• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mi-Log

hweezi

formally cwheezy
@AJS I'm thinking it would just rest on a hydrafoot stand (That could be also incased in a gorgeous species of wood).

Any thoughts on this, would solve it from falling over or rolling off a desk and would accent it quite well tbh.

It would just have to be a 18mm male joint plugged in some hole. Kinda how the hydratubes sit on the hydrobricks.

Last edited:
hweezi,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
@KeroZen - I believe that the limits of the voltage converter are being pushed with the heater. It was a lucky coincidence that the voltage controller has just enough capacity, but not too much to cause damage.
It only requires some minor modifications. Having replaceable components does make it handy.
Would be interested in trying to install a Zion brain into the base of a log unit sometime so that it would only need a single 12 volt power input. Maybe with a 510 connector so that the air path doesn't come from the electronics space. Could be used with any e-cig RDA as well.
I'm not so certain about the need for inertia with the heater. I'm looking at it from a purely thermodynamic direction. Any additional material is going to rob some of the heat energy away from heating the air. I want to make the hot air using the least amount of heat energy possible and minimize the amount lost to heat the glass and wood. I find the unit to perform equally with a Milaana using a fake battery connector and the Mi-Log unit Ryan sent me. The Heat Island is named after the technology which traps the heat on an island which is the heater cover. It is the reason that heat up times for log style vaporizers went from 50 minutes to 5 minutes. It is provided with a constant supply of heat energy, so there will be some energy wasted. The RBT heater technology gives us the opportunity to conserve energy in addition to conserving herb.
It provides instantaneous heat, so maybe it could be called the MiHeat.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
RBT is excited to see @Alan implement the silicone sleeve and removal of the mica. There are several risks in both and @Alan is aware of them. He is also one of the best vapzorizer engineers in the business and will sort out these and other issues in beta testing.

The mica is subjected to a bake process to ensure purity. After assembly an over voltage burn-in is run. No appreciable amount of dust has been detected in new or warranty units. The fine mesh heater screen is in place to prevent any particulate from leaving the heater chamber and entering the load chamber. Mica is frequently used in heater applications as it is easily cut into patterns as Compared to ceramic which needs to be molded and then fired in a kiln. RBT will look to employ ceramic elements in future designs when higher volumes are achieved.

In the short distance from the rim of the female glass to the heater screen the temperature goes from 160 F to over 400. Using medical grade epoxy at the rim of the glass minimizes surface area and reduces temperature exposure. With the RBT Mi-Log employing radial side inlets as opposed to the inlet screen used on Milaana the exposure to the air path is further minimized. Mica is also required to employ the "Turbulator". Enter char technology that is now being implemented in the Zion and now Milaana.

I hope this further explication puts some minds at ease and some wise tails to rest. Again, we are very excited for @Alan to provide RBT tech to customers who feel better having the mica and epoxy out of the design. I mean, like Damn, you see that Spalted splendor up there? :)

Last edited:

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
@RastaBuddhaTao - Thank you for the kind words. Glad you like how the unit turned out. I have been using it more than any vaporizer available to me. Maybe it is the Venturi effect of the inlet air going through a smaller orifice so that it can expand and provide a uniform air flow through the heater surface area that provides such an even roast. Some of the uniform roasting can be attributed to using the two screen method in the roasting tube. I was able to combust with it once, but it was not easy to do. The flavor is generally excellent for every hit. Looking forward to making more of them.

Here is a photo of the bottom showing the air inlet in the removable bottom cap. Have been thinking of calling it the Insta Heat or maybe just iHeat since it creates heat instantly.

spaltedbirdseyemaplemilogbottom.jpg

little maggie

Is there a list for purchase of this? I'd like to be added to it. My 2 favorite vapes combining is too hard to resist.
I am bad at pictures because my hands shake but I've been trying to take a good picture of my HI. It is the most beautiful vape I have- I love the shape. Might these mi-logs come in other shapes? And will this fit the tubes and stems from the HI or TT?

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@RastaBuddhaTao - Thank you for the kind words. Glad you like how the unit turned out. Have been thinking of calling it the Insta Heat or maybe just iHeat since it creates heat instantly.

HI @Alan i think that would be an awesome name! Thanks for your patience as of late as I have been out of commission with a back injury. I will get the next set of parts out to you next week. I am excited to see the work for the cordset unfold. The connector needs to be small, have a polarity indicator that is intuitive, should hold firmly but pull out if pulled abruptly (someone tripping over the cord, accept 18/16 gage wire and work with what ever thin, supple, cordset. I am also looking forward to you working on integrating the Zion power electronics in the design.

Once the brick, PS, and cordset is set as the foundation, changing from the 14 mm micro does unit to the 18 mm session Log will simply be... Unplug, plug-in :)

Hopefully by the end of the year Zion and Bodhi will be complete and I can join the fun :)

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Ohhh yes.. same here . While others await for other "upcoming" vapes , I wait in line for the iHeat. It's gonna kick ass. Indoors anyways, gonna find something for outdoors though :p

P.A.M.,
Reactions: grokit

little maggie

I overspent and got inundated with great vapes including the zion. But a mi-log by RBT and Alan seems unavoidable. Does anyone know how much they cost?

little maggie,
Reactions: muunch

little maggie

I use water tools for most vapes. And I checked and am on the list. Anyone who has tried one of the TT products or a milaana/zion would be tempted by this. I have too many logs but maybe some need a new home. Alan's wood designs whether for stems or logs are the most beautiful out there. And Ryan's engineering is amazing. Now that the Zions are out in the wild it may not be long.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I use water tools for most vapes. And I checked and am on the list. Anyone who has tried one of the TT products or a milaana/zion would be tempted by this. I have too many logs but maybe some need a new home. Alan's wood designs whether for stems or logs are the most beautiful out there. And Ryan's engineering is amazing. Now that the Zions are out in the wild it may not be long.

I don't think Ryan works on the iHeat other then supplying the heater . Which surely in time most people will figure out how and where to source the parts for it. . So not sure zion being out affects Alan's list.. cool that you on board. I have a vapcap M on the way for my outdoors needs but I will surely give this a try when my name comes up on the list . The price is right! If it's that good I'll either mcgyver a way to bring it outdoors or find something similar if vapcap don't suit my needs. I can't justify and don't have the funds for rbt products. Also im trusting Alan as probably improved the rbt technology , so yeah , this will be awesome!!

P.A.M.,
Top Bottom