Micro-dosing

nomadicsoul34

Im sure this has been asked before but what are the favoured vapes on here for micro dosing?
Personally im a Dynavap fan but i understand the Vapman , MFLB and almost any log are pretty decent too. How do you guys feel they measure up? Any others that people recommend?

biohacker

I think you can micro dose in alot of different vapes, some may need a mod or tweak, but overall there is usually a way. What vapes are you interested in? I have a pretty vast experience of alot of them over the years, although never even considered micro dosing until my health went downhill from side effects.

The reason i'm not a dynavap fan is due to lack of precision temperature control. I understand the click thing, and i've used them before, but for me it's not all about just going straight to the top temp, but perhaps I am wrong, it just seems to technique driven and prone to overvaping. This is why I adore my supreme so much, in that it's a torch vape but has digital precision.

I've successfully micro dosed in a crafty/mighty with the pad or screen on top of load, and they have capsules as well that assist micros.

Logs forsure...

howie105

So help me out here, I can measure weights down to around the .05g range with my current scale but after that the cheap electronic unit is a bit wonky. Could you please suggest a better unit that works in those sub .05g and smaller micro load ranges. Thanks

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
Im sure this has been asked before but what are the favoured vapes on here for micro dosing?
Personally im a Dynavap fan but i understand the Vapman , MFLB and almost any log are pretty decent too. How do you guys feel they measure up? Any others that people recommend?
I think just about anything is fine. I usually fill about 1/3 of a 20" Volcano bag. Doesn't matter how much medicine is in the filling chamber if you only use a small part of it.

So help me out here, I can measure weights down to around the .05g range with my current scale but after that the cheap electronic unit is a bit wonky. Could you please suggest a better unit that works in those sub .05g and smaller micro load ranges. Thanks

Put something small that weighs maybe 100 g on the scale, then tare (zero out) the scale.

nomadicsoul34

Rather than waste money on a new scale you could just divide that .05g into 2 , 3 or 4 parts visually after grinding using a a card . I dont think it will really matter if one does is a little higher or lower than another as we are not talking dangerous drugs here. It wouldn't bother me one bit if a dose was 0.013 or 0.017 the difference for me is negligible and just a guide.

howie105

Put something small that weighs maybe 100 g on the scale, then tare (zero out) the scale.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already have that going on and the results are still inconstant. I hoping to find a scale that will function close to my reloading scales do but not run into the same money because I am a klutz and break stuff (often) and I am that cheap.

howie105

I think you are wanting to have your cake and eat it too. If you want an an accurate scale, pony up my friend!

You caught me, not only am I cheap I am also trying to find out what other folks are using scale wise so I won't have to spend hours looking at scales on the web. I have to admit to being a cheap and lazy stoner.

Amazon had a 0.001 g scale for like $19. I had it in my basket but never bought it. Got an email that model was no longer available --so similar 0.001 was maybe $25 now???

Thanks Guy. I am on my way over.

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?

I found these two previous posts with pictures helpful to give a general idea. Maybe you will also.

Here you go. The first image shows me weighing out 0.10 gm
T1csSib.jpg

and this image shows how it looks after being ground up and spread out next to a penny.
y5raJUV.jpg

Absolutely! This was measured on a .001g capable scale, so it's as accurate at .01g as can be with a $20 scale. The teaspoon didn't work, too much reflection. This should give a good basis for comparison.

Herbs spread out....
gcnj7yz.jpg

With Herbs pushed closer together...
kezof6g.jpg

Comparing the coins to the micro-pile of herbs, I'd best guess the pile is closest to size of Lincoln's head on a recently minted penny.

Now cut that in half, and that's my goto weekday daytime dose.... :rockon: (.01g is the stuff weekend days are made of!)

I am very much a light weight , im a once or twice a week kinda guy and did hae a tolerance break of um ...15 - 20 years . The days of blazing through a gram a night are well gone for me.

.01 -.025 is enough to ease me into a little high / relaxed mood and help me sleep easily that night
You are the poster boy for the philosophy of microdosing to effect.

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
Little Bill,
Reactions: biohacker

Squiby

On the topic of microdosing, do you guys who use 0.2g or less per session, notice any lasting energy loss after the buzz wears off? Also, have you taken a break for more than a week?
No. I microdose about 0.015 grams every three hours or so throughout the day. I like sativas that continue to energize me after the high has worn off. I need that extra energy to stay productive. I avoid strains that make me crash on come down. When I have a crashing strain, I make topicals from it.

I end up in the hospital for a week every 4-6 weeks, so I take a forced break fairly often.

I loved my Vapman till I discovered the Vapcap. The Vapman is a bit harsher, the air intake holes are hard to regulate. It's harder to clean. It's not as portable. You must only use a single jet lighter, and temperature regulation is more difficult. So, I don't use my Vapman anymore.

For me, it's Vapcap all the way.

The reason i'm not a dynavap fan is due to lack of precision temperature control. I understand the click thing, and i've used them before, but for me it's not all about just going straight to the top temp
I generally vape at the lower temps with my Vapcap during the day. I prefer the high achieved from low temps and the flavor retention. I find it easy to regulate the temps by where I heat my cap and the length and number of flames I use. Higher temps are reserved for evening indicas when a stonier more sedative effect is welcome.

biohacker

Does vaping increase that amount of cannabinoids that enter the blood stream compared to combusting ? Ie mg of THC from an equal weight .

IMO and experience, absolutely! It's also so much easier and comfortable, which can cause issues like i'm experiencing presently from overuse. With combustion, I would have never been able to handle 2g/day long term. Less is more with cannabis, which is why micro dosing is so effective, if your tolerance is a the right level. But everyone is different, even with virgin tolerance, someone may not be able to use micros for effective relief.

C No Ego

Does vaping increase that amount of cannabinoids that enter the blood stream compared to combusting ? Ie mg of THC from an equal weight . Is that why micro dosing is so effective.

generally it has to do with up regulation or down regulation of the cannabinoid receptors... adding a tiny dose can show effects in the endocannabinoid system ( ECS) better from a base line standpoint of the individual... adding huge amounts of exogenous cannabinoids dis regulates or takes over the system making it harder to achieve base line adjustments... we all make endocannabinoids at different amounts depending on our biology and micro dosing is individually understood through each individual

tell that to the Rastas Huh.. micro dose would a a 1/2 lb joint instead of a whole lb joint LOL...

oh junk, I did not even answer your question...
Yes, vaporizing is about 80% more efficient @ extracting cannabinoids from the same amount of cannabis than smoking would be from that same amount... there is so much waste with smoke and the delivery method of fire is questionable as well as it's just to damn hot killing most of the available active molecules and deforming them into other structures unfamiliar in the endocannabinoid system... only the area directly ahead of the flaming cinder where the air flow goes over will cleanly release the bio actives for your relief and this is actually a form of vaporizing as that heated cinder serves to heat release those actives albeit in a dirty fashion with smoke involved...

results are...

smoking.... is 25 to 35% efficient at cannabinoid release while many of those compounds that do release will be carcinogenic mutations and not medicine

vaping.... depending on vaporizer model can reach 95% efficiency of cannabinoid release with most of those molecules being recognizable to our ECS as they are not severely heat malformed or soot soaked etc....

eating... that is the most efficient delivery as all compounds are absorbed but your digestion can counter some of that efficiency...

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

The reason i'm not a dynavap fan is due to lack of precision temperature control. I understand the click thing, and i've used them before, but for me it's not all about just going straight to the top temp, but perhaps I am wrong, it just seems to technique driven and prone to overvaping. This is why I adore my supreme so much, in that it's a torch vape but has digital precision.

I've successfully micro dosed in a crafty/mighty with the pad or screen on top of load, and they have capsules as well that assist micros.
The Vapcap isn't just about going straight to the top temp. With the right lighter and/or flame size setting you can surf low temps all you want with a VC. For that you'd want either a single flame or a twin flame torch set on low, wait a few moments between cycles so it cools, and that's it. Once you get the feel for using the VC, you can choose to vape at only low temps or only high temps, or both like I do.
IMO the most technique driven vapes are the Sticky Bricks. They are some of the most advanced level vapes on the market. You get rewarded with incredible vapor when you use them correctly, and you combust or get zero vapor when you don't use them correctly, and there's little margin for error with the Junior. That's the one I would overvape on due to the razor thin line between using it correctly and totally fucking up, so I wound up going through alot of herb chasing the desired result. The Vapcap however is nearly foolproof, I've never combusted, I've never overvaped with it. 30 milligrams of herb goes a long way in it. People in the VC thread talk about "where on the cap you should apply the flame" but I have no personal guideline for that, and can't tell a difference. I heat high on the cap, low on the cap, it doesn't matter because it's enjoyable every way.

E-Nano. Extremely efficient home vape

Last edited:

nomadicsoul34

generally it has to do with up regulation or down regulation of the cannabinoid receptors... adding a tiny dose can show effects in the endocannabinoid system ( ECS) better from a base line standpoint of the individual... adding huge amounts of exogenous cannabinoids dis regulates or takes over the system making it harder to achieve base line adjustments... we all make endocannabinoids at different amounts depending on our biology and micro dosing is individually understood through each individual

tell that to the Rastas Huh.. micro dose would a a 1/2 lb joint instead of a whole lb joint LOL...

oh junk, I did not even answer your question...
Yes, vaporizing is about 80% more efficient @ extracting cannabinoids from the same amount of cannabis than smoking would be from that same amount... there is so much waste with smoke and the delivery method of fire is questionable as well as it's just to damn hot killing most of the available active molecules and deforming them into other structures unfamiliar in the endocannabinoid system... only the area directly ahead of the flaming cinder where the air flow goes over will cleanly release the bio actives for your relief and this is actually a form of vaporizing as that heated cinder serves to heat release those actives albeit in a dirty fashion with smoke involved...

results are...

smoking.... is 25 to 35% efficient at cannabinoid release while many of those compounds that do release will be carcinogenic mutations and not medicine

vaping.... depending on vaporizer model can reach 95% efficiency of cannabinoid release with most of those molecules being recognizable to our ECS as they are not severely heat malformed or soot soaked etc....

eating... that is the most efficient delivery as all compounds are absorbed but your digestion can counter some of that efficiency...

Thanks so much for that explanation. It was fasinating especially your description of how vaporization (of sorts ) occours in a spliff.

nomadicsoul34

Ive been hoping my M would arrive before the weekend as sadly ill be working all weekend and wont have a chance to use it. I can see via tracking that its just been sat in London for 3 days . Useless British customs/post ! Very frustrating as i wanna play with my new toy !!

nomadicsoul34

I'll see your Royal Mail and raise you Correos de España :rant:

Oh you're right they are far worse! We have a place there and i usually get my medication* sent over from Denmark or Czech republic...i can track it all the way to spain then it just disappears for days or weeks.

nomadicsoul34,
Reactions: Ricardo
Top Bottom