• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

MinnBobber

The interesting thing about Delrin with SSteel liner (current version) is that it seems to act as a heat sink/ has a lot of mass so takes some time to warm up. It seems to cool the vapor , straight from Dong. I took some direct hits and they seemed very cool. That effect might not work as well for those that take hit after hit after hit but I usually have time between hits.

I have not used it for months so I should take it out and do some more experiments---it's a dirty job but somebody's got to do it.

I had also thought about a hybrid Song + Dong. A wider Dong like the current BUT then an outer ridge Song that holds it firmly in place. The Song would be like the current one but minus the 14 or 18 center nipple. It would firmly hold the Delrin piece in place, snug on top of it and wrap over the side for a snug fit. The Delrin Dong is only held in place by the tiny little ridge on the exit hole of the mV cover so only using that ridge is never going to be super secure.

Dong on left, song on right --- trying to get them to mate......

mVsongDelrintop-1.jpg

MinnBobber,
Reactions: scottg402

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
I've done quite a bit of reading on this thread, but could someone tell me if I'm getting my head round this-

The older models have a Teflon core. This has better taste but less clouds. And is pure convection.

Newer models have a glass core. Better clouds but some conduction introduced, and taste not as good as Teflon.

If I order one direct from Hermes I'll get a glass core unless I ask for Teflon.

Is this summary correct? I'm close to pulling the trigger

Alan Partridge,

Smknbud

I've done quite a bit of reading on this thread, but could someone tell me if I'm getting my head round this-

The older models have a Teflon core. This has better taste but less clouds. And is pure convection.

Newer models have a glass core. Better clouds but some conduction introduced, and taste not as good as Teflon.

If I order one direct from Hermes I'll get a glass core unless I ask for Teflon.

Is this summary correct? I'm close to pulling the trigger
Both the TcMV and GcMV have the 'newest' heater cores. Your not buying 'old' when or if you decide on the Teflon core.

Smknbud

any more opinions on the material for the adapter?

I like having the SS liner in mine with one caveat......I wish it were wider for less air restriction. Same circumference as the Flexicone nipple opening would suffice.

Smknbud,

MinnBobber

[
mVsongDelrintop-1.jpg
QUOTE="scottg402, post: 787108, member: 19662"]Looks like that was already incorporated....
DSC_0453_zps4mqqq5cb.jpg

Hard to tell but this looks wider than the original DonG doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

Base is wider, goes over entire cover and it looks like stainless steel piece is bored out.

MinnBobber,
Reactions: Smknbud

THE KISS FREAK

Rock & Roll All Night & Party Every Day!
Ok, just found my new favorite way to use my Goldie of Love when at home. I had some rewards $$ at V.N. so I got like half off one of those little MFLB Orbiter water tools. Fucking thing is AWEOME!:tup: I'm a DRY user, cuz i have to medicate throughout the day and the reason that I purchased the MiniVap in the first place is because of it's portability and Awesome Battery Life. So portable is Dry. But when I'm home I've got the Adapter to plug into wall and use it like that quite often and tried some of my w.t. from when I combusted and it takes just too much volume and I'ts almost impossible to get any decet draws. So that's why the MFLB Orbiter it's Just the Perfect size and has a GROOVY wooden / wire stand and comes with two Nice whips. I think it's worth the full price and I would've gladly paid it.

So I cleaned my M.V. this weekend and have changed for the time being to the decarboxilation kit. Bought it and wanted to try it finally. I've noticed the improved density of draws. obviosly it's hotter and really needs cooling / conditioning, although I've been using it dry during the day at work. I'm used to the heat though! I've got it set up like this: Super Fine Screen, Screen, Small Teflon Ring, Screen, Large Metal Decarbox Ring, Large Basket, Ringed Screen into Flexi-Cone+ into the 14MM W.T. Adapter from Hermes, into top of Orbiter, then out of Orbiter with shorter of the two MFLB Whips. WOW!:mmmm:. I'll eventually try with the Small Decarbox Ring, but for now it doesn't seem to want to fit. The Outside Diameter is just a few thousandths of an inch too big and I don't want to Jam it in there till I can adjust the O.D. afraid of getting it stuck. I'm a machinist, so I'll just bring it into work one day and reduce it.
@lazylathe thanks for the tips on how and how often you do yours.:rockon:I gotta figure out this Quote thing,LOL:D
I've taken Pictures, I'm just not sure how to load them? Do I need to use a third party place to upload my pics and then to here? and if so any suggestions? Members help with that please, I did a video already through youtube, so i'm good with that

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I would like to use the Teflon liner again but it was a bit scortched from to be removed (it was not easy and I used some strenght to take it off), can I use it again without issue cause I prefer to don't order another one until I get something else to order....

I'm waiting for the small battery, the large one never interested me, any news?

PPN,

killick

But I like it!
A small comedy of errors by my MV is home! Firstly it was misaddressed - close, but not quite. Fixed that, then found they used the incorrect label, so free shipping, but 22$ taxes and duty, as opposed to a warranty repair and return.

The courier calls and days 'it will deliver tomorrow'. Poo, I'm going to the airport. Get dropped off and wife sends a message - right after we left they dropped the package off, and it's on her hands. I'm looking forward to what is now known as MiniV Saturday at my house.... You will know me by my clouds of vapour heaven :)

THE KISS FREAK

Rock & Roll All Night & Party Every Day!
@killick , What a fiasco. Lol :) hope the New unit works good for you! I've had my Goldie since Sept. 2014 still vaping GREAT.
I recently switched to the Decarbox Kit & I'm loving the way she's hitting now :love:, Awesome:rockon::mmmm::bigleaf:, thicker, denser clouds:D
Currently enjoying medicating on break, On Red, small basket, rimmed screen, flexi-cone+, Teflon mouthpiece :tup:

MinnBobber

......I'm looking forward to what is now known as MiniV Saturday at my house.... You will know me by my clouds of vapour heaven..... :)
OK, I'm in Minnesota but I expect to see a big vapor cloud off in the western sky Saturday evening ;)

Edit---northwestern sky vapor cloud for a colorful sunset.......

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
@MinnBobber so Colorado and Washington are kinda/sorta that direction, too. I'll contribute to their way of healing the ozone layer, and I'll be watching you south east central-ites contribute in your own way :)

Thanks to our resident superstar @Ratchett for his wizardry! My last MV lid was fitting a bit funky, but I was warned about it. Anyways, the replacement arrived! And MV arrived. The only thing missing is the operator. Gads, I dunno if I can handle this sort of pressure for much longer! I'm gonna go and play with the cloud pen, but I won't 'like' like it... Well, I prolly will, but you know what I mean...

Last edited by a moderator:

Vap974

Hi everybody, i'm looking for a advice.I use the Lotus Wpa with my minivap and i'm really enjoy it.
I would like to use the Pinnacle water tool.Is anybody can tell me if the lotus wpa+minivap+Pinnacle water tool is a good idea ?Stickstones, perhaps you have the pinnacle watertool..?Thanks.

Vap974,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I have both (but don't have the wpa on hand), I'm not sure it would be a good fit. The pinnacle "water" tool is better used without water to be honest. I can't stand it with water in it, it splashes around and you always get some in your mouth..

Roger D,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
My experience is similar to @Roger D 's. It's a super small and cool piece of glass, but you have to maintain that balance between too much water that it splashes and so little water it doesn't filter. There is a fine line there. But it does work. You could also get a 14mm/18mm reducer and use a bigger piece of glass.

stickstones,
Top Bottom