• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

Michel

Thought of this, too. Perhaps the cooling coil can be attached to the bottom half of the black mouth piece. Don't know the diameter. Better get a CC anyway to see if it can be air sealed or not. I would even drill a bigger hole in the MV lid if necessary and stabilize the coil with a grommet. Please share your modification if it works!

Michel,
Reactions: bigmouth

Edwardo

Thought of this, too. Perhaps the cooling coil can be attached to the bottom half of the black mouth piece. Don't know the diameter. Better get a CC anyway to see if it can be air sealed or not. I would even drill a bigger hole in the MV lid if necessary and stabilize the coil with a grommet. Please share your modification if it works!
I will indeed, but with my current finances I don't think I'll be drilling into my MV lid just yet :shrug:A spare lid is like €50!

bigmouth

Really curious to see how the Plenty coil works out! I'll bet you need an adapter though. Just eyeballing pics online, it looks pretty wide/thick. You might even be able to slide a short length of flexicone tube into the coil.

bigmouth,
Reactions: Michel

Michel

Yeah the price is ridiculously high. I have the inner plastic of a lid left and would sacrifice it... But I'm still dreaming about the bottom half of the mouth piece just sticking air sealed in the CC

Michel,
Reactions: Tab

Edwardo

Yeah the price is ridiculously high. I have the inner plastic of a lid left and would sacrifice it... But I'm still dreaming about the bottom half of the mouth piece just sticking air sealed in the CC
Oh shit, yea, i forgot about the little MV mouth piece (used it once then threw it in the bag never to be used again). Thats it, I'm going to order a Plenty CC next week.

Michel

Keep us updated! Very curious! Finally someone sacrifices 10€ to the forum! This is probably the only way I personally could enjoy the MV:clap: . Hope it air seals like it is or just with some silicone...

Michel,

Mrmrmrmr

Oh shit, yea, i forgot about the little MV mouth piece (used it once then threw it in the bag never to be used again). Thats it, I'm going to order a Plenty CC next week.
IMO it's easier to get a song or something similar and hook a dry glass mouthpiece/j hook up to it. But if your set on the cooling coil let us know how it goes!

Michel

Since I even start to repeat your advices about WT's to @Viskuld , I decided to work faster and got home before wifey and the kids. So I'm sitting here listening to my bad ass motherfucker music and this:
21406700we.jpg

Not bad. Taste is so good. Exactly how like my bud smells. No roasted taste at all. Pure flavor. Gives finally clouds near the mighty without killing my throat, directly on red. 2nd direct loaded bowl. Can't stop anymore. I have to revape through all my weeds to see what they really tastes before wifey is there. She asked me to clean up because she knows I'm already here. Fuck it. She'll understand....

More feedback later, MV is waiting. Did I mention my unit isn't defective, only pourly designed with the shitty mouth piece and flexicones for dry usage? I will stalk hermes anyway. Perhaps it's just not calibrated hot enough. Or I need the GC. Anyway, time is running...

Michel

Ok, tried the same setup from above with a very tamped and precooked bowl in the mighty on highest temp. Couldn't take more than 2 hits before I nearly died. Used my full lung volume and ignored the throat tickering on the second draw. Resulted in severe coughing and massive clouds like combusting a bowl. Did I mention my MV has to be defective, lol! :mental:Or definitive not running hot enough.
Water is so great! Damn, this one is hard to explain to wifey, why I'm into bongs now. She wont understand this easily. I'll tell her simply I'll buy a "water filter". I need something like the orbiter.... Or the whip-integrated water filter I saw on the thread....
Taste was awful compared to the Minivap session right before. The water bottle is stinking a little bit like combustion from 1 mighty bowl only. Have to re-think about my consumption style, vapor humidity and accessoires...
Just tried to get Hermes again. I need a working MV fast! With a WT even the "defective" MV is way superior to the mighty in terms of taste. Not harsh, dry or bitter at all like I even experienced with a very long whip.

Edit: I do rendering, too :lol:

Edit 2: had a session with the MV again. It produces less vapor but it performs great with water anyway! Milky tasty clouds! It drives me nuts! Hope Hermes has pity with me soon... Don't understand nothing anymore. I think I'll disassemble the unit tomorrow to see if there are loose connections or another visible damage... Don't think this will help, at least I'm occupied with something to play!:D

Last edited:

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Sounds like a normal unit to me. With the newest gcmv you shouldn't use your full lungs when taking the hit. Use half capacity instead and inhale air to push the cloud to the bottom of your lungs in a second step. Make it thick but don't take more that you can handle.

Mrmrmrmr

Since I even start to repeat your advices about WT's to @Viskuld , I decided to work faster and got home before wifey and the kids. So I'm sitting here listening to my bad ass motherfucker music and this:
21406700we.jpg

Not bad. Taste is so good. Exactly how like my bud smells. No roasted taste at all. Pure flavor. Gives finally clouds near the mighty without killing my throat, directly on red. 2nd direct loaded bowl. Can't stop anymore. I have to revape through all my weeds to see what they really tastes before wifey is there. She asked me to clean up because she knows I'm already here. Fuck it. She'll understand....

More feedback later, MV is waiting. Did I mention my unit isn't defective, only pourly designed with the shitty mouth piece and flexicones for dry usage? I will stalk hermes anyway. Perhaps it's just not calibrated hot enough. Or I need the GC. Anyway, time is running...
You might have better luck achieving larger clouds if you hook it up to glass..imnot sure what kinda seal your getting with that plastic bottle. How is your MV poorly designed ?
I've never heard that complaint before. I agree the stock mouthpieces aren't good but the flexicones are the shit.
Maybe you should send it back in if your not getting clouds as big as themighty. I got to try one yesterday and my MV blew it out of the water regarding clouds and effects.

Kommyknocker

Righty Oh.. Got my vap back. Issues. Where's the tissues.
First off I noticed that the larger Teflon ring was protruding about 2/2.5 mm out of the chamber. I'll just push it in, think I. Nope, does not go down any farther.
Take it out and find that the placement of the new heater in my core doesn't allow for both the small and large Teflon rings to be housed simultaneously. Obviously the small one is useless on its own, so I set up the screens and place the larger one in on its own and voila.
Odd.
Another issue. It's noisy. Like a whine.
Another issue. On red and to a far lesser extent green the heater actually smells electronicy. Another issue. It gets up to heat fine and cycles fine, but once it goes a solid color after a medium length pull the light starts to flash as though I've dropped the core set temp enough to make it need to heat back up.

Edit.. Gets me messed up like before. Works.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Righty Oh.. Got my vap back. Issues. Where's the tissues.
First off I noticed that the larger Teflon ring was protruding about 2/2.5 mm out of the chamber. I'll just push it in, think I. Nope, does not go down any farther.
Take it out and find that the placement of the new heater in my core doesn't allow for both the small and large Teflon rings to be housed simultaneously. Obviously the small one is useless on its own, so I set up the screens and place the larger one in on its own and voila.
Odd.
Another issue. It's noisy. Like a whine.
Another issue. On red and to a far lesser extent green the heater actually smells electronicy. Another issue. It gets up to heat fine and cycles fine, but once it goes a solid color after a medium length pull the light starts to flash as though I've dropped the core set temp enough to make it need to heat back up.

Edit.. Gets me messed up like before. Works.

All below that ring issue seem right. The smell with go away, just let it sit on red for a bunch of hours, the noise you get used to it, or simply too medicated to pay attention to it ;)

Wzfbaby7

What exactly is the current firmware version? And does Hermes plan on releasing new vaporizers in the near future? The MiniVap has been plagued with problems so I think a fresh, reliable vaporizer would help them get back into it.

Kommyknocker

All below that ring issue seem right. The smell with go away, just let it sit on red for a bunch of hours, the noise you get used to it, or simply too medicated to pay attention to it ;)
So yours allows a full set of Teflon rings yeah? One small then a screen And then the large one?

3.6 or. 7 I believe .

Kommyknocker,

Michel

Sounds like a normal unit to me. With the newest gcmv you shouldn't use your full lungs when taking the hit. Use half capacity instead and inhale air to push the cloud to the bottom of your lungs in a second step. Make it thick but don't take more that you can handle.

I was referring to the mighty, not to the gcmv. :D I still have a 2014 tcmv. I just compared both, mighty and tcmv, on max temp. This is why I pushed me to inhale the same amount than with the MV before, but the mighty was simply hitting harder. Half lung capacity only, this is how I used the mighty dry depending on temps anyway. Hold 5-10 secs for maximum resorption and so on... The same for nearly every vape without draw restriction... But thank you anyway! :)

You might have better luck achieving larger clouds if you hook it up to glass..imnot sure what kinda seal your getting with that plastic bottle. How is your MV poorly designed ?
I've never heard that complaint before. I agree the stock mouthpieces aren't good but the flexicones are the shit.
Maybe you should send it back in if your not getting clouds as big as themighty. I got to try one yesterday and my MV blew it out of the water regarding clouds and effects.

The improvised water bottle was just a try to see if glass could please me before I spend money on anything collecting dust besides my MV and his retired colleagues. It did please me! And it works pretty good since it's completely airsealed. I'm luckily able to drill a very round hole of 7mm and stick a round 8mm silicone through it. But thanks for your thoughts! I'll get an orbiter or a small WT like I mentioned! They'll outperform the water bottle (hopefully)!

@Mrmrmrmr
I assume you still didn't read my older (and newer?) posts. I had a monologue on this already. This is probably why you never heard of design problems or other critics, you overread them. Just to give you an idea: my bottle is better air sealed than the untweaked MV lid with flexicone + (and basket). But let's forget this, I won't repeat myself in every post anymore since you aren't a newbie and I ranted enough. :peace:
Probably I just should get a new one like you said since other MV's are seeming to outperform the mightys. If Hermes would just answer after 1 month of silence it would be much easier...:rolleyes: But I'm already repeating myself and ranting again....

@Kommyknocker
Thank you for your post. I won't deal with hermes to warranty my old tc, I'll get a new from my reseller when they have the GC in stock hopefully very soon. But I'm not really confident this could protect me from further bad experiences. But taste seems to be worth the struggle, if it's not a plastic one.

Edit:
@Roger D : I thought only china Vapes (and some S&B units apparently) needed burn offs. Mine didn't. Smelled neutral apart the white rubber ring around the bowl. The MV shouldn't play in the China league for this price. If it needs a burn off, it's obviously outgasing something. Please correct me when I'm wrong.

@Wzfbaby7 : I asked Hermes about a pocket unit. Let's see what (better when or even if) Alfredo answers...

.....snip..... This is probably the only way I personally could enjoy the MV:clap: . Hope the Cooling Coil air seals like it is or just with some silicone...
I was so wrong... Could be nice anyway.
But even defective MV + WT = best taste I know so far.

Last edited:
Michel,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Just a small post to share how I connect my MV to water tools.

Here what you need: reducer (except if your WT is already 14mm), 2cm of silicone tubing (ID=1.1cm) and a dismantled mflb WT connector (it is a 14mm mâle joint, I took off the whip and the wood part)...and a MV!

l5fp26A.jpg

You put everything together like that:

zRoyPDd.jpg

And you connect it to your water tool, simple , easy and without akward connector, like that:

KfmQbsP.jpg

Clouds:

yIcgUkL.jpg

Michel

@PPN thx for the useful post! Do you use a cut flexicone? I suppose you have a 2014 tcmv, too, since you are still using to the lid? Other users are reporting the load is getting cooked when they let it sit in the gcmv and are only connecting the basket to the WT to remove the heat when they don't take a hit. Perhaps I should wait for my new unit and see if it's a TC or a GC before buying the wrong WT and connectors. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I would stick to the plastic bottle for a week, but it is to ugly go stand besides the MV and warranty will probably take some time...

Michel,

Edwardo

the smell won't go away! you have one with a faulty pcb! send it back

Edwardo,
Reactions: Michel

Edwardo

Hope you get it sorted man. My new TC is working a treat. When I take a draw, yes, the led starts flashing again as if it is coming up to temp, but I think its normal with the latest firmware, and it doesn't seem to affect performance. Its a beast.... when it works! All things said and done, I'm glad I got a MV. There still isn't another vape available that fits my needs like the MV (around the house with the battery, at computer or bed with AC unit, and sling it in my bag for use at friends houses). The only hole it leaves is for your 'on the go' needs if you need to be stealthy.

Top Bottom