• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Micro-Dose Amount Images

AMiA

.."People here are surprisingly easy to upset, for a group of weed users"...maybe that's WHY..to much weed smoking..i've been there myself..my temper flare,i get upset for nothing..or that's maybe just me.Well,it made me rethink things,and i watched Dr.Sulak's videos..took 1 year break,no back and with my newly bought FURY 2,i have no problem following his rec's,LESS is MOORE.But i also reconise that we are not built the same,tolerance wise.
Take the bull by the horns,do a long tolerance brake,then follow Dr.Sulak's advice..i'm sure i'm not the only one that will find that LiM(Less is Moore).

Have a blessed day everyone,and stay Micro dosed ;-)

hinglemccringleberry

Again, most people here just use the term “microdose” to describe a small dose (for them). Trying to explain that tryevmedical microdosing is different, and that it has a specific purpose, is going to get you attacked. People here are surprisingly easy to upset, for a group of weed users.
Again, the complete, 100% absence of effects is not required for it to be called a microdose. If you think it is, you're 100% delusional and need to educate yourself. Thats not an attack on you, its a statement based on widely established facts and reality which you choose to interpret as an attack. Nice try. People who are out touch with reality always claim they're being attacked when they're simply being called out for their fictional claims.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Again, the complete, 100% absence of effects is not required for it to be called a microdose.
If there’s a 100% absence of effects I kinda feel like it’s defeating the point of taking it in the first place. Not only that, it would be very difficult to control with vaping herb.

To get the effects below the point where I couldn’t feel them I would have to dilute in a carrier solution and take it orally. Otherwise the amount of material would be so small that variances in the trichrome count could throw the “micro dose” off. I’ve vaped single calyxes, less than half the size of a rice grain and still gotten perceivable effects. Which were below the dopamine release of a being told a good joke.

Last edited:

EverythingsHazy

.."People here are surprisingly easy to upset, for a group of weed users"...maybe that's WHY..to much weed smoking..i've been there myself..my temper flare,i get upset for nothing..or that's maybe just me.Well,it made me rethink things,and i watched Dr.Sulak's videos..took 1 year break,no back and with my newly bought FURY 2,i have no problem following his rec's,LESS is MOORE.But i also reconise that we are not built the same,tolerance wise.
Take the bull by the horns,do a long tolerance brake,then follow Dr.Sulak's advice..i'm sure i'm not the only one that will find that LiM(Less is Moore).

Have a blessed day everyone,and stay Micro dosed ;-)
Interesting theory. That's quite the opposite of what one would expect to see in a Cannabis consumption and temper correlation.
Again, the complete, 100% absence of effects is not required for it to be called a microdose. If you think it is, you're 100% delusional and need to educate yourself. Thats not an attack on you, its a statement based on widely established facts and reality which you choose to interpret as an attack. Nice try. People who are out touch with reality always claim they're being attacked when they're simply being called out for their fictional claims.
Speaking of being "out of touch with reality", I never said it needs to have no effects. I said the effects are supposed to be sub-threshold. They are there, but you won’t feel a buzz. You might be overall calmer or more pleasant, or sharper, as is the case with lots of psychedelics, but you won’t get buzzed or start tripping.

Even a dose small enough to produce only sub-threshold effects (microdose), has effects on the body that make it worth researching.

Dirtrider

People are getting too bent on this. Yall need to start mega dosing !! Ha ha. I never try to stress about anything cannabis related. That is the one area that is off limits for stress for me. Compared to 5 years ago, I am happy to have a stash and easy access to more.

I see both sides of it from whether to treat microdosing as an amount value that is specific to the person or whether it should be a universal value. I can see where both have value, particularly with distinctions between medical and recreational.

For me personally, I am always keeping an eye on how much I use. It is a drug after all and I am from the generation where in the back of my mind I am thinking too much might not be good - Thanks Nancy Reagan. I also think of it like booze or medicine. Like for booze, research shows that one beer or wine (maybe two) per day is good for you but much more is not good (same with coffee), so I try to keep to those set limits. Same with cannibals. I figure risk of whatever may increase with increasing amounts of use so I like to keep it in check.

Different people may look at it differently. Its all good.

One last thing that I think is relevant to microdosing. It is a bit like eating and unlike booze. I have found that if I microdose and wait a half hour, I feel good and don't really need/want more. Same with food. If I eat a small meal, I feel just as good as if I stuffed myself. Just the opposite, with booze, I tend to want more even after I have one or two. My point is, a microdose is often all I need to relax and be satisfied.

hinglemccringleberry

Speaking of being "out of touch with reality", I never said it needs to have no effects. I said the effects are supposed to be sub-threshold. They are there, but you won’t feel a buzz. You might be overall calmer or more pleasant, or sharper, as is the case with lots of psychedelics, but you won’t get buzzed or start tripping.

Even a dose small enough to produce only sub-threshold effects (microdose), has effects on the body that make it worth researching.
I'm referring to perceivable effects, which is what this whole debate is about. The complete, 100% absence of perceivable effects is not required for it to be called a microdose. Besides, a "buzz" as you call it, can be measured on a 1-10 scale, ranging from 'barely perceivable' to 'loss of bodily control', so making the oversimplified claim that "having a buzz means it's not a microdose" is neither useful nor accurate information (it's pseudo-accurate); it can be true or false depending on the degree of "buzz" we're talking about. You are the first person in the cannabis community to claim that a user isn't microdosing if they achieve any type of buzz whatsoever; this contradicts every assessment of microdosing put forth in all of the cannabis related journalism that I've ever read.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

EverythingsHazy

I'm referring to perceivable effects, which is what this whole debate is about. The complete, 100% absence of perceivable effects is not required for it to be called a microdose.
"What is a microdose? Published guidelines define a microdose to be at 1/100th of the expected pharmacological dose provided it is no more than 100 ì g or 30 n Mol. Studies using such a microdose are called microdosing studies. Guidelines in Europe1 and USA2 now permit such studies in human subjects very early in the drug development process. The preclinical toxicology required is minimal and hence these studies can be used as a candidate selection tool to effectively eliminate drug candidates that show sub-optimal human PK before spending time and effort in the kind of extensive toxicology that is required prior to conventional Phase 1. The term “Phase 0” is therefore often used to refer to such studies. Ultrasensitive bioanalytical equipment and techniques are obviously required, but the substantial cost and time savings from early elimination of unviable compounds may more than justify the investment."

"Microdosing, or micro-dosing, is a technique for studying the behaviour of drugs in humans through the administration of doses so low ("sub-therapeutic") they are unlikely to produce whole-body effects, but high enough to allow the cellular response to be studied. This is called a "Phase 0 study" and is usually conducted before clinical Phase I to predict whether a drug is viable for the next phase of testing. Human Microdosing aims to reduce the resources spent on non-viable drugs and the amount of testing done on animals."

Besides, a "buzz" as you call it, can be measured on a 1-10 scale, ranging from 'barely perceivable' to 'loss of bodily control', so making the oversimplified claim that "having a buzz means it's not a microdose" is neither useful nor accurate information (it's pseudo-accurate); it can be true or false depending on the degree of "buzz" we're talking about.
You can rate a "buzz" on a 1-10 scale, but that doesn't include the sub-threshold effects that are ignored by a scale created to meausure a buzz/high/stone/whatever you want to call it. Those sub-perceptual effects are just as real, but not strong enough to cause the user to feel buzzed like they would with typical doses.
You are the first person in the cannabis community to claim that a user isn't microdosing if they achieve any type of buzz whatsoever; this contradicts every assessment of microdosing put forth in all of the cannabis related journalism that I've ever read.
For starters, if you read the threads here more thoroughly, you'd see that there are at least a few people here who agree with me. Secondly, consider your sources. A bunch of stoners who love weed and getting high, and sites like Leafly, HighTimes,etc., have no credibility.

Also, there is a difference between noticeable effects, and a noticeable buzz. If I have a headache, and take an Advil, I can notice that my headache is gone, but I don't feel anything extra.

Last edited:
EverythingsHazy,

hinglemccringleberry

@EverythingsHazy sorry, but you're out of touch. Those sources that "lack credibility" are mainstream, and thats precisely the reason why you cant use that quote from that link to make your case -- there are 2 different definitions of microdosing being used, there is a double standard in place. Microdosing as it relates to cannabis consumption was never intended to correlate with the academic term for microdosing in the link that you keep pointing to. That makes your argument collapse.
Your argument is like saying "football is football, and American football isnt football"...well, that doesnt change the fact that the mainstream will still call American football football until the end of time, to the point where American football REALLY IS football, and theres nothing you can do to stop it. You can spend the rest of your life screaming that American football isn't football, and it changes nothing in the grand scheme of things. But hey, if the voices in your head keep telling you that reaching a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10 isnt a microdose, keep telling yourself that all you want. im going to keep calling it a microdose, much to your dismay. the funny part about all of this is that we're actually closer to being in agreement than you realize. When I reach a 2 on the 1-10 scale, i dont consider that an ideal microsose either, and many people here do, and I never denied the existence of "sub-threshold" effects.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

Dirtrider

Secondly, consider your sources. A bunch of stoners who love weed and getting high, and sites like Leafly, HighTimes,etc., have no credibility.

Also, there is a difference between noticeable effects, and a noticeable buzz. If I have a headache, and take an Advil, I can notice that my headache is gone, but I don't feel anything extra.

This struck a nerve with me. I notice all the time, with some offense, how the professional medical community is finally jumping on the cannabis bandwagon and acting like they are now the experts. Shit, people you denigrate as stoners, have been using cannabis for centuries to feel better before the johnny come lately medical pros and governments decided they could make money on it. A microdose is what ever the F the stoners say it is because this is their world. Who knows better than a stoner ? - sure as hell not some fresh out of school person with a text book full of definitions. my rant is over. Not attacking you personally, but something I have noticed, and I don't know your background - again, something I have noticed on TV and with other people. Seems to be in fashion to be a cannabis expert now. And your Advil analogy is awful since it never in my experience, causes a buzz. Maybe 1/2 beer is better since that is about where I notice a buzz. For me, microdose is not about whether I notice a buzz but the amount and my functionality.

I will have to stop coming to this forum or this thread if all we do is argue over a definition.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Microdosing IMO has to be an individual framework. For someone with brain cancer who consumes 1 gram of oil everyday, a microdose to them could be 0.5 gram of 90% oil while for a vapist, 0.01 gram of flower could be their microdose.

I think it's even more difficult to pin down "microdose" on cannabis because it is so safe. For alcohol the ratio of "fatal dose to effective dose" is 10 --- so 10 X an effective dose can kill you ( 10 x 2 beers). For cannabis, the ratio of fatal dose to effective dose is about 1,500 (give or take) so it would take 1,500 X your effective dose to kill you ----one of the safest substances on the planet. Even water is like 10:1 for a fatal dose of water. Nothing comes close to cannabis for safe use.

With that level of safety, the range of use is not matched by any other substance so dose/microdose daffy-nitions lose their relevance to me :)

MinnBobber,

AMiA

God morning guys and girls!

Why don't you ALL take a look at Dr.Sulaks vieo regarding Micro Dosing,listen to what he says and the advices he give regarding how to MD.
Atleast i found it very informative...On another note,have a look at all the "hard core" stoners on YT,they do everything to get a tumbs up from the those who view those vid's.They go on talking ..i never done this before dabing 1 gr+..i'm really nervous..They are mostly younger people,and it seems to me that they would do nearly anything to get a tumbs up...SAD indeed.

It is a DRUG..so be careful out there while smoking/vaping/dabbing..please.

Have a great day all :-)

AMiA,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
So I just had to napalm a bunch of posts because apparently we've forgotten some of our rules....

Be Nice
  • All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
  • No flaming. Do not post any content that harasses, insults, belittles, threatens or flames another member. Please be nice to newbies.

If y'all can't keep it in line with this (and it's not a lot of rules, come on...), please don't post. Take a breather. Come back in a few hours. Go enjoy nature? But please be nice!

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: Jill NYC
Top Bottom