularly available.

abcd5432,

CL52613

The buzz noise is normal, made by the electronics of the miniVAP to control the temperature or by the power converter...
I think it is a great customer service outreach on behalf of MiniVap and I would like to thank you. I have not had the pleasure of using your vaporizer, which has pretty positive entries on FC, but I have to ask about the frequency buzz you are saying is normal, and unavoidable with the MiniVap? And would like to know the reason why your vaporizer is so expensive - upward of $500.00 in the USA, and lacks temperature readout and adjustable temperature rather than presets. I understand the convection temperature has to be significantly higher than conduction temperature, since the meds will be removing heat from the air stream very quickly. Still for the cost of your vaporizer, top-of-the-line though it is, it needs the same upgrade the Solo needed. Fast heat up, digital readout; temperature control, and eliminated frequency buzz. And knock off about $100.00 for the price, which would still make it one of the most expensive vaporizers on the market. Being disabled, retired, a full-time caregiver for my wife, the cost of your vaporizer is so darn prohibitive, yet still such an inviting machine.

Question for the FCer's on MiniVap - Which core do you recommend; teflon or glass; and why? Is there 3rd-party accessories for the Minivap, like a different mouthpiece.

Thank you again to MiniVap and for any help from other members. Chucking deuces

MinnBobber

Question for the FCer's on MiniVap - Which core do you recommend; teflon or glass; and why? Is there 3rd-party accessories for the Minivap, like a different mouthpiece.
.................................................................................
I have several miniVAPs and they are all the Teflon core. Glass core hits a little harder but loses a little flavor but either is extraordinary flavor piece. Glasscore is more delicate/can break easier. Difference is slight though, like glass has 5% less true flavor and 5% bigger clouds/hits. I've never had too weak a hit from Teflon. I'm a flavor chaser so choice was easy.

Our own @Ratchett has best access at his Delta 3D Studios. Most useful is the Song, silicone adapter that allows you to connect it to a bubbler or hydratube and also gives a firm base for a whip.
il_570xN.706313721_sp891__31905.1421469851.100.100.jpg

Top Bottom