Med Cannabis at nursing homes??

MinnBobber

Hi,
I assist new vapers here in MN, mostly seniors/vets/disabled. A friend has a 90+ year old father who is in a "health care facility". They had him on Oxycodone where is a zombie, hallucinates, thinks he's on the city council, etc so they are thinking of switching him to a different hardcore narcotic. I'm explaining the MN Med Cannabis program to my friend and he's on board, that cannabis makes much better medical sense than the narcotics route.

So, I contact the facility and ask what's their policy on medical cannabis. Their response:
"The policy of XXXXXXX XXXXX does not allow medical cannabis to be administered in the building.

Let me know if you have any other questions!"

One big question--how can you call your facility a healthcare facility when you won't allow a patient their legal meds?????? This really sucks!!! You hand out narcotic painkillers like candy (kill 16,000 every year) BUT won't allow med cannabis (kills ZERO).

We need to keep fighting this insanity---it truly is insane :(

EDIT--do any MN nursing homes in twin cities allow med cannabis??

C No Ego

Hi,
I assist new vapers here in MN, mostly seniors/vets/disabled. A friend has a 90+ year old father who is in a "health care facility". They had him on Oxycodone where is a zombie, hallucinates, thinks he's on the city council, etc so they are thinking of switching him to a different hardcore narcotic. I'm explaining the MN Med Cannabis program to my friend and he's on board, that cannabis makes much better medical sense than the narcotics route.

So, I contact the facility and ask what's their policy on medical cannabis. Their response:
"The policy of XXXXXXX XXXXX does not allow medical cannabis to be administered in the building.

Let me know if you have any other questions!"

One big question--how can you call your facility a healthcare facility when you won't allow a patient their legal meds?????? This really sucks!!! You hand out narcotic painkillers like candy (kill 16,000 every year) BUT won't allow med cannabis (kills ZERO).

We need to keep fighting this insanity---it truly is insane :(

EDIT--do any MN nursing homes in twin cities allow med cannabis??

the real problem is most people in nursing homes are from the prohibition era and would not use cannabis regardless... and until legal how will insurance cover an illegal substance?

I could see the old folks sprouting them some canna bushes and watch them grow! the insurance companies and med pushers would watch their profits go as those bushes grew!

the elderly too are the most cannabinoid deficient of all people currently residing on th planet... in other words they need exogenous cannabinoids more than anyone else on the planet!

Top Bottom