Medical grade CBD rosin?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
exactly, the current list of allowd cultivars is all low yielders resin wise, and was mostly bred for fiber and such.

I got very sweet like candy tastes and smells on cannatonic from resin seeds, but depends on how well it was grown in the first place....

I pressed a 3:1 CBD:THC cultivar last night purported to be ACDC x Headband OG. Has a sweet candy taste and smell, kind of smells like Purple Punch.

Yield was ~10% @ 205F.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: pxl_jockey

Slimjimice

SJAame1.jpg

I press CBD hemp flower rosin with high grade flower. Check out my Instagram page “slimjimice80”

I switched from using THC to CBD about 9 months ago.

Slimjimice

Nice!

What made you switch?
I smoked weed daily for 25 years. I wasn’t able to control my usage so I decided to take a break. Quit alcohol, too, at the same time. CBD has been a great help.

I pressed rosin with traditional cannabis for years and when I discovered CBD hemp flower, I figured it must be possible to do the same. There’s not much difference in the process , although I’ve been using slightly higher temperatures (220F) for pressing hemp.

btka

When you press flowers with 25% thc the rosin has a thc of lets say 50% (think it is more between 60% and 80% thc but do not know) for example... so if you would press hemp flowers with say 0.2% thc your rosin will have 0.4% thc... so after cbd flowers must have under 0.3% thc... regarding my calculations (if not wrong) the rosin will be illegal with 0.4% thc...

btka,

Slimjimice

When you press flowers with 25% thc the rosin has a thc of lets say 50% (think it is more between 60% and 80% thc but do not know) for example... so if you would press hemp flowers with say 0.2% thc your rosin will have 0.4% thc... so after cbd flowers must have under 0.3% thc... regarding my calculations (if not wrong) the rosin will be illegal with 0.4% thc...
You’re correct. I’ve seen test results for CBD rosin that have around 2% THC. I’m fine with that personally because 2% isn’t enough to get me high and I live in a legal state so it’s not a problem.

Slimjimice,
Reactions: btka

VZHempFarms

Hemp Farmer
Anyone using presses to produce medical grade CBD rosin from hemp flowers grown specifically to produce high CBD levels and < 0.3% THC?

Almost all posted threads sing the praises and magical qualities of full spectrum (high THC + low CBD) rosin, so surely the same benefits are derived from medical users wanting a source of clean and high purity CBD rosin (low THC + high CBD). Some hemp flower producers are creating Sativa dominant buds with > 20.0% CBD and > 0.3% THC.
What’s going on man, this growing season we are planting 4 acres of T1 and Cherry wine and plan to do fresh frozen to make bubble hash and Live Rosin from our press. We will soon have our website up and ready to take orders near the end of the year!!!

Yeah I have been looking into staying compliant with CBD Rosin. I fear that you might have to cut it down with maybe terpenes. I know that’s blasphemy I’m still digging. If anything we plan to create high quality vape pens with our press using only our fresh frozen hemp flower into bubble hash then pressed. I won’t know till we get our harvest in if my Live Rosen will bust the .03% THC limit, stay tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:
VZHempFarms,
Top Bottom