MiniVAP Vaporizer

Tab

Nerd
Hey Guys,

bought a J-Hook from Weedstar for 10 Euros in the City here yesterday.
I suggest you to try one of these, works really great as a Mouthpiece on all my Vapes.
Very tasty, thick clouds and no harshness while vaping.
You can use it with the MV`s Flexicone, also a reducer and upside down, like you do with a WT... :brow:

546_0.png

'm awaiting a response from Alfredo. Shitty thing is, whoever repaired my core must've seen that it wasn't right. Indeed they must've reinstalled all the screen and rings and seen they didn't fit right. Boo!

Agree, Boo! Wish you good luck !!!

The only hole it leaves is for your 'on the go' needs if you need to be stealthy.
Maybe you should take a look into the Arizer Air, this fits the hole for "on the go" very well...

Edit: I do rendering, too :lol:

:lmao::tup:

Last edited:
Tab,
Reactions: Michel

bigmouth

First off I noticed that the larger Teflon ring was protruding about 2/2.5 mm out of the chamber.
That's normal. What do you mean by the smaller teflon ring? Is that from the decarb kit or something?

Another issue. On red and to a far lesser extent green the heater actually smells electronicy. Another issue. It gets up to heat fine and cycles fine, but once it goes a solid color after a medium length pull the light starts to flash as though I've dropped the core set temp enough to make it need to heat back up.
Have you tried it on pink? I find that's roughly equivalent to how hot green used to be. No bad smells on pink. The blinking thing is normal. It seems to be how the unit knows to reset the automatic shutoff timer.

If Hermes would just answer after 1 month of silence it would be much easier...
To clarify, are you saying Hermes has completely ignored all of your emails? They haven't asked you to send in your unit for diagnosis and repair? Sorry if you've explained this already, but your posts are all over the place, and it's difficult to understand why you're so angry.

Michel

To clarify, are you saying Hermes has completely ignored all of your emails? They haven't asked you to send in your unit for diagnosis and repair? Sorry if you've explained this already, but your posts are all over the place, and it's difficult to understand why you're so angry.

Not exactly. After 2 weeks he asked me where I bought it. I answered the same day. Then silence again. Somewhere I found his (private?) phone number on the forum. Had already his post address thx to @Vapst, but I felt bad sending 500€ to an unconfirmed address, even if my reseller gave me exactly the same contact. I just wanted Hermes to confirm and make sure there will be somebody in the office since they are only 2 people working there. So I called him 1 week ago. He was very friendly and we had a nice talk. He asked me to send him an email again and he would send me the new address and some technical infos because he is just moving to another office with another post address. This was a week ago. Called him yesterday and he isn't picking up the phone again. If he were one of my business contacts at work I would blacklist him to to the whole company and all of our suppliers...
Perhaps some can understand my mood. I was still very friendly and polite to Hermes and send very nice emails. Wasn't stalking him daily, too, like I do here on the forum. I could understand him ignoring me if I would send him each of my posts per email. But I called or emailed only once a week, not more, beeing patient, more understanding, and way more polite than I'm here on FC... If you still have questions would you mind to PM me if it's not useful to the public? I feel like there are enough bad vibes on the thread already. :)

Edit: @Kommyknocker
If it smells really like plastic I would send it back, even if the Teflon ring protruding out of the chamber could be normal (what I can't imagine)
Perhaps someone with a tcmv 2015 can verify if he has 2 or only one sieves between chamber and heater. I would think there are still 2 meshes.

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
So after several weeks of going great my lovely black MV needs to be fixed. I can get scraggly wisps of vape every now and then on red, and nothing below that. I've pulled the battery several times in a futile attempt at rebooting it... So I guess it's time to stick a fork in it and call the vendor...

OnCloud8

Vapor Vixen
Oh wow, have not been here in a while, seems like things are a bit shakey.

Been slacking on my return, about to finally sort it out.

But now which type should I get to replace when I send it in? Glass or Teflon?

And what's this about bad smelling units? Gosh, I bought this because it was supposed to be the opposite of something that would have questionable odors when hot...geez.

Kommyknocker

I'm gonna give my new one ringed unit a thorough testing as I've days off coming soon. I'll let yall know how that works out.

By one ring.. I mean my Teflon chamber sleeves.. My unit only let's me have the large ring to function as my other units did.

Kommyknocker,

Kommyknocker

So seriously? I'm the only one with this higher up than normal heater placement?
This thing definitely works. I took the blurple advice and that seems familiar like stated, seemed like green on my older unit. Green works nice too.
The whine has lessened in noticability(made up) due to being to wrecked. Also I often end up finding myself vaping in silence for some bizarre reason, so its more easily noticed.

Kommyknocker,

Smknbud

So seriously? I'm the only one with this higher up than normal heater placement?
This thing definitely works. I took the blurple advice and that seems familiar like stated, seemed like green on my older unit. Green works nice too.
The whine has lessened in noticability(made up) due to being to wrecked. Also I often end up finding myself vaping in silence for some bizarre reason, so its more easily noticed.
With my replacement the Teflon liner sticks up a little more than my failed unit did, just a tad above the silicone lip/rim where the flexicone sits. The seal is fine and air tight. I noticed it right away when I got it, but was so minuscule in nature that I dismissed it. Hard to believe that the heater would install different from unit to unit as I would have thought it was a fixed designed configuration. Odd. I'll be curious what Hermes says in response to your inquiry.

Smknbud,

Kommyknocker

I'll set it up tonight with both rings in place to show yous what I'm working with. It does its job with the single ring.

Kommyknocker,

bigmouth

Like I already said, it's normal. At least, mine's the same way. The herb chamber is a little shallower on the new models. My glass sleeve sat flush with the chamber opening, but the new teflon sleeve sticks up a mm or so.

I think this may be why the large basket was redesigned slightly. Speaking of which, are you packing the chamber directly, or still using a basket?

bigmouth,

barnardbarnard

I noticed the sleeve sticking up slightly too on my new tcmv unit I have done as kommyknocker suggested and removed the screen between the two sleeves so now the chamber is deeper and the top sleeve fits perfectly.

I prefer to load direct into the chamber.

Last edited:
barnardbarnard,

bigmouth

I noticed the sleeve sticking up slightly too on my new tcmv unit I have done as kommyknocker suggested and removed the lower sleeve so now the chamber is deeper and the sleeve fits perfectly.
Okay... now I'm totally confused lol. Forgive my ignorance, but what is this "lower sleeve"/second ring? Is it underneath the screen at the bottom of the chamber?

I prefer to load direct into the chamber.
Indeed. I think I got the idea from you, among others.

bigmouth,

barnardbarnard

@bigmouth apologies I meant I removed the screen not sleeve see my edited post should make sense now - yes there are two sleeves a longer one at the top then a screen separating them then a shorter sleeve underneath.

barnardbarnard,
Reactions: bigmouth

bigmouth

Gotcha... thanks for the explanation @stickstones and @barnardbarnard.

What's strange is, when I took out the screen once before, I didn't see a second ring, but this was when my unit still had glass. Haven't looked since the glass was replaced with teflon.

bigmouth,

THE KISS FREAK

Rock & Roll All Night & Party Every Day!
Hey everyone, just dropping a line. I troll, but don't post unless I can add something. Got my Goldie 7 months ago and it's still going STRONG!! I feel BAD for all you fellow vapers that apparently got part of the " BAD" batch:ugh::huh:. That really BLOWS! I hope that you all get replacements or repair services. Cuz I Love mine, it's my one and only, not counting BENDER.:rockon:

Kommyknocker

I'm loving the new more robust large baskets and revised size rimmed flat screens. Stops that eventual stretch of those precious flexicones... The exaggerated inwards flare allows easier scooping, allows easier on/offage of basket/o screen. A welcome improvement.
Unit is running smooth. Don't really use red.

lwien

I troll, but don't post unless I can add something.

Don't incriminate yourself. You're not trolling, you're lurking. BIG difference. ;)

I just got word that my brand new TCMV got shipped today. Will post up review when it arrives. Never used an MV before. My LSV has been my daily driver for a few years now. How do you guys think it'll stack up?

Smknbud

Don't incriminate yourself. You're not trolling, you're lurking. BIG difference. ;)

I just got word that my brand new TCMV got shipped today. Will post up review when it arrives. Never used an MV before. My LSV has been my daily driver for a few years now. How do you guys think it'll stack up?
My hope is that you wonder why you took so long to buy it or try it. One thing I'm sure of is that you'll be honest with your opinion. :brow: I do mean that in a good way.....seriously.

Hermes Facebook post.....almost forgot what day it is....my heart sank for a second.

Hello to everyone, we have a sad announcement today:
We are concert to say that authorities have sued us in order to force us to close our project. They say we are encourage people in spain to use cannabinoids and other forbbiden substances. They don't understand, (of course they can't) that we are trying to improve this people lifes, and our first target it's science, medicine, and tecnology quality. They only see through their new laws against freedom.
As we haven't enough money to pay the fine, we have to close.
It has been a pleasure working this years, we'll never forget your support, guys. Thanks to you all.
Maybe will start in other place? Who knows... Meanwhile take a break in Bahamas in some clouds...
Before you start complaining, one more thing...

Just kidding, Happy April fool's day!!

-The MV team

Last edited:

Fogoff

Just read on their facebook that hermes medical are shut down by authorities....

Sad days if it's coming to be true...

Fogoff,

Fogoff

:hmm: I did not try to contact them since last year, but they were pretty reactive, it took a week to upgrade my mv at the time...

After some thinking and reading over there, i will stick with my teflon unit

It's working flawlessly, got timer set to 20mn which is ideal for the way i'm using it.

The only thing bugginf me sometimes is the noise but it's a small details compare to all the greatness the devices offers me :D

I'm using it with the power supply from the beginning and do nt intend to buy the battery as it will be useless for me, not using it on the go.

Cheers everyone :leaf:

Fogoff,
Reactions: Smknbud
Top Bottom