MaxVapor E-Nail - 2018 Version

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
No, I didn't.
Yep, but S&B products are besides the Aromed the European references for vapes since more than 10y. It was their pioneering in that industry - and the quality and performance of their products - what created their fame. But don't forget vaping still is a small niche in Europe. Nearly all Europeans are joint and bong smokers - mixed with tobacco.

Mr. Whitewall

Because it hits harder ofc! :lol: ...All that nicotine & carcinogenic stuff, yummm...:mmmm:

On a more serious note I agree with you @Hogni people are only aware of the Volcano it seems.
Not that enails aren't popular, they just assume the 'Cano "is the best" because it is the only desktop they have seen. Mostly at fairs like Spannabis; that is how many people know the verdamper too. Also marketed as the best in its day, right?

Age-old problem is, to convince somebody to invest over 300E on a technology he doesn't even know: If 'Cano is best (because it has been marketed so for 10 years) then why not get a Cano or a damper and forget about it, those are sure worth the money right? All that nail stuff sounds very complicated! :mental:
And if it fails, you'll look like a fool with that useless nail shit... Go for the tried and tested :p

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Yeah, and over there so many people still roll those nasty spliffs.

Not only has the idea of tasting the lovely flavor of your cannabis via vaporizing not yet been popularized over the pond yet...but they actively work to cover the cannabis flavor up with tobacco. Every time I have asked a European friend who only smokes spliffs why, they have told that it's much smoother, and they can't handle the harshness of cannabis smoke alone.

This makes ABSOLUTELY no sense to me, because I have always found tobacco smoke to be SIGNIFICANTLY harsher than cannabis smoke. And I don't want spliffs because they are SO MUCH more harsh on my throat than cannabis alone.

How in the world ANYONE can think that tobacco smoke is less harsh than cannabis smoke is beyond me...and I felt the same way back when I was a tobacco smoker as well.

I think that these people are crazy. There is simply no other explanation.

tepictoton

Please do not call us crazy jiji

Smoking herb with tabaco is the 'normal' way to consume. People will actually look at you like as if you are crazy when rolling without tabaco or vaping in most places in Europe.

I guess the high price of herb might have something to do with it, and off course are laws...

But that is changing, slowly but surely.

And yeah, apart from al that, I personally would like to get one of their controllers, so please do not forget Europe;)

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
You can... we are working on getting the new site up now that the pre-order is technically over but we are still spread pretty thin with manufacturing.

Just choose any coil in the dropdown and use discount code FCNOCOIL for the time being.

Also for you EU / 220V guys, we will probably need some testers for the hardware even before certification so if you have any interest in that please send us an email and we will get back with you when it gets closer to being a reality.

Mr. Whitewall

@Ramahs Please don't blame our fellow EU tokers for their nasty ways! :whip::spliff: :ugh:

I agree money is a key factor: Decent hash was pretty inexpensive in relation to what weed costs nowadays. Spending anything over 10E everyday on weed is pretty steep for a lot of people I meet (especially therapeutic patients! :disgust:).
Smoking pure joints is a luxury for most people over here!

Secondly, well, it's hard to dose pure hash in a practical way, at least not more than mixing it with tobacco and smoking it?
If bongs aren't too popular and most people favour joints is because they require about twice the maintenance, since they get clogged much faster. Also glass breaks, acrylic plastic can't be cleaned with alcohol etc, etc...

Lastly, tobacco seems to boost the effects of cannabis according to our very own @Skunkport 's research?:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaping-tobacco-weed-mix.34250/
I must admit I was pretty surprised to see those results as well.

Sorry for the slight derail... :uhoh:

Looking forward to EU release! From what I saw on the video it looks very promising.
Also, the device is tiny! That is a huge advantage.

Skunkport

How in the world ANYONE can think that tobacco smoke is less harsh than cannabis smoke is beyond me...and I felt the same way back when I was a tobacco smoker as well.

Depends on the tobacco. Rolling baccy or cheap cigarettes are harsh, B&H Gold were smooth, as were Silk Cut.
The most disgusting joint I ever tasted was some fucker who put Marlborough in, I couldn't even take a drag.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Depends on the tobacco. Rolling baccy or cheap cigarettes are harsh, B&H Gold were smooth, as were Silk Cut.
The most disgusting joint I ever tasted was some fucker who put Marlborough in, I couldn't even take a drag.

There are smoother tobaccos. I have some straight & sweet virginia tobaccos (I still have an occasional tobacco pipe smoking habit) that are smooth as hell...but they are not smoother than cannabis.

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
The last time I was in Amsterdam circa 2008 there was some kind of smoking ban and all the coffeeshops had this weird herbal blend on the tables, is that still a thing?

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Back in the day I was dry as dry can be.
Ran into a guy on the disc golf course that had a joint rolled half and half grass and tobacco.
Being pretty desperate, I hit that thing hard a few times and held it in for all I was worth.

About fifteen minutes later I was green and puking.

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Just wanted to give everyone an update on everything for those not wanting to read the whole thread.

As of last night, we completed assembly of all orders placed before October 11th, those units will go out today and tomorrow provided I can get them finished myself. I gave the rest of the team the remainder of the week off for the holiday.

There are a few units still unable to link with the dashboard, if your unit is on a firmware prior to version 0.0.84 your unit will be receiving the fix within the next few days so make sure you keep checking for updates.

We have to move some domains around so if our website shows a maintenance message for a little while, all is normal.

New units should be shipping within 1-3 days starting December 1st.

We are currently reworking the website to focus more on e-nails and accessories so a lot of our older inventory won't be restocked. We will have some kits up with Coils and Bangers from 710coils and some full turnkey kits with both Chinese and American glass in the next few weeks.

tepictoton

@maxvapor710 the herbal blend might still be at some places, but they never really got to 'really really' ban tobaco smoking in the coffeeshops.

One shop might enforce the rules on the strict side, meaning no smoking of anything where there is people working. So you get a smoking room. And of course, in that room it tends to be very smokey lol

Seems like the more central the shop, the bigger your chance that smoking joints as used to here in Europe, blending weed and tabaco, is allowed.

I think you can imagine the authorities have better things to do in Amsterdam then catching somebody and going to court for someone that consumes his cannabis the way it traditionaly is consumed in Holland ....

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey guys just wanted to remind everyone that the price increases on Tuesday (I keep forgetting about all of these sales holidays) to $379 for the controller only. We have some bundles up on our site with coils and bangers, etc.

New orders are currently shipping in about 10 days.

I would love to be able to do a sale for Black Friday but unfortunately the timing just didn't work out this year so we decided to include a free Banger and Sauce stand with any order before the price goes up. Here is a picture of one, but we can customize it to your liking just send us an email.
25hg2nm.jpg

55o48k.jpg

If anyone who already got their unit would like to get one just let us know I will get it on the list.

Dubmonkey

Do you think the maxvapor can power a Herborizer DigiTi set up? The stock DigiTi enail looks to be a Auber Red-300 but it has a conversion box before the enail. So under the impression that the enail in the DigiTi set up is a 12v powered (DC?) while most emails are 110/220v (AC). Would it possible for the maxvapor enail to power the DigiTi heater?

I would send the DigiTi to maxvapor for profile set up and calibration if they were interested.

ReverendMobin

My unit shipped the same day as @brucee10 - had been waiting about 10 days after the label was created, but I knew I just had to be patient through thanksgiving :D. Hoping that I got the stand with this shipment, otherwise I'll drop maxvapor a note! Also super excited to get my liger setup with the new coil from 710Coils!

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@ReverendMobin I will be sending everyones stand out when we ship out the final zipper case, printed manual, etc for all of the preorder people unless you already spoke with me via email about getting it made as you have a choice of colors and hole patterns, etc.

In the interim, a PDF copy of the manual is available here: https://dashboard.maxvapor.com/static/maxvaporbt_manual.pdf

All of my help usually takes 2 weeks off around this time each year so I try to handle everything myself. If you have any support tickets or anything that I haven't gotten to yet please bear with me everyone is just getting back in the office today and tomorrow.

I believe all of the October orders apart from those with custom Anodization colors have shipped and we are working our way to next day shipments steadily.

As an update: one of my developers believes he has located the last remaining wifi issue. Some people with certain brands of routers (mostly netgear) are having some issues getting wifi linked sometimes but we will have a patch out for that later tonight and we can get back to all of your feature requests that have been coming in.

@Dubmonkey I am not sure if I am looking at the right device but the specs for what I am looking at says "Work on 100/240VAC and 12VDC" perhaps the box in the middle is to convert the temperature readings to that which the Auber expects? I can't really say without seeing one up close or looking inside.

Last edited:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I guess I will be ordering one of these, looks fantastic...Still waiting on my Red Queen, but honestly this looks more robust. Let me know how you like it over an Auber or Omron E5cc unit!

ReverendMobin

@ReverendMobin I will be sending everyones stand out when we ship out the final zipper case, printed manual, etc for all of the preorder people unless you already spoke with me via email about getting it made as you have a choice of colors and hole patterns, etc.

In the interim, a PDF copy of the manual is available here: https://dashboard.maxvapor.com/static/maxvaporbt_manual.pdf

All of my help usually takes 2 weeks off around this time each year so I try to handle everything myself. If you have any support tickets or anything that I haven't gotten to yet please bear with me everyone is just getting back in the office today and tomorrow.

I believe all of the October orders apart from those with custom Anodization colors have shipped and we are working our way to next day shipments steadily.

As an update: one of my developers believes he has located the last remaining wifi issue. Some people with certain brands of routers (mostly netgear) are having some issues getting wifi linked sometimes but we will have a patch out for that later tonight and we can get back to all of your feature requests that have been coming in.

@Dubmonkey I am not sure if I am looking at the right device but the specs for what I am looking at says "Work on 100/240VAC and 12VDC" perhaps the box in the middle is to convert the temperature readings to that which the Auber expects? I can't really say without seeing one up close or looking inside.

Awesome, thank you - will wait for that! I just got my unit and I am having some small issues - I'm going to drop a note to support later tonight once I've done some debugging myself (can't scroll down, and can't seem to get cloud link working) - but wow, the unit is really small! And my issues weren't big enough for me to not try it out at the same temps I was running my High5 with a spreaded 20mm coil on a Liger 3.0 20mm and compare it to the maxvapor with a 710coil that doesn't need to be spreaded. Already satisfied with my purchase!

ReverendMobin,
Reactions: SilentJ

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
If you are showing ???? for cloud link code then that is a known issue we are working on, just hang in there.

If you do not have the cloud link option at all, the unit thinks you are not connected to the internet. This may be related to the issue I mentioned above with certain routers. We just pushed up firmware 0.0.85 which should resolve the router issue permanently, and the Setup AP has been moved to 192.168.4.1 instead.

I will be sending an email out to everyone who currently has a unit in the morning with instructions to resolve the issue with their router, instructions for filing new bugs and some other stuff in a newsletter.

I am not sure what you mean by not being able to scroll down, but if you suspect you have a hardware issue let us know asap so we can get you a replacement sent out first thing.

ReverendMobin

Yup, I'm showing ???? so I'll wait for that. I can wait :)

I can't scroll down in the menus or set the temperature down. I only had a few minutes to play with it before, but it does appear as though its a hardware issue. I had thought it might be the accelerometer, but it just doesn't want to scroll down. Sending an email right now.

ReverendMobin,

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Sounds like maybe the cable for the knob got knocked loose in shipping, I will have the cs guys get with you in the morning if you sent us an email and we will get you a new unit sent out.

If you get your temps up too high and cant go down you can always factory reset to return to 300C by holding the knob in for 10 seconds when turning the unit power on, you will lose all your saved settings though like wifi password etc.

If you feel comfortable working / have the correct hex driver you can probably take the 4 case screws out and reseat the cable yourself, but if not no worries you will hear from us in the morning.

Top Bottom