1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Milaana II by RastaBuddahTao

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Other Side, Jan 21, 2018.

1. GetLeft

GetLeft Well-Known Member

True! I tried a mod box with the Project but spent too much time trying to set it up. Being so used to the Mi's brainless count to 8 or so a couple of times followed by a press of a button, I gave up on the mod box. I'm looking to incorporate some concentrates into my routine so that will probably change. I'll see if I can get a set up working with an concentrate atty I'm considering. If I get it going, the Splinter will definitely become part of my rbt family of vapes.

Vapeur Rogue likes this.
  2. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

Lots of Mod help in the 510 Mod and Splinter threads. I'm a total Mod noob and got up and running in no time!

GetLeft and Vapeur Rogue like this.
  3. CheebaChiefer

CheebaChiefer Well-Known Member

You are correct sir, bought my M2 on 12/03/18 and it was in my mailbox on 12/06/18! I don't think any vendor has got the goods to me any faster.

Easy to learn, still occasionally get a bong size rip i'm not ready for. 17 days of use and its my DD.

Got a tip for the supplied basket screens. Separate the metal ring on the top of screen from the rest. Discard the metal ring. Take the remaining screen and carefully and slowly push it into the bowl part of the stem, depending on how far you push it, you can get more bowl depth and decrease stops to re-load.

dodgy_b and KeroZen like this.
  4. eideal852

eideal852 Well-Known Member

Yeah buddy. This thing is well and truly the shit. (And agreed. Shipped fast as hell.) I’m terrified of anyboroblen someday.

Ima leave that autocorrect. I like the accent.

5. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

My tip is for convection vapes like the Mi2. The depth of your packed herbs should not exceed the diameter of the bowl, otherwise you will need to stir as the herbs furthest from the heat will not vaporize evenly.

I have also found with the RBT Mi2 and Splinter Z it is a good idea to rotate the stem, otherwise you will have hot spots. The element must be funneling the air. I am guessing the hot spot is different for every RBT vape and would not even be surprised to hear of someone that does not have a hot spot.

GetLeft and Vapeur Rogue like this.
  6. GetLeft

GetLeft Well-Known Member

I find stirring never to hurt extraction with the Mi. Not necessary, and it adds a step to the process, but if you have a little stir tool and the will to do it, it's worth it.

I posted a few days ago about my standard practice of using a loosely packed 14mm stem with a top hat screen to get two full hits. Who was I kidding? A little stir after the second hit, and a few extra seconds on the button, and I was soon in a different time zone and stayed there for quite a while.

TheRobbo and Vapeur Rogue like this.
  7. Alex3oe

Alex3oe Well-Known Member

In my experience stirring is always worth it. With some vapes and/or material it's even mandatory :)

GetLeft, Mangu and Vapeur Rogue like this.
  8. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

I never meant to imply not to stir, if you over pack you will need to stir, unless you want to dispose of perfectly good material. Furthermore if you are packed too deep when you stir you will likely spill material. I frequently overpacked, just changing my ways.

GetLeft likes this.
  9. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

Wow I haven't even really glanced at this thread since the beta testing days, hope everyone is liking their Mi2 as much as I was, really is an amazing unit. A more refined Mi in the best ways.

Shit Snacks, dodgy_b, YaMon and 2 others like this.
  10. dodgy_b

dodgy_b Well-Known Member

Heyo. Kind of a battery 101 question but I only use 18650's for my Milaana II so I thought I'd ask here.

Ryan's FAQ says approved batteries are "high drain 20A continuous " so I use the brown LG HG2 3000 mah, 20A he supplies on his website.

Also have some LG HD4's hanging around the house. Like new, barely used for a mod I gave up on this Summer. They are rated at 2100 mah, 25A continuous.

How would these HD4's affect performance and/or technique compared to the HG2's? Safe to use?

GetLeft, Hogni and Vapeur Rogue like this.
  11. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

Expect hotter running device with shorter run time in the HD4's, but perfectly fine to use. :tup:

GetLeft, Vapeur Rogue and dodgy_b like this.
  12. dodgy_b

dodgy_b Well-Known Member

Shorter run time as in needing to be charged sooner?

KeroZen likes this.
  13. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

Yeah about 2/3 of the capacity you get with HG2/30Q/etc.

14. Paka-cholo

Paka-cholo Flaccid Member

Is Instagram the only place to find out when they have more in stock?

15. CheebaChiefer

CheebaChiefer Well-Known Member

I just picked mine up on the webs. I subscribe to the RBT SUB-REDDIT on Reddit, there was a post saying Walnut M2's were available in the RBT store. This was on 12/03/18 in my mailbox on 12/06/18! At the time there was a 30% off code as well so got my M2 for $167.30.

Suggest shadowing and/or subbing to that thread to catch future announcements?

Paka-cholo and KeroZen like this.
  16. Paka-cholo

Thank you very much @CheebaChiefer for the info. That’s an awesome deal. I’ll have to sign up for Reddit then or just check the website daily :\

17. eideal852

check daily yeah, but IG for sure, there wasnt sale info on site

Paka-cholo likes this.
  18. THeJokEr

THeJokEr New Member

So, I'm guessing they still make the Milanna 2 but demand is really high? I can't ever seem to find one for sale.

19. Mangu

Mangu Well-Known Member

He’s mentioned that there’s a restock coming up late this month or early February. The best bet is to follow his Instagram and check for an update daily. Also, you can sign up for email updates on the web shop.

20. THeJokEr

THeJokEr New Member

Thanks our do that.

21. Paka-cholo

If somebody becomes aware of a flash sale, or coupon code. Posting it here would be kindly appreciated. :peace:

THeJokEr likes this.
  22. eideal852

do yourself(s) a favor and get on the IG (now buddharastatao) ppl complain here about communication difficulty but honestly he's the most reachable ever, just where he is!

23. Paka-cholo

I really don’t want to sign up for IG. Thank you for the advice though.

Hogni likes this.
  24. eideal852

i dig it, i have one anyway, but recently throw-awayed all around for this type of shit (contests, discounts, weedyshit)

Paka-cholo likes this.
  25. Paka-cholo

So on reddit today I saw that people were getting on a list for the next available stock at Vgoodiez. I have no idea how to comment on reddit so I signed up on Vgoodiez. I emailed them and asked if I could be placed on the list. I got a reply from Scott there and he put me on the list. Scott I Hope I’m not causing a pain in the ass situation for you but I figured I’d let the FC familia know that there is a list. Thank you for adding me and again I hope I’m not causing problems. If I am feel free to PM me with various profanities and insults. Just please don’t talk about my momma.

P.A.M., almost there and eideal852 like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors