Medical Usage Questions Re: Herborizer, Verdamper, Vriptech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexis

Hello all. I'm brand new here. I'm not sure where is the most appropriate place for me to post this. I have vaporized since 1999 (exclusively since 2008). I have experience and insight to offer, and I would like the same in return. My queries relate to several different vaporizers- comparisons and differences between them (verdamper deluxe, herborizer XL, aromed 4.0 and also the vriptech.)

This seems like the most active relevant forum with seemingly the right people to be able to help with relevant experience.

I have been very unwell since 2005 with chronic fatigue syndrome, all sorts of infections, and very severe allergy problems. I have juct discovered that I have Lyme disease from a 2004 tick bite, and this is the underlying cause of most of my problems so there is suddenly much hope. My problems are complex as is my thinking so please bear with me.

I also have very severe depression and anxiety. Vaporizing helps enormously here. However, I am actually allergic to cannabis (as well as practically everything else). I still vaporize, on and off, as it helps me cope and keep sane. But I have to manage the allergy symptoms from cannabis (excessive mucus production and lung congestion) with aggressive measures- steam inhaltions with essential oils and much, much more.
My first ever vape was a "master blaster". Not very good- conduction only, needed to be combined with smoking, but was interesting. In 2006 I purchased a Vapir 1.0, which I thought was a terrible device- loud, awkward, unhealthy- I eventually threw it in the bin. Also that year a Vapureyes (halogen light bulb and whip) which was better but you had to suck so hard for so long for the tiniest buzz.

In 2008 I purcahsed a large verdamper. This was my first proper vaporizer. Before I came across it I was looking at the Aromed, but I hade resrevations as I did not want something that would require me to spend a long time constantly inhaling vapor. I wanted something that would give the maximum effect in the shortest time and with little energy. The reason is due to my allergy problems. I am very sorry to do this but I will paste below parts of an email I sent to Herborizer and Verdampftnochmal asking advice. I needed to explain my situation clearly for this purpose, I don't know how to do this in far less detail:

Message to verdampftnochmal in Germany:

"
Several months ago I ordered an aromed vaporizer from you. I have
used a large verdamper for the last 6 years. It works very well and
produces a very strong effect with the minmum effort in a very short
time, if that is desired.
I have severe allergy problems affecting
my respiratory system and I am also allergic to the herb most commonly
used with vaporizers. I still use the herb for its medicinal effects to
cope with my conditon as it helps me to relax and enjoy my life, on an
on and off basis. The medicinal herbs used must be completely chemical
free, and I still have to do a lot to manage the allergy (steam
inhalations with essential oils, take oil of oregano, aloe vera juice
and more).
The main effect of the allergy is mucus production in
the lungs. So the verdamper has worked very well for me as I have been
able to vaporize only twice per day to get the maximum effect in a very
short time, which lasts the whole day. So I spend little time actually
vaporizing, with big hits, and then manage the allergy and go about my
day.

However, the verdamper is very harsh on the lungs, and
very irritating to my allergies. I had tried the herborizer sphere XL
before (my friend has one), which was much gentler, even at the same
temperature as the verdamper. However the sessions were always very long
and drawn out with a friend. I had never tried to use the herborizer at
home in the way I use the verdamper- to get the maximum effect in the
shortest amount of time without much effort (i.e. without having to take
lots and lots of pulls.)

But I did want to try a healthier,
gentler vaporizer. I decided to go with the Aromed. I contacted you guys
for some advice and Cristian did actually recommend the herborizer to
me which he prefers at home. But I gambled and went for the Aromed. I
was concerned however that it would require much more effrt and time to
achieve a suffucient effect, but I hoped I would be able to pair the
Aromed with a bong for bigger hits. The effect I achieve when I vaporize
must be sufficient enough so that after I have stopped vaporizing and
managed the allergy symptoms, I do not need to vaporize again for many
hours, or else I will need to manage the allergy again if I vaporize
again soon after.

My experience with the Aromed: The vapor is
indeed much gentler on the lungs than the verdamper. However, as I
feared, I was never really able to achieve an effect even close to
verdamper- it always felt like an underdose. And I needed to spend a
very long time, and so much energy, constantly inhaling which wears me
out and does not work for me in the way I have described I need it to
(short and sharp).

Also, I found that compared to the
verdamer, although the vapor is gentler, I was inhlaing much, much more
hot air with the Aromed from so many more pulls, and this was causing
some major throat irritation. I do not get any throat irritation from
the verdamper, maybe because I don't actually spend very long at all
inhaling the heated air compared the the Aromed, and much less pulls.
I also have major problems with my hands, wrists and elbows due to
infection related structural weakness, and bending the Aromed heating
element into and out of the herb holder was very problematic for me- it
is very stiff.

So I was never satisfied with Aromed and
eventually gave up on it and went back to the verdamper. When I orderd
the Aromed from you my head was telling my that it was the right
vaporizer for me, but my heart wanted to choose the herborizer. I saved
up some more money and then about 8 weeks ago I orderd a herborizer
sphere XL form you guys. I already had experince with it, but not using
it at home in the same way as the verdamper.

(I will run out of characters so I will post the rest below- I'm sorry if I'm not meant to do this)...

Alexis,

Alexis

message continued:

I do like the
herborizer- it is much softer, gentler and tastier than the verdamper,
even at 200 degrees C. However it has not been perfect for me. There is
more drag with the herborizer so it is harder physically to pull on. No
matter how much herb I load it is still very difficult to get the same
large hits the verdamper gives, and it uses a ton of herb in the
process- lots of smaller hits does not produce the same strong and long
lasting effect, and it takes me a long time, and so many pulls, to
achieve enough of an effect to leave the vaporizer for many hours
without needing more.

It is much better for my lungs, and
there is no throat irritation as with the Aromed (I feel that with the
Aromed the vapor does not have a chance to cool down at all- they argue
that the short vapor path is a good thing, but it does mean much hotter
air that you are breathing in and this did cause problems for me with
throat irrittation). The herborizer cools the vapor very well.
The verdamper is much more economical. 0.33 grams of herb per day,
over 2 short sessions, produces much more of an effect than over 0.5
grams of the same herb in the herborizer, due to the hits being much
larger. I wouldn't mind using more, but chemical free medicine here in
the UK is very hard to come by so I try to make it last as long as
possible. The verdamer helped me achieve this very well- it is very
economical in that sense.

It also does not require many
inhalations or much energy or time to vaporize the amount of herbs I
wish. The herborizer on the other hand, does require many, many more
inhalations and much more time and energy, and even then the effect is
not as strong or long lasting.
The experience of the herborizer is
more pleasant, and ideal for social situations. It is also much less
debilitating than the verdamper. The herborizer is well suited to long
drawn out sessions, or frequent intervals troughout the day, but this
does not suit me.

So this is where I would really appreciate
any advice you might have or any useful tips I may have missed. Another
reason I chose the herborizer is beacuse my mum also vaporizes, but she
has always found the verdamper too harsh for her liking. She owns a
Magic Flight Launch Box, but I knew she would like the herborizer. That
is the reason I felt I had to go for the sphere- she would not use a
bong tube, she likes the whip.

I am considering purchasing a
herorizer tube XL body to achieve bigger hits, with less energy and
time, and less inhalations overall. So please could you tell me, if you
have any experience and insight, how the herborizer tube Xl compares to
the sphere in this regard. Do you think it would work better for me in
the way I have described above to get the maximum effect with less time
and effort?

There appears to be a larger opening for the air
to flow through into the tube, compared to the diffisuer in the sphere,
and obviously the mouthpiece is much, much wider at the top. Also what
tempereature setting do any of you guys have a preference for? I am
using 7, 200 deg C. Any less and the hits are too small, and it takes
more time and more pulls. Higher temp would probably give better hits
and effect, but will be more irritating to the lungs.
So I am hoping that with the XL tube it is possible to get bigger, thicker hits without going to a higher temperature.
Additionally, do you know if there is an ideal amount of herb to load
for the biggest hits. In the verdamper, small loads of 0.2 grams or less
will still deliver big hits and can be vaporized quickly without too
many inalations. Very large loads produce massive hits and you cannot
really overload the verdamper bowl. However, loads of 0.2 grams or less
in the herborizer don't produce very big hits and it takes a lot of
pulls to vape the material completely, with the hits getting smaller and
smaller, and it takes a while. I also wonder if you can overload the
bowl as the airflow from the heating element is much smaller with the
herborizer.

But I favor bigger loads, like 0.4- 0.6 grams, to get bigger hits. If you have any tips I will appreciate it.
Finally, there is another vaporizer I am very interested in which I
think may suit me very well- the Vriptech Heat Wand. It seems this will
allow me to take very large hits, similar or larger than the verdamper,
and to vape the bowl much more quickly and with much less inhalations
and effort than the herborizer. I am guessing that the Vriptech will
also be much smoother and gentler on the lungs than the verdamper, if
you have any experience in regard to this?"

End of message.

I am sorry it is long, I just needed to be clear for the right advice. I am reading through this entire forum (page 22 at moment). I really, really like the look of the vriptech. I think it may suit me well. In time I will have lots of (shorter!) specific questions about it. I know many people in this thread have expereimce with these other vaporizers and can compare, so I thought I should post this here.

Can anybody offer any advice please? i.e. if the herborizer tube XL will work more like the verdamper for me-bigger hits, less pulls overall, faster vaping of a load?
Also how the vriptech might work for me in this regard and how I have described above. I hope to sell my Aromed and large verdamper eventually to get a vriptech, and keep the herborizer because my mum likes it.

I will leave it there. If you have read, thank you so much. Alexis.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@Alexis - just be patient...you have asked about four very good, but lesser known vapes and you aren't going to get a flood of responses. But eventually some will see...

stickstones,
Reactions: Alexis

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Alexis

Since you have so many negative reactions and you did not mention it, have you tried edibles?

I am not sure how your digestive tract will handle it but the effects are stronger and longer lasting. It is an avenue worth exploring imo.

My other concern for you is that you are looking for big hits. The bigger the hit, the hotter the vape usually has to be which would lead to more irritation. Catch 22 situation.

One thing I would recommend you try out as soon as possible would be to fill your Water Tool (wt)/bong with warm to hot water and see if that helps. It adds a lot more moisture to your hit and I find it helps smooth it out a lot.
Give it a go and report back!

I have the vrip and it is an awesome vape!
Takes a while to reach optimum temp but once there, every hit is exactly the same.
Amazing flavor and effects and it milks up my WT's with ease, so massive quick hits are easy to do!

I would however try the water method first before spending more money on vapes. You have a great collection!!
Start with warm water and go up in temp until you find your sweet spot!

One last thing:
Convection vapes do take a bit more pulls to get going due to the nature of their designs.

Hope some of this helps!!

Alexis

@Alexis - just be patient...you have asked about four very good, but lesser known vapes and you aren't going to get a flood of responses. But eventually some will see...

Thank you very much Stickstones for reading through my post. I am patient indeed. I wasn't expecting any replies for a while, I wasn't even sure anybody would bother to read my post as it was very long. I can see straight away how great you guys are, you really support each other with a real community spirit, and I feel involved instantly by your responses!

Alexis

@Alexis

Since you have so many negative reactions and you did not mention it, have you tried edibles?

I am not sure how your digestive tract will handle it but the effects are stronger and longer lasting. It is an avenue worth exploring imo.

My other concern for you is that you are looking for big hits. The bigger the hit, the hotter the vape usually has to be which would lead to more irritation. Catch 22 situation.

One thing I would recommend you try out as soon as possible would be to fill your Water Tool (wt)/bong with warm to hot water and see if that helps. It adds a lot more moisture to your hit and I find it helps smooth it out a lot.
Give it a go and report back!

I have the vrip and it is an awesome vape!
Takes a while to reach optimum temp but once there, every hit is exactly the same.
Amazing flavor and effects and it milks up my WT's with ease, so massive quick hits are easy to do!

I would however try the water method first before spending more money on vapes. You have a great collection!!
Start with warm water and go up in temp until you find your sweet spot!

One last thing:
Convection vapes do take a bit more pulls to get going due to the nature of their designs.

Hope some of this helps!!

Thank you so much Lazylathe for reading my post and responding. When I was younger I used to eat pot practically every day. We used to get real clean hash back then, perfect for the job (in the 1990's).
In the UK these days hash is very rare, and almost guaranteed to to be very impure.

I would certainly be up for eating weed. However, a crucial factor for me is that I have to manage with a very limited supply. Due to my allergies, I cannot tolerate ANY weed that I can purchase. Certainly nothing commercial. I am so chemically sensitive, and the vast majority of folks in britain use chemicals (unlike parts of the US nowadays where they have got the right idea and are going down the medicinal route).
I have tried organically produced herb here before but I was just as allergic to the organic nutrients.
I am able to get a limited amount of herb annually, sourced from the great outdoors, with little to no fertiliser. So it is not nearly as potent as what I imagine most people on this forum use to vaporize. Apart from the lack of nutients, there is the poor UK weather which also affects potency.

And the strains I have had since last year have been primarily autoflowers, which are not as strong as regular in most cases. Don't get me wrong, it isn't bad. Very clean, perfectly cured and stored, just not the most potent.

With regard to edibles, it isn't really an option due to short supply, unless I did it just once a week, but I would not be content with that. I don't vaporize all of the time, probably 50% of the days through the year. I take frequent breaks of several weeks at a time due to health reasons, and during winters several months due to severe respiratory infection, when I cannot deal with the allergy on top.

Ironically, these breaks forced upon me conserve my medicine supply so that when I do enjoy it, I can afford to. If I vaped every day then it would all be gone in no time, I would have to ration it heavily. But I prefer to have time off and then enjoy it properly when I can. I would also still experience an allergic reactiom from eating weed which would affect my lungs, probably my digestive tract too. I would still do it though if I felt I had enough supply, I don't think it would be more of a problem than vaporizing and would be better in ways. Nonetheless, thank you I do appreciate the suggestion. I am actually saving my ABV for this purpose. I can't eat butter, or any sugar. I know it has been decarbed by vaping. I guess I will heat it at low temp in virgin coconut oil and maybe bake it in a simple water and flour bread recipe when I have saved a lot.

With regard to the substandard potency of the herb I use, this will definiately be making a huge difference to the effectiveness of the different vaporizers. High grade high potency herbs would would be much better suited to both the aromed and herborizer, making it far easier to get a full and longer lasting dose.
This is another area where the verdamper is special- it does not matter at all if the herbs are lower potency- it is so powerful that the effect is always more than sufficient and a little goes a long way. I really swear by the efficiency of the verdamper in that sense, the true sense for me- I mean, people argue that a vaporizer (like aromed or herborizer) is very efficient because the bowl goes on and on.
The herb gets browned pretty quickly in the verdamper, but weight for weight the effect is far stronger than a larger amount of herb consumed over a longer time with the herbo or aromed. 1/3 of a gram daily in the verdamper can completely satisfy me but just feels like an underdose with the other 2 vapes.

What you say about bigger hits- I can get pretty large hits from the herborizer without raising the temperature too high or suffereing with my chest, it just isn't very economical- just by using more herb, finely crumbled. At setting number 7 (2oo deg c) it does not really bother my chest too much, not nearly as much as the verdamper does (also 200 deg c). The verdamper causes irritation even with small tiny hits, it is just much harsher full stop. I can't tolerate the verdamper at all with the heating element covered at the top to raise the temperature, as is the craze in Holland (on all youtube verdamper vids from there they do this as standard protocol.) The effect that way is so powerful, the vapor can get thick white.

That technique really does my chest in. So I get what you mean totally, but I know it's possible to take large hits on the herbo without needing to go too hot or suffer for it. It just takes a large load, and the vapor starts to get weaker pretty quickly and then you can't get any decent hits from it after that- they get smaller and smaller as the remaining actives are extracted slowly. I'm hoping the tube will help with this, so that even towards the end of the bowl dcent sized hits are still possible.

Thanks for the tip about heating the water, I have never tried that. I'm having a 4 week vapor break currently to take homeopathic medicine to treat lyme disease (for the first time ever, didn't know I have it until recently) and 3 other infections. I can't vaporize at the same time, as the remedies really exacerbate mucus production in the processs of treating infections. It kills me though, I am literally counting the days until I can vaporize again because I really suffer from the homeopathy as things are cleared out. I have developed strong discipline though over the years though.

I will certainly try the hot water method though and let you know how it goes.
I defintely want a vriptech. I love the verdamper, but I just cant use it anymore. The aromed, I would give it another go but with my hand problems it just causes me too much problems bending the metal chord into place. I will aim to sell them both to fund the vriptech, when I am well enough to figure out how to go about it. When the Lyme disease is gone (it will be) I expect the structuarl weakness to improve and I will see about the Aromed.

So for now I will use the herborizer. However, it does require considerably more harb than the verdamper and makes it harder for me to ration. I think the vriptech would work more like the verdamper, where I could load, say, 0.2 grams and get totally vaped with large clouds for a good while. Thats what my intuition tells me anyway. That's another part of my thinking here. My supply would go much further in the verdamper but I don't see it as an option anymore.

But until then, I am thinking that the herborizer tube XL will provide more options, and it is very affordable too (£67 delivered to UK from verdampftnochmal in Germany- they have a great website and brilliant customer service. They are the only place I know in europe who stock the vriptech also.)

Hence I have introduced myself here as well as emailed verdampftnochmal and herborizer to see what insight others could share to help me make my mind up. I also have a very logical, analytical mind and my own experience and perspective to share with this community. Thank you for all your suggestions.

Alexis,

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
I've always been under the impression that the VRIP is more of milking/session vape, rather than a "one hit and quit vape". It also takes the temperature inside the element so it does not compensate for room temps. The replacement parts are also expensive. It is definitely a loved vape for what it is and the owner is very nice. I don't think your will find it as strong as the verdamper (just guessing). Both vapes don't have precise temp control like the herborizer so you cannot adjust the temps reliably. IMO temp control will let you adjust a number so you can reduce the stress on your lungs. Most vapes use your throat and lungs as temp control.

I don't think many companies want to sell vapes that you have to change the bowl every couple of hits because the vape has so much reserve heat. There is such a thing as too strong for some because it can change the duration of a session to being too short. I come from the school of thought that one strong hit is better than many weak hits so I don't mind putting in .1 grams and zapping most of it in one hit. My lungs also appreciate this approach. If you have enough reserve heat you don't have to waste your lungs with warming hits, you can just take a strong hit on the first go.

Best of luck with the search.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Welcome to the Forum @Alexis. Sorry about your health issues. At least they know how to treat your illness since they now know what it is.

I don't have any of the vaporizers that you have so I'm clueless. I have read several times that vaporizing cannabis can act as an expectorant here on FC.

I really think strain quality does matter. In some parts of the world, even here in the states, folks don't really know what's in their cannabis. Whether it be pesticides, mold or bits of dirt and hair.

The edibles could be an area to research. I have a Magical Butter Maker but plenty folks make canna oil and cannabutter the old fashioned way. You would need to start out slowly. Some folks put canna oil in capsules. There maybe options for you other than vaporizing. Even rubbing canna oil on your skin.

FC is a wonderful community filled with some amazing people.

Last edited:

Alexis

I've always been under the impression that the VRIP is more of milking/session vape, rather than a "one hit and quit vape". It also takes the temperature inside the element so it does not compensate for room temps. The replacement parts are also expensive. It is definitely a loved vape for what it is and the owner is very nice. I don't think your will find it as strong as the verdamper (just guessing). Both vapes don't have precise temp control like the herborizer so you cannot adjust the temps reliably. IMO temp control will let you adjust a number so you can reduce the stress on your lungs. Most vapes use your throat and lungs as temp control.

I don't think many companies want to sell vapes that you have to change the bowl every couple of hits because the vape has so much reserve heat. There is such a thing as too strong for some because it can change the duration of a session to being too short. I come from the school of thought that one strong hit is better than many weak hits so I don't mind putting in .1 grams and zapping most of it in one hit. My lungs also appreciate this approach. If you have enough reserve heat you don't have to waste your lungs with warming hits, you can just take a strong hit on the first go.

Best of luck with the search.

Thanks Jojo. I may have given the wrong impression. It isn't that I want to finish the load in one hit, or just a few hits. For years with the verdamper, that has never been the intention. Most of the time I have loaded 0.4-0.6 grams, and that will last 2-4 sessions over 2 days. That way you get large hits effortlessly, without needing to finish the bowl, and it is still there with plenty left in it for next time. But at times, I would load 0.2 grams roughly, and get the same effect as a portion of a larger load, without having to take 20-30 weak hits, and feel completely medicated.

The vapor doesn't begin to taper off for a long time with the larger loads. As the weed dries out more, I always tip it out and crumble it up more finely (in stages) and each time this increases the hit size again as the surface area increases, after it has started to thin out a bit. So you can keep it going with large hits until maybe 80 % has been vaped out of it, and then I crumble it into fine dust. This gives good sized, but not huge, hits even at that stage, and it doesn't take many pulls to finish it completely.

That's one of the issues I have with the herborizer- because the actives are extracted so much more slowly (I know this is a good thing for some people) it means that the hit size gradually reduces and it takes a lot of inhalations to finish the bowl with less than satisfactory hit sizesvfor me personally.

Stonemonkey said that 12-15 hits with the vriptech would finish an entire bowl- that is probably what I would expect with the verdamper from, say, 0.2 grams or just over. But with the herborizer, you're talking at least 20-30 pulls with the hits not being so large, and weakening, so I always feel I have to finish the bowl to get the effect I am looking for- plus it doesn't seem worth going back to at the next vape session if I don't finish it. It would just be an inconvenience having to suck in all that hot air with weak hits before I can load up a fresh bowl.

I understand that the temp regulation on the vriptech is maybe not as specific as the herborizer. If the verdamper could be turned down just a little it might make all the difference, but I think there may be other factors at play besides the temerature. The verdamper is much harsher than the herborizer when they are both at the same temperature. And the way the herb cooks so much faster in the verdamper also. It starts to brown off on top immediately and you have to rotate the load sooner.
It loses its' fragrance much quicker also and doesn't smell or taste particularly pleasant after a while.

The herborizer maintains the taste of the herb for much longer and the herb chamber always smells nice and fruity afterwards (especially when I wash it up in soapy water, as I do all the parts every other day of usage- so easy with the sphere.)

So I do feel that the vriptech may suit my needs. I'm sure a comfotable temperature could be found. It was designed for health purposes, and they say it maintains its' flavour throughout, like the herbo and unlike the verdamper. It doesn't matter if it's not quite as strong as the verdamper, the verdamper doesn't really need to be that strong.

I do actually enjoy inhaling and tasting the vapor. Often with the verdamper, you need to stop vaporizing sooner than you want to beacuse you are so stoned. The herborizer is the other extreme, so I feel if the vriptech lies in the middle, but still allows faster extraction and bigger hits (as it appears to certainly in stonemonkeys videos) then it may be alright for the purpose.

Ace of Space

@Alexis Hi, i am experiening similar problems with the herborizer, i own the xl sphere as well.
I too find it needs too much herb to produce reasonable clouds, and also with the temperature at 7, eventhough i would prefer to use it at about 6, but that doesn't give the vapor i would like to have.
The herborizer is really hurting my throat, and (i think) therefore producing excess mucus through the irritation of my throat. So, if i load it lightly, say 0.25 gram, i have to take that much long hits that it starts drying out my throat and it starts hurting after 2 or 3 hits. So most of the time i use about 1.0 gram to load it, and it gives nice hits. It's good quality organic grown, flushed, cured herb by the way.
I don't recognise the drag issue you are having, are you filling the sphere up really high with water? I only fill it up about 2 cm above the perc holes and find it quite effortless.
However, i didn't like the perc, i think it doesn't have enough holes, so i bought a fc 187v2 wich is completely dragless, and diffuses better too.
http://www.dhgate.com/product/2014-...ng-birdcage/214701656.html#s1-0-1b|2484420715

Like more peple here are saying, i would advice to at least try out how edibles work for you. I always make mine from bubble, with coconut oil, and make raw edibles with that. Really potent, and therefore you wouldn't have to use much too, which might benefit you allergy issues.

But i like vaping too, and have just ordered an enano, and am really curious to see how that would be working on my throat with smaller loads ;)

Alexis

@Alexis Hi, i am experiening similar problems with the herborizer, i own the xl sphere as well.
I too find it needs too much herb to produce reasonable clouds, and also with the temperature at 7, eventhough i would prefer to use it at about 6, but that doesn't give the vapor i would like to have.
The herborizer is really hurting my throat, and (i think) therefore producing excess mucus through the irritation of my throat. So, if i load it lightly, say 0.25 gram, i have to take that much long hits that it starts drying out my throat and it starts hurting after 2 or 3 hits. So most of the time i use about 1.0 gram to load it, and it gives nice hits. It's good quality organic grown, flushed, cured herb by the way.
I don't recognise the drag issue you are having, are you filling the sphere up really high with water? I only fill it up about 2 cm above the perc holes and find it quite effortless.
However, i didn't like the perc, i think it doesn't have enough holes, so i bought a fc 187v2 wich is completely dragless, and diffuses better too.
http://www.dhgate.com/product/2014-...ng-birdcage/214701656.html#s1-0-1b|2484420715

Like more peple here are saying, i would advice to at least try out how edibles work for you. I always make mine from bubble, with coconut oil, and make raw edibles with that. Really potent, and therefore you wouldn't have to use much too, which might benefit you allergy issues.

But i like vaping too, and have just ordered an enano, and am really curious to see how that would be working on my throat with smaller loads ;)

Hi Ace of Space. Thank you so much for your contribution. You seem to get exactly where I am coming from with the herborizer. The first week I had it I had it set at 6. I had used it many times previously at a friends house. We always put quite big loads in, like 0.6 minimum, and it worked pretty well, with good clouds. But we always vaped way more herb than we would have done if using the verdmper instead, over a long drawn out session. Sometimes, I would get home late at night and still have a blast on my verdamper just to finish me off.

My friend always told me he had it set at 190 deg C because that was the optimum temperature for vaping. Like you, I did not want to go above that if possible. But after having my herbo for about 6 days of use at setting 6, I just wasn't getting a satisfactory buzz from it. I figured my friend had made a mistake, so I texted him and he said he always had it set on 7, so he was just mistaken about the temperature.

I upped it to 7 and it was better, but still not quite the way I would like though. You are right, small loads like 1/4 of a gram just don't seem to do the trick. I feel it is a waste of weed to use a load less than 0.4, because I finish it all without really being content- it is better to just put more in in the first place.

At first I did get some throat irritation form the herborizer, but that no longer seems to be a problem. Not nearly as noticeable as with the Aromed anyway.
I can't say for sure that the sphere is draggy, I don't have a great lot of experience of different bongs and bubblers to compare. But I find that to get the vapor really dense, I actually have to suck really hard and fast for a long inhalation, and it drops off again if I go back to slow gentle and shorter pulls.

So compared to the verdamper, I am having to suck much more overall, that may be the issue. The airflow down through the heating element is also a lot smaller than the verdamper.
I fill the water level almost half way up the sphere, so as to cool the vapor more. Maybe this is a factor with the throat irritation you experience? (less water).
I always filled my verdamper up really high, like 3 inches plus higher that most people- this actually seemed to reduce the drag a lot.

I like the look of your bubbler. I spent a while on DH.gate looking for a bong to try my Aromed with. I got a 37 cm bong with a double honeycomb percolator. I tried it once with the aromed, but it is too awkward to use the aromed with a bong and gave up. I have tried the bong twice with the herborizer, but I just couldn't get any visible vapor for some reason and it is really high drag so I gave up.

Believe me I would love to eat my weed, but I just don't have the weed for it. Since last year I have been sharing 3 ounces with my mum. It is the wrong sort of strains for eating really, and I can't imagine you could eat anything less than half a gram for it to be worthwhile, ideally a lot more.
This is an issue I have with the herborizer, it isn't conserving my limited stash well at all. I subconsciously allow myself about 0.4 grams every 2 days on average, with big breaks so I can session harder when I want.

I presume bubble means bubble hash? Do you make that yourself from the left over leaves or from the bud itself? Or purchase it? I will have a small stash of leaves this year, I could look into using them that way, I don't know anything much about this area though.
You say "raw edibles". I have saved my abv for a while, but I'm not entirely sure what to do with it. I know roughly that slow heating in natural saturated fats is the way to extract the actives. I would just heat a single dose in coconut oil in a small saucepan for a while on low heat, let it set, and eat it straight (if I was doing a single dose.) I would strain it first though in case the bits irritate my digestive tract.

But I would like to use the whole lot at once and maybe cook it in a water and flour bread recipe so that it can be broken into measured doses and frozen. I would use coconut oil in the recipe, so I don't even know if I would still need to heat it in the oil forst or not. Sorry, I'm goiing off my own topic, I will have to look into the relevant parts of this forum.

I would really interested to hear how the e-nano works for you compared to the herborizer. I am helping my neighbour choose herself her first vaporizer and making a list of ones for her to check out, I will add the e-nano to the list. She liked my herborizer a lot, but is put off by how much herb I loaded into it.

Last edited:

Ace of Space

Yeah Alexis, i think your water level is too high and therefore it's draggy. Try less water, a little warm. I never pull hard because i think it will burn, or get hotter than 200. But it does give nice milky clouds lol.
Normally i take long, slow hits and keep it in for a couple of seconds, that works well for me, but yeah, the throat irritation after a few hits... Lets see what the enano does, i have high expectations, after reading the topic and seeing some clips from users.

Regarding glass, i think the fc ufo, straight fab, matrix pillar or the double matrix from Steven will work nice as well with the Herborizer, but it sounds like the quality of your herb is indeed something you should take in consideration too.

Yes, i mean bubble hash, made from trim. I put it in coconut oil and water, in a double boiler, about 95 c for between 10 and 20 hours. I strain it, cool it down and i have this nice, light colored slab of coconut oil that's quite potent. From there i make something i don't bake anymore, to preserve the active ingredients, and it works really well. I have a low tolerance and use only about 0.05 to 0.1 gram in a dose.
I find the advantage of making bubble first is that i can weigh down all ingeredients and know exactly what to take, plus this way i never have that green taste or smell too it.
I don't like to eat the infused coconut oil straight, somehow it doesn't seem to work that well for me like that, so i always mix it in with something i can eat. (raw fudge, nut-date bars etc)

It looks like my enano is underway, so i'll keep you posted :

Alexis

Yeah Alexis, i think your water level is too high and therefore it's draggy. Try less water, a little warm. I never pull hard because i think it will burn, or get hotter than 200. But it does give nice milky clouds lol.
Normally i take long, slow hits and keep it in for a couple of seconds, that works well for me, but yeah, the throat irritation after a few hits... Lets see what the enano does, i have high expectations, after reading the topic and seeing some clips from users.

Regarding glass, i think the fc ufo, straight fab, matrix pillar or the double matrix from Steven will work nice as well with the Herborizer, but it sounds like the quality of your herb is indeed something you should take in consideration too.

Yes, i mean bubble hash, made from trim. I put it in coconut oil and water, in a double boiler, about 95 c for between 10 and 20 hours. I strain it, cool it down and i have this nice, light colored slab of coconut oil that's quite potent. From there i make something i don't bake anymore, to preserve the active ingredients, and it works really well. I have a low tolerance and use only about 0.05 to 0.1 gram in a dose.
I find the advantage of making bubble first is that i can weigh down all ingeredients and know exactly what to take, plus this way i never have that green taste or smell too it.
I don't like to eat the infused coconut oil straight, somehow it doesn't seem to work that well for me like that, so i always mix it in with something i can eat. (raw fudge, nut-date bars etc)

It looks like my enano is underway, so i'll keep you posted :

Thank you again Ace of Space. I really appreciate you being very specific and objective about things with your advice. I always try to keep things scientific and I do appreciate your thinking. I will try less water with the herbo sphere next time- I'm almost half way through a 4 1/2 week break form vapor to take homeopathy and it's killing me, time is going so slowly as the medicine breaks up lung biofilm which causes major mucus production in the lungs, which I am hacking up all day. It is worth it in the end, there is always a massive reduction in infections afterwards, but it is so mentally tough at the time- I just want to get some vapor into me all the more at such a time!
So I'll see how less water works after my break, and I'll try it warm also. I use peppermint essential oil in the water at times. It is one of my main weapons against the lung congestion and it has an affect on the high as well, making it much clearer, and really helps the lungs in the process. But if I use warm to hot water to vaporize, when I add the peppermint oil, it will be much mre effective for the respiratory system (I do steam inhlatios with it regularly with boiled water in a travel mug-this technique is absolutely amazing at clearing the lungs and sinuses.)

Your bubbler does look really good. Ideally I would like a setup where I can hold it in my hands, as I mainly vaporize in my room where there is no table or suitable surface for the sphere, verdamper or any type of table top bubbler without kneeling or crouching down. I have the herbo whip, but prefer the glass mouthpiece. I'm not sure the fc bubbler would be that easy to hold. I really have my heart set on the vriptech, but in the meantime I am trying to decide if the herborizer tube XL would work well for me for bigger hits- it looks like it could rest on my lap to use quite easily. I need to clean out the downpipe of my verdamper which is coated in resin so that I can find a buyer, the sooner I do that the sooner I can get the heat wand, if that is to happen. But I'm not really well enough to sort anyhting out at the moment so I just have to be patient.

Regarding edibles, I don't have a double boiler. I could maybe cook my abv in coconut oil and water on low heat for a while. I'm still not sure what I would do with it after that though. I have so many problems with different foods. I can't eat sugar or any raw foods, thats why I thought of baking a simple bread (with buckwheat or something) so that the doses could be measured and frozen. I will have to give it some more thought. No need to reply to this Ace, thanks for your contribution.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I love the Vriptech but it's pretty fragile. I replaced the heating cover twice and the bowl once also. It's still a great vape for taste. Best of luck.

Hi, sorry to hear about your health problems and are very interested in the discussion that you have created.
I have an xl model herborizer bubbler: after a year of use I find it really well and I'm satisfied. The only downside is the length of the pitch to take the steam (but in the end if you don't raise the Bowl ever you always have a round in the Chamber). I understand that you want to avoid this thing because you need a few shooting: I fully agree as you described the use and function of h. xl.
I would add that compared to the volcano (vaporizer big) the herborizer doesn't irritate the airway through water and leave moist.
I am allergic to dust and since I stopped smoking is another thing with vaporization.
Good life:)

Robert Nesta Marley,
Reactions: ShadowVape
as soon as I got the H I tuned it to five, then six, and then seven.
Now I prefer shorter sessions putting for the steamer to the number eight, 210 degrees, not combustion: I get some great clouds of steam after a shot. I put plus or minus 0.3.
Recommend you put cold water in the refrigerator for a session:)

Robert Nesta Marley,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom