1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Micro-dosing

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by stressed, Nov 20, 2015.

1. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

.......................................................................................
    Hmmm, only $1274 for the .0001 scale..... so in about 300 years I'd make up that price by super accurate dosing :)

These .001 scales for under $20 are super cheap, compared to recent history.

I now record each session on my ABV bottle so will know better my average dose when I weigh/calculate for grins. Currently have a small glass spice jar, like what cinnamon might come in--some are labeled 1.6 oz to 2.7 oz. It's maybe 1/8 full from probably 50+ loads and each load was usually done over two sessions and sometimes 3 sessions.

kellya86 and DDave like this.
  2. waxdab23

waxdab23 Well-Known Member

That's the one I have. Works like a charm.

[​IMG]

stressed, djchexxx and Squiby like this.
  3. Silat

Silat When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.

What is the smallest load that will register?

4. waxdab23

0.001g

5. Silat

Notice that the weight storage is on the opposite side.

6. Silat

7. waxdab23

I just tried however and was not able to successfully get it to register 0.001g. The lowest I got was 0.004g shown below, just specks of herb.

[​IMG]

8. EverythingsHazy

EverythingsHazy Well-Known Member

I also recommend for the AWS Gemini-20 0.001g scale. It's super accurate, comes with callibration weights, and has a windshield which is great for milligram measurements.

Do keep in mind, however, that most scales we are using, are most accurate (in single digit increments) to one decimal place BEFORE the last one they read. So if your scale reads down to 0.001g, then you can probably trust it's 0.01g increments, and then have a little more room for error in the 0.001 range. A scale that reads down that small needs a good weighing environment, too. No electronics and a vibration reducing, level surface, as well as a moderate room temperature, and time for the scale to have adjusted to the room temperature, are all needed for the most accurate reading. Otherwise, you might get fluctuation in the last decimal place.
    Same here. Try not using the TARE function. Just put the little metal dish on there, mark down what it weighs, and then add a crumb. You might be able to get it to go up by 0.001-0.002g. I'm not sure if that is actually helps, though. Like say you wanted 0.020g..Can you accurately weigh out 0.020g by putting the 10g weight on the scale, and then a few crumbs next to or on top of it, or would the measurement still be +/- ~0.005g?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    friedrich, MinnBobber and waxdab23 like this.
  9. Silat

That is close enough for me.. If I were weighing out precious gems, metals or powder then it would not be good enough and I would pay the $1000+ to get one that was better for that job.

I ordered one.

10. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I bought this one after getting cheaper ones and not being satisfied with them. I bought a .001 gram precision scale (precision is NOT the same as accuracy...right?) under the thought that if it goes to .001 then it will be pretty spot on for .01. I don't believe it for three decimal places, but having that level of precision makes me comfortable that I'm good at the tens of milligram level.

I'm very happy with this scale. Hope this is helpful.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011J88S8M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    Joaon and Silat like this.
  11. armani

armani Well-Known Member

All of the Amazon links has bad reviews... How accurate are the reviews?

12. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

Joaon, armani and Baron23 like this.
  13. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

For scales try Old Will Knott Scales. These folks specialize in scales so they know their shit. They have great service and will consult with you over the phone.

http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/

[​IMG]

14. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

Could someone maybe please post photos of these small loads, for those of us without precision scales? Just how much ground herb is 0.05g, 0.1? Maybe pictures next to an everyday object like, uh, a doorkey, something like that? ... If anyone could be bothered, I'd be interested to see them.

15. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

This is what my regular microdose looks like. It's approx 0.015 gms. It is unground. I never grind. Just a tiny nug pulled off a flower. It has been kept at 60% rh.

[​IMG]

16. Vapinmofo

Vapinmofo Well-Known Member

I have the AMERICAN WEIGH version There is a "PRO" version too.
    It is very sensitive.
    works great.

Try weighing your herbs before and after...
    notice the loss in weight?

No doubt the VAPCAP is the KING of Microdosing.

For me... about 100mg of top shelf top flavor top grade herbs work really well on me.

Vapinmofo

Squiby likes this.
  17. rozroz

rozroz Well-Known Member

nice micro dosing!
    i guess the herb strength is a big factor. i think i put about 0.1,
    but i disintegrate it a bit before so cannot tell.
    btw how many hits does it hold till "dead" when using the vapcap?

with a session vape i can use it around 3 "micro" (3-4 soft hits each) sessions.
    first at around 350F, afterwards i crumble and can do another same temp session,
    and last usage after re-crumble at higher temp.
    and then i keep the "almost AVB" if i need higher temps occasionally.
    now that i move to convection i wonder if i could even squeeze a bit more usage ;)

kellya86 and Squiby like this.
  18. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

The Vapcap is very very efficient with your herb. I don't grind or stir or crumble in preparation or through the session.

I tear a tiny nug off a flower and pop it into the bowl and place the cap on it. I go through 3 heating cycles starting near the bottom of the cap, moving closer to the tip with each cycle. I take 2-3 tokes per cycle. I'm always done after the third cycle. So around 9 tokes per load.

19. kellya86

kellya86 Herb gardener...

I'd like to get some hemp fibre to reduce the oven size of my vapcap.... But I can't get it...

So iv been using my evo avb to 'water down' My fresh herb...
    So instead of 0.05 of fresh...
    I use 0.01 fresh to 0.04 avb....
    Surprisingly it doesn't really seem to affect taste too much....

I'm not sure if this counts as a micro dose...
    But it's definatly cut my consumption and tolerance right down...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    ShovelHead, howie105 and jimfish4130 like this.
  20. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

Baron23 likes this.
  21. kellya86

kellya86 Herb gardener...

Yeah I will get some when I next order something more, to justify the shipping and customs...

It's just I'm not due an order for a while....

MinnBobber likes this.
  22. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

hehehe.... @Squiby, that little crumb has me wanting to send you a gram or two, gal! That little nug looks so lonely. LOL

Just having a bit of fun with you, Squibs! ;) While such small doses through the day don't quite work for my pain and insomnia issues, this thread has been very valuable to me by making me much more aware of tolerances and trying keep mine reasonable. I'm trying to stick with 100 milligrams per night time session but I have sometimes go up to .15-.2 grams. But, I am trying to stick with .1 g.

We are many and varied but there is still much we can learn from each other.:clap:

23. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

Well, thank you, thank very much! A gram or two would be appreciated and I accept your offer! LOL!

I truly am a lightweight, always have been. If I am in pain or want to knock myself out for lack of sleep I will vape more. But for day to day and throughout the day, that tiny nug does me just fine.

MinnBobber likes this.
  24. archangelz001

archangelz001 FIRE!!

I have posted this twice in this thread.:brow: Go back to page 11 to see: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/micro-dosing.19915/page-11#post-1021597

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    FabulatorPoeta and Ricardo like this.
  25. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

I think 0.005 is very doable in the #stickybrickjunior, squiby's nemesis. I've been putting 0.02 in there and milking it more than i imagined possible. Trying to pack a 2-hitter and winding up with twice as many hits (not pushing the temp too hard but pushing it enough to get some clouds). So perhaps an 0.005 load will actually get me 1-2 hits.
    It requires advanced technique, but when used correctly this vape is ridiculously efficient.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors