Duo - Infusion Vaporizer by VUE - Formerly Metaväp

Chief Infusion Officer

Haiden G - CEO & Co-Founder of Vue
Manufacturer
After some debugging of our software, we got the first prototype up and running. We thought it would be fitting to share a short teaser video with you all:

Password: vaporvue

All the best,
Haiden G

Hey All,

Just wanted to let you know I updated the video above with better lighting. It gives you a better sense of the current vapor output. First clip is just concentrate. Second clip is just flower. The third clip is both simultaneously. The LED color also gives indication of the states.

Thanks again for following our progress. :) We look forward to working with all of you, as well as the beta testers we have been in touch with through FC. Let's make the vaporizer we have all been waiting for.

Best,
Haiden G

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
Hey Guys!

We've got our second prototype in house with major improvements to both software and hardware. Heat-up time has been improved, as well as major improvements on vapor production overall. The video should speak for itself:

Thanks for keeping an eye on this! We will be meeting with local beta testers over the next few weeks to share these improvements with them in person. Stay tuned!

All the best,
Haiden G

NickDlow

Log Hog
Hey Guys!

We've got our second prototype in house with major improvements to both software and hardware. Heat-up time has been improved, as well as major improvements on vapor production overall. The video should speak for itself:

Thanks for keeping an eye on this! We will be meeting with local beta testers over the next few weeks to share these improvements with them in person. Stay tuned!

All the best,
Haiden G

This thread seemed to die down a bit. But that new video looks great! The vapor production defiantly looks improved. Nice job @Metaväp! Keep up the great work. I can see this vape will be a big contender.

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
This thread seemed to die down a bit. But that new video looks great! The vapor production defiantly looks improved. Nice job @Metaväp! Keep up the great work. I can see this vape will be a big contender.

Thank you!! We really appreciate the kindness. We can assure you, it will be a contender. :)

If I was able to get my hands on more concentrate would def be a buy. Do like the idea of holding the button to ramp up the heater while using flower. Hope you success with you venture

Thank you greatly!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
Any idea when we can start buying this?

We are actively fundraising right now, so that we can develop this device to a manufacturable level. From there, we will be either hosting pre-orders on our site or launching an Indiegogo campaign. It depends on a few factors ATM.

We are estimating this whole process to take around a year. We want to be frank about product development and the length of time it takes. I have a background in product design and know what we are up against, so we will do our absolute best to give the most accurate estimations possible as we move forward. At the moment, we are expecting a year to get these in peoples hands. Ideally we can start our pre-orders in around 8 months. (Around June next year)

I hope this answers your question! We will update you guys as soon as we hit our next milestone (funds raised).

NickDlow

Log Hog
We are actively fundraising right now, so that we can develop this device to a manufacturable level. From there, we will be either hosting pre-orders on our site or launching an Indiegogo campaign. It depends on a few factors ATM.

We are estimating this whole process to take around a year. We want to be frank about product development and the length of time it takes. I have a background in product design and know what we are up against, so we will do our absolute best to give the most accurate estimations possible as we move forward. At the moment, we are expecting a year to get these in peoples hands. Ideally we can start our pre-orders in around 8 months. (Around June next year)

I hope this answers your question! We will update you guys as soon as we hit our next milestone (funds raised).

I'm sure you're aware but indiegogo and PayPal aren't very vape friendly. There's another start up going on now for another vape that kept getting the funds frozen. Please nip that in the bud from the get go. It's pretty frustrating in the consumer end I can only imagine how much of a pain in the ass it is on the company's end.

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
I'm sure you're aware but indiegogo and PayPal aren't very vape friendly. There's another start up going on now for another vape that kept getting the funds frozen. Please nip that in the bud from the get go. It's pretty frustrating in the consumer end I can only imagine how much of a pain in the ass it is on the company's end.

Exactly. Thank you for mentioning this..

When I said "It depends on a few factors ATM" up above, that was one of the factors I was referring to.

I actually was in touch with head of Indiegogo's hardware division a couple months back, and he said everything would be fine. Since then, they must have changed their stance.

We will likely be using our own website and launching pre-orders there. We would rather sidestep the fees associated with crowdfunding and just have the same content hosted on our own page. That gives us a lot more control and freedom to give our customers what they want.

That being said, we will keep our options open until the time comes. I need to speak with Indiegogo again and get an official answer to this.

NickDlow

Log Hog
Exactly. Thank you for mentioning this..

When I said "It depends on a few factors ATM" up above, that was one of the factors I was referring to.

I actually was in touch with head of Indiegogo's hardware division a couple months back, and he said everything would be fine. Since then, they must have changed their stance.

We will likely be using our own website and launching pre-orders there. We would rather sidestep the fees associated with crowdfunding and just have the same content hosted on our own page. That gives us a lot more control and freedom to give our customers what they want.

That being said, we will keep our options open until the time comes. I need to speak with Indiegogo again and get an official answer to this.

This specific company was actually telling the ppl if you spend this much you get this product, etc. I guess they say you can do that. Then they changed to to getting something else n the closed it again. And the last time I think it was because of vape realated stuff, but I could be very wrong also. Hearing it from the horses mouth is the way to go. But PayPal is 100% vape UNfriendly.

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX

I'll be honest, I hope y'all hit your milestones because I don't see too many of them hitting their goals anywhere close. Good luck and hope to use your vape a year or so from now.

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
This specific company was actually telling the ppl if you spend this much you get this product, etc. I guess they say you can do that. Then they changed to to getting something else n the closed it again. And the last time I think it was because of vape realated stuff, but I could be very wrong also. Hearing it from the horses mouth is the way to go. But PayPal is 100% vape UNfriendly.

Very strange behavior from Indiegogo.. I will look into this and keep you guys posted on my findings.

Yeah, I've never heard anything good about paypal and "herbal" related businesses.. hopefully someday that will change.

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
Hey all,

I've gotten a few requests for an AVB photo.. so here is one!

DfQcLjp.png

This is after a complete session with a full chamber. I would say around 0.5 g.

-Hg

Last edited:

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
Hey everyone,

I wanted to reach out to you guys, since we are very close to reaching our next milestone : raising funds.

We are about a month away from having the cash we need to take our proof of concept from just that, to an actual manufacturable product.

Given this big step, I wanted to ask a simple question:

If we are going to develop this over the next year.. and make this product as good as we possibly can.. would you, as a customer, rather we crowdfund / launch pre-orders halfway through our product development, or launch at the end of our development?

If we launched our campaign halfway through, whether it be crowdfunding or pre-orders on our site, we will likely be showing you a product that will evolve and change before production. The advantage here is that we can gather input from our backers (you guys) and make any final improvements based on that input. It will likely take around 8-10 months for us to deliver the final product at that point.

Alternatively, if we waited until the product design / engineering was essentially finished and ready to be tooled for manufacturing, and then launched our campaign at that point, you would have a much clearer picture of the final product and would be waiting roughly 5-6 months to receive your product.

We have seen companies succeed with both ways, but the first option I outlined has seemed to be the riskiest.

We would love to hear your specific thoughts on this. We want to get this product in all of your hands as soon as possible, but want to do it in a way that won't upset our backers (you guys) or have you waiting forever for the product. Vapor infusion is truly unlike anything else I have experienced, and the proof of concept is a testament to that. We are excited for you all to be a part of this!!

Thanks again for keeping an eye on us, everyone. We hope to hear back!

All the best,
Hg

Last edited:

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
Hey All!

I mentioned previously that I would reach out to Indiegogo to get a proper response regarding vapes on their platform. I contacted the head of hardware and he responded with this:

oaarBMZ.png

oaarBMZ.png

Hopefully Indiegogo changes their stance on this in the near future! John told me that I would be the first to know if anything changes. I'll keep you all posted on that.

Looks like we will be hosting pre-orders on our site as an alternative. I will be sure to let you all know as soon as we are close to opening those pre-orders up. We are extremely excited to get there!

Thank you all!!
-Haiden

Tommy10

What do you think this vape will be like for dry herb only users? Since development is early, here is what I'd love. If bother chambers could be loaded with herb, with a hot temp and drawn from simultaneously. 430f maybe as a boost temp and rip away! For those of us without access to concentrates it would certainly be a fun way to do it. Personal experience tells me drawing from the solo and the HA at the same time fulls the lungs nicer than one at a time!

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
What do you think this vape will be like for dry herb only users? Since development is early, here is what I'd love. If bother chambers could be loaded with herb, with a hot temp and drawn from simultaneously. 430f maybe as a boost temp and rip away! For those of us without access to concentrates it would certainly be a fun way to do it. Personal experience tells me drawing from the solo and the HA at the same time fulls the lungs nicer than one at a time!

Thank you for your input! We have been considering this for quite some time and agree that it would make VUE valuable for strictly flower users like yourself.

Good think we are still early enough in our progress to be able to implement feedback like this! Thanks again.

Tommy10

Are the two chambers going to be similar in size? And would the set temp for the concentrate chamber be above herb combustion temperature?

Tommy10,
Top Bottom