Medicinal Tinctures

uncanni

I have been making tinctures since November, and my latest batch was made strictly from the leaves I'd been trimming off of 2 CBD Nordles, an AK and a Mazar. I had previously discovered that gently cooking or decarbing cannabis leaves at pretty much any stage of flowering (haven't yet tried veg leaves) and consuming them gives me an incredible high. So I decided to make leaf tincture.

I left the leaves in 190 proof Everclear for around 4 or 5 weeks, and strained over the weekend. The resulting tincture is medicinal!!! It is mild, but extremely relaxing with a very pleasant and manageable head buzz. This tincture will be excellent to use before going to work.

I have also added CBD slab to some previously-made high THC tinctures, and the effects are very interesting; the CBD definitely mellows out the high and creates a much calmer perspective.

I use the Ardent Nova (or Lift) to decarb my bud and my leaves before making tincture. I start every morning with tincture now, and it makes for much more pleasant and relaxed days at work!! I leave the heavy-hitting THC tinctures for the weekend. :p

C No Ego

I have been making tinctures since November, and my latest batch was made strictly from the leaves I'd been trimming off of 2 CBD Nordles, an AK and a Mazar. I had previously discovered that gently cooking or decarbing cannabis leaves at pretty much any stage of flowering (haven't yet tried veg leaves) and consuming them gives me an incredible high. So I decided to make leaf tincture.

I left the leaves in 190 proof Everclear for around 4 or 5 weeks, and strained over the weekend. The resulting tincture is medicinal!!! It is mild, but extremely relaxing with a very pleasant and manageable head buzz. This tincture will be excellent to use before going to work.

I have also added CBD slab to some previously-made high THC tinctures, and the effects are very interesting; the CBD definitely mellows out the high and creates a much calmer perspective.

I use the Ardent Nova (or Lift) to decarb my bud and my leaves before making tincture. I start every morning with tincture now, and it makes for much more pleasant and relaxed days at work!! I leave the heavy-hitting THC tinctures for the weekend. :p

the great thing about tinctures- the alcohol helps open mucous linings for better compound absorption of the molecules...

C No Ego,
Reactions: uncanni

kushkush

happy camper....
I stopped using MarQuha TinQture because it’s such a waste...it accumulates at the top of the dropper and slides down the outside of the bottle and there’s no stopping it. They need to find a different way of dispensing it but they don’t so I’ve moved on.

They’ve come a very long way with the Gummy edibles with better dosing so I buy those now. Great deal on BOGO and can get THC/CBD 1:1 if I want.

kushkush,

uncanni

HOT OFF THE PRESSES: I bought this book: CBD: A patient's guide to medical cannabis and it is the first source I have found that gives explicit instructions on how to dose with CBD. It provides three charts with micro, standard and macro dosing, depending on what the ailment is; I did standard dosing for pain and anxiety (although anxiety has stayed minimal since December when I started taking CBD). The chart and the dose guidelines were extremely helpful.

It made me realize that I was way under-dosing, so this morning I upped my CBD to 100mg CBD daily divided into two doses. I took it this morning, mixed in with some WW, Lithium OG Kush and Iced Grapefruit tincture and the pain relief was incredible. (The high was also very nice; I coasted through my work day.) I'm using CBD isolate infused in Everclear, but it becomes full spectrum when I add it to the THC tincture.

It's fcking hard work figuring out how to dose with this stuff, and I'm really grateful for this book, because no website wants to make recommendations on how much folks suffering from such and such should take. The authors are trailblazers, and I'm sure glad I found the book.

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I decided to try this. I produce a large quantity of AVB and want to figure out something easy for me to do with it. I bought some Everclear. I did one jelly jar mixing the Everclear and the AVB from my Mighty and doing nothing else other than shaking.

For the other jar I put the AVB in my Vitamix and ran that dry for about 30 seconds. Then I added the Everclear and turned it on again for a minute.

Both of these jars have been sitting in the dark now for two weeks.
Yesterday a cheese cloth bag, funnels, and some colored bottles with long glass droppers arrived at my door.

Tomorrow is my big day. Brother-in-law is coming over and we are going to give it a whirl.

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
the great thing about tinctures- the alcohol helps open mucous linings for better compound absorption of the molecules...

double-edged sword... many folks can't handle tinctures using 190-200 proof ethanol, it burns their mouths and can even cause ulcerations in the mouth.
but without some special equipment, glycerin tinctures don't hold as much product concentration-wise.
it can be done, but you really have to know what you're doing or have deep pockets to buy the equipment off the shelf.

uncanni

double-edged sword... many folks can't handle tinctures using 190-200 proof ethanol, it burns their mouths and can even cause ulcerations in the mouth.
but without some special equipment, glycerin tinctures don't hold as much product concentration-wise.
it can be done, but you really have to know what you're doing or have deep pockets to buy the equipment off the shelf.
All one has to do is dilute the alcohol tincture. I mix mine with oj and have no trouble holding it sublingually.

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
Ok two bottles ready to go.

Phoenix_Tears.jpg

C No Ego

Ok two bottles ready to go.

Phoenix_Tears.jpg

When i get enough ABV I throw about 3 or 4 grams in a nut butter with lecithin and whole black peppercorn ground fine and some raw honey and eat it... really good effects and minimal handling... with all your work you should get first rate service from that abv tincture= Well done!

C No Ego,
Top Bottom