MiniVAP Vaporizer

sixstringsmash

So I'm curious as to how people are packing and loading their bowls for the MV. With my short time with my MV it seems that she works well with most grind consistencies and load sizes, but I'm finding that my optimal hits are coming from using a coarser grind and loading the basket up full, but not tamping it down at all so it can maintain good airflow. How do the rest of you prefer to load her up?

sixstringsmash

I drop a whole nugget in there for the best flavor on the planet with this vape. Once it starts to produce decent vapor I empty it, crumble it up, lightly pack it back in there and then it's cloud city!
I'm going to have to try that! Not a lot of vapes out there can produce good vapor with whole nuggets(the vapcap and firefly are the only ones that come to mind) so this is great!

abcd5432

So the Glass core doesn't have any inner rings like the teflon core does? Just a screen at the bottom?
Anyone have an answer to this? =D

Also, my battery has not held a green charge at all. It has instantly gone to light green. I've used the quick charge core with my old battery though and it's amazing. It's red already. Omg....

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Can thise of you with old and new, would you all elaborate on the differences in draw restriction? I saw a few pages back someone said it was easier, but there has been little discussion on it.

FlyingLow,

abcd5432

Can thise of you with old and new, would you all elaborate on the differences in draw restriction? I saw a few pages back someone said it was easier, but there has been little discussion on it.
I notice no difference.... (This is through a glass piece as I rarely use a piece without one)
I'm getting very stoned though. That part is the same.

Also, there definitely is a difference between glass core and teflon in taste. Not sure about overall vapor production difference as of yet though.

So I'm curious as to how people are packing and loading their bowls for the MV. With my short time with my MV it seems that she works well with most grind consistencies and load sizes, but I'm finding that my optimal hits are coming from using a coarser grind and loading the basket up full, but not tamping it down at all so it can maintain good airflow. How do the rest of you prefer to load her up?

If I want to get highest, I grind it very very well. Then I pack it in, and I pack it down. Then, I take a little poker stick, and poke a round in it a lot at a lot of different angles to get some good holes for airflow. That gets the biggest loads. Any load lower than that of course is good, as long as you maintain good airflow. Also, you should just stir it a couple of times during a session.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
It is a rare thing to find a seed these days, and even more rare, possibly the first time for it to work through the grinder and make it all the way into my mv basket!

Anyway, i had a great tasting basket anyway then dumped the duff in my hand and noted the seed. Next I did what any sane person would do, and ate it!

It was just like a roasted sunflower seed, quite delicious.

Smknbud

I kinda forgot about that, and honestly if there's a difference, I couldn't/can't tell. I'm almost always using the MV dry with delrin adapter and j-hook.

Edit: I probably should have waited till I did an a-b comparison rather relying on memory:lol:. The draw difference is noticeable to me.

So the Glass core doesn't have any inner rings like the teflon core does? Just a screen at the bottom?

That is correct.

Last edited:

abcd5432

My battery on my qc vape is broken. Has never held a charge for longer than 15 or so minutes. What's the process for getting a repair or replacement?

abcd5432,

6079Smith

Thoroughly enjoying getting to know my mini; we are getting along swimmingly :)

5CpMznI.jpg

First impressions were very positive, as mentioned previously the materials and build quality are just fantastic. I knew stealth is not the miniVAP's forte so opted for some color for once and I really like it. The size was both smaller than expected with the adapter and larger with the battery. I know just what my go to self-defense vape will be in the future.

I got a kick out of @sixstringsmash's post about forgetting the flat screen in the flexi because i did the same and had non-decarboxylated herb in my mouth for the first time in years lol. I even went a step further- after calling myself a dope and installing the screen I had a moment of panic.. the draw was very restricted. Disassembly of the mouthpiece showed the leafy culprit. Seems I have a false start on most vapes initially, par for the course.

Draw restriction and ability to milk my glass with the teflon core were paramount on my potential concerns and both were abolished with my first few (unclogged) pulls. The draw is very open IMO and, while there seems to be a slight delay in vapor production as the load heats with your draw, it definitely milked my glass. I found with a bit of a heat soak that I could not outdraw the heater by more than a few blinks, even with sustained draws. It was sure fun trying- and oh so tasty! Much is made of the taste and vape signature of this vape and I'd have to heartily concur :) It rivals my Herbie through a steamroller, one of my current benchmarks in my stable. Literally tasty to the last draw, which was impressive to me when leaving some pretty dark abv.

Ubt0lOg.jpg

The coolness of the teflon oven at max heat is amazing... It is really nice having leisurely sessions that are not rushed as the bowl just cooks away, like other more conductive vapes. Likewise with the battery, I don't feel like a timer is ticking away while it's on. Heat up times have been topical recently, I decided to time how long to blue and red with both battery and adapter. Battery- 1:48 to blue, 3:30 to red. Adapter- 1:26 to blue, 2:48 to red. Average time of 2:23 combined. I wouldn't be unhappy with longer times but do like when products are reasonably in line with manufacturer claims.

I'm curious about the decarb kit and may end up ordering to try but am happy to be satisfied with the teflon. If the decarb kit is added I would be concerned about constant cooking of the oven while idle that the teflon seems to avoid.

All in all, a more than worthy vape to add to the line-up! I don't see it supplanting any of my portables but for at home it's ideal.. I saw it described as a home portable and I like that classification. With the freedom from a cord and top-tier vapor provided, it'll be interesting to see how much my Evo gets put to use as time goes on.

sixstringsmash

I'm reading @6079Smith review of his minivap unit here and I think he's really hitting the nail on the head with a lot of the great things about this vaporizer! Since he also stated he was curious about the decarb kit I thought I would share my initial impressions of the decarb vs. telfon kit's and how I am feeling about them.

To state it simply, I vastly prefer the teflon to the decarb kit but I could also see situations where it would be advantageous to use the decarb kit instead of the teflon, and depending on your vaping situations you might even prefer the decarb kit overall. The teflon has two advantages that I am noticing as far as vaping. The taste is just worlds above the decarb kit first off and secondly the bowl is more efficient if you are anything like me and enjoy taking your time between each hit. Like @6079Smith also stated about being concerned about the decarb kit cooking a bowl, I would say that there definitely seems to be some cooking going on while the bowl is just sitting there, but it is not nearly close to the inefficiency of pure conduction vaporizers. If I could compare it to anything in efficiency I might reference the Mighty? It won't cook your bowl if left alone for ten minutes but it might if it's left alone for thirty. I haven't been brave enough to attempt such yet, but I do definitely notice leaking vapor from the mouthpiece when the decarb kit is idle.

Now I have also noticed two disadvantages with the teflon. The first is that the teflon does not hold heat nearly as well as the decarb kit inbetween hits. What I mean by this is that if I take a decently long draw out of my minivap with the teflon in the heat will go down and it usually takes 20-30 seconds to heat back up to the temp needed to take another good hit. This isn't really an inconvenience for me as it's not my party vape, but I could see that if you were trying to pass this around in a group it might be annoying having to wait for the unit to heat back up before the next person can use it. The other disadvantage of the teflon is that the draws I take from the teflon can't generate nearly as large and condensed hits as on the decarb. That isn't to say the teflon is weak in terms of cloud generation, just that the decarb kit can milk a glass piece a little better. With all that being said though I do not in any way think that the decarb kit offers a fuller extraction than the teflon. It is true that you will have to work a lot harder and longer(like really really long) to fully extract your teflon bowl, but in the end if you keep at it I think the extraction is just as thorough as the decarb kit. You will experience a different high, but I think that's just the nature of adding conduction into the mix. A conduction high is always different than a convection high, which is awesome because that just adds that much more variety to this vaporizer, but I don't think that makes one kit offer superior extraction than the other, just different.

biohacker

@stickstones Big up on ya for the awesome packaging job and getting it through customs to the great white north without any duties/fees! :tup: You the man bro! :rockon:

I purchased the LE Blue kit with an extra core so I have both the teflon and glass cores. Tested the large basket and the small on both. Vastly prefer the glass core...just has more oomph that I require. With a glass tool I can rip a bowl in one go no problem, but I can't seem to really milk up glass at all, at least compared to my Grasshoppers. It's more of a light fog than any sort of milk. Completely perfect extraction, yet I feel the heat on red pretty significantly. The teflon produces way less fog, awesome taste forsure, but just too much hot air and longer sessions that just aren't my thing.

The MV is by far the BEST TASTING vape i've ever had the pleasure of using, however I just don't think it's for me. @ShayWhiteGrow What ye think of mv vs gh from thy experience thus far? I was going to purchase another couple of hoppers for backups, but jumped on this instead, kinda regretting it now.

If you are a flavour nazi, the MV cannot be beat!

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
@biohacker based on your posts that I remember, you tend to prefer the heavier hitting vapes for sure. I don't have a QV, but the Grasshopper definitely milks better than my MiniVape. I think you should be able to get more than just a light fog with the MiniVape,at least in my experience, but not at GH levels.

biohacker

yeah man, much prefer the heaviest hitters as I have a huge tolerance, massive lungs, and have been at this for a decade+. I crave thick clouds, both from a medication perspective but also a satisfaction/visual perspective. I just don't understand how either core max temp is 235c?? The vapour clouds aren't reflective of this temp, and i'm using a finer grind (tried medium and coarse).

I think that the vapour density is simply a function of how pure the convection is with this baby? My past Vriptech was similar....although it also milked up more. I tried different techniques, and came pretty close to milking up (actually it milked, just not super opaque GH density) with the glass core, but with the teflon it was trickier.

I had a teflon with updated core in the past, it seemed ALOT hotter....I mean smokey on red and the taste reflected it. However, I was just loading material directly into the chamber without the flexicone. With the GH I get that ultra thick cloudage at 210c every single time, and it's so much smaller and easier to work with.

Everyone is different, some people have flavour as their first priority, and if that is the case...once again the MV tastes like absolute CANDY (especially the teflon core, the glass is awesome too, just more pungent).

Received an email back from Patricia stating that no freebee glass adapters even if we paid shipping twice, because of the great deal. Bummer, I was really hoping for it as someone mentioned it in the thread here around sale time, not sure if it was just a false promise from MV or just a rumour/nonsense. Had to rig up the flexicone with an arizer elbow and two hand but it sealed and worked properly.

Going to see if i can get a refund for this stuff, if not watch for it soon in the relevant thread. In the meantime, the wifey can't take the GH irritation, so it's back to the Mighty.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
@stickstones Big up on ya for the awesome packaging job and getting it through customs to the great white north without any duties/fees! :tup: You the man bro! :rockon:

I purchased the LE Blue kit with an extra core so I have both the teflon and glass cores. Tested the large basket and the small on both. Vastly prefer the glass core...just has more oomph that I require. With a glass tool I can rip a bowl in one go no problem, but I can't seem to really milk up glass at all, at least compared to my Grasshoppers. It's more of a light fog than any sort of milk. Completely perfect extraction, yet I feel the heat on red pretty significantly. The teflon produces way less fog, awesome taste forsure, but just too much hot air and longer sessions that just aren't my thing.

The MV is by far the BEST TASTING vape i've ever had the pleasure of using, however I just don't think it's for me. @ShayWhiteGrow What ye think of mv vs gh from thy experience thus far? I was going to purchase another couple of hoppers for backups, but jumped on this instead, kinda regretting it now.

If you are a flavour nazi, the MV cannot be beat!
I think they are both right in the same park in flavor and extraction. Although one is session convection vs. on demand convection. I personally wouldn't give either up. They compliment each other well for different reasons. Try turning the gh down to 3 if the harshness persists and try clicking it off while your draw continues and it helps with the heats. I'm loving the new MV! The battery keeps going and going and..... :nod:

biohacker

Thanks swg, yeah she uses the GH on 2-2.5 but she is a very sensitive low temp vaporist. The MV destroyed her lungs even worse. Probably needs to click it off and keep pulling to manage the heat. Regardless, are you able to "milk" your MV with glass? Even with the glass core, that one time I somehow milked seemed to be a fluke and I wasn't able to duplicate it again, so obviously technique and pack are crucial.

Guess you have taught me an important lesson...I know really know the difference between session convection and on-demand convection! I guess different convection session vapes just vape differently..like the old herbalaire I had....extracted incredibly, but took a million wispy hits to get there.

biohacker

Tried it on the lowest blue setting.... no real issues, massive flavour train reported. Thought she was ok going up, and actually reached green and then regretted it and backed it down to purple. She never wanted to try it again after that! She's making me buy a Mighty again...she needs the cooling unit AND water.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Tried it on the lowest blue setting.... no real issues, massive flavour train reported. Thought she was ok going up, and actually reached green and then regretted it and backed it down to purple. She never wanted to try it again after that! She's making me buy a Mighty again...she needs the cooling unit AND water.

Mine should be here today! Was out for delivery the whole day yesterday...
Hold onto that glass core for me possibly! Never tried one and would love to!
Sucks that it is too hot for your wife, although she is a very low temp kind of gal!

It is really odd that it will not milk up a WT, even my old Teflon core gets glass quite milky.

biohacker

Yeah i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.....maybe overfilling the bowl? Is a 1/2 bowl effective for clouds? I was afraid when @ShayWhiteGrow was having an initially poor experience due to not filling it enough. I've tried various grinds, slow pull, faster pull....i'm not sure....the only time I had success was with a small basket and the glass core. Think it all may be spoken for already bro, but if not i'll hang on to the GC for you indeed!

Prepare for FLAVOUR CITY!

Top Bottom