Minimum temp on SSV ?

SweetFx

Hi all,

I have a 220v SSV since a month now, I would like to know if anyone uses his SSV on minimum temp (a quarter) ?
I found after some weeks of usage that the vapor is less harsh like this. I'm getting decent hits that can make me cough sometimes.
The only thing I wonder is that most of the users here are using it at least at half position.
I really find it too strong starting half position, so is it just me, the fact that it is a 220v... or just a matter of taste maybe...

Thanks

SweetFx,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I've read the knobs aren't calibrated the same on all the units so it is up to the user to determine sweet spots.

On my SSV I start between 12pm & 1pm, I can go to about 2pm tops. I haven't tried any lower settings as I had read to start in that 12-1 range. I'm now curious to try the lower temps :) Thanks and good luck!

Lo,

max

Out to lunch
What Lo said. ;) Minimum temp can vary. Find the vapor range on your particular unit. Dial positions and even temp controllers can vary somewhat, from one to another. In general, if the unit turns on at 7-8 o'clock, many people find 12 o'clock a good setting. That's not necessarily "at half position", although it may be what you mean by it.

The only thing I wonder is that most of the users here are using it at least at half position.
Are you saying that most FC members who own an SSV are setting it at "half position" or higher? I think that's a big assumption considering some of us SSV owners don't even post our temp preferences, or haven't in a couple of years. And even if that's the case, it doesn't mean that it's wrong for them. It's just wrong for you.

As for starting at the low to medium end, I think it's a good idea. You get a lot more hits if you start low and move the temp up. How far up you want to go is your choice. High temp vapor is certainly more harsh. It also contains more sedative and pain relieving compounds, so someone could prefer low to medium temps for the vaping experience, but actually need the higher temp vapor if they're a medical user and get more relief from higher temps.

Everyone is different in their wants and needs, and you should use the temp range you're comfortable with. Coughing is more person dependent than vape/temp dependent too. My wife can cough on a hit from pretty much any vape she's used, while I don't, no matter the vape or the temp. As for 220V vs. 110V- it doesn't matter. A 220V version doesn't get hotter, it just needs a different input voltage. Once you get past the power supply to the temp control, there's no difference between a US and Euro version.

By the way, your question should have been just a post in the SSV thread, or a thread in 'Ask FC'. Thread moved.

max,
Top Bottom