microdosing and low tolerance: getting full effects on 0.005g

juneshayek

I've vaped for three years almost daily. I vape 5 mg bud per session and get full effects most times, or even overdose sometimes.

Method: take 30 second long hit, then breath in air until lungs are full, then exhale. Repeat this process until bowl is spent

It takes 7 hits on an arizer air, or 3 hits on a VapCap M until the bowl is spent. Having a precise enough scale to measure 5 mg can be a challenge..

If tolerance builds up, a 2-day break resets it completely.

I may be sensitive, but my wife can reach the same level of effect as me on 10 mg bud, which is still much less than what most people here pack. A friend of mine double my weight needs 20 mg bud using my method, still a small amount.

@lwien 's rebreathing method isn't more efficient in my own experience. As long as you fill your lungs completely with air following the hit, you get the same level of effect as rebreathing. That's my experience.

I'm still mindblown by how little weed it takes to get high, and that's my reason for posting. I'm trying to make sense of it. What are your experiences?

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
What are your experiences
Hiya, great to hear your story.

Around 0.016 is where I feel satisfactory effect. I was using 0.006 during Dr Sulak's re-sensitisation process which worked well for me.

Keeping my daily intake from 0.025 to 0.1 prevents my tolerance from building. I find a 0.025 dose optimal. This is with my weakest flower, I'm new to these dosage levels and haven't yet experimented with other stronger strains. I use an OmniVap Ti XL on the smallest bowl setting or the Milaana.

Completely agree, it's mind-blowing and liberating. I suspect these dosage levels are often overlooked because people doubt it would work for them. Thoroughly recommend the Dr Dustin Sulak re-sensitisation process to those that want to try.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I think I'd get high from the 30seconds + air hits alone :lol: is there something as too much air such as air deprivation?

If it works for you . Awesome , I'm not trying to poke fun or anything. I do have .000 scale , I like .030's myself but have never tried less much often feeling it's so little.i should though , I should . Thank you for posting it is inspirational in a way or a reminder maybe that less is sometimes more .

Maybe @Squiby could share in this , know(think) Squiby truly micro-doses in similar amounts you do.

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
I'm curious, how do you define "overdose
Hiya, for me, this might mean heightened anxiety levels bordering on panic. It could also mean being needlessly high and wasteful. I have CPTSD so need to be more careful - the correct dose significantly improves my mood, perception and interest in life, but overdoing it can be traumatic in itself. The environment can be a big factor too.

juneshayek

@Mushroomturtle and @P.A.M., those are some very interesting numbers. Thanks for your input. Those doses both of you mention are still very much on the low side compared to what I see most others vaping.

@Ramahs, overdose for me is when I have to do breathing exercises and put on calming music just to avoid a full blown panic attack. 10 mg will normally get me at that level, but 5 mg has done it too, occasionally. I don't have anxiety issues otherwise in life, but weed triggers panic attacks in high doses for me.

@Ein14Here the kind of flower where 5 mg is enough is 15 - 20 % THC. I have some old trim where I need 20 or 30 mg to feel desired effects, so I assume that must be 3 to 5 % THC. I also have some fan leaves where I need 100+ mg to feel desired effects, so I assume those must be around 1% THC.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I had no idea you could be traumatized by too much weed. Every day, and every night I will thank heavens that I don't have a traumatic reaction to my meds. With everything else that's happened , I don't think I could tolerate that. Every body is different, of course. I find my symptoms improve with a different dosage amount than those listed. The important thing is to get adequate relief, while not becoming traumatized by the treatment. I'm at the point that if it's not poisoned, and acetone and butane haven't been poured on my screens and tools, I don't get revictimized, traumatized or even upset.

Squiby

I microdose every day, several times a day. My usual load is .015 gms. Which is just a tiny nug of flower placed into my Vapcap bowl. I find the Vapcap to be astonishingly efficient with bud and this amount gets me properly high yet functional. Vaping more than I need seems to be more wasteful than anything else especially if I've allowed myself to increase my tolerance.

I enjoy vaping tiny amounts. The effects for me are superior to vaping larger amounts. Less truely is more IMHO.

Welcome to go wonderful world of microdosing!

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I microdose every day, several times a day. My usual load is .015 gms. Which is just a tiny nug of flower placed into my Vapcap bowl. I find the Vapcap to be astonishingly efficient with bud and this amount gets me properly high yet functional. Vaping more than I need seems to be more wasteful than anything else especially if I've allowed myself to increase my tolerance.

I enjoy vaping tiny amounts. The effects for me are superior to vaping larger amounts. Less truely is more IMHO.

Welcome to go wonderful world of microdosing!
I need to try this. It would sure cut down on gardening.

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
Thanks for the welcome back @Jill NYC. I became ill suddenly and was hospitalised in the ICU for a week. I'm back home now and recovering steadily, but I'm still very weak. It will take me some time to catch up on the forum. I missed you guys as well!
Wow, scary! Glad you are recovering now.

I also have found the holy grail in microdosing. I enjoy the effects so much more with a small amount. I am one that tends to have anxiety if I medicate with too much. I also believe for me, some of the strains I have with a lower % of thc (10-15%) tend to have a different terpene profile that makes the effect really pleasing and not just face-melting.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Thanks for the welcome back @Jill NYC. I became ill suddenly and was hospitalised in the ICU for a week. I'm back home now and recovering steadily, but I'm still very weak. It will take me some time to catch up on the forum. I missed you guys as well!

Oohh. Sory to hear that. But glad you are recovering :tup:

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I've been using recreationally for 40 yrs. In the early days we smoked as much as we wanted just to have fun. As the years passed and I stopped using everyday and tried to make my bud last longer, mostly because it was harder to get. My bat and dugout were my favourite go to for over a decade. The last 10 years have been vape only and its been great. Now living in a legal state with unlimited access, I've been vaping everyday in moderation and happy. well, until things went bad. I had a scare one year ago with a trip to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack then went thru THC withdrawl and have gone back to micro dosing. Now for the last few months I get physical discomfort if I vape too much. It's gotten so bad that it's taking all the enjoyment from something that used to give me so much pleasure. I'm no forced to take just one hit at a time waiting at least 15 minutes before attempting another and often quitting a just one or two. The good news is I can still get a high feeling from one hit and my weed will last me forever at this rate of consumption but I'm afraid if it progresses I'll be forced to quit all together. If not, I've achieved my ultimate micro dosing goal of one hit and done.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've been using recreationally for 40 yrs. In the early days we smoked as much as we wanted just to have fun. As the years passed and I stopped using everyday and tried to make my bud last longer, mostly because it was harder to get. My bat and dugout were my favourite go to for over a decade. The last 10 years have been vape only and its been great. Now living in a legal state with unlimited access, I've been vaping everyday in moderation and happy. well, until things went bad. I had a scare one year ago with a trip to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack then went thru THC withdrawl and have gone back to micro dosing. Now for the last few months I get physical discomfort if I vape too much. It's gotten so bad that it's taking all the enjoyment from something that used to give me so much pleasure. I'm no forced to take just one hit at a time waiting at least 15 minutes before attempting another and often quitting a just one or two. The good news is I can still get a high feeling from one hit and my weed will last me forever at this rate of consumption but I'm afraid if it progresses I'll be forced to quit all together. If not, I've achieved my ultimate micro dosing goal of one hit and done.

I've been through this and I truly wish I could add more to help because I just don't know what ticked that allowed me to get through it. What you describe is very well documented online, with people with long term experience. I'm not sure if it's due to how the stuff is being grown these days, or if it's just the vaporizers flooding the body with more cannabinoids than the body can handle, or what. I hope you are able to make some progress, might sound funny but it seems like mindfulness/meditation helped me get through that.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I'm curious how long it took you to get back on track and if you stopped using for a while. I considering taking a T-break for a month or two. The only thing stopping me is I recently purchased a Davincci miqro and the RBT splinter and I'm still in the honeymoon phase. silly , I know... physical symptoms may take priority.

VapeKnight,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm curious how long it took you to get back on track and if you stopped using for a while. I considering taking a T-break for a month or two. The only thing stopping me is I recently purchased a Davincci miqro and the RBT splinter and I'm still in the honeymoon phase. silly , I know... physical symptoms may take priority.

It seems like it took 2 or 3 months of unpleasantness, anxiety, false heart attacks, etc to get through it. I never did take a T break during that time. I was using such small amounts I thought I would never be able to enjoy again but somehow it passed.

C No Ego

Titration - cannabimimetics / omega three ETC
N-3 increases the molecular bio-available access of cannabis via providing structure to the cells https://themodern.farm/studies/Omega-3 Deficiancy Abolish Endocannabinoid Function.pdf

cannabimimetics - food stuffs in everyday diet that boosts cannabis effects
https://www.sativaisticated.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Cannabimimetic-phytochemicals-in-the-diet-–an-evolutionary-link-to-food-selection-andmetabolic-stress-adaptation-Gertsch-Medical-Cannabis-Medical-Research-for-the-Endocannabinoid-System-ECS.pdf

two others = Taming THC / Beyond cannabis plants - Russo

Vapify

Yo right there with you. Haven’t been consuming for nearly as long as you but I had a rough experience at one point and ever since then, I’ve had to be very careful and mindful of how much I’m consuming. Mild physical discomfort but a lot of anxiety, panicky type stuff. A few T breaks here and there seem to help but i think a long cleanse would really help me. Anyway, if you haven’t tried mixing in cbd with your sessions I’d give that a try. I find that it takes away the mental discomfort while still maintaining the overall bodily euphoria and whatnot. On a bad trip, ill start overthinking and get caught in thought loops and cbd really helps ease that. It might help keep ya from going downhill mentally and physically if you feel like you consumed too much.

Hope that helps!

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I've been taking cbd oil from folium bioscience for a short while now. when my heart checked out ok, it was suggested that I was suffering from panic attacks and anxiety . Its looking more like I have a pinched nerve in my spine ( MRI in two days ). I've yet to notice any differences but I usually take the cbd before going to sleep not at the same time as vaping. I'm not sure if it matters.

VapeKnight,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Vapify

I've been taking cbd oil from folium bioscience for a short while now. when my heart checked out ok, it was suggested that I was suffering from panic attacks and anxiety . Its looking more like I have a pinched nerve in my spine ( MRI in two days ). I've yet to notice any differences but I usually take the cbd before going to sleep not at the same time as vaping. I'm not sure if it matters.
Oh man well I hope everything checks out okay! I’ve been vaping cbd bud and have been really enjoying that. How it usually goes for me is, I’ll vape as much as I want and if I feel like I’ve gone past that comfort zone then I’ll load up some cbd bud and vape that for a little. The difference is like night and day for me, personally, and it clears things up pretty quickly.

Top Bottom