1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Metaväp VUE Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Thread Candidates' started by Metaväp, May 7, 2014.

1. Metaväp

Metaväp Haiden G - Co Founder of Metaväp Manufacturer

@Bouldorado I basically mean designing with a level of quality in mind that we will not be sacrificed. It will be what sells it and gives it the integrity it needs to rise to the top, in conjunction with the dual-use. I can't deny the fact that there will be sacrifices for the sake of cost reduction and where we get parts manufactured (hopefully in the USA) will have an effect on this. We need to check and balance these things and weigh out the most high quality device we can with the best balance of cost we can allow. I'm all about the minimum viable product, but pushing it as far as it can go.

Egzoset likes this.
  2. Egzoset

Egzoset 1SipAToke/Blender Vaporist (v3.1)

Salutations Enchantre,

Well, looking at the offer we get from established manufacturers i'm thinking their fresh background can't hurt.

As a matter of fact the fundations may need to be shaken once in awhile...

:peace:

3. mrweed

mrweed vaporizer review blogger

sorry... my bad (I'm german) mixed up the two words. no harm ment

Last edited: May 9, 2014
    olivianewtonjohn likes this.
  4. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

don't worry Mr Weed. Your English is fine :) we understand you!

5. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge Retailer

What is the $3k supposed to cover? Is this a project that gets to a prototype only or goes further?

There is a dual oven conduction vape that just released or is about to release.

6. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

I've merged two threads here: the information thread started by @Haiden92 and the candidate thread started by @mrweed. Apologies for any resulting confusion. Haiden92 has to register with @vtac before he can post again.

7. Metaväp

The $3K is just supposed to cover the prototype development and research to push the idea as far as possible. Ideally, it will cover some of the initial production sample costs as well. We are being very economical, and may have the chance to pitch for more money through the same accelerate program soon. With our college having great production facilities and resources, we are able to utilize many of them and save a lot of cash by doing so.

I have seen the two dual chamber devices.. They both seem to have the same type of oven, directly next to each other. Ours will be different in that the chambers will be isolated from each other, on different sides of the device, for various reasons. One dedicated to concentrates and the other dedicated to flowers. You will be able to boost the flower usage with concentrate use simultaneously, or use each independently. We are watching what other groups are doing and being mindful of current innovations, being sure that we are addressing the right issues in the right way.

Yoosh, mrweed, Lahey and 1 other person like this.
  8. Metaväp

Hi all! I just wanted to provide an update and give you all a chance to have a real input into our design.

We have just launched on our website, www.metavaporize.com, a survey that was built to learn as much about the negative parts of current portable vaporizers as possible.

We feel to get the best data for our design decision making, we should go to the source. You are all greatly experienced when it comes to vaping and I think you could all play a big part in the development of our device.

So please, I urge you to take part and tell your vaping friends to as well! It could mean a much better product for us all. Thank you!

Puffers and Mr. Gweilo 420 like this.
  9. Metaväp

Hello Everyone,

Due to some recent developments, I thought it would be good to provide an update to those who wanted to stay in the loop on our progress.

We have filed our provisional patent and are in the development of a series of functional prototypes for beta-testing and production of an Indiegogo campaign. We are partnering with a NY based engineering firm and should have 3 functional prototypes for beta testing within 3 months.

The primary reason I wanted to provide this update was to start to compile a comprehensive list of qualified beta testers for our prototypes. We are looking for medical cannabis patients who use both flower and concentrate, ideally in New York and Rhode Island but nearby states will be considered on a case by case basis.

Please feel free to email us at beta@metavap.com if you are interested, or info@metavap.com if you would like to learn more!

Thanks,
    Haiden

10. Metaväp

Hello Everyone,

We are proud to be a part of our engineering partner's new startup program, Kickbox! Over the next few months, we will be developing our VUE prototypes and Indiegogo campaign with Intelligent Product Solutions expertise and product development experience in our back pocket. This partnership also facilitates a direct relationship with Indiegogo, who we will be working with to ensure our campaign is as strong as it can be before we launch.

I.P.S. is a Long Island, NY based engineering firm with years of experience developing complex electronic hardware. We believe they are a perfect fit and will be a great partner to develop our first prototypes with.

Around the beginning of March, we will be selecting our first group of beta testers to test and give feedback on our first prototypes. If you are local to Rhode Island or New York, please reach out to see if you qualify! We will be vetting potential testers from now until April 1st.

Please email any inquiries to beta@metavap.com

Thank you all for the support and we look forward to making this a great 2015.

- Metaväp Team

P.S. We want to keep you all included in this development! We are excited to show you development photos and imagery as we progress, but hope you understand the delicate nature of our intellectual property. As soon as things are cleared, we will be happy to share progress with you all. Developing the first flower / concentrate infusion device takes time and lots of effort, so thank you all for being so patient!

namasteIII, aesthyrian and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  11. mixchu69

mixchu69 Well-Known Member

What do you mean first flower/concentrate INFUSION device? It seems like haze is a success.

12. Metaväp

Without getting into too much detail, we are developing a separate chamber approach, which Haze has done. Although, we are tailoring each chamber to work specifically with concentrate and flower independently. Each chamber will be optimized for each material. (i.e. one chamber for concentrate, one for flower) We will not be attempting to make both chambers work for both materials.

When I say infusion, I mean we are engineering the device to deliver two isolated vapor streams to the user, from the respective isolated concentrate chamber and flower chamber, simultaneously. This has not been accomplished or been proven in the market yet.

Unfortunately, that's all I can say for now. Please keep following to see how you can be a part of VUE's forward progress! :)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    grokit, mixchu69, Shit Snacks and 2 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors