• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

milaana or mighty ?

chris 71

hey people , im wanting to get either one of these vapes in the next couple days . im hoping that any of you guys that have had exp with both could chime in ? to help make my decision .
ive owned a couple mflb my first vapes ;) and three solos , which i love . and a couple extreme q . ive used water tools with all , even bags from the q through water . these days i just like to use my solo with different stems . stock and a couple different PVHES .

from reading about the milaana , what i like is the idea that with the unregulated power , that i could possibly cash the bowl in less draws . one aspect of vaping that i would like to be more like smoking , is not having to keep huffing and puffing to get the goodies . if this thing can really just be like , press the button and take a couple big strong hits instead of all the huffing and puffing that would be a great bonus to me.

my only concern with what i have read about the milaana is the fact that epoxy is used to hold the connecting glass bowl in place . i know its been a big debate in the milaana thread , and that most have come to the conclusion that it does not get into your air path at all .
but still i have worked with epoxies and ... i dont know , the idea of having it in any device that heats up and i inhale into my lungs mulitple times a day just gives me the whillies ... if it werent for this one fact i dont think i would even be making this thread .

onto the mighty , i can get one for a reduced price from my licensed producer tweed . which is a big draw factor . although still about a hundred bucks more then the milaana upgraded package from planet vape .
the mighty is a certified medical device according to tweed which sounds great right ? and from what i read it preforms great as far as vapor . and i think from reading and watching vids it should hit much harder then my solo ?
but the thing is made outta plastic !! again similar to the epoxy thing to me something that heats up and i inhale multiple times a day , plastic is not that appealing . even if its a certified medical device .
still my choice for next vape will be one of these .

so from any of you guys that own or have tried both ? which would you recommend ?

thanks

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Pretty sure the plastic of the mighty is PTFE and the epoxy used in the milaana is medgrade/safe (if it does happen to be in the airpath at all - 99% sure it's not))

I don't have experience with the Mighty, so I won't comment but if you have questions about the Milaana, fire away.

Last edited:

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
@natural farmer just curious, but why? My love affair with the Mighty was replaced by the GH, but I do have Milaana in the back of my mind all the time.

One main point I can think of is user replaceable battery. Have seen lots of plastic issues in concerns of the Mighty on Reddit. Never used a Mighty but can certainly compare Milaana to FW4, Grasshopper and MistVape Touch.

biohacker

also biohacker why do you like the grass hopper more then mighty ? i ask because i read from others that the milaana was more liked then the grass hopper

Lotsa reasons! Stealth, user replaceable batteries, mostly convection, instant heat up, thicker more satisfying vapour and ability to milk glass much better, easier connection to glass, cheaper, lifetime warranty, are just a few of them!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I'd also pick the Milaana if I had to do it over again due to aesthetics (Mighty/Crafty look awful imo) and PURE convection.

Grasshopper is littered with issues still. I did and do still kinda want one but I really can't justify it as it seems like it'd be a huge pain in the ass. People buying two of them just to have a backup because they KNOW they're going to have to warranty it at some point is really not good at all and how people defend the product after stating this is really amazing tbh

chris 71

thanks bio , thanks muunch , ya i think im leaning towards the milaana , for some of the same reasons . well precived reasons since i havnt tried either yet lol but ya the thicker on demand vapor would be great

biohacker

People buying two of them just to have a backup because they KNOW they're going to have to warranty it at some point is really not good at all and how people defend the product after stating this is really amazing tbh

Must really be an amazing product when it does work eh? :brow: I'm the 3rd owner of both of mine (yep, awesome to have a backup, but also awesome two simply just have TWO) and no RMA's so far (6 months old). Some people have multiple RMA's, and some have none. I've also owned about 6 mighty's and 6 crafty's and never once had to RMA (probably because I didn't own them long enough! lol).

The GH is simply my favourite vape of all time....it may not be for everyone, but i've owned over 20+ vapes and this one trumps them all for me. I'm confident with their lifetime warranty. The product is going to revolutionize the industry IMO.

natural farmer

@natural farmer just curious, but why? My love affair with the Mighty was replaced by the GH, but I do have Milaana in the back of my mind all the time.

natural farmer yes please tell more , also biohacker why do you like the grass hopper more then mighty ? i ask because i read from others that the milaana was more liked then the grass hopper

Lotsa reasons! Stealth, user replaceable batteries, mostly convection, instant heat up, thicker more satisfying vapour and ability to milk glass much better, easier connection to glass, cheaper, lifetime warranty, are just a few of them!

Hehe, I think your answer about the GH fits the Milaana pretty well too I think @biohacker! :tup: No lifetime warranty as of now but lifetime warranty? Really? We are all gonna have different vapes in a couple of years possibly as things move so fast....:p And so few things to go wrong with the Mi as well if you don't drop it. And even then if you live in the states no problem. Doesnt cost much to fix. For me it's hard and I might have to sell it at some point if it breaks again and can't fix it myself. This time fixing cost me 97€! As much as it cost me to get the beta. And 10€ more for the first time shipping it to the states for warranty. Not very affordable for me. Same reason why I dont think of getting a Hopper yet although I think it performs better that the Mi! Hits harder, is more durable if dropped, no stirring/stem turning needed, stealthier, more pocketable, more practical...

I'd also pick the Milaana if I had to do it over again due to aesthetics (Mighty/Crafty look awful imo) and PURE convection.

Grasshopper is littered with issues still. I did and do still kinda want one but I really can't justify it as it seems like it'd be a huge pain in the ass. People buying two of them just to have a backup because they KNOW they're going to have to warranty it at some point is really not good at all and how people defend the product after stating this is really amazing tbh
I agree and I would add that the Mighty is plastic (who doesn't prefer sweet wood?) and off-gasses awfully in the beginning, it's huge, ugly and may I say boring? It's like an A.I. car. Full auto. Fill, set, draw... Where is the fun in driving? I was extatic when I first got the Crafty as it pumped vapor so effortlessly and vaped so evenly but soon I got sick of the non replaceable batteries, longer and longer heat-up times as battery crapped out, one trip to Germany for replacement and the constant need to finish the load fast so it doesn't get baked between hits. This huge German vape/car is a boring old BMW 316 not a Porsche... :p

EDIT: For me if you are going to use it outdoors or away from home and you live in the States or Canada get a hopper or two instead of a Mighty. If at home either a Hopper or a Milaana. If in Europe get two Hopper's! :p

Last edited:

chris 71

oh man !!! so i had decide milaana it was going to be !! i dont have the money till tommor , it was in stock earlier today at planet vape !!! and i just check now and there out of stock !!! SOB !! lol i wonder if this thread help to sell the last one lol!! damn .... anybody know were else to buy one for same price in canada !! lol

biohacker

oh man !!! so i had decide milaana it was going to be !! i dont have the money till tommor , it was in stock earlier today at planet vape !!! and i just check now and there out of stock !!! SOB !! lol i wonder if this thread help to sell the last one lol!! damn .... anybody know were else to buy one for same price in canada !! lol

PV out of stock? No way! :lol: Post a wanted ad in the classifeds? You don't wanna buy a Grasshopper from THC? $299 cdn for a stainless steel.

biohacker,
Reactions: chris 71

chris 71

PV out of stock? No way! :lol: Post a wanted ad in the classifeds? You don't wanna buy a Grasshopper from THC? $299 cdn for a stainless steel.

grasshopper hmmm... never even thought , ok now im gonna go read up on the grasshopper thread . i had herd of it , but didnt know it was available in canada , cool . is THC pretty good for delivery time and what not never knew about them till now either lol thanks

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Just some addition data... the Loctite M-121HP used in Milaana was used in a prior life of mine to adhere a Plastic bearing to a stainless turbine meter in food and beverage flow meter. The epoxy is adjacent to the air inlet (between the wood and glass rim) and is rated for 300 F with he maximum temperature seen in heavy use only getting to 160 F. This isn't your grandma's glue :)

https://instagram.com/p/BPIhNMkAbBR/

Last edited:

chris 71

i really am disappointed ....:\ i had my mind made up and was definitely going to order the milaana . but alas , it was gone by the time i went to order from planet vape !! the only place i am aware of that had them in Canada .
it seemed to be exactly what i was wanting . i just hope that my grasshopper doesnt give me the kinda probs i have been reading about in the hopper thread .

i do want , and plan to buy when i have the money . a milaana i feel confident now that the epoxy is not a concern .

Top Bottom