Mighty vs pax 3 I’m so undecided on keeping both or selling one.

Mookie0608

I originally started with my pax 3 and I still king of love it for the simple fact to me it’s much more user friendly and my system is down. I have my scoop-n-tamp tool for loading and packing.

Pax 3 cons:
Smaller more portable
When I want shorter draws it’s been more effective

Pax cons:
Smells awful
Out of the box it sucks

Mighty pros:
Better tasting vapor
Smells much less barely noticeable
Does get as dirty And easier to clean
More fuller vapor

Mighty cons:
Big
Takes bit to heat up
Can’t tske short draws
Vapor quality drops after 2 sessions
Tiny chamber
Difficult and messy to load/unloading. Dosing capsules make a different but they are so tiny and I find my self loading them up all night I could probably vape 8-10 capsules a night. I’ll be very groggy but hey I’m kind of used to it.

The thing about mighty I like is it doesn’t smell that’s probably the biggest pro I have and number 2 being the I total draw is full of flavor and long draws have very rich vapor. Rich to the point I’ll get messed up fast with some strains tasting so good I can’t stop at one draw.

My biggest con is probably it constantly needs to be re dosed and on lower tempatures it rarely turns into avb unless I’m supposed to ramp up the tempature. Keep it on 365 for day use.

I did have a firefly as well but it’s not for me. The instant heat up is nice but I can’t get it down and to be honest I think u need a minimum of a 10-12 second draw I believe they are longer slower draws and after my initial dose I find shorter draws 8 seconds or little less perfect for re dosing.

I spent air of money on all 3 and I prefer to strictly use just one. I’m funny like that.

This thread is basically just a comparison to see what others think about the 2.

Also high tempatures I’m treating pain and it’s very hard to tell but I’ll try to be as clear as possible. Seems like the high is not stronger just more intense and deeper with more of a drowsy feeling but I was told recently that’s because at those tempatures I’m getting high or more then weed and the deeper relaxation is just the position carbon monoxide. I was told I should really be staying under 392 even though sometimes the higher temps feel like the relief is more powerful and longer lasting. I been having an issue with a sore throat for the past and major earache so been taken it easy with high tempatures and not smoking joints.

Mookie0608,

ginolicious

If you are going to sell one, I would sell the Pax and I would use that money to snipe an on demand convection vape. Just my 2 cents.

I’ve never tried a mighty or a pax 3. I have tried a pax 1 and did not enjoy it at all. I felt it was difficult to use at times.

ginolicious,

Mookie0608

Yeah understand that. The biggest issue I have with the mighty is it’s not as simple and fast to load and u load as pax. I know your not supposed to but it’s also easier to travel with in pocket. The smell of the pax is a dead give away but at least it’s easier to deal with and faster to use. Was almost going to try and see if I can get some pens from cali for an easier on the go option. Now on to the part your not supposed to do. I am a better driver when I’m high or just coming off a high. I’m less nervous I’m more alert Calm and relaxed. Both have there benefits but I also just heard of a lesser known vape that supposedly is pretty good and fits a whole gram in the bowl/chamber. Think it was called Linx gaiai. There’s honestly times I wish I just tried to be patient and find a friend or family who can get me pens from Cali just so I wouldn’t need storage grinders no mess nothing just the pen and cartridges and grab it and go. We may never get them here in jersey. At least one dispensary here has nothing but bad to say about them health wise.

Mookie0608,

Mookie0608

Isn’t on demand convection the firefly 2 as an example. I’m not going to complain a lot about it but it combusts over 400 half the time and don’t you need to take long draws with them? I didn’t even realize it with the mighty that 2 8 second draws from the pax are not the same as 2 8s with mighty. I got really stoned. I may take 8 second draws with pax but to my understanding you get the bulk of that vapor in the first 3-5 seconds where mighty if you take them longer draws the vapor builds up over time. It’s amazing how a 10-12 second pull from mighty is about the same high as a 16 second pull from pax. So I’m probably still learning just wish I had a simpler option.

Mookie0608,

Vaporware

Obviously you can’t just keep the Pax, you just switched to the Mighty because of the smell from the Pax.

Pens are greatly inferior in my opinion. It’s easy to get a very strong hit, but the effects are not as good for me and the taste and vapor quality often suffer from the shitty wick systems they use.

I find them relatively harsh and just not worth using unless I’m out and I need a very discreet and simple option available if I really need to use it.

I believe that it’s safe for many people to drive while a *little* high, and a small amount may even legitimately help a lot of people to be better drivers, but I still don’t do it.

Not only is it illegal (often with pretty significant penalties), but unless someone knows how much it’s influencing them at the time and *knows* (not thinks) that they’re driving at least about as well as they could if they were both sober and free of the pain/etc. that they’re treating, I think it’s irresponsible to potentially add significant risk to the health and safety of other drivers. Car accidents kill huge numbers of people, and the worst ones are often caused by people who are not sober.

Many people who drink a lot believe they’re better at driving or doing other things drunk. They’re wrong and they kill far too many people finding out that they’re wrong.

There’s plenty of pretty cheap transportation (Uber, Lyft, etc.) out there now for times when people are not safe to drive themselves.

Vaporware,

Mookie0608

Obviously you can’t just keep the Pax, you just switched to the Mighty because of the smell from the Pax.

Pens are greatly inferior in my opinion. It’s easy to get a very strong hit, but the effects are not as good for me and the taste and vapor quality often suffer from the shitty wick systems they use.

I find them relatively harsh and just not worth using unless I’m out and I need a very discreet and simple option available if I really need to use it.

I believe that it’s safe for many people to drive while a *little* high, and a small amount may even legitimately help a lot of people to be better drivers, but I still don’t do it.

Not only is it illegal (often with pretty significant penalties), but unless someone knows how much it’s influencing them at the time and *knows* (not thinks) that they’re driving at least about as well as they could if they were both sober and free of the pain/etc. that they’re treating, I think it’s irresponsible to potentially add significant risk to the health and safety of other drivers. Car accidents kill huge numbers of people, and the worst ones are often caused by people who are not sober.

Many people who drink a lot believe they’re better at driving or doing other things drunk. They’re wrong and they kill far too many people finding out that they’re wrong.

There’s plenty of pretty cheap transportation (Uber, Lyft, etc.) out there now for times when people are not safe to drive themselves.
Yeah I agree with you on that. Luckily I only do it with cbd and not all the time. Only drove 3 times out of 3-4 months while smoking acdc.

Yeah I know I keep going back and fourth with it all. I complained about the smell of the pax, and as weird as it sounds the loading/unloading system bothers me just as much as the smell of not more. Some times it’s a cleaner taste but I found my self going right back to the pax last few nights except for tonight. Using mighty but now switching to pax I think. I barely got buzzed let alone high off a 8 second nice slow pull. Maybe I do need to really try to suck it all in on the draws. I may wind up sticking with mighty but the system I have in place for the pax I can load it up pack it fire it up in 15 seconds. Mighty is more like 2 minutes trying to load a small circle capsule up packing it down and all that without making a mess.

Mookie0608,

Vaporware

It sounds like it might be worth keeping both. Some people even find that switching vaporizers helps when they hit a wall tolerance-wise.

Vaporware,

Mookie0608

I can careless about tolerance man It means nothing to me to stop for a few days. I look at it like this I use marijuana to help medically not to get high. Do I like being high especially body buzzes yes but I still get the medical effects. Weed may turn into a pill situation for me. Pain killers don’t get me high I may feel it but I’m not high. If weed gets to the point I need to vape or smoke a lot of it to get the same effects I once did then I’ll gladly smoke or vape a lot more of it.

Mookie0608,

Vaporware

:hmm: ...okay, I was just pointing out that when people feel like they’re not getting high anymore after building a tolerance, just like trying a different strain can help, some people find that using a different vape helps to improve the experience.

You posted recently that there had been times you couldn’t manage to get the effects you were looking for, so I thought it might be useful information.

Vaporware,
Reactions: vapenerd

Mookie0608

Right I understand. I’m not sure if making since but it seems like I only get the buzz high at least the first time vaping then after that it’s just a more intense groggy drowsiness.

Mookie0608,

Vaporware

Yeah, that’s fairly normal for a lot of people. Once there’s a significant amount in your system, some effects will be more difficult (maybe impossible for some?) to achieve without taking a break, usually for hours, but a day or more for some people.

If those initial effects are important to you and you can get through a longer break without too much pain, you might try extending the time between doses a little at a time until you find a good balance. Otherwise at least you know you’re in the same boat as most people with that issue.

Vaporware,
Reactions: vapenerd

Mookie0608

Makes sense maybe the tolerance is slowly building. I love the body buzz but lately I get the head and body buzz on my first session then after that I really don’t just a heavy head bad type feeling. I think I am putting the pax back in the box for good. The losing/unloading outweighs the smell and I can’t figure out how to “sip”.

Mookie0608,
Top Bottom