1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Maud-Dib Concentrate Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by NinjaMindTriks, Dec 21, 2013.

1. tony yayo

tony yayo Active Member

Seriously, nobody has any ideas on how to clean this?
    steama likes this.
  2. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Tony, can you post a picture of your box so that we can see what kind of buildup you've accumulated? It might help with cleaning suggestions if there was a visual aid to go by.

:peace:
    steama and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  3. tony yayo

tony yayo Active Member

Whelp. Screen broke off from one of the rods. Now I get to deal with the warranty. Yay. 2 weeks without it will suck. Thermovape has had my Cera since Friday and still no word from them either. I swear I have the worst luck with this stuff.
  4. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Burn-off till red and you are done. I have no need to even use a brush. Very low maintenance.
  5. tony yayo

tony yayo Active Member

Not for me. See previous post.
    steama likes this.
  6. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I don't understand? The broke the screen cleaning it? How and why? Curious as to what happened?

The MD seems very tough to me and I had to clean the hell out of mine from a drop of the evil kava. Too bad you'll be without for a couple of weeks. That does suck.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  7. tony yayo

tony yayo Active Member

Not using the most premium concentrate I guess. Got quite a bit of carbon build up. Can't torch it, can't iso soak it, takes forever to even get red. Had to scrape it and it can only take so much pressure apparently.

Hate to say it but not a great design. When it works it works great but am I going to go 2 to 2 1/2 weeks without my main vape every 3 months waiting on a replacement?

Seemed to me as a great way of recycling their old or returned boxes, though. Lol
  8. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Hate to say it but your problem is not the Maud-dib design. Especially when you own the fact of sub-par goods being used.

Definately NOT the design.
  9. tony yayo

tony yayo Active Member

I beg to differ. There is absolutely no way to clean it. Bad design. Should not fall apart that easily.
  10. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I've had mine for some time now. What are you needing to clean that a burn-off won't do? Must be dirty concentrate if you are getting carbon troubles.

Just because you lack an understanding of the design does not make it bad.
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  11. HerbalHighway

HerbalHighway New Member

Just received my Maud Dib today in EU. Wow this thing rips..! Loving it so far!!

Do agree with tony that it is difficult to clean. For example, my first load was a little bit ambitious and some spilled underneath the mesh. The mesh itself isn't as firm as I thought it would be and as such am scared to clean underneath in case it breaks. It doesn't seem to be held on that tightly and a firm touch would likely rip it from the pole imo. Would be great if screen was an easy DIY fix and came with a spare! Specially for those living across the pond like me. Would be without for 4-6 weeks which currently am with my Persei - sucks big time...!

Apart from that - it's a real beauty, taste is amazing, awesome vapor, no residue at all (just amazed by that one lol as even on other coils some remains). Very very happy with my purchase!!!
  12. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Man, so much of the cleaning shit you are going to have to accept as part of the unit. You are going to have a concentrate puddle somewhat on the bottom. Forget about everything that does not effect performance and you will be fine. The MD is not a spic and span type unit and that is a fact but it is easy peasy to clean. A simple burn-off does the trick. Use a fresh cell if you need too. And the MD is good to go.
  13. HerbalHighway

HerbalHighway New Member

Agreed :) Good to give feedback for next gen models though imo and mine would only be to perhaps strengthen the mesh to pole a little or make it easily repairable. Otherwise 9/10 and one very happy customer! Look forward to letting friends try it out.
    steama likes this.
  14. steama

steama Well-Known Member

For a franklin and nineteen (with lifetime functional warranty) this tool is hard to beat imo.
    HerbalHighway likes this.
  15. tony yayo

tony yayo Active Member

Got my replacement. Now what to do with it? I love it but with my Cera back I could sell this one since it's brand new and clean. Hmmmm
  16. steama

steama Well-Known Member

That is what I would do if I did not want it. FC classifieds are great (and fast)!
  17. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Sorry about back to back post but had to say this.

Maud-Dib has given me tweezers burnout — seriously tired of tweezers. They are such a bitch and every time is just shit. Maybe this design isn't so good unless you're studying to be a surgeon. I have boxed my Maud-Dib up due to tweezer work burnout. See if I feel like selling in a couple of weeks.
  18. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I always use tweezers with my MF concentrate trays, but never had to with the Maud Dib box. Why are you using tweezers? I'm just curious.
  19. steama

steama Well-Known Member

What is your method? A concentrate rope? I am curious. Maybe it is just to small for my fingers to like because that is how I feel about the MD? PIA imo. I think I'm done with it. Ti Nails were never this difficult.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  20. Buildozer

Buildozer Well-Known Member

One thing I don't like is how small the loads have to be for the MD.. Not a big deal, but it gets tedious loading up a bunch of little hits to get where I want to be.. I like to get baked, so I usually just dab worms off of a paper clip, w/ the lid open.. My MD is modded though, and the air flow goes from top to bottom the way I use it, so I don't get a mess at the bottom of my box from the air flow blowing across the screen IMO... I feel like MF should consider making it w/ a hole in the bottom to attach a 14mm male/male adapter, for use w/ glass.. and a silicone cap for that hole in case you want to use it normally.. and also that cap can catch some of the spillage and possibly be more easily dealt w/.. I am usually creative and determined enough to solve most of my own problems.. so I don't really have issues w/ my MD at all.. I have even torched my screen before, because I ran a batch of some average concentrate through it, and the shelves on my screen don't burn off very well, but the main part does.. I can't recommend it but I made it happen safely, by carefully lining the MD w/ foil.. Similar to the way I lined it w/ foil at one point, to deal w/ spillage.
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  21. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I use either a wood toothpick or a straightened out small paper clip.
  22. steama

steama Well-Known Member

You mean a dabber? Yeah, I am done with this toy. Been fun playin' though.
  23. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

No, I mean a wooden toothpick or a partially straightened paperclip. I use either, depending on the consistency of my concentrate, to apply it to the Maud Dib box. Or any other device I happen to be using at the time.
  24. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is acting as a DABBER toothpick or wire. MD sucks for shatter imo. It is just too small of a target area PERIOD. Quick usage burnout on this device for me. I'm done here.
  25. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors