MFLB or Vapir no2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinklezz

Hello everybody! This is my first post, and hopefully the beginning to a long relationship between me and vaporizing. Ill first explain my situation. On amazon, I can spend up to approx. 110; this range has enticed me to look into these two vapes. I understand that the mflb is very stealthy and all, but how are the quality of the hits? with 2700mhi batteries? i would get those to go with my LB, and the no2 is much less stealthy but has temp control, and what id imagine to be a higher quality vaporizer. I think the mflb is great for what it is and i respect it, but i dont understand how such a small device that just shorts out a battery to heat up a little metal plate and vape the herb. Can someone also explain how to no2 works? Thanks everyone!

From the reviews for the no2, and from people that have used it ive heard great things, and im leaning towards this one because i want a quality vape (for the price).

Twinklezz,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
If you are choosing based on its popularity and reviews posted here, then the MFLB beats the Vapir six ways to Sunday. The NO2 has a mixed reputation, with a lot of reports of bad taste and/or smell. On the other hand, those who don't have those issues seem to like the device. The MFLB has an excellent reputation with far fewer dissatisfied users, although some people find the learning curve steep. It also has a warranty that can't be beaten.

That is not how I would choose my vapourizer, however. First I'd decide what characteristics are most important to me, then I'd look to see what devices match my requirements. Having lots of devoted followers doesn't make it the right unit for you.

pakalolo,

Twinklezz

Thank you im looking mainly for quality vapor and id sacrifice some stealth if i can have that. Ive read that the smell/taste is not plastic and is actually something used to connect the pieces and is harmless. Ive also read what it is made of and it is all FDA approved. People say either wash the unit with alcohol or just wait a couple sessions and the taste/smell goes away. I can get it for 93 on amazon as well. How does it work do you know?

Twinklezz,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thank you im looking mainly for quality vapor and id sacrifice some stealth if i can have that. Ive read that the smell/taste is not plastic and is actually something used to connect the pieces and is harmless. Ive also read what it is made of and it is all FDA approved. People say either wash the unit with alcohol or just wait a couple sessions and the taste/smell goes away. I can get it for 93 on amazon as well. How does it work do you know?

Sorry, I've never used the NO2. I was just summarizing what I know about it from the forum, i.e. a lot of people have had this smell/taste issue, regardless of cause. The MFLB I know fairly well, if you have questions about that.

pakalolo,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Some people totally love their Launch Boxes and it does work well, yet there is a definite learning curve to it. Personally, I like it but I'm not crazy about it compared with other vapes I own; just a personal preference I guess. Knowing what I know, I would say that your best option as a beginner is getting a vaporizer that will blow you away and is very forgiving. That, in my opinion, is a Silver Surfer, which can be had for about $150 or less used if you keep your eyes open on Craigslist, etc. Used is perfectly OK with certain vaporizers - in this case 7th Floor, the manufacturer, stands behind their products and is very responsive with repair issues. The likelihood is slim that a Silver Surfer would require a repair in general. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. Down the line you can experiment with other interesting directions, but I would go with something that's easy and fantastic now, as a beginner, otherwise you might find that vaping is too involved and frustrating compared with lighting a joint. The Silver Surfer is not at all stealth but I think it would be your best first vaporizer. Yet on the other hand I know that some people have started with the Launch Box and love it.

Before you make a first purchase you ought to consider this as a concept. I think also that 7th Floor sells cosmetically blemished Silver Surfers at a discount on Ebay - if that's true maybe someone can post a direct link to their store.

Also in the realm of used, look at Da Buddha, Vapor Bros, Myrtle Zap, Purple Days.

One more curve - this is a very decent heavy hitter, not too expensive, from a company who is very responsive with repair issues:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VaporBox-Va...353?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519a3d4409

jeffp,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I have all three if that helps - I love the idea of the MFLB but honestly, it never did it for me. I barely ever use it however - It has a huge following, the manufacturer treats their clientele fantastically so quite honestly it wouldn't be a bad choice in any way. Now, with that being said, I absolutely love my No2 - its never a failure, always makes nice clouds and there's little to NO learning curve. I also have the solo - and I have to say its quickly becoming my favorite vape (portable or desk top), its ridiculously easy to use, always a great performer, and with an all glass air path the taste is better than the No2. And with the all the recent price drops you really can't make a bad choice. Of course this is only my opinion - good luck with whatever you choose.

max

Out to lunch
From the reviews for the no2, and from people that have used it ive heard great things, and im leaning towards this one because i want a quality vape (for the price).
Between these two, the better quality, especially for the money, is the MF. You may prefer the Vapir due to the design difference, and it may give you good service with no problems, but the LB is more of 'can't go wrong' design, with an unbeatable warranty.

There are also other good portable options these days, vs the Vapir, and FC has the info on 'em. Do some reading and you may find yourself putting one or more other small stealthy vapes ahead of the N02 on your list.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom