Micro-dosing

Planck

believes in Dog
Thanks, but I can't deal with the airflow and looking for something with a temp I can dial in. I've tried it, just not for me. Prefer more convection. Leaning toward the LSV, which I think is one of the most underrated vapes out there.

That's a shame, so many find it perfect for micro dosing but at least you tried.
I never set out to micro dose, perhaps I still don't qualify but with the DV-M I stabilized at two bowls a day. I guess that is less than 0.2, 0.12 to 0.15 likely. I don't have scales.

The ELEV8R tempts me but I worry that it may have too much airflow. :rofl:

Good luck with your quest.

biohacker

That's a shame, so many find it perfect for micro dosing but at least you tried.

It's pretty inexpensive and the only one I tried was what came with the Woodscents. I've never tried an M or any others, as i'm not very well versed with them. How IS the airflow of the M through a WT?

The ELEV8R tempts me but I worry that it may have too much airflow. :rofl:

It does! LOL You need a restrictive water tool, and not really great at micro dosing. The LSV is better IMO.

biohacker,
Reactions: Planck

Planck

believes in Dog
How IS the airflow of the M through a WT?
I've used the M with the FC-UFO, mflb orbiter and a tiny headshop dab rig. It was fine with the UFO and Orbiter, the other piece was total junk. I may like a more restricted vape than others though. The original Solo is too tight for me as a reference point.

It does! LOL You need a restrictive water tool, and not really great at micro dosing.
Good to know, thanks. I can see it not being great with micro dosing, that was another concern.

joner

Okay after over a year and a half cannabis flower free i'm entertaining the thought of purchasing a flower vape for micro dosing. What are your favourites? Ideally i'd like to vape less than 0.05g in one hit, with an absolute max of .1g from time to time. Most vapes need like .25g to operate well, and I only vape bong through water, never direct/dry with flower. I've pretty much had all the desktops, and nothing really satisfies. Am I wasting my time and should just stick to micro dabbing?

The Tinymight has my eye, but flavour is imperative to me, and I can't stand uneven heating and stirring. It's gotta be a one snap ripper like my old school bong smoking days! :D

I know it's already been said, but Dynavap with ti tip. Reduced to the half size, I loosely pack it full, ~ 0.03g. the first hit, if heated properly, can cash the bowl. I pack it loose to increase air flow (reducing draw restriction). If you want a little more draw restriction, it can be packed a little tighter. I've yet to find a vape that can microdose better!

Another that may apply to you is the E-Nano. Very similar, can successfully vape similar amounts to the Dynavap. I actually find it more efficient (extraction wise - 1 hit vs usually 2 with DV-M). It's almost always a one hit affair when microdosing I find. One full-flavoured, ramped up temperatured, full-spectrummed hit. Haha I think I need to go hit the E-Nano now....

biohacker

Haha thanks, you guys are definitely making a compelling case for the Dynavap, but still concerned about "heating it up properly" as well as airflow. Also been down the e-nano route! It is a great little vape (especially for convection dabbing!) but find the airflow less than desirable too. Airflow is a big one for me.

biohacker,

joner

Thanks, but I can't deal with the airflow and looking for something with a temp I can dial in. I've tried it, just not for me. Prefer more convection. Leaning toward the LSV, which I think is one of the most underrated vapes out there.

The LSV is a microdoser is it? Interest piqued........

So which vape do you like the airflow of?

biohacker

The LSV is a microdoser is it? Interest piqued........

Not in it's stock form, but with the arizer eq screen with an 18mm M2M adapter, absolutely!

So which vape do you like the airflow of?

Any 7th Floor vape, EVO, FP, Plenty, Crafty/Mighty with WPA... i'm just super picky, which is why I abandoned flower vapes for low temp extract dabs a while ago. It's very likely that no flower vape will make me happy! :lol:

biohacker,

joner

Not in it's stock form, but with the arizer eq screen with an 18mm M2M adapter, absolutely!

Any 7th Floor vape, EVO, FP, Plenty, Crafty/Mighty with WPA... i'm just super picky, which is why I abandoned flower vapes for low temp extract dabs a while ago. It's very likely that no flower vape will make me happy! :lol:

Ever try the Lotus? I can cash up to 0.1g (well low end just covering screen) in one nice rip through the pipe. I like the draw in the pipe but I do believe it to have a tiny bit more resistance than my Mighty. But the vapor quality is very very nice...through the WPA and a j-hook or something may free the draw up; I'm not sure, never tried!

joner

For micro dosing with good taste, what about the vapman?

I am very intrigued by the vapman. Seems like up to ~ 0.05g is about the max you can load, very conducive to microdosing......

If I could find one in Canada I would pull the trigger, just for how cool it looks!

joner,

howie105

Okay after over a year and a half cannabis flower free i'm entertaining the thought of purchasing a flower vape for micro dosing. What are your favourites? Ideally i'd like to vape less than 0.05g in one hit, with an absolute max of .1g from time to time. Most vapes need like .25g to operate well, and I only vape bong through water, never direct/dry with flower. I've pretty much had all the desktops, and nothing really satisfies. Am I wasting my time and should just stick to micro dabbing?

The Tinymight has my eye, but flavour is imperative to me, and I can't stand uneven heating and stirring. It's gotta be a one snap ripper like my old school bong smoking days! :D

I have gotten fairly good small dose results (around .04g) with the Da Buddha body paired with an LSV heater cover. The challenging part was getting the screens placements and draw rate figured out. Till that happened there was a fair amount of smokey combustion and ISO cleanings going on.

howie105,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

biohacker:

Vapcap + heater for me.

By heater you mean induction? Does that allow you to "set" the temp so you can get lower temp goodness?

I just fear the lack of airflow for vape bonging with the vapcap. It may be the worst airflow out of ALL vapes?

biohacker,

virtualpurple

By heater you mean induction? Does that allow you to "set" the temp so you can get lower temp goodness?

I just fear the lack of airflow for vape bonging with the vapcap. It may be the worst airflow out of ALL vapes?

You could use a vapcap with an airport, perhaps something like a @phattpiggie with adjustable airflow would work well for you.

I know you had some negative experiences with Ed, but where did the supreme fall in your heirarchy compared with other flower vapes you’ve used?

I have been re-exploring my V3 with the @JCat mod. When it’s properly dialed in I’m not sure that there are too many more efficient microdosers. Though I gotta admit, I hate the form factor.

when you’re vapor bonging do you seek more dense vapor or do you like it more airy?

I do gotta weigh in with the others and say that I love a vapcap when I’m shooting for smaller doses.

one more thought on my mind, if you have any particular vapes that you enjoy, but aren’t necessarily great for microdosing - you could always pick up some hemp flower mixed with your micro-dose of ganja to help fill out the oven a little bit more.

unless you’re opposed to hemp flower, seems like some folks are really enjoying it.

biohacker

I know you had some negative experiences with Ed, but where did the supreme fall in your heirarchy compared with other flower vapes you’ve used?

It's still #1... that is definitely the king of all vapes IME over the past 15 years.

When it’s properly dialed in I’m not sure that there are too many more efficient microdosers. Though I gotta admit, I hate the form factor.

I agree, but I still have some reservations about the aluminum, especially when using the stock bowls from the friction fit (filings). I actually prefer the torched downtemps, as I find them smoother just like when I do my torch dabs. The Jcat modded sv3 was the last flower vape I used before transitioning to rosin dabs over a year and a half ago.

when you’re vapor bonging do you seek more dense vapor or do you like it more airy?

I used to always prefer it dense and milky, but my lungs are super sensitive to flower vapour and perhaps i'd prefer more airy these days. I really did like the taste and vapour feel of that LSV on lower/moderate temps, so that's still in the back of my mind.

virtualpurple

I agree, but I still have some reservations about the aluminum, especially when using the stock bowls from the friction fit (filings). I actually prefer the torched downtemps, as I find them smoother just like when I do my torch dabs. The Jcat modded sv3 was the last flower vape I used before transitioning to rosin dabs over a year and a half ago.

I purchased my SV3 from @VCBud for a steal, and it came with a custom bowl that I think is ss and ends in a 18mm male joint. I did also purchase a few stems from Jcat, but I primarily used my SV3 with a 14/18 down stem with a domed basket. I stole it from @lazylathe and it definitely solved the problem of metal/metal friction.

I used to always prefer it dense and milky, but my lungs are super sensitive to flower vapour and perhaps i'd prefer more airy these days. I really did like the taste and vapour feel of that LSV on lower/moderate temps, so that's still in the back of my mind.

I believe that @DDave makes a mod for the LSV that helps to get micro dose and improved evenness. I’ve not tried the LSV myself, perhaps one day.

If you’d like to trial a vapcap with an airport I can loan one to you for awhile. I could even send you my OG omnivap so you can play around with, it could give you an idea of what you might experience with one of @phattpiggie’s stems.

biohacker

I purchased my SV3 from @VCBud for a steal, and it came with a custom bowl that I think is ss and ends in a 18mm male joint.

Yeah! http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/supreme-vaporizer-ti-wpa-adapter.21462/

I stole it from @lazylathe and it definitely solved the problem of metal/metal friction.

I played with that technique but it never really worked for me for some reason. I also found the airflow of the supreme to be less than desirable, but I have big lungs and am pickier and harder to please than probably anyone else with VAS :D

I believe that @DDave makes a mod for the LSV that helps to get micro dose and improved evenness. I’ve not tried the LSV myself, perhaps one day.

Thanks! I'll have to look into that. I've tested and tried so many different ways, with twice around the block with the LSV. I checked out my old posts and definitely fell in love with that baby, but think got excited for the Mighty or something. At this point, I think the LSV is number one on the list, it's the best bang for buck vape out there IMO, and doesn't need anything but an 18mm double male (or 14/18 depending on your joint). I remember being able to vape up a crumb of flower and get milk, so that memory kind of excites me :lol: I dunno, I think i'm just having a major round of VAS Nostalgia since it's been nearly 2 years since i've even touched flower, and 2 months since i've used any sort of cannabis period. I think my brain might be playing tricks on me! :D

If you’d like to trial a vapcap with an airport I can loan one to you for awhile. I could even send you my OG omnivap so you can play around with, it could give you an idea of what you might experience with one of @phattpiggie’s stems.

That's super kind of you bro, I really appreciate your gesture, and just shooting the shit back and forth about this stuff! I'm really only in a major pre-planning/research stage again since I want this break to go the distance, because I only really have one shot at this and never want to go through it again. I'll definitely hit you up in the new year if i'm still considering it! :nod:

Krazy

I have a portside and a mini. While i'm glad to have the mini as backup I use the original exclusively. My original runs a tad cool. I can consistently heat a good 2 seconds past the click and not combust. If you give pipes some lead time I expect he could send you one like that.

I have also found that the M works better for me than the higher end vapecaps.

Alexis

I really don't think you will ever really like or appreciate the vapcap, personally. Just not good enough, consistent enough vapor quality vs a lot of devices, especially desktops and which I know you would really expect and and not be satisfied with less..

I have had an OG Pipes induction heater for years and never use it. I get even worse quality vapir with the IH and its impossible to get it consisitent. Either wispy, or combustiin, or I got kucky. It was essential to go past the click and just a half second too far trying to get a really decent hit after several week 1 would often result in combustion.

I don't know if it's my own particular model but I also got very uneven extraction with the top of the load blackening and charring prematurely, with green on bottom. And for some reason the taste was always off.

Whereas the torch I can get pretty consistent and even extraction with better flavour and a better balance between the size and density of the hit and smoothness and flavour.

Regardless, not dissin the Vapcap, how could I, it's the world's most popular vaporizer. Loved and cherished by so many.

But @biohacker I really don't think it is for you, any model or configuration.

You would do better personally with a log vape I feel. Not that I'm suggesting that, just an illustration of my angle

But maybe, if you are going to explore this road just go with your heart which appears to be focused on the LSV for lots of reasons and you appear to know exactly what you are doing.

Alexis

I have also found that the M works better for me than the higher end vapecaps
I never tried the M in the IH, but I think I did akso hear this elsewhere. It nakes sense. The M tip takes longer to heat I hear, and also holds heat for longer which could enable bigger hits for a start but crucially with the induction heater will probably provide some cushioning against combustion and make it easier to find and a range of of acceptable and desirable vapor, without there being such a small margin between whisper hits and combustion.

joner

Just wanted to weigh in that I have been concentrating efforts on microdosing lately. Not that I've ever been a macro doser of sorts, but much more conscious of it now.

I've primarily only been vaping my flower with my Dynavap M with ti tip and also my E-Nano. Load sizes both ~ 0.025 for simplicity sakes. I hardly ever use my larger capacity vapes anymore, but I still enjoy them on special occasions, mostly weekend evenings.

I've been using liquid dosing capsules in the mighty for load sizes between 0.05-0.1 for those special occasions, and also my ghost MV1 with a half filled crucible (~0.05). I still bust out the volcano and just cover the screen in the solid valve for around 0.1, but I can titrate bags out (usually ~2-3 bags) over a couple days.

It's pretty amazing how one can lower tolerance fairly quickly by just reducing the amount that you're consuming. I went from averaging ~0.4-0.5g/day weekdays and 1 g a day weekend's to AT MOST half of each of those. I still have 4-5 sessions most days, and feel like I'm getting quite a bit out of my herb, definitely feeling lots of effects.

I've also changed up my techniques with my Dyna and my e-nano. Introducing lower temperatures, shorter draws, shorter heating (1 click vs 2 in Dyna for example).

I'm also finding that I can get higher from lower temperatures and usually ends up lasting longer.

The fact that I've been conserving my herb is a bonus, but it is not the sole purpose of this quest. I just really feel like I can get the same amount of benefit from smaller amounts of herb as compared to larger amounts, that I had previously thought was the lower limit of consumption.

I'm also finding this mentality spilling into other areas of my life. I've found myself limiting all sorts of consumption, beer, spending, eating out (restaurants), television, couch surfing, etc.

As a result of limiting consumption I've found myself becoming more productive in other aspects of life: family, work, around the house, etc.

Microdosing for the win!

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
I've also changed up my techniques with my Dyna and my e-nano. Introducing lower temperatures, shorter draws, shorter heating (1 click vs 2 in Dyna for example).

I'm also finding that I can get higher from lower temperatures and usually ends up lasting longer.

With the DV, how many draws per heat cycle would you do?

Is it kind of like instead of going for one big massive draw, you take it in multiples till the cool down click?

Also, when you say that you get higher from lower temps, is it a more energetic high or do you still get the full spectrum of effects?

joner

With the DV, how many draws per heat cycle would you do?

Is it kind of like instead of going for one big massive draw, you take it in multiples till the cool down click?

Also, when you say that you get higher from lower temps, is it a more energetic high or do you still get the full spectrum of effects?

The amount of draws I take varies based on a few factors. Whether or not I use the low temp or reg temp cap, what kind of experience I'm looking for, the strain of herb (this has the least effect with the Dynavap, but can be the most effect with other, mostly fully convection vapes in my experience), etc.

For example, if I want to power thru it quickly on the go or something, and am looking for a dense vapor, I'll get two nice cloudy draws (even on first draw) while heating it close to the base just to the second click. I'll usually take a third with leftover vapor, not usually much tho.

But if I'm chillin, I may use the low temp cap, heat close to the tip, just to the first click, and then work my way down to the base, for up to 5-6 draws, change the cap, and do the same for another hit or two with the reg cap.

And I could do anything in between at any given time. So I would have to say anywhere from 2-12 draws lol.

I usually only take one draw per heat cycle, but I often will mix a mouth pull or two in there and double inhale it like. Usually a good 10 seconds or so total.

Also, regarding the effects: I find the lower temps dole out the lifted feelings, which I typically enjoy, while the higher temps lead to stoney sleepy me which I don't really ever favor. Strain I think has larger influence on these effects I find. My stash usually contains mostly sativas.

However, I find that I feel the full spectrum of effects, minus only the stoney, sleepy parts when using the lower temps.

Have you used a Dynavap? I feel like there must be so many ways people are incorporating them into their lifestyles, very interesting.

Top Bottom