MFLB vape "rig"

ApathyGlass

glassblower
Hey guys, new to these parts.

I bought a MFLB this past weekend at a trade show and decided to make a little rig thing to get some water filtration going.

what do you think?

2hgh3lw.jpg

hsrh9k.jpg

thanks!

ApathyGlass,
Reactions: jl420
Nice rig you've blown there; where in Jersey you located? How long did take you to blow the whole piece?

biojuggernaut,

ApathyGlass

glassblower
thanks man. i'm going to school down southwest, near the del/mem bridge. But i'm actually from the bronx ny.

ApathyGlass,

Zed

I am the Dungeon Master of you.
I saw some of your posts in the MFLB thread. I have a WISPR and an MFLB. If you are making custom pieces could you email thru here? I have some dreams! Lol would love to hear the feasibility.

Thanks,

Zack

Zed,

stroh

errl enthusiast
fucking awesome work dude, that thing looks amazing, i can definitely see a market niche for your creations

stroh,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I can definitely see a niche for your work. I think your glass mouthpiece for the LB is slick. And the bub rig is very cool.

momofthegoons,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I love the original bigger glass stem idea!! Ideally for a waterpipe adapter I would want a glass version of the wood MF one. Having to pull the stem out to shake with this design would kinda be annoying to me IMO. Being able to pull it away and shake freely is key. If you can blow something similar to the MF WPA in all glass (minus the pushback ring connection) would be awesome. I came up with an expanded stem idea a few months back (basically your OG design) but I'm not a glass blower soooooo..... :D

My dream LB would have a glass top (instead of plexi) with color everywhere except for a clear are to act as a 'trench window'

JDSupreme,

ApathyGlass

glassblower
hey man thanks for cheking it out.

I understand where you're coming from, having to take it off the tube to shake it after every hit definitely sucks haha, I now see why the WPA is designed as it is.

I would really like to replace the plexi aswell. The problem with fabricating a glass top is that borosillicate plate glass is kind of a bitch to find/work with. At school we have a bunch of float (soft) glass that i might be able to make some tops out of, but color would be out of the question then =(

I'm going to talk to my friend who does kiln fusing and see if we cant come up with a funky new top design

ApathyGlass,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
So it looks like we have a new glass blower guy after the old one disappeared aye?

Love that little bubbler and the mouthpiece I saw elsewhere, I'm keeping my eye on this ;)

OhTheAgony,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Just subscribed to this thread....mmmmm glasssssssss -drools-
Keep up the great work man! You may be hearing from me soon also

psyshaman,

Nycdeisel

I really dig it! I might be interested as well in some of your creations ;)

That adapter is similar to what i posted. i really liked that smaller glass adapter compared to MFs WPA(i know it works for a lot of people it just wasnt for me)

Nycdeisel,

ApathyGlass

glassblower
but you already have one! :p

where in the city are you? when im not a school im up near 231st in the bx

ApathyGlass,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
231st? By White Plains Rd? I am from Pelham Parkway, between Lydig and Morris Park. Of course, I haven't lived there in a while but my family still does. Your work looks sick!

mvapes,

hunterthompson

Hey Apathy, I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to get in contact with you for a while. Do you mind checking your email? Thanks

hunterthompson,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I would love to buy one of these. I have been wanting to water filter my MFLB without getting a bong and a WPA adapter (it's just a piece of wood with foam = lame to me).

I tried making my own bong with a plastic bottle but it kind of failed and didn't last long ha.

Elluzion,

Nycdeisel

I felt the same way Elluzion, but you can imagine how disappointed i was when i had tried THIS prior to the release of the MF adapter
DSC037272.jpg

this was just a glass whip adapter made for dbv/ssv but miraculously fit perfectly into the mflb. to say the least, it works MUCH better then MF's!

btw i would tilt the tube so that the box was level

Nycdeisel,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I was looking for someplace to post my "custom rig setup" (there's humor in there, someplace).

Then I saw this thread. Holy crap, man. That is... wow. Beautiful, gorgeous... don't do it justice. What an incredibly awesome piece of form and function, comes close to saying it. I might be a little biased, because of my love for the MFLB. I appreciate it, for the same things. Its beauty is in the simplicity, but thought-process that has gone into its design and its function, is well-documented.

I wish I was in position to help support, what is so obvious a calling. Having a skill like that, is something special. But, health and financial reasons prevent that from happening.

But, I do have my kickass, under $200 Poor Man's Medicinal Miracle Rig...
(The PA isn't in the picture. I was just taking a quick pic for a friend.)

bong02.jpg

Yes, I am a medicinal patient. Long story short, I'm one of the 3% that survived an aortic dissection. However, from both carotids to my kidneys (with the exception of a small graft at my aortic arch)... my aorta is shredded. Medicinal has been a lifesaver. It relieves symptoms that pharmaceuticals can't touch.

This is the first thread I have subscribed to. It will be cool watching your progress. I really dig the idea of it being made for use w/o the WPA. I love that it gives me the flexibility to enjoy smoki... err vaping out of my favorite utensil of my youth and still now, but i really don't like having to balance the LB on the WPA. Just inserting the box onto a custom made stem adapter would be Heaven..

Peace and good karma, man.

BigDaddyVapor,

Bon Dog

BigDaddyVapor said:
I was looking for someplace to post my "custom rig setup" (there's humor in there, someplace).

Then I saw this thread. Holy crap, man. That is... wow. Beautiful, gorgeous... don't do it justice. What an incredibly awesome piece of form and function, comes close to saying it. I might be a little biased, because of my love for the MFLB. I appreciate it, for the same things. Its beauty is in the simplicity, but thought-process that has gone into its design and its function, is well-documented.

I wish I was in position to help support, what is so obvious a calling. Having a skill like that, is something special. But, health and financial reasons prevent that from happening.

But, I do have my kickass, under $200 Poor Man's Medicinal Miracle Rig...
(The PA isn't in the picture. I was just taking a quick pic for a friend.)

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff208/twidget59/bong02.jpg

Yes, I am a medicinal patient. Long story short, I'm one of the 3% that survived an aortic dissection. However, from both carotids to my kidneys (with the exception of a small graft at my aortic arch)... my aorta is shredded. Medicinal has been a lifesaver. It relieves symptoms that pharmaceuticals can't touch.

This is the first thread I have subscribed to. It will be cool watching your progress. I really dig the idea of it being made for use w/o the WPA. I love that it gives me the flexibility to enjoy smoki... err vaping out of my favorite utensil of my youth and still now, but i really don't like having to balance the LB on the WPA. Just inserting the box onto a custom made stem adapter would be Heaven..

Peace and good karma, man.

thats a sweet rig! and I'm glad to hear mmj is helping you!

Bon Dog,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Thanks. I was going to post in the custom rig setup, but its a bit high-brow for me. A lot of those guys are sporting $1000 and significantly more rigs. They're very nice... but, I really don't see the big deal. Sure, if I had $150+ to spend on a piece of glassware (instead of putting it towards medicine), I'd buy one of those EHLE bongs, with a G-Spot downtube/diffuser . They do some really nice work, HQ work IMO... and offering it at a much more reasonable price than the others. The one I have, is a no name. I know its hand-blown, I know it was made in Los Angeles (I know their former wholesaler). Its got imperfections, but its some damn thick, heavy glass. I have a smaller/cheaper Hard Times water pipe for daily use, then when the house quiets down at night, I switch over to the pictured one. Its a definite one-hitter (though, like Lays... who can have just one?)

As for the medicinal value, it truly has paid off. I always need my morning pharma meds. Quite honestly, they're what's keeping me alive (my blood pressure cant exceed 110/80). I require a nighttime dose of my BP meds also. However, I take crap for anxiety, stress, depression and pain, also. Right now, I'm vaping Chemdawg (8.0 rated hybrid on leafly). I keep forgetting my nighttime dose, not because I'm vaped out of my mind. :p But, because its SO effective at relieving those anxiety thru pain symptoms. Its especially good at pain management. I'd give up Xanax, Celexa and Tramadol altogether, if I wanted to stay mmj-icated 24/7. :D

BigDaddyVapor,

Bon Dog

ya i agree the custom rig setup its really high brow... i only go there when i wana feel poor lol

Bon Dog,
Top Bottom