Tek MCT oil (medium-chain triglycerides)

solo1811

Sorry, never pursued this. Only used brain octane as a vape and medible.

Hope somebody figures this out. The less-than-ideal results could have been due to high temps, but never tested. Might have to pick up a Rubi to play with.

I have an aspire breeze. The eleaf icare2 is designed similar and I emailed the company and they said the max temp is around 375F (190C)

This article used 200C
https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/acm.2016.0337

And the formaldehyde for MCT results are incredible.

If I were to use the brain octane @Accept would the process be similar to just dissolving CBD crystal in a given amount of oil?

solo1811,

solo1811

So I got the MCT vape oil from cbdistillery and at first it was very harsh on my throat but after a few vapes it’s very smooth. Only burns if held at the back for a while...I find MCT to be a very viable source for vaping and with use of CBD.

EDIT: I also emailed cbdistillery and they told me their MCT vape oil has capric and caprylic acid so C8 and C10. I think brain octane would be better for faster absorption since it is only C8 which absorbs faster because it’s a shorter chain. But if you use a cheaper C8 and C10 from coconuts not from palm/kernel and it’s distilled it should be perfectly safe to vape.

Just remember it’s a little different than vaping a VGPG

solo1811,

asdf420

Why not just mix some CBD isolate with some terpenes and put that in a cartridge? Just like vaping distillate, and it would be much cheaper in the long run?

asdf420,

solo1811

Maybe, not sure how my aspire breeze would take it. Do you have some examples of terpenes? I don't haven't jumped in that direction just CBD.

solo1811,

Deleted Member 1643

At first, supported the study mentioned above, but @florduh found that the authors had a serious conflict of interest - they stood to benefit by promoting MCT.

MCT may not produce aldehydes, but it wouldn't be expected to. It's chemically different from the glycols tested. Always wondered why it was included.

Deleted Member 1643,
Reactions: florduh

solo1811

From what I know VG has a boiling point of 290C and C8 and C10 also have boiling points above 200C

So they wouldn’t have produced those chemicals because the 200C temperature from the study wasn’t high enough.

However I think if you have a temperature controlled vape and keep it at <200C you should be good for VGPG

But CBD is broken then at 200C so it would be beneficial if MCT is used as pure 100% VG can have some weird mucus accumulation in the throat from what I’ve read and is too thick for pod vapes

solo1811,

HighDefMike1979

In a Rubi vape pen by KandiPens. My juice is around 1:1, with one drop of terpenes.
Have you had any wicking issues or burnt wicks/coils with the Rubi using this blend? I just got a Rubi and have read lots of people having those problems with it. It works great for my nicotine juice which is very thin. I'm just trying to not mess up a new pod with a juice that's too thick since they're so expensive.

HighDefMike1979,

uncanni

Hi could you please provide some info on how you mixed the MCT? I ordered CBD crystals from cbdistillery.com and want to make a MCT CBD vape liquid like the one they sell (1000mg 15ml)
https://www.thecbdistillery.com/product/1000mg-cbd-e-liquid-strawberry-lemonade/

Do I just add 10ml of MCT and then dissolve my cbd?????

I purchased both the liquid and the CBD recently waiting for arrival.

Also @Accept do you think the XCT oil is good to make this mix? It has both the C8 and C10 chains with no C12 Lauric acid. And is triple distilled like the vape liquid I ordered.

Bulletproof XCT oil, Reliable and Quick Source of Energy (16 Ounces) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R7FFOLG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_29ViBb74Y8WZM

LONG LIVE THIS THREAD lol

Hi solo, I add the MCT oil to my oil concentrates: first I make a tincture and then I distill out the alcohol until all I'm left with is an oil, to which I add the MCT to make it more liquidy for a vape pen.

If you're getting CBD slab, you can just vaporize that. (I get my slab from the same store as you.)

uncanni,

TomBstoned

Hi could you please provide some info on how you mixed the MCT? I ordered CBD crystals from cbdistillery.com and want to make a MCT CBD vape liquid like the one they sell (1000mg 15ml)
https://www.thecbdistillery.com/product/1000mg-cbd-e-liquid-strawberry-lemonade/

Do I just add 10ml of MCT and then dissolve my cbd?????

I purchased both the liquid and the CBD recently waiting for arrival.

Also @Accept do you think the XCT oil is good to make this mix? It has both the C8 and C10 chains with no C12 Lauric acid. And is triple distilled like the vape liquid I ordered.

Bulletproof XCT oil, Reliable and Quick Source of Energy (16 Ounces) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R7FFOLG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_29ViBb74Y8WZM

LONG LIVE THIS THREAD lol
Did you get it done? Cbd will dissolve into mct oil very easily, but you won't need a full 10ml. To end up with 10ml, you'll need around 9ml. Maybe a little more, but you have to take into account the volume of cbd your using. I make a 3000mg 30ml tincture with isolate and not oil. It takes about 27ml for a finished amount of 30ml. If you add 10ml to 1 gram, your gonna have more than 10ml. But, it'll dissolve very easily. I use isolate powder from www.fullyactivated.net excellent quality. $20 a g. It's cheaper in bulk. $450 an oz. I bought 28g on 4-20 for $382.50. $13.66 a gram. They have slab and powder. 10offanytime for 10% off too.

TomBstoned,

ceegarnut

Did you get it done? Cbd will dissolve into mct oil very easily, but you won't need a full 10ml. To end up with 10ml, you'll need around 9ml. Maybe a little more, but you have to take into account the volume of cbd your using. I make a 3000mg 30ml tincture with isolate and not oil. It takes about 27ml for a finished amount of 30ml. If you add 10ml to 1 gram, your gonna have more than 10ml. But, it'll dissolve very easily. I use isolate powder from www.fullyactivated.net excellent quality. $20 a g. It's cheaper in bulk. $450 an oz. I bought 28g on 4-20 for $382.50. $13.66 a gram. They have slab and powder. 10offanytime for 10% off too.
Hello, new to this forum...I'm really interested in Solo's response. I just got some CBD Isolate from the CBDistillery and have tried to mix with MCT oil. I mixed 1g of Isolate with 2ml of MCT oil and everything looked great. I heated to about 200 degrees F and used a magnetic stirrer for about 10 minutes. The mixture worked great in my SMOK Stick V8...for about 3 hours. After that, the CBD Isolate started to crystalize again to the point it looked like everything turned back into crystals. What did I do wrong? Do I need an emulsifier like polysorbate 80? Thanks for any advice!

ceegarnut,

TomBstoned

Hello, new to this forum...I'm really interested in Solo's response. I just got some CBD Isolate from the CBDistillery and have tried to mix with MCT oil. I mixed 1g of Isolate with 2ml of MCT oil and everything looked great. I heated to about 200 degrees F and used a magnetic stirrer for about 10 minutes. The mixture worked great in my SMOK Stick V8...for about 3 hours. After that, the CBD Isolate started to crystalize again to the point it looked like everything turned back into crystals. What did I do wrong? Do I need an emulsifier like polysorbate 80? Thanks for any advice!
My guess is you you have to much isolate in the MCT. Mct is pretty much pure fat, but still theirs a max amount of cbd the mct oil can dissolve before it's fully saturated. Example. You can only dissolve a certain amount of salt in water. After the water is fully saturated the salt will stay crystals and separate out. Only reason I can think of. You shouldn't need heat to dissolve isolate in mct. It dissolves fine for me without heat. Im making more tincture today. I start by dissolving 3 grams in 10ml mct. I'll let it dissolve and see if it separates at all.

TomBstoned,

ceegarnut

My guess is you you have to much isolate in the MCT. Mct is pretty much pure fat, but still theirs a max amount of cbd the mct oil can dissolve before it's fully saturated. Example. You can only dissolve a certain amount of salt in water. After the water is fully saturated the salt will stay crystals and separate out. Only reason I can think of. You shouldn't need heat to dissolve isolate in mct. It dissolves fine for me without heat. Im making more tincture today. I start by dissolving 3 grams in 10ml mct. I'll let it dissolve and see if it separates at all.
I get what you are saying, the recommendation provided by the website said to use 250mg to .5ml of MCT, so I figured 1g in 2ml would be the same ratio. Most of the 1g of CBD seems to re-crystalize after a few hours. It would seem like very little was need to "saturate" the mixture. I'll add more MCT and see what happens. Thanks for your response!

TomBstoned

I get what you are saying, the recommendation provided by the website said to use 250mg to .5ml of MCT, so I figured 1g in 2ml would be the same ratio. Most of the 1g of CBD seems to re-crystalize after a few hours. It would seem like very little was need to "saturate" the mixture. I'll add more MCT and see what happens. Thanks for your response!
You left out the part about having a recommendation from the manufacturer. Before adding more, what products did you use? We'll see if we can get this figured out. I just realized your brand new here. Welcome.

TomBstoned,

ceegarnut

You left out the part about having a recommendation from the manufacturer. Before adding more, what products did you use? We'll see if we can get this figured out. I just realized your brand new here. Welcome.
Thanks, I used 1g of CBD Isolate (crystals) from The CBDistillery and mixed with 2ml of pure MCT oil from Dr. Adorable. After doing some reading, I might try adding an emulsifier, polysorbate 80. I've also written the company to see if they have any suggestions. Thanks again!

TomBstoned

Thanks, I used 1g of CBD Isolate (crystals) from The CBDistillery and mixed with 2ml of pure MCT oil from Dr. Adorable. After doing some reading, I might try adding an emulsifier, polysorbate 80. I've also written the company to see if they have any suggestions. Thanks again!
Look at this thread: https://amp-reddit-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.reddit.com/r/CBD/comments/683854/why_is_my_cbd_isolate_powder_recrystallizing_in/?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQECAEoAQ==

I use sports research, organic, non gmo mct oil. And www.fullyactivated.net isolate and have never had a problem at all.

TomBstoned,

TomBstoned

I use sports research, non gmo, organic mct derived from coconut. Its c8 and c10. This sucks man. Especially since cbddistillery charges $10 a gram more than fullyactivated. I'd never heard of such a problem with iso and mct tho. I dont use heat. Its not needed at all. My powder dissolves directly into the mct. Its pure fat!

TomBstoned,

ceegarnut

I use sports research, non gmo, organic mct derived from coconut. Its c8 and c10. This sucks man. Especially since cbddistillery charges $10 a gram more than fullyactivated. I'd never heard of such a problem with iso and mct tho. I dont use heat. Its not needed at all. My powder dissolves directly into the mct. Its pure fat!
Not sure what I did in my last response...newbie error I guess. I just ordered 7g from fullyactivated, so I'll let you know what happens when it comes in. Thanks for all of your help!

ceegarnut,

TomBstoned

Not sure what I did in my last response...newbie error I guess. I just ordered 7g from fullyactivated, so I'll let you know what happens when it comes in. Thanks for all of your help!
Did you use the 10offanytime for 10%off or atleast a new customer code?

Last edited:
TomBstoned,

TomBstoned

I didn’t know about the discount...
I put it in the very end of the 1st message when I replied to you. Its my affiliate friends and family discount code. Its always good for non sale items. Feel free to use it and give it to anyone. I really like their products. Especially the isolate. Its the cheapest, and as good, or better than any other companies I've had. With 10% off its even better! I make tinctures, with hemp derived terpenes and cbd eliquid, with cannabis derived terpenes. The terps add effect, and flavor!

TomBstoned,
Top Bottom