Duo - Infusion Vaporizer by VUE - Formerly Metaväp

Justpassedu

Looks like a big Pax with two ovens...nice!

The only ways I know of to dab and flower at the same time effectively are with the Sublimator and the eerlectric enail with herb bowl attachment. Both are gonna run you over $550 and are desktops. No portables I know of, so this is exciting!
I don't know if this counts but i have rolled some shatter into a ball and than surrounded that by herbs and vaped it. Makes for a a very tasty sandwich although this matavap looks promising.

Chief Infusion Officer

Haiden G - CEO & Co-Founder of Vue
Manufacturer
A few questions...

What will the temps be for each oven, how are they controlled (preset or dial-in)?
What kind of display will it feature?
Also the post about a year ago mentioned you were trying to make it convection, is this still the case?
What materials will be in the air path?
Will the entire air path be isolated from electronics?
Will the battery be user replaceable, if not what type of charger port will it have?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

Edit: looks very sleek, I like

Nick,

Let me try to answer these, best I can. Keep in mind, things are going to change and some of these variables are in / will be in flux.

What will the temps be for each oven, how are they controlled (preset or dial-in)?
Pre-set currently. Mostly for initial evaluation of the prototypes. Once we find the optimal temps based on beta feedback, we would like to ship with only a few presets to choose from on the flower side. The concentrate chamber will have one temperature.

What kind of display will it feature?
An LED / haptic feedback interface.

Also the post about a year ago mentioned you were trying to make it convection, is this still the case?
We pushed very hard to achieve this, and have been unable to in the form factor we are trying to achieve. Portability is paramount, and convection is not conducive to our target, pocketable form factor.

What materials will be in the air path?

Glass. Steel for the prototypes.

Will the entire air path be isolated from electronics?
Yes.

Will the battery be user replaceable, if not what type of charger port will it have?

It will be manufacturer replaceable, due to liabilities. It will include a micro USB charger, as well as a charging dock.

Looks like a big Pax with two ovens...nice!

The only ways I know of to dab and flower at the same time effectively are with the Sublimator and the eerlectric enail with herb bowl attachment. Both are gonna run you over $550 and are desktops. No portables I know of, so this is exciting!

Stickstones,

In terms of the scale, please view it with a grain of salt. We are pushing very hard to reduce the scale substaintially and make the device as small as possible. The render is a conservative average, between our goal and the scale of our prototype. :)

Yes, this functionality has not been seen in a portable yet. We really think it will open new doors to medicating. Thanks again for the support!

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't know if this counts but i have rolled some shatter into a ball and than surrounded that by herbs and vaped it. Makes for a a very tasty sandwich although this matavap looks promising.

True! I was thinking more along the lines of a dab hit, but you're probably right that this unit will work more like your method, as I doubt it will get to true dab temps.

natural farmer

We pushed very hard to achieve this, and have been unable to in the form factor we are trying to achieve. Portability is paramount, and convection is not conducive to our target, pocketable form factor.

Well, there are already vapes out there that are both convection and highly portable and in a few months a vape called Grasshopper will most likely hit the shelves as well… I don't want to be negative but I think you should rethink everything about your design if you want to stand out from the crowd. :)

natural farmer,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Really u think so? I have the mighty which is basically the same as you know. I thought consensus was that it is a hybrid? Defo a fair amount of conduction going on there.

Personally im not caught up in conduction / convection debate and i treat each vape on its own merits! I like the 'signature' of the mighty... powerful hits and good flavour. Best part is the ease of use ... it eats your stash though! Thats were the vm comes in! X

(Sorry a bit off topic)

NickDlow

Log Hog
I gotta agree with @VapourHaze with the crafty/mighty statement. I've owned the mighty n IMO I think conduction is far more dominant over convection.

Tho u got me on the other two as I've never had or tried them so I won't speculate.

Edit: also the pic is a prototype as Haiden stated and most likely will change.

@VapourHaze tho it's not a deal breaker myself nd others prefer convection for the taste and a more functionable high, at least that's my case.

Last edited:

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
@NickDlow ... Yes i think people need to be realistic of whats easily (to a good price point) achievable in a portable vape. I dont think people need to get so hung up on if its convection / conduction blah blah .. and theyve never even tried one! People need to judge each vape on its own merit. Im sure the metavap will have its own delightful 'signature' :)

NickDlow

Log Hog
@NickDlow ... Yes i think people need to be realistic of whats easily (to a good price point) achievable in a portable vape. I dont think people need to get so hung up on if its convection / conduction blah blah .. and theyve never even tried one! People need to judge each vape on its own merit. Im sure the metavap will have its own delightful 'signature' :)

Agreed! This will definatly be a unique vape all on its own, especially with their oven design. I love my Hazes' and their dual oven design. This should be interesting running both ovens simultaneously with herb in one and 'trates in the other.

I'll leave the convection to my logs:D;pd;

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
It will, it will… :lol:

Crafty, Firefly, Elevape… All similar in size to the pic Metavap showed or smaller.

EDIT: Sorry, they are all smaller… :lol:

Hi Natural Farmer,

It's worth noting that the size of VUE is going to shrink substantially. We have been assured by our engineers that the scale shown in the image, and in the prototypes, will go down. Since we are bootstrapping to start, and didn't have tons of money to throw at development, we had to get scrappy and salvage bits and pieces from other products and prove our concept that way. Since that method is not ideal for scaling to manufacturing, we have to redesign our architecture for production. This will most certainly bring our scale down, as everything is "custom" at that point.

Again, I knew putting an image out would get reactions like this, so I completely understand. Just be patient with us, as development is an expensive and tricky endeavor.. and my background is in product design! So take the render as a grain of salt. I will be updating with more documentation as we get more of our materials in house.

It's also worth noting that VUE will be a combination of convection / conduction. Again, to do what we are trying to do (put two heaters in the palm of your hand, in a truly pocketable form factor), we have to make some sacrifices to get to that scale. I can assure you though, we are pushing very hard to have the best possible vapor quality out of our flower chamber.

Thanks for the feedback!

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
Ah, that and the little car named VUE mixed up maybe? brains and words, how fun lol

Ahh yes! There are a few VUE's out there.. fortunately, none related to our product. :)

Does your company/product name have any meaning? Just curious.

Metaväp has a few meanings behind it. The umlaut over the a (ä), is from german influence. A lot of the idea for the product started when I was living in Germany, and the German's have a long tradition with quality and craft, which we take very seriously.

Also, Metaväp, when pronounced correctly (Met-uh-vape), sounds a little like Medivape. Which brings to mind the word Medical. We have a really strong medical user focus and love the small association that saying the name brings.

Meta in its purest form means, "higher than, transcending, overarching, dealing with the most fundamental matters of". When you combine that with Vape, or Väp in our instance, it truly encapsulates the idea that we want to transcend the current products and offer something that truly delivers the best vaporizing experience. That is our companies mission, and VUE is just the start of that.

In terms of VUE, it stands for Vaporizer User Experience, first and foremost. It's really that simple. :)

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who took the beta-test questionnaire that was sent out! It really helps us to organize and plan things in advance, while also providing you the best possible situation to test in.

We are pushing our vendors but it's looking like next Friday we should have our first prototype in hand, with a few days of in-house testing to ensure stability and de-bugging is complete. From there we should have both prototypes in house by end of june, ready to share with our beta participants!

If you haven't already done so, take our pre-qualifying questionnaire here. We will reach out by June 30th if you have submitted and qualify. Thanks again everyone for the support!

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
I love the idea of one device for herbs AND concentrates, and the two at the same time is really a nice feature ! But for me the size of the device is too big .... i hope Metaväp will make a mini version with a smaller battery.

We agree! This is our first proof of concept, and we will be going through a miniaturization process over the next few months. Since we were using many off the shelf components for this version, due to limits of time and money, it resulted in a larger unit. We promise, it will be much smaller.

Thank for the support!!

Top Bottom