Micro-dosing

Baron23

So, while aware of the weight of my loads in various vaporizers and being generally aware of how much cannabis I consume in a day on average, I have to say that the weight of herb that I consume is NOT the metric by which I evaluate my consumption or tolerance.

I look for the effect and, in addition to needing more when brain receptors have thrown in the towel, there is also a subjective difference in the nature of the effects in my experience. I look to keep my tolerance down so as to get those good effects like i did when I was younger (I'm 64 now, started with weed at age 14...now I'm a medical user).

One .04-.05 Vapcap load will most often do me...but its the effect that I am after that guides me, not the weight.

I will be taking a short 4 day T-break as I will be on travel and will not be able to bring medications nor implements. When I get back, I'm going to see if I can get the effect I need with even less herb than now. If so, I'll stick with that amount it until it fails me.

I like small loads, I like not spending more than I have to on cannabis, I like flavorful draws....but in the final analysis all I really care about is achieving the needed effect.

Cheers

ronads

I'm aiming to try microdosing this week. Have set 2g into 5 piles of 0.4g earlier for me and my oh per day to share to go in the 14mm ddave eq.

My reasoning is that watching my friends smoke through 4g in a night, I think well I'm being wasteful too! Since I quit smoking vaping has become my primary means of daily consumption and getting the cost down to a few $ a day is amazing to me for this high.

Today with 0.4, have used about 0.3g between me and my bf, well, halfway through a 0.1g bowl and omg, amazed is the word for it. If I can make this last till friday I'll be impressed. (I won't be surprised either this is awesome. Instead of one big bag I have 4 smaller ones and it feels nice haha!)

It's actually a better high, seeing as i'm getting every last chemical out (temp stepping 160c, 170c, 190c, 210c. :love:)

EDIT - I am totally in awe of how high I am off so little, on low temps it has got trippy I am loving it

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Well done @ronads, I do love a chart....

I started my own mission to clamp down on my consumption with my new evo...

So last night I only had 2 elb's, less than half full.... and I was absolutely fine, still very high and slept like a baby as usual....

I didn't weigh my elb's last night, but would estimate at 0.05 each. So 0.1 last night. From about a gram a night for the last few weeks.... not a bad first step....

ronads

Well done @ronads, I do love a chart....

I started my own mission to clamp down on my consumption with my new evo...

So last night I only had 2 elb's, less than half full.... and I was absolutely fine, still very high and slept like a baby as usual....

I didn't weigh my elb's last night, but would estimate at 0.05 each. So 0.1 last night. From about a gram a night for the last few weeks.... not a bad first step....

Incredible kellya! It's like rubbing a genies lamp, and asking for unlimited cheap weed haha :rockon:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
The Vapcap has helped me fully appreciate micro dosing. The bowl holds 0.05g so I've been using it as my standard. I suck the Ti tip full and blow it out on top a piece of paper then divide it in two. The VC will handle half loads as does my HGL.
If someone had told me years ago I would be happily hitting 0.025g I would have told them to jog on.
I've said it before, this is the only time I actually have a stockpile of different strains.
3.5g a day with a couple of smears of BHO for good measure when I smoked.
I couldn't ever imagine going back to that kind of amount.

Edit. I totally forgot the fact that I can do low temp. hits and get a nice pick me up buzz during the day and then use the same green and turn the power up for those heavy hits.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Microdosing with my eq was easy, 0.03 in a basket, twice a night, would do me....
I know that's no where near the levels of dosing going on here, but still, good for a man with unlimited flowers....

Now I have an evo, consumption has soared... I haven't been counting weight, but 3 or 4 elb's a night is common, mainly 2 though.... but the load is larger...

Maybe it's just because it's all new, maybe when the evo novelty wears off, I will calm down...

Does anyone else struggle to keep to a low dose when they have a new toy to play with..... vas is the microdose enemy...
I tried to reduce my dosage according to advice from one of the members here on this forum?
Almost put me in the ER! @lwien is lucky to need so little?

People were claiming 1 gram a month dosing?
WTF I need 1 gram a day!
exiL8yZ.jpg

I'm low on CANNABIS!
PAMAMA BOAT (very strong indica) it's, "DA Kine"!

DA Kine I have.
When I smoked joints 1oz every 5 days was considered light?
VAPORIZING = CIVILIZED ALREADY?

We all have different needs?
I'm medical while some are recreational?
Some are just plain ignorant? (we all have a different need)?

Last edited:

Vaked420

I tried to reduce my dosage according to advice from one of the members here on this forum?
Almost put me in the ER! @lwien is lucky to need so little?

People were claiming 1 gram a month dosing?
WTF I need 1 gram a day!
exiL8yZ.jpg

I'm low on CANNABIS!
PAMAMA BOAT (very strong indica) it's, "DA Kine"!

DA Kine I have.
When I smoked joints 1oz every 5 days was considered light?
VAPORIZING = CIVILIZED ALREADY?

We all have different needs?
I'm medical while some are recreational?
Some are just plain ignorant? (we all have a different need)?

I think what it might be is that, I consider myself a medical user also mostly for mild depression and a lot of other small things, but when I want to decrease my daily intake I either have to a. Suffer the consequences or b. Extremely slowly decrease my consumption to the point where I don't even notice. But usually I do some combination of the two. Like I was at .005-.01 gram bowls in my flight box, but I started dabbing and took my tolerance "waaaaaay up" to needing more like .03-.05 gram bowls. And now that I'm trying to work my way down I'm finding it way tougher than working my way up haha. So maybe since your medical conditions sound worse you may just need to take more time. It's funny how when using .01 gram bowls equally as frequently when my tolerance was low I would get similar strength effects with essentially different effects. With smaller doses I definitely notice the effects are more mental vs higher doses with a tolerance effects me more physically so it may be that if you mainly have physical things you are treating, you may just need more to attain the physical effects you need.

How big are you bowl sizes usually and how often do you vape that?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I think what it might be is that, I consider myself a medical user also mostly for mild depression and a lot of other small things, but when I want to decrease my daily intake I either have to a. Suffer the consequences or b. Extremely slowly decrease my consumption to the point where I don't even notice. But usually I do some combination of the two. Like I was at .005-.01 gram bowls in my flight box, but I started dabbing and took my tolerance "waaaaaay up" to needing more like .03-.05 gram bowls. And now that I'm trying to work my way down I'm finding it way tougher than working my way up haha. So maybe since your medical conditions sound worse you may just need to take more time. It's funny how when using .01 gram bowls equally as frequently when my tolerance was low I would get similar strength effects with essentially different effects. With smaller doses I definitely notice the effects are more mental vs higher doses with a tolerance effects me more physically so it may be that if you mainly have physical things you are treating, you may just need more to attain the physical effects you need.

1 gram per day flowers + 0.25 grams SHATTER = keeps me civilized
My cerebellum is shrinking = SCA (ATAXIA)
I feel fine at this level.
If I try to reduce this dosage I freak out and have a melt down.
Were all different!

Most of the guy's I grew up with carry a 1/4# of COLAS with them.

I'm a light weight compared to most?

CANNABIS is the most natural medicine known to HOMO SAPIENS

I will leave your thread, sorry were from a different planet!

I was able to eliminate so many poisonous drug's?

Maybe being a health nut has fixed my experience?

olivianewtonjohn

1 gram per day flowers + 0.25 grams SHATTER = keeps me civilized
My cerebellum is shrinking = SCA (ATAXIA)
I feel fine at this level.
If I try to reduce this dosage I freak out and have a melt down.
Were all different!

Most of the guy's I grew up with carry a 1/4# of COLAS with them.

I'm a light weight compared to most?

CANNABIS is the most natural medicine known to HOMO SAPIENS

I will leave your thread, sorry were from a different planet!

I was able to eliminate so many poisonous drug's?

Maybe being a health nut has fixed my experience?

Dude you have a need for it! If it helps you then whatever level you use is fine IMO. Im no doctor, I believe there are certain cases where whatever amount needed for positive effect=the right amount.

Id guess that many in this thread are like me, enjoying the experience of decreasing amounts just to see how low you can go. Its kind of fun to barely put anything in and get a buzz then look at the bowl load in amazement. As of late I just vape whatever I want which isnt too much just because my tolerance is way low (I cant vape as frequently as before). But when I vape I dont hold back, maybe 3 enano bowls. I get text messages from my dispensary for $20 "top shelf" 1/8ths, there was a coupon for $15 top shelf 8th my buddy used. Prices are so low for the quality in Denver (im sure top shelf cali mj beats it but the average here is pretty good and very cheap).

ronads

My experience with microdosing this week has been excellent, and I will continue to use less mon-thurs. I have been doing bongs on the larger bowl last night and today, it's almost like being a n00b again, except I haven't actually taken a t-break. Change in dose can make a nice difference for weekends.

I have been using micro dose puffs before work, and it WORKS for my anxiety. Better than big doses, better than anti depressants. Combined with nature/excersice, 10/10

Living this way for me has been cheaper, easier and more enjoyable. it has made me feel naturally HAPPY!

hinglemccringleberry

Does anyone ever recycle their hits with a balloon? I haven't done it in forever and haven't tried it with vapor yet but I was thinking of doing it again to save even more weed.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
You know, I HAD a nice Micro-Dosing routine going. Emphasis on the word 'had'!
Daytime: .005g (either one of two daytime strains, Super Jack or Cookies) (bought 1/8 of each and at .005g per dose, maybe 2-3 doses per day, that 1/8 gonna last a while)
Nighttime: .035g (one of two possible strains, Platinum Herojuana or Crown OG) (same, 1/8 of each, but one dose per evening)
Weekends: Most often double the above doses. A bit more recreational. (Note: able to switch back to weekday doses without feeling like something missing).

Then comes along the Dynavap VapCap.

* My Daytime dose is too high now for the effects I seek. Now I have to rediscover my perfect dose, saving the herb!!!
* Nighttime dose might be too high. Or at least more than I need to get to sleep. Going to have to rediscover this too. Probably saving the herb here too!

Thanks @VapCap ! :rockon:

That is a sincere thank you! Now will be using even less herb and still get the desired effects!

weekend_rocks-2818.gif

Last edited:

herbivore21

Daytime: .005g (either one of two daytime strains, Super Jack or Cookies) (bought 1/8 of each and at .005g per dose, maybe 2-3 doses per day, that 1/8 gonna last a while)
Nighttime: .035g (one of two possible strains, Platinum Herojuana or Crown OG) (same, 1/8 of each, but one does per evening)
Weekends: Most often double the above doses. A bit more recreational. (Note: able to switch back to weekday doses without feeling like something missing).

* My Daytime dose is too high now for the effects I seek. Now I have to rediscover my perfect dose, saving the herb!!!
* Nighttime dose might be too high. Or at least more than I need to get to sleep. Going to have to rediscover this too. Probably saving the herb here too!

That is a sincere thank you! Now will be using even less herb and still get the desired effects!

weekend_rocks-2818.gif
Man the vapcap is so good for conserving your material! I stuff a little bit of full melt in my vapcap in the morning and toke on it all day. Often, that's my whole day's medication in one load! :D

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Nighttime: .035g (one of two possible strains, Platinum Herojuana or Crown OG) (same, 1/8 of each, but one dose per evening)

weekend_rocks-2818.gif

I look forward to seeing what you level out at, once the novelty wears off a bit....

Vaked420

Playing around with my new vapocane and my micro-use is wrecked, lol.

Yuuuuuup. Borrowed my friends volcano a couple weeks ago and was doing bags through a bubbler. It was hard to level out my micro dosing out after that haha. The volcano is amazing for revaping AVB tho. Im in a financial pinch and all my light to medium brown AVB came massively in handy as it worked amazing with the volcanos ability to milk out any cannabinoids right to a specific temperature haha. Definitely a nice tool when used properly lol

Vaked420,
Reactions: duckTape

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I have managed to go from 1-1.5g per day to .2-.3 per day inside a week by just using my VapCap & really reducing my dose size dramatically. I feel a lot better for it & it is now 9.05pm but I may have vaped .08g being generous. What the fuck is happening & how can I be so toasted from so relatively little?

That said I don't trust myself to break out the UD & NonG's as I compulsively dose with them much like I would smoke. I am sure in a short time I will be able to enjoy just one NonG at a time. Looks like I have some reading to do in this thread.

Last edited:

Vaked420

I have managed to go from 1-1.5g per day to .2-.3 per day inside a week by just using my VapCap & really reducing my dose size dramatically. I feel a lot better for it & it is now 9.05pm but I may have vaped .08g being generous. What the fuck is happening & how can I be so toasted from so relatively little?

That said I don't trust myself to break out the UD & NonG's as I compulsively dose with them much like I would smoke. I am sure in a short time I will be able to enjoy just one NonG at a time. Looks like I have some reading to do in this thread.

I feel very much the same. I have to put certain methods away or else I just don't have the self control to microdose haha. My UD was like that, volcano is like that and dabs can be worst of all haha

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've been away from this website for far too long, still praying at the altar of Volcano Classic. I am completely unaware of all this VapCap talk but it sounds so interesting, I clearly have a ton of catching up to do... so I'll set the dial to 8. :)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

I have SCA (ATAXIA) type 6?

I don't measure any more.

I go by consumption per day!

1 gram COLA FLOWERS per day.
Sometimes I just have nugget's when I'm low.
SHATTER normally .25 daily.

With my new MOD I have a new mix which helped me to reduce my SHATTER in take.

FORMULA I USE:
EJUICE = FLAVOR you like? 30ml (0 nicotine)
SHATTER = what you like? 1 gram

I heat the liquid in a 4 oz cup of water 107F
The bottle holds 5 grms + or - (this is submerged however no H2O)
Steep for a couple of days.
Fill a TANK 1/2 full.
Right now I'm at 25watts on a PICO MEGA 80W through water path.

Now I did reduce my SHATTER consumption.
COLAS taste amazing so I won't reduce this part of my medication.

I have some other concentrate devices I use as well however it's fun to goof-off!

Do what works?

"There is not a right or wrong way just a way"!
DxIJlHI.jpg

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

it takes @ 0.15 to fill my oven with fine grind/tight pack. Fine grind is all i do. I'm making 1 load last around 2 days, or 0.075/day. Thats 2 sessions / day @ 0.025 - 0.05 per sesh depending on circumstances.
Anyway I'm @ 2.2G/month.. give or take of course. Then figure in my occasional AVB blends and the number goes down to maybe 1.8G/m.
Back in the mid 2000's i only burned 1 hit a day and that went on for years. Tolerance has gone up since then. Went from 0.6G/month to 1.8G/m in 10 yrs. I could return to @<1G/month on vaping, but what fun is that, i like the flavor too much. And in order for it to be an effective muscle relaxant i need more than a little 0.009 hit. I've got no motivation to improve on my current 3.5 G's per 2 months, my usage has already been cut in half just by switching from smoking to vaping.
To the guy with the Firefly taking 10 days to finish 0.12, wow...

yeah i consider it microdosing. some people i know smoke truckloads of weed per day and im like, dude..

Revising this. The Alfa holds more like 0.26-27 on a fine grind/tight pack to the brim. And that lasts me anywhere from 3-6 sessions, 1-3 sessions per day. So I'm not microdosing as much as I thought, but I am microdosing enough to where I'm not using the Alfa as a true "session" vape like it was intended. I pack it full, fine, and tight and I'm good for a few days, sometimes 3 days. I think I'm at 4 draws / 0.05 to get me where I want to be. Less if I'm just going for a buzz. And this is all while avoiding the high temp setting, so I don't reach burnt taste land and my AVB is in decent shape for revaping w/ blends.

+1

Within the Micro-dosing community I'm a heavy hitter, lol. I ration myself @ <1g/week bud on average. Often I come in under a gram per week. But I have a whole host of issues that are helped by the devils weed. When PTSD, TBI, and chronic pain all act up at once my use does go up. I then tap into my surplus from previous weeks.

I am in a medical state with basically unlimited free meds so my interest is purely in dosing with the best medical effect as possible. Cost and fear of "the man" don't factor in.

I know aspie and seizure folks that use as much in a day as I do in a month. You do what you gotta do. But without specify contraindications micro (medical) use should at least by tried out in my opinion.

yeah, maybe my 0.1/day isn't microdosing to some people. But when one person says "I go through an ounce a day" and someone else says "I go through 0.0000005 per week", I guess 0.1/day is good if you used to do more than that...which I did.
I'm still making 3.5 G's last 6 weeks if I figure in my occasional AVB blends.. 2 months on a 8th if I blend more often than I have been.

Last edited:
Top Bottom