• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

THE KISS FREAK

Rock & Roll All Night & Party Every Day!
Hello fellow Vapers. I've got to strongly agree with @stickstones and @MinnBobber that 1. New users come here & read some negative & or faulty unit reviews & assume that their unit is bad without spending enough time to become acquainted with the Mini, which in turn has probably caused Hermes some unneeded grief & BAD Reputation. as well as consumers needlessly spending their own money to send units back which may be fine. 2.When it could very well be that it's not proper technique. The MiniVap can be a beast if used properly. I do TRULY feel awful for those of you who do have a faulty unit!! That just SUCKS! The experience being missed is truly wonderful:tup::mmmm:
My own experience again. I've had my Goldie Teflon Core since 9-2014 from V.N. and have had NO problems, I use it mostly Dry ( used my w/t twice which was awesome ). I NEVER pre-heat or heat-soak, I find it unnecessary and a waste of my time. Once it reaches the desired temp color I've chosen ITS GOOD TO GO! Sometimes the light will stay solid for a minute or so after changing temp, but starts flashing again till reaching temp when it goes solid again. I use the Flexi-Cone+ with rimmed screen & small basket, occasionally the large basket. I mostly use Pink, Green & Red= to finish extraction. I've found Blue to give only SUPER TASTY wispy blue light vapor. Pink gives me way more & thicker vapor(clouds). Green even more Vapor. Red the most if starting there. The first few draws really heat up the chamber and load , no vapor. Long, Slow ,Steady Draws provide me the best vapor production as per quick start guide. Fast,Hard Draws work, just not as well for me. Short Draws provide No Visible vapor! As my wife has no lung capacity and can't Draw more than few seconds & exhales no visible vapor, though she swears effects are there. When Really Fully charged my battery light is Blue for a short time, then goes to Green. When using the Adapter to power the unit the battery indicator light will stay Blue. Any New users I encourage you to stick with it, until a bad unit can be proved the reason and not User Error. I wish everyone could have the experience I'm having, as it's Wonderful. Hope that my experiences can help some.

Last edited:

mixchu69

I've had a week to enjoy the Mv now and its pretty good. I can't help but feel my unit has lower temps than average. I mean, I'm medicated, but when I look at my bowl its pretty light brown with tints of green in it. I wasn't getting more vapour and ran the unit at red-green but I feel the abv wasn't quite finished.
I get that same experience when my batteries are low and I overpack the bowl.

Vap974

hi everybody, yesterday i found that the lotus wpa fits perfectly in the minivap.As it's steel,perhaps it brings decarboxilation
1429703711.jpg

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
Hmmm I've wanted one of these for a while but the problems people have had has put me off. Plus the poor customer service is a concern- I feel sorry for those who have splashed out £330 for possibly the most expensive portable vape to be left hanging for 3+ months. That's very poor. And the official site has absolutely zero information about what you're getting. Without FC I would know fuck all about this vape. The VAS in my loins is telling me yes but my head says no....

OnCloud8

Vapor Vixen
Hmmm I've wanted one of these for a while but the problems people have had has put me off. Plus the poor customer service is a concern- I feel sorry for those who have splashed out £330 for possibly the most expensive portable vape to be left hanging for 3+ months. That's very poor. And the official site has absolutely zero information about what you're getting. Without FC I would know fuck all about this vape. The VAS in my loins is telling me yes but my head says no....

Proceed with extreme caution my friend.

My first one was covered in scratches, I didn't even use it (not sure who's fault that was), so I paid for return shipping to the vendor and got it replaced. Then my second one worked so well for several months that I absolutely feel in love with it, although I had to buy a bunch of accessories to get it to really hit right. Just as I got the experience dialed in it stopped heating up to useable temps, and I've been in RMA land ever since. I've now been without mine for about 4 months. The return process is complicated and you have to pay for shipping back to the company with your own money.

I'm sorry to have to say it because the miniVAP is indeed an amazing amazing vape, when it works. But If I didn't already have one, I wouldn't even consider buying it now, it's just not a reliable product and the company is hard to get a hold of. It is worth saying that they are very polite and will help you when they do finally respond to one of your emails tho.

I would say, buy this only if you love tinkering with DIY attachments, have plenty of back ups should it fail, and basically be prepared for it to fail at some point within the first year.

See, now that I typed that out I realize that the real problem here is that you can never be just "comfortable" with this vape...you have to be constantly analyzing it (is it working today? getting up to temp ok? are my materials good enough to work well?). All those questioning thoughts, they can really ruin the experience for you. Even when I do get my replacement, I know I'm going to be questioning it every time I use it. Thinking about that makes me sad and makes me feel like I threw a bunch of money into the wind.

killick

But I like it!
My exchange process has been fairly painless, outside of the original vendor, Vapor Nation, refusing to take it back. I sent it to Hermes ($9.00 air express from Canada), and I got 3 (yes, three) emails today, with tracking number, with a pickup date of tomorrow. I maybe mv'd up for the Weekend... That's not too shabby...

OnCloud8

Vapor Vixen
My exchange process has been fairly painless, outside of the original vendor, Vapor Nation, refusing to take it back. I sent it to Hermes ($9.00 air express from Canada), and I got 3 (yes, three) emails today, with tracking number, with a pickup date of tomorrow. I maybe mv'd up for the Weekend... That's not too shabby...

You know a vape is a problem child when the nicest thing people can say is "well, my exchange process was fairly painless"

Not trying to sass you Kilik, really, and I'm glad your experience hasn't been to painful. It would be nice if that was the case for all of us with failed units.

Maybe I will feel better when I get mine replaced. Maybe I will change my tune, but when I think about this thing, I think about how night after night has gone into modding, troubleshooting and stressing over this thing. The miniVAP has made me cry on at least 3 separate occasions.

That's the opposite of what this hobby is supposed to be about.

killick

But I like it!
@OnCloud8 to be fair before the unit failed I had nothing to complain about. It only has the typical learning curve. I thought we were past the flailing units when I decided to order mine, but guess I got on the end of the duff run.

I wish you well on your return process. I did nothing extra ordinary to start mine. Just opened a case online, got instructions, and of it went. With a bit of luck this week be the last time I ship Hermes anything defective.

OnCloud8

Vapor Vixen
@OnCloud8 to be fair before the unit failed I had nothing to complain about. It only has the typical learning curve. I thought we were past the flailing units when I decided to order mine, but guess I got on the end of the duff run.

I wish you well on your return process. I did nothing extra ordinary to start mine. Just opened a case online, got instructions, and of it went. With a bit of luck this week be the last time I ship Hermes anything defective.

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm sure I will feel at least somewhat better when I get mine replaced.

OnCloud8,
Reactions: killick

killick

But I like it!
One more thing, since we are on the topic of dealing with Spain and the cost associated... I'm in Canada, about 45 minutes from Washington state, and I'm finding it cheaper to deal with Spain than dealing with the USA. It cost me a whole 9 beans to ship it air express. I decided to order some spare parts and try save on shipping... Which came to a whole 11 beans... So that's been a nice surprise as well... Plus it's always a bit unnerving shipping something that mm had been in across the mythical line between the countries. It's legal here, and in WA, but I could get body cavity searched by stepping across the line. Wierd, eh?

killick,

spoutti

Good to know all this @killick. I appreciate the fact you share your canadian experience, as I am too. I thought it would cost way more to ship it back to spain. For rma, Its one way shipping you pay, hermes pays the other correct? The mv has a lot more for me than the mighty, but s&b seem to have the edge in service dept, weighting a lot for me. Im still slowly makiing my mind as to wich one I should buy..

@OnCloud8 I feel for you. Reading you post reminded me a bit of me starting with a known defective core and a persei top not designed to handle the sr71. Paying a premium price direct from the manufacturer for defective products gave a big hit to my ego. Now that I know wich angle my core works, got an hammer top, vaping with sr71 is a bliss. Using an istick 50w is giving me a portable setup. I wish you can get a reliable repeatable experience with a quickly arriving mv as I did with my hercules sr71 months later.

xhexk

Just had another session with it on red using the flexicone+ with the small basket (Hermes suggested it performs better on the small basket) inhaling slow for about 10-12 seconds. The first 2 hits were very nice and got about 3 more alright hits off it before it the vapour started to decrease a lot. Abv same as before, medium brownish in colour. The flexicone+ was definitely getting hot lower down near the lid, but when I went for the basket it wasn't nearly as hot as the flexicone.

xhexk,

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Earth Day is a good day to get a replacement MiniVAP :tup:

After several months of emails and sending my MV on a roundtrip to Spain without getting repaired, Jorge finally sent me a new black teflon core and battery a week ago. It arrived today and the new core seems to work just as it should, or at least the way the old black core did before it died. The MV is such an amazing vape when it works right!!

Unfortunately, the black battery Hermes sent doesn't work and doesn't charge. This is the same thing that happened with the first black battery I was sent. Both black batteries have misprinted serial numbers so I have a feeling they were both from a bad batch. Don't they test the batteries before sending?

Jorge was nice enough to ask me what accessories I'd like for free with the replacement core and battery. I requested regular flexicones and some of the o-ring screens. I received flexicones+ and regular screens. :(

My silver battery does still work though, so for now the two-tone MiniVAP is back! :rockon:

xzJUqiZ.jpg

EDIT:

Just heard back from Jorge about the battery...it only took about an hour! :tup:

He said he would send me a working black battery. I asked him if he could maybe test it before sending to make sure it works this time. His response:

"I give the proper instructions but it seems that the people who are assembling are not taking enough attention to what they do.. :("

I told him:

"Maybe they use the MiniVAP too much while working ;)"

I didn't mention the FC theory about stoned Spanish gnomes :lmao:

Last edited:

lwien

Ahhh................k, thanks.

While we're on batteries, do these batts hold onto a charge longer after they've been recharged more than a few times? I know that some batteries do but I'm not sure about li-ions.

Reason why I'm asking is that I'm able to get about 75 mins out of mine before it goes to red and then when I put it on the charger, it takes about 55 min. to reach full charge.

lwien,

lazylightning

1 week ago I was emailing Jorge about my replacement MV and I told him:

"I also run a small business. It is just myself running the entire business and I get over 100 orders a month. I know how much time it takes to answer emails and customer questions but I always find time to do it because my customers are very important to me. This makes my customers feel good and they tell all of their friends what a good business I run. Hermes could be like that too, even if you had to pay somebody to answer email a few hours every day."

Today, Jorge just wrote me and said:

"I hope everything goes well soon.

In 1-2 weeks a friend from US is working to manage all the customer service. Your advise last week made me think that it's worth to have just one person managing the shipping, request, etc.

Sincerely thanks :)
"

So it looks like very soon we will have someone in the US to contact about warranty issues!

Smknbud

In 1-2 weeks a friend from US is working to manage all the customer service. Your advise last week made me think that it's worth to have just one person managing the shipping, request, etc.

Sincerely thanks :)
"

So it looks like very soon we will have someone in the US to contact about warranty issues!

I'll make a bet that that very person will be our own @stickstones ......

Mrmrmrmr

That would sweet if true !
I took minivap on a nature hike/freerun tonight which was a blast ,nature is the best :love:
Snuck up on MV and snapped a picture of her in her natural habitat :ninja:
143dzkw.jpg

Vaporizing/vaporizers have shown me such a broader side of the herb. So many variables,experiments, and such. I'll shut up now :lol: MV got me on another level :o

lazylightning

That would sweet if true !
I took minivap on a nature hike/freerun tonight which was a blast ,nature is the best :love:
Snuck up on MV and snapped a picture of her in her natural habitat :ninja:
143dzkw.jpg

Vaporizing/vaporizers have shown me such a broader side of the herb. So many variables,experiments, and such. I'll shut up now :lol: MV got me on another level :o

Great pic! I like taking my two-tone MV out in nature too, but she's like your MV's ugly sister so I don't take many photos. :tinfoil:

Top Bottom