• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Medications/Supplements/Vitamins/Minerals etc. Synergistic With Vaping

Meremoth

AKA ♫ Stinky Wizzleteats ♫
I was curious if anyone uses any medications, drugs, and/or supplements that you have personally found to synergize, improve, and/or positively potentiate the inhaled benefits of cannabis vapor?

Personally I use very small amounts of coffee (one cup will last me hours) to keep prolonged cannabis use from getting too sleepy, seems to extend the euphoria and anti-depressant properties too, probably from the d2 & d3 receptor modulation and the maois contained within coffee. I just recently started taking whole food vitamins and minerals, and supplements that are made up of an insane amount of things, so it's difficult to differentiate and isolate the effects of each one (list: https://www.naturesplus.com/products/pdf/30524-L-1134595.pdf). But I'm more curious what you guys have found beneficial..

Last edited:

Dharma_Bum

I've had some success with cognitive supplements or nootropics e.g. noopept, which helps with alertness, mental clarity and focus. Definitely a blast to synergize with THC. Think of it as an Adderall without the side effects. Noopept is available over the counter.

Other supplements some of which fall into the 'adaptogen' category, include ginseng, gingko etc. but I can attest for Bacopa monnieri and Rhodea Rosea. I'm taking these as part of a daily supplement 'stack'.

Caffeine always works for me too, but do you know that caffeine seems to synergize well with L-theanine (found in green tea)? http://nootriment.com/l-theanine-caffeine-stack/

A great resource to geek out about these supplements is Examine.com

MinnBobber

I was curious if anyone uses any medications, drugs, and/or supplements that you have personally found to synergize, improve, and/or positively potentiate the inhaled benefits of cannabis vapor?
On occasion I have ingested mango an hour before a session as it is high in myrcene and seems to prime the cannabinoid receptors.

Meremoth

AKA ♫ Stinky Wizzleteats ♫
I've had some success with cognitive supplements or nootropics e.g. noopept, which helps with alertness, mental clarity and focus. Definitely a blast to synergize with THC. Think of it as an Adderall without the side effects. Noopept is available over the counter.

Other supplements some of which fall into the 'adaptogen' category, include ginseng, gingko etc. but I can attest for Bacopa monnieri and Rhodea Rosea. I'm taking these as part of a daily supplement 'stack'.

Caffeine always works for me too, but do you know that caffeine seems to synergize well with L-theanine (found in green tea)? http://nootriment.com/l-theanine-caffeine-stack/

A great resource to geek out about these supplements is Examine.com

I definitely will have to check out that Noopept. How long before you noticed any positive effects?

Ginko and ginsing are both in my supplement, but I take them in low doses because I don't want to take the recommended three pills a day... one already has plenty enough in it it seems. They're both maois if I'm not mistaken.

I've heard of theanine being synergistic with caffeine for a calmer caffeine buzz. It seems to have anxiolytic effects, I think theanine promotes production of GABA, and caffeine is a GABA
antagonist I believe. Coffee seems more euphorically psychoactive to me in combination with cannabis compared to tea. Perhaps the theanine dampens the effects, since things that seem to enhance GABA release/production seem to be buzz killers/dampeners of non-gabaergic euphoriants.

Do you happen to know the specific maois in tea? I know the ones in coffee, and I think tea has similar ones, but I'm not sure if tea has as many as coffee.

I'll check out examine. Most of the time I'm nerding out on pubmed, I love that website. And a lot of the research articles that cost money I can get free with my university login. I might start posting some of the more interesting ones on there... I still get surprised how much stuff I can find on there that I can find nowhere else.

On occasion I have ingested mango an hour before a session as it is high in myrcene and seems to prime the cannabinoid receptors.

For some reason I thought I heard somewhere that mango doesn't contain enough myrcene for it to be clinically significant, but I can't remember exactly... I'll let you know if I remember.

Meremoth,
Reactions: RSW

Dharma_Bum

I definitely will have to check out that Noopept. How long before you noticed any positive effects?
For some reason I thought I heard somewhere that mango doesn't contain enough myrcene for it to be clinically significant, but I can't remember exactly... I'll let you know if I remember.

Noopept definitely works for me and if you take a sizeable first dose, say 20-30 mg you may feel the effect very quickly, within half an hour as the molecule is small, and crosses the blood-brain barrier quickly. They say that you need to take it consistently over a few days for it to start to work optimally, but most of us experienced stoners know our heads well enough to tell when a new psychoactive drug kicks in.

You will get a bit of a rush as your mind seems to expand a little. You feel a little sharper, a little perkier and things look up.

Another thing though, which seems to back up the fact that it does work, there is tolerance to noopept after a week or so.

I've also tried Bacopa and Rhodea - not sure which one of these exactly, but the anxiolytic effects complement THC very well - vaping seems to dial down any residual paranoia compared to smoking, but these adaptogens have banished paranoia totally - at least for me.

Some of the other claimed benefits of these supplements, neuroprotection, dendritic proliferation, neuroplasticity etc. all good stuff to have!

As for myrcene, I've heard of this 'urban myth' too but I've not tried it out much myself. Imagine my surprise when according to this article, myrcene is actually the most common terpene in cannabis, and seems to be found in indica rather than sativa, https://www.whaxy.com/learn/myrcene-cannabis

MinnBobber

As for myrcene, I've heard of this 'urban myth' too but I've not tried it out much myself. Imagine my surprise when according to this article, myrcene is actually the most common terpene in cannabis, and seems to be found in indica rather than sativa, https://www.whaxy.com/learn/myrcene-cannabis
Recently I experimented and had a Mango 90 minutes before vaping and get WAY MORE MEDICATED than I expected from the small load. I'm not taking Mangos as a fact yet though, as that one time might have been coincidence or mood or ???
But I'm going to try again as it seems, so far, that it enhances the journey.

Dharma_Bum

Recently I experimented and had a Mango 90 minutes before vaping and get WAY MORE MEDICATED than I expected from the small load. I'm not taking Mangos as a fact yet though, as that one time might have been coincidence or mood or ???
But I'm going to try again as it seems, so far, that it enhances the journey.

Hey MinnBobber, I'm gonna try out a mango as soon as I can get hold of some. We need to approach this with an open mind in the spirit of scientific discovery ;)

Plenty of stuff out there seems to support the myrcene hypothesis, but this article claims that we will get better results if we chew or suck on the mango rather than eat it. It also talks about black pepper and paranoia, which is interesting, but any paranoia nowadays seem to be dialed back a lot since I started vaping.

MinnBobber

Plenty of stuff out there seems to support the myrcene hypothesis, but this article claims that we will get better results if we chew or suck on the mango rather than eat it
Thanks-- I'll try that next time, just roll the mango slice in my mouth for awhile before swallowing. :)

I'd question the part about not digesting myrcene as when one does cannabis edibles it certainly seems like you get effects from all parts--THC and terpenes etc.

My mango store has "yellow mangos" this week. Hope they have the goodies...

CNYC

Not a great idea from my experiences. I think caffeine during smoking would send me through the roof. Using prescription medications with potent MJ can have horrible side effects.

MJ does have unpleasant synergistic effects with different substances. IMO focusing on MJ and healthy eating before during and after is the way to enjoy the benefits of the plant.

A good buzz and a cup of herbal tea...always feels right :) Eating a healthy meal prior to partaking makes for a better trip.

CNYC,

dilvish

in hypno-vision
i've had success with taking myrcene before vaping. lemongrass (chemotype myrcene) essential oil worked very well for me when taken orally or when applied topically to my temples, forehead, wrists, or feet. it definitely has a measurable effect on its own (tested on my non-420-friendly friends), and definitely helps you get higher with less material, if you ask me. you can also get pure myrcene from amazon for a reasonable price, but i don't have much experience with that yet.

duckTape

Try to mix lavender with MJ and put it in your vape ;) It tastes amazing IMHO and it contains myrcene. Definitely gets me more chinese-ed :D

duckTape,
Reactions: Squiby

duckTape

Flowers. I agree that flowers alone taste soapy, but when mixed with non-melting concentrate for example it tastes amazing. Very little is needed btw ;)

And thanks for the heads up on linalool!

duckTape,

little maggie

I'm not sure how synergestic this is but I ran into someone with OCD who has been treated with just about everything the medical community uses. Apparently many people with OCD need to take zinc and D. I wasn't aware of that before.

little maggie,

Wizsteve

Personally I use very small amounts of coffee (one cup will last me hours) to keep prolonged cannabis use from getting too sleepy, seems to extend the euphoria and anti-depressant properties too, probably from the d2 & d3 receptor modulation and the maois contained within coffee. I just recently started taking whole food vitamins and minerals, and supplements that are made up of an insane amount of things, so it's difficult to differentiate and isolate the effects of each one (list: https://www.naturesplus.com/products/pdf/30524-L-1134595.pdf). But I'm more curious what you guys have found beneficial..

Yumm coffee yep many years ago that what i used, mine was espresso .with eye drops no one would have a clue and it would keep my eyes open.and the coffee also removes the smell.

As for finding herbs and fruits one might try rosemary tea ,cypress fruit (hard to find) was mentioned in a old herb book i had, said to grant psychic abilities might be worth looking into.you can also search for herbs that is or was used to gain psychic powers .Nothing like getting stoned and starring at object trying to make it move with just your thoughts......

Wizsteve,
Reactions: C No Ego
Top Bottom