• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

minimum bowl packing for different vaporizers (like arizer)

rhz

Hi, Everyone.

I have no experience with vaporizers, but I've decided to invest in one. I've done quite a bit of research, and I have almost settled on the Arizer Extreme Q. I am very much an occasional user, and I'm concerned about waste. It's my understanding that some vaporizers (e.g., easyvape) require the bowl to be fully packed in order for the device to work. I'm wondering if that's the case for the Arizer. Would anyone know? Again my concern is avoiding excessive waste.

thanks,

rhz

rhz,

Nycdeisel

first off lets not bring Easyvape or any equivalent into the mix, those are not reputable or quality units.

It all depends on what you want, different types of units are made to do different things.

Now lets move on to the EQ and other whip type vapes like the DBV/SSV. They are all pretty similar in one way, they are all aimed for producing lots of rich vapor, BUT at the sake of efficiency.

I believe with the EQ you can either pack the normal bowl or you can pack an 'elbow' where the screen is near the bent 'elbow' piece.

If your looking to get vapor out of the smallest amount of herb possible, then look into a PD/MZ/WDZ. They all have small bowl loads, no other vapes can produce vapor from such a small amount, period.
Bottom line is, if you want efficiency at its best, get one of the three I just mentioned. But if you want big hits(at the sake of efficiency) get something like the EQ, or DBV/SSV.

I used to use my DBV all the time before realizing how much I was really consuming. At the moment, im trying to conserve my stash so I use my PD.

Nycdeisel,

crawdad

floatin
this is one of the areas my vg shines, no packing needed and very little herb as well, still functions quite well. not directly helping you out i know, im sorry, just adding something to the discussion.

best to you with your new vape, congrats on going vape. :peace:

crawdad,

rhz

Hey thanks for the responses. I'm not really up on the abbreviations so what do:

PD
MZ
WDZ
DBV
SSV
VG

stand for? I presume that EQ is the arizer extreme q

Thanks again.

rhz,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I think there is an abbriviations sticky somewhere...

PD = Purple Days
MZ = Myrtle Zap
WDZ = Woodeez
DBV = Da Buddha Vape
SSV = Silver Surfer Vape
VG = Vapor Genie

E, EQ, Q, Extreme = Arizer Extreme Q

finchrock24,

Nosferatu

I dont think the Extreme would be the best choice for a light user. You probably want something with a quicker warm up time and less parts, smaller bowl(well you can do elbow pack)..

Nosferatu,

rhz

Oh, and if we're opening things up to other vaporizers, I'm also concerned about quality (non-toxic) parts and a short wait time to use the vaporizer. Would that narrow things down further?

Thanks so much.

rhz,

rhz

Nosferatu said:
I dont think the Extreme would be the best choice for a light user. You probably want something with a quicker warm up time and less parts, smaller bowl(well you can do elbow pack)..

Thanks. That's valuable input to me. What would you recommend that's well-made, safe, fast, and not extremely expensive?

rhz,

MG23

Relaxin'
rhz said:
Nosferatu said:

Thanks. That's valuable input to me. What would you recommend that's well-made, safe, fast, and not extremely expensive?

Are you interested in a portable? The MFLB would match all of your needs if that's the case.

MG23,

rhz

MattyGTwenty3 said:
rhz said:
Nosferatu said:

Are you interested in a portable? The MFLB would match all of your needs if that's the case.

While not as high a priority as my other concerns, portability is a distinct advantage. Does the MFLB have some other down side as a result of it being portable?

Thanks--I'm so impressed with how responsive everyone is to my questions!

rhz,

Nosferatu

rhz said:
MattyGTwenty3 said:
rhz said:

While not as high a priority as my other concerns, portability is a distinct advantage. Does the MFLB have some other down side as a result of it being portable?

The downside to the MFLB for me is it just doesnt always do it for me, but I'm a heavy user, not light. I would recomend the PD/MZ or Da Budhha maybe its awsome and quick and you can pack fairly small amounts or a large amount to keep coming back to for a toke.

Nosferatu,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
I think its important to mention that everyone keeps recommending log vapes (pd, wdz, mz) but this particular user is only occasional and having a vape with a 45 min warm up time might not be suitable.

You can however just leave it on so its ready whenever, so if you are cool with that then go with a log vape.

P.S. not saying the eq is toxic but the air does pass through the electronics and some don't like that.

gettin lifted,

rhz

gettin lifted said:
I think its important to mention that everyone keeps recommending log vapes (pd, wdz, mz) but this particular user is only occasional and having a vape with a 45 min warm up time might not be suitable.

You can however just leave it on so its ready whenever, so if you are cool with that then go with a log vape.

P.S. not saying the eq is toxic but the air does pass through the electronics and some don't like that.

Hi,

Thanks for making this point. From my perspective, a 45 minute wait time is a deal breaker. Leaving it on is also impractical in my case. Which of the recommended vaporizers have shorter warm up times?

Thanks again,

rhz

rhz,

MG23

Relaxin'
rhz said:
MattyGTwenty3 said:
rhz said:

Some people don't like the fact that It doesn't provide giant clouds when you exhale, but that should be considered a good thing, it means your lungs are absorbing everything possible.

Other than that the only downside of being a portable I can think of is that it requires charged batteries but that doesn't really provide any inconvenience if you invest $10-15 into a four pack of Powerex 2700's.

You should definitely check out the Launch Box man, for its price it really can't be beat. It's fast, efficient, stealthy as hell (no odor and can be hidden in your palm its so small). And one of the best features, a true LIFETIME WARRANTY!

That being said, if you plan on having more than one or two people at a time using your vaporizer it will not beat a whip style vape at that, and if you want to be as conservative as possible with your herb it won't beat a log vape at that. However, If you ever decide you want your launch box to produce as big of vapor clouds as plug in vaporizers you can invest in a power adapter to really juice it up, making it a powerful plug in vape.

I sound like such a shill but I really just love this product. I was so happy when I got mine, I want everyone to be as happy with their vaporizer purchase.

MG23,

Daha

rhz said:
Hi,

Thanks for making this point. From my perspective, a 45 minute wait time is a deal breaker. Leaving it on is also impractical in my case. Which of the recommended vaporizers have shorter warm up times?

Thanks again,

rhz
Since you basically excluded log vapes, I think the MFLB would be the suited for your needs. Warmup time is ~5-10 seconds.

Daha,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
MattyGTwenty3 said:
Some people don't like the fact that It doesn't provide giant clouds when you exhale, but that should be considered a good thing, it means your lungs are absorbing everything possible.

If I can interject a small clarification, those people simply don't know how to use the LB to get what they want. It is a trivial matter to produce giant clouds, you just let it heat longer and draw really slowly, or even not at all (see pyromon's technique).

pakalolo,

rhz

Thanks so much everyone. I'll seriously consider the launch box as my first step into the world of vaping.

Maybe the arizer would be appropriate, as was said, for larger groups. Does anyone know how long it takes for the arizer extreme q to heat up?

rhz,

rhz

BTW: Does the LB have any plastic parts which come into contact with the vapor? Do you guys feel it's safe to use? The other thing is that some have said that the battery only lasts for a few hits before it needs to be recharged. Has this been your experience?

Thanks again

rhz,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
rhz said:
BTW: Does the LB have any plastic parts which come into contact with the vapor? Do you guys feel it's safe to use? The other thing is that some have said that the battery only lasts for a few hits before it needs to be recharged. Has this been your experience?

Thanks again

The stock batteries should last you a full session each. So with you being an occasional toker, thats fine.

MFLB is one of the most trusted portables out there. Can't really go wrong with it.

Will take you a little while to get your technique down, but once you do you'll love it.

Also want to mention that the MFLB does not make a good multi person vape. Since it takes a technique to holding the battery in for the right amount of time and hitting it a certain speed. You can't expect others to follow your technique. Just my :2c:

gettin lifted,
Reactions: JSteez4205

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
rhz said:

Thanks again

The cover of the LB is Plexiglas. The draw tubes are acrylic, but many people (including me) prefer not to use one. I wouldn't hesitate to do it if I thought they improved the experience for me, but I don't feel that they do. The vapor does make contact with these plastics but is nowhere near temperatures that would release anything toxic. I certainly consider it safe to use.

Battery life is highly dependent on your technique: how long you pre-heat and how long you draw. Magic-Flight is conservative and says you will get one trench per battery. I can usually get two trenches and often more from a battery. I tend to do 3-5 second warm-ups and about 10 second hits. A trench usually lasts me at least 20 hits and often more. It is important to note that your mileage will vary.

pakalolo,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
efficiency is more in the user than in the vaporizer. i use TINY amounts (less than 0.05g) in my DBV, just about enough to cover the screen or even less, and get 10 big rips atleast (visible vapour even after holding for 10-15 seconds) :ko: :lol: :peace: :2c:

TwztedVaper,
Top Bottom