MaxVapor E-Nail - 2018 Version

710Coils

Manufacturer

Thats what I am dabbing at right now. I feel like a fog machine with the clouds I am making at that temp!!!!

Will need to lower another 10 degrees maybe =)

Oh yeah. This thing is soo small!!!!!!! WTF the pics make it look like a Tonka truck, but its really a 2 seat sports car. I think I am possibly smitten with the Max Vapor. Shit is killing me (In a good way)

Running a 30mm opaque in case anyone was curious.

If you have been on the fence about getting one of these. You need to jump on this shit. Its much more than you will expect and you should be thunder struck by the function and form

Back to seeing how low I can go and still play fog machine =)

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
So i just saw on Instagram that all units r now 220v/110v compatible...? So we europeans can basically also buy right away...? :)

gunmetalshark,
Reactions: 710Coils

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Our company cant directly ship to Europe because I haven't passed CE certification yet and there is a chance customs might seize them if inspected without the marking.

The unit really didn't require anything other than swapping out a couple parts with their 240v equivalents and it was time to re-order those parts anyways so we decided to just start replacing them going forward.

We will still be doing an official EU release once we have actual certification and try to get in some shops over there as well and I have all of you that emailed me for testing saved down.

If you manage to arrange your own shipping and import through a friend or something like that, then that will be fine and you will be fully covered under the warranty just the same.

Last edited:

ReverendMobin

Thats what I am dabbing at right now. I feel like a fog machine with the clouds I am making at that temp!!!!

Oh yeah. This thing is soo small!!!!!!! WTF the pics make it look like a Tonka truck, but its really a 2 seat sports car. I think I am possibly smitten with the Max Vapor. Shit is killing me (In a good way)

If you have been on the fence about getting one of these. You need to jump on this shit. Its much more than you will expect and you should be thunder struck by the function and form

Oh man, 465. That's crazy. I'm at 590 with my liger right now, but its not finishing globs like I would expect it to. A lot more wasted than I was getting with similar sized dabs with my high5. I'm not exactly sure what it is. I'm going to give the liger a good clean tomorrow to see if its something to do with buildup, but airflow still seems pretty good.

My replacement unit should be here next week - they were quick to get it out!

brucee10

My Max Vapor has been taking a tour of the Chicago postal system. This has me drooling for Monday.

brucee10,
Reactions: 710Coils
Hi Everyone,

I live in the UK (moved here a couple years ago) and I'm fairly new to FC specially when it comes to posting, have been reading most of the threads since the Hexnail fiasco (Yes, I own a Skynet paperweight haha) and have been into E-nails for quite a while. Used to have a BOSS PID from NY paired with a Sapphire and SiC halo from D-nail around 3 years ago and upgraded to Hexnail and Liger with SiC / Sapphire and now Obsidian which I consider the best dab experience so far in terms of terps and clouds, hands down.

Hexnail was working perfectly and I had bought an AugustHaus coil and shield to go with it, which improved the heat retention and thermal conductivity tremendously, I was able to lower the temp for another 30-50f just due to the coil upgrade. Then the Hexnail starts bugging, sent it back to the US for replacement 3 times in a matter of 6 months as the unit just wouldn't stop fluctuating and giving completely different readings.

After a lot of lying and excuses decided to give up on Hexnail and go back looking for a new upgrade. The AugustHaus with a power converter seemed by far the best option since no one makes 220v e-nails and the AugustHaus coil is 110v but after trying to chat to him and spending a good few weeks asking specific questions he couldn't answer, like weight of the units, fluctuation, and if he would be able to do a better price on a few units (my friends also wanted one) with no replies I sort of gave up on him.

Bought a cheap BOSS unit again thinking Id be able to run the AugustHaus coil on it but it started fluctuating like crazy again. I thought it could be a pattern since no 110v e-nail would work here, even with the proper power converter, but I wasn't quite sure what it could be. For a while thought it could be the power converter itself, but it wasn't the case.

Looking into MaxVapor the unit completely stands out comparing to any other contenders and after chatting with him (super sound guy and eager to help) and reading the posts about OpenSourcing the Hexnail, etc I thought I'd start looking into it a bit more. Hit him up on Instagram and he started trying to figure out what my problem would be, since all e-nails were tripping.

After analyzing the issues I was having he figured out that the problem always was the frequency of the electricity, while USA uses 60hz frequency, UK and Australia use 50hz. That can mess up with the thermocouple's readings and make the e-nail trip on mad temperatures. In less than 30 min he said he would talk to the engineers and built in an option to switch the unit from 60hz to 50hz or vice versa, according to your need. In 2 days the option was already embedded on the software and I knew I was ready to place my order.

He was always very nice and taking proper time to talk and discuss any details and his transparency was the main thing to me since day one. I have been rocking my Black Oxide MaxVapor for about a week now and its absolutely amazing. It works perfectly with the AugustHaus coil and its super easy to operate, very tiny (hats off for having such a great system on such small encasing) and it does not fluctuate more than 1-2f which is completely normal if they're being honest instead of just showing the temp you want to see on the display.

I still haven't been able to use the dashboard as I could only connect it to WiFi on my phone and haven't had the time to update to latest firmware to correct the router issue. Should do it tonight hopefully and will get back to you guys on that.

Setup I'm currently using:
- BronxGlass Incycler
- MaxVapor BT
- AugustHaus Coil
- Liger Air
- Obsidian
- Fadespace SiC pearls

Temp: 540f (Display) / 425f (Insert)

PS.: I bought the 2 first MaxVapor units in Europe/UK for me and my friend so if anyone needs a hand to get them over here just give me a shout and I can help as I have a USA address and can get them reshipped to myself here in the UK cleared out of Customs!

Have a great Sunday FC! :)

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Yes a few people are still having issues with the cloud link.

Every time you get ???? back it opens a ticket in our developer system so we are well aware of anyone having an issue still, give us another day or two and everyone will be able to link back up.

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Just wanted to give an update for all of the customers who have been waiting very patiently for their custom colors while seeing everyone else receive theirs.

I just got these photos back from the machinist and should have them back in my hands on Saturday, so your wait is almost over.

These things look sick:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Just wanted to give an update for all of the customers who have been waiting very patiently for their custom colors while seeing everyone else receive theirs.

I just got these photos back from the machinist and should have them back in my hands on Saturday, so your wait is almost over.

These things look sick:

Those look badass! The Crimson red has me thinking Iron Man!

SilentJ

These things look sick:
Damn yeah those look awesome! I might have had to get the red one instead of black were it an option. Def worthy of joining the current color lineup.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@maxvapor710 I’m in agreement with @invertedisdead , bad-ass is the first word that came to my mind. I don’t need an advanced controller but that red is something special and screams “BUY ME!” to my brain. Nice to see you’ve already added these to your colour options. I’m pretty sure a lot of people are gonna grab a blue one, the same way I gravitate to that red. Well done!

I guess I haven’t been paying close attention to the MV BT, I’ll have to fix that error.

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@SilentJ I probably won't have any more colored ones for another month or so, but send me an email I am sure we can figure something out.

@pxl_jockey These were both one-off custom requests for customers. When we ran the pre-order we only had Black, Silver and a few Purple ones, A couple of these guys have had their order in since August. I hope they feel it was worth the wait.

Elemen0py

I'm digging the teal one... should go nicely with the colour of the display text I've seen.

Alternately, you should be able to get them re-anodized locally if you can be arsed. The heat spreaders on my RAM were originally anodized red and it didn't fit in with the rest of the rig so I had a local guy re-anodize them. Was a small job so he did it for $50AUD... which is around $35 freedom dollars.

710Coils

Manufacturer
@ellis d. tripp The developers are working on it and MaxVapor had called out that whenever someone gets the ???? a ticket gets created telling the developers whats happening.

Hopefully they will get this sorted so we can see how much awesomeness the web interface brings with all of its pre sets and such =)

ellis d. tripp

Thanks for the heads up @710Coils . I saw that a few days ago also, l was hoping to get some opinions as to what people were thinking, but that is yet to be determined it looks like lol. On a side note I should be receiving the banger you sent me tomorrow or sat., which I’m very excited about. I’m hoping it solves some of the drift issues I’ve been having with my old setup. Peace, and happy holidays to everyone!

The dev team says everyone will be able to link again by this weekend, they are wrapping up the last of the issues now.

@ellis d. tripp are you having trouble linking a device or is there just some functionality you would like to see demonstrated?
I was just curious as to how people were responding to it. My unit is connected and working great otherwise! Also I’ll stop hitting the cloud link every couple of hours in the meantime. Lol!!! Had no idea It notified you, and I hope we’re not annoying you.

Last edited by a moderator:

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I think its good motivation for the developers to work faster so keep hitting it.

Also, forgot to mention you guys should start receiving tracking numbers over the next few weeks as we start to get the first batch of cases in and fit them in through the holiday orders.

I think they came out looking pretty sweet:

Last edited:

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
We just had a customer order a few Purple and Green units that we will have to run custom, so if anyone was looking to get a custom color and didn't want to wait 1-2 months now would be the time to order and let me know.

I can do pretty much any of these colors, if you wan't a color we are already doing (Purple, Green, Red) it will be the normal retail price, one-offs are 50 bucks extra.
https://www.pantone.com/color-finder#/pick?pantoneBook=pantoneSolidCoatedV3M2

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Firmware 0.0.90 is starting to roll out to all the units now which should fix all the dashboard link issues, it will take some time to roll it out to everyone but everyones unit should be able to grab it this weekend.

We also got these two customs in from the machinist today, they will be going out to the customers on Monday I know one of these guys has been waiting since August but at least they don't have boring black ones like the rest of you

Top Bottom