Maybe vaping isn't for me or ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oregonnewbie

I have a Flowermate v5.OS. I am new to Marijuana.I can take 2 to 3 hits or my pipe and I will get stoned. I am trying to figure out how im not getting stoned at all on my Flowermate. I fill the chamber and pack it loosely. I get about 8 hits before my flowermate shots off. I restart it and I finish the whole chamber.My problem is I don't get high. I am a new user to marijuana, and I don't have a high tolerance. Should I try a different vaporizer or maybe just stick with flower? I want to vape for the better health reasons, but I gotta get high. Looking for any suggestions. Thanks for your time.

little maggie

First I think you'd get more responses in the Ask FC thread. The first thing to check is what kind of marijuana you are using. I've only gone once to the dispensary but they asked what I wanted it for. I came home with two that they said to mix. One was mostly CBD's and definitely did not get me stoned. That was fine because I wanted it to help me sleep and it did that.
I also don't know what you mean by the flowermate shooting off. I haven't used a flowermate for a long time. Is it an automatic shut off you're talking about? Are you getting any clouds or exhaling any smoke?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
This is talked about quite a bit on FC. You need to stop combusting completely and only vaporize for about 2-3 weeks then you should be good to go. It takes the brain awhile to get used to the different way that you are medicating. When you combust you get all the tar and smoke. You are used to getting medicated a different way.

Make sure you are using well cured cannabis. Try a different strain,

I used cannabis by combusting for over 25 years before I decided I wanted to live a long life. My dad died of emphysema at 75 from smoking cigs. He couldn't hardly take a breath before he went into a coma and died.

Most folks here on FC when they stop combusting they no longer have the desire to go back to using cannabis the unhealthy way by smoking. Myself I can't handle a joint or my little pipe I used to use. I have been combustion free for 3 years this Dec. 31.

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
What temperature setting are you using? I don't know much about your vaporizer but the high temp is 415F degrees, that is slightly higher than my crafty at max temps which delivers great results for me.

How is the vapor production? What color is your abv?

I cannot speak on the flower mate as I have never owned or used one but I as well as I believe quite a few of us on here can attest to your current position. There is a difference in the high when smoking vs vaping. You should try not smoking for a couple days and continue to vape and what you will probably notice is that you actually get higher when vaping and the things you may feel your missing from "not smoking" actually have nothing to due with being high. I purchased a pax as my first vape a couple years ago and felt the same way but after reading up a little more, trying different techniques, and refraining from combusting entirely for a while that I really begin to appreciate the vaporist lifestyle. As a matter of fact I am completely vaped right now :rofl:but honestly I believe you will probably come to the same conclusion and welcome to Fucking Combustion :clap:

Edit: I see this has all been covered by the time I finished my post :hmm:

Last edited:

Petro

Apart from all that other stuff you aren't really getting the most out of your Flowermate.

Pack your load down rather than leave it loose, then (for now) set it on the max temp and run through four 5 minute cycles - drawing nice and slowly, sometimes even taking little puffs or sips. Hold your hits in too, I like to cover the mouthpiece with my finger in between draws to stop vapor getting out.

After two cycles give it a little stir, brush off any herb that got sucked onto the mouthpiece screen and then tamp your load down again before going through another two cycles. If you put enough in there that should get you high whether you're a newbie or not.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Agree with all the other posts here. The ABV will tell you if it is being vaped efficiently. There may be a bit of a learning curve with the Flowermate. So hang in there.;)
Here is the FC thread for your particular vaporizer. FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro .

You have a portable conduction vape. Not knocking you Flowermate at all. But there is other types of vaporizers that can produce different 'types' of vapor. (I like my convection desktop. for instance.) So please don't let this lack of being medicated sour your experience. You already found FC :tup: and posted here plus the Flowermate thread can help with your questions regarding your specific vape. How dry,how proper the pack, and how fine of a grind you have, will get you closer to the results you are looking for. :peace:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I gave up combustion in September, and bought and arizer extreme q. This thing kicked th shit out of me. I was wasted for the first 2 weeks. The new high levels of thc I was inhaling bought a whole new world of being high to me.

My eq continues to very effectively medicate me, I have to be careful or I get to high and pass out. I have a high tolerance by the way, combusted with no break for 15 years+.

Anyway, to my point. I bought a flowermate v5.0s on black friday for 30 quid. Bargain right, I can use it, I can produce clouds, it it doesn't come close to the effects of the eq. I still get a buzz from it. Which is all I really want. But I can't use it to fuck myself up. Maybe I need more practice, but I just don't ever see it coming close to the eq.

Draw techniques are important as well.
Also I wait a little after the light stops flashing before I draw.
I hold my finger over the mp between draws.

I hope you manage to get it working for you. I'll let you know if I come up with any tips.

How does your FM taste?
Mine took ages to remove the robot fart smell. In the end I cooked for 3 cycles with my eq blowing into it.

ronads

Hey there great to hear you are wanting to start vaping. You will feel healthier, it will taste better and you will save some money too! Weed is a wonderful plant, and vaporising really puts you in the driving seat for what you want to get out of it.

Being in the driving seat, however, means that you are the driver. You can choose to drive slow and gently, or hard and fast. Both ways will get you there but in very different ways. What i'm saying is, technique is integral to vaporising. It will take some getting used to.

I don't have a flowermate but I have a MFLB and it has quite the learning curve. And I've been smoking for a fair amount of time. Even with all my prior knowledge, coming to vaping is something you will need to learn about. Don't expect to just start vaping and getting the most out of it immediately. It would be like driving a car without having lessons first. You need to get the basics down.

I'd say, make sure your herb is ground pretty finely. If you don't have a grinder, I'd advise buying one it is very important to get the most. Why? Surface area!! For the herbs to be extracted optimally you need to make sure the weed is as fine as possible. Now I don't have a flower mate so I am not sure if this applies, but for the vapes I have a good stir after every second draw helps. Not only that, I like to further grind down the dried buds between my fingers then give them a good swirl. If you keep doing this its more and more surface area = more goodies!!

Packing the vape will help I think but it depends. You wouldn't tight pack the MFLB but for the extreme q elbow, it's neccessary. There is a variety of different ways to use your vape, some are more suitable than others.

Try a long really slow draw into your lungs as deep as you can. Hold it in for a couple of seconds and exhale. With smoke you don't want to hold it in, for tar, but as vapor has no tar you can hold in deeply.

Also, small puffs can basically draw the heat over the herbs then taking a long draw at the end once the herbs are at optimal temp. These are just a few ways of doing it.

Also make sure your herbs are dry! If they are wet it won't work!

Good luck! :) I'm new to FC but everyone here is lovely and I'm sure would be willing to help you. :)

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
The first time I tried vaping, I could not get high and I thought my buddy was just wasting the weed and my time. Several years later, that same buddy gave me some dabs and I was plenty high and dead set to change my ways. I realized vaping really does work and decided to try vaping herbs again with the help of this forum with good results. Carol is correct that it takes time and it is well worth the wait.

Dabs for the win.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
I vividly remember the first time I tried Vaping, and damn, was it frustrating as I had zero guidance.

I had borrowed a SSV with the standard HC, and the guy I borrowed it from only used it on a very rare occasions,saying...

"Meh, it doesn't really get me high "

So, I was already set into a predisposition to "not get high"
I tried a few times and gave it back.

Years later, I buy a DBV, and before plugging it in I read the entire Buddha thread.

My first session with my DBV, I was extremely high.

Vaporization sort of requires a learning curve...
When you DO finally get a FAT rip of vapor and hold it in for 10ish seconds (given you're using good cannabis)

You will question yourself...

"Why haven't I been doing this for years now?"

It is quite profound and surreal, Vapor has a majestic quality that takes time to appreciate.

Stick with it, you're going to love it!!

CarolKing

The first vaporizer I tried was the Vapir No.1. I didn't get as medicated from that like I did with my little pipe. So, at first I didn't know what the problem was? I stopped vaporizing because I thought it wasn't for me. It wasn't until I checked on Fuckcombustion, I had stumbled across this site looking for a suitable vaporizer. A YouTube video from @Vitolo helped me find this community.

The No. 1 was really loud and it used at lot of product. It could make vaporizer bags but I wasn't interested in doing that. i had to find me the right vaporizer because I wanted to use cannabis but in a healthy way. As I got older I knew I had to change my lifestyle. My second vape was the No.2. After I stopped smoking my medicine I was able to get to a better high and never looked back after that. Now after 12 vaporizer - the best vaporizer hasn't been invented yet.

Try getting a log vape or a desk style vaporizer if you want a strong hitter. Also the Solo or the Arizer Air makes a great first portable or second. My third vaporizer was the Solo, I thought it was awesome and I still do.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@Oregonnewbie , remove that terrible little screen from the mouth piece and replace it with a good mesh screen or just leave it out, this helps a bit.

Don't let the flowermate put you off. I'm not very impressed with it. If it was my first and only vape, I don't think I'd have managed to fuck combustion.

Luckily I have an eq.

Oregonnewbie

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Tonight I will vape some and show the ABV. I have been using the middle mode "pink color " on the Flowermate. I would try a Volcano, but I just can't spend 300 to 500 dollars to try something. The Flowermate was around 100 bucks when I got it.

Nok21

I don't think the flowermate is going to do much justice for you, after looking it over I'd say maybe look at a new vape. I hate to say it, but it looks like a poor vape, and this is coming from a VG enthusiast.

First vape for me was a MFLB. After I warrantied that, I picked up a VG while I waited on the mail man. Then I decided I like my VaporGenie a hell of a lot more than my launch box. After I got my new box, I ended up giving it away (Regret!) when I got a new pax. I've been happy between my VG's+Pax for the better part of a year now, and will say that I feel a hell of a lot more healthy and also save money on herb. It takes me half as much to get twice as lifted now a days, when i compare vaping to combustion.

If your pretty tight, try out a VaporGenie- its a simple vape that is great for new vapers. They work, and right now I'm using a bronze VaporGenie as my daily driver until situational things change and I can pickup a nice new desktop unit. $50 for the classic.

What kind of vape are you after, Portable or Desktop? I assume portable? Is stealth an issue?

It takes a while for your body to adjust from combusting (Smoking) your herb to vaping it, as your body is used to smoking, not vaping. Its a frustrating adjustment for a lot of people, and sometimes people "relapse" and go back to combusting- which is a shame, because they are doubling the cost of their herbs.

Don't give up! Give one more vape a try, something that has good reviews here on FC perhaps. It took me a month to adjust from "Vaping gets me kind of medicated, really slowly" to "Oh my god I have wasted so much herb over the years not vaping!!!!!"

It's a major adjustment physically and mentally, and for me, it really went away when I first tried a VG in between Launch Box warranties. I suppose thats probably why I like VG's so much, its my first memory of actually getting really lifted vaping, really fast. Not knocking the MFLB, I owned one for years- but I like how the VG had the option to vape an entire load at once compared to the long sessions I had with my MFLB, in addition to the ability to be away from electrical outlets.

Well, now that thats said, lets start with a budget. How much are you willing to spend on a new vape?

I assure you, if you stick to a month or two of ONLY vaping and no combustion, you will feel and see the difference. My vapes have literally payed for themselves in the savings i get.

CuckFumbustion

You don't have to necessarily purchase an expensive vaporizer to get positive effects. There are plenty of recommended vapes here in the forum. Plus threads for each vape and category to research. Narrowing down your decision as to what you want is a better place to start. What type of session do you prefer? Do you plan on vaping more in a group setting? Do you need to have a portable exclusively? As for me, I believe in having 1 convection desktop that has a fan, 2 dependable portables, and one off-the-grid. But if you only want one daily driver, then you will want to narrow it down even further.
I researched and bought my Arizer EQ entirely from research, info and recommendations here at FC. FC rocks! :rockon:It was the perfect fit for me. A robust versatile convection desktop with 3 fan settings and an 18mm fitting. Purchased my EQ from $150.00 retail from Agracan in Canada. Who is an authorized dealer. I always buy from an authorized dealer for the warranty of any vape worth over $100. No regrets there, because I even successfully RMA'ed it for a replacement through them later. As one example.

Some are very happy with their own choices and each vape has it's own considerations in the Pros and Cons dept. If you are considering buying a second vape ask some more questions here. Keep your Flowermate as a backup. I wasn't too thrilled with my Flowermate v.01 but I only paid $50.00 and it came with a free grinder!
Now that I vape other herbs which use much lower temps, that Flowermate might end up being my 'Tea' vaporizer.

CarolKing

It's important that you do your homework before buying a new vaporizer. Narrow the field down to some that are within your price range and read through maybe 20 pages and see what would work for you.

It's so hard because we can't try out a vaporizer before we buy. Once you use it - it's yours. If you like it or not. You can always sell on the classifieds here or buy.

uhranium

I'd say, try out a mighty. Put in a fuckin ungrinded nug, turn on max temp, take one huge puff, cough a bit, pute the thing away. Wait 5 minutes for the results and enjoy your fucking evening. No learning curve and shit.

Stopping combusting helps 300% basically so don't forget that.

I would try a Volcano, but I just can't spend 300 to 500 dollars to try something
Buy used, sell used. Ebay, cragislist whatever. You will get the same price most of the time. But I guess you won't ever sell your volcano, I'm having mine 9 solid years now.

Nok21

You don't have to necessarily purchase an expensive vaporizer to get positive effects.

This is very true! Lots of quality vapes out there at a reasonable price, the DynaVape looks killer and thats what, $20? But remember that most flame vapes have a learning curve.

I also would like to ask that we stop recommending a Volcano. Yes, it is a premium, VERY high quality and long lasting vape but OP wants to TRY vaping, and their first vape isn't working like they wanted it to, so I imagine they are quite frustrated with this predicament. I sure would be, especially if it was my first vape!

Chalk it up to a bad vape or "the adjustment phase", but when I first started looking into vaporizing, the farthest thing on my mind was a Volcano; even knowing that I had tried one and it got me VERY medicated VERY fast. I just didn't want to spend $500 on a Volcano, especially as my first vape.

It's important that you do your homework before buying a new vaporizer. Narrow the field down to some that are within your price range and read through maybe 20 pages and see what would work for you.

It's so hard because we can't try out a vaporizer before we buy. Once you use it - it's yours. If you like it or not. You can always sell on the classifieds here or buy.

I agree 100%! You need to read a lot of reviews/threads on the va and digging through the threads is very helpful to see if a vape has any known/common problems, what kind of maintenance it needs, etc.

Since this will probably be your first true vape, and you probably just want to buy one vape to start, I would suggest narrowing down two things:
-Price range, what your looking to spend and what your maximum budget is.
-Primarily for concentrates, herbs, or both?

I am a new user to marijuana
How many times have you smoked? This is a MAJOR factor for a lot of people, as a lot of first timers expect the effects portrayed in movies/etc. If your new to smoking in general, that could also be playing a roll. How long do you hold hits in for? Do you see viable vapor on exhale and feel warm vapor on your throat when you inhale?

Sorry for such a long post, but I hope I was able to help you out!

Give us some traits that you would want your "ideal" vape to have and we can give some suggestions based on our experience and hopefully steer you in the direction of a vaporizer that suits your needs, and your budget. It can be frustrating at first and really daunting seeing so many vapes at such a price ranges.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

I also would like to ask that we stop recommending a Volcano. Yes, it is a premium, VERY high quality and long lasting vape but OP wants to TRY vaping, and their first vape isn't working like they wanted it to, so I imagine they are quite frustrated with this predicament. I sure would be, especially if it was my first vape!
Kind of agreed with that point earlier, honestly. Yes it is premium and is excellent for filling bags. But it is a $500 unit that just does one thing extremely well. Some users have sold or shelved their Volcano because they got tired of filling bags and were more into a whip/power/water filter session.
So figure how you might enjoy a session and where, I guess.

Agree with @CarolKing on all points. :tup:That is why I buy any vape from an authorized dealer with a warranty. I've RMA'ed my PAX 3x. Summit 4x and my EQ once. The PAX and the Summit were new at the time and I had to go through their 'manufacturing curve' :haw:. All my replacements have been solid so far. Knock on wood. If you are new to vaping, knowing there is a warranty can take some of the pressure off of a bad purchase.

Yes research the vapes recommended here at FC including your flowermate. Not only will you get to know the vape a little before buying or using, but you would know how to get the most performance from said vape. Best cleaning methods, etc.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
@Oregonnewbie to fuck combustion & buy a first vape it is fucking simple. In a nutshell decide on the following

Do you need a

Portable & home use? Buy a Arizer Air or Solo. The black tipped Air is idiot proof & perfect for the unconverted to test out.

Home use only/Desktop: Decide between DBV, EQ or HA 2.2 & learn how to use it by reading the relevant thread. Of course depending on where you live/luck you may find great deal either on FC or elsewhere.

Your FM should be getting you pretty wrecked? They are a good cheap little vape that gets the job done in a quick & efficient manner. Try vaping two full bowls back to back on red & see how you feel. You will either feel stoned as fuck, your vape is not working or you have shit weed but it will only be one of the three.

CuckFumbustion

@Oregonnewbie to fuck combustion & buy a first vape it is fucking simple. In a nutshell decide on the following

Do you need a

Portable & home use? Buy a Arizer Air or Solo. The black tipped Air is idiot proof & perfect for the unconverted to test out.

Home use only/Desktop: Decide between DBV, EQ or HA 2.2 & learn how to use it by reading the relevant thread. Of course depending on where you live/luck you may find great deal either on FC or elsewhere.

Your FM should be getting you pretty wrecked? They are a good cheap little vape that gets the job done in a quick & efficient manner. Try vaping two full bowls back to back on red & see how you feel. You will either feel stoned as fuck, your vape is not working or you have shit weed but it will only be one of the three.
Some minor points. The Arizer Air or Solo have been made for years by Arizer. You can buy from an authorized dealer. Plenty of good info on FC. Even though they are made by the same company, each unit has its own merits. It is a no pressure decision too, :nod: so you can focus on the features that you like from either unit.

For the Desktops, The DBV, EQ or HA 2.2 are all in the same price range. The DBV and EQ have being around the longest.

The DBV is quite simple and straight forward vape as far as parts and usage go. They have been around for a while too. A good choice for the entirely uninitiated. I've read a handful of posts where new users have self taught themselves and kicked combustion with the DBV. With no prior knowledge! The SS is similar to the DBV except the angle of the connection I believe.

The EQ is a great jack of all trades vape that can be upgraded and modded. (even internally modded) My favorite of the 3 honestly.:science: I am a regular poster on the EQ thread and I am still coming up with ideas with this guy. Arizer is constantly upgrading the parts with their new units. Great company. Best bang for you buck. IMO. If you join the EQ thread and get the DDave Mod kit that is mentioned within the thread, then there will be other choices opened up to you. It really enhances the power of the unit. If you have any more questions regarding the EQ meet me/us over in the EQ thread. @DDave even has a thread for the DDave mod kit. Here is the link.

The HA 2.2 comes with everything it needs out of the box and can be set up to have a 4 way group session. If you are mostly planning for group sessions. Then the HA 2.2 can cover that. The downside, and I could be wrong, but the HA 2.2 uses proprietary parts. It is a newer company and vape. But you can get on their thread and make up your own mind.

I would read up on all the suggestions and do some contrast and comparisons before pulling the trigger. But in the meantime someone here can help you get to know your flowermate. :peace:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom