1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Maud-Dib Concentrate Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by NinjaMindTriks, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

Thanks. :) My Maud Dib box has a big build up on the bottom, under the screen. I'm always scraping it off.
    MileHighLife and steama like this.
  2. Buildozer

Buildozer Well-Known Member

Yeah, using the LB or MD w/ glass seems to be more of a 2 arm operation for me.. I forgot about your arm.. You'll get a good one arm system going, you just need a little time to adapt!

I have never cleaned mine.. I have only used clean extracts in mine and my screen is still fine IMO.. I don't know how a good Full melt would do in there, or if you would be able to burn it off well enough.. I would try it out if I knew where to find some.. In my area, I haven't seen any find full melt or any bubble hash at all, for a while now.. It seems like most all of places near me only carry wax now, if any concentrate.
    Do you hit it kind of fast.. Maybe try to hit it slow? I suspect that the air intake being to beside the screen, combined w/ a rapid draw, may be encouraging more leakage.. It almost seems like it could be being sucked over the edge of the screen IMO.
  3. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl i i i

I must admit with my recent physical therapy and new limited range of arm motion I forgot you were still in a cast @Vicki :( perhaps a little easier if you have a regular bubbler (I think you mentioned one?) compared to the two-handed operation of a MD and PNWT.
    SSVUN~YAH and Vicki like this.
  4. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I will adapt! :borg:

I usually draw as fast as I can so that there is little time for a build up inside the Maud Dib box or the tubing.

The PNWT is the only bubbler I have. :(
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
    SSVUN~YAH and Buildozer like this.
  5. Buildozer

Me too.. I just had the thought that maybe that is causing more puddling at the bottom.. Once it's in liquid form, it seems pretty easy for a strong air flow to suck it over the edge towards the stem hole.. With the modded box, I didn't notice any wax that dripped down into the 14mm M/M adapter, and since the air intake is below the screen, it got me wondering.

EDIT:
    If you load up the MD, and leave the lid open.. you can hover the PNWT over it and inhale while you hit the power.. No adapters needed, and you wouldn't be sucking the air side ways over the screen.. so hopefully no wax will not leak..
    edit: I forgot about your arm again.. :doh:
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    SSVUN~YAH and Vicki like this.
  6. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Does the life-time guarantee work with the maud-dib beta?
  7. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I'm not sure, but I'm gonna go with no. Just because it was a free beta box to begin with. :shrug:
    RUDE BOY, Quetzalcoatl and Buildozer like this.
  8. sundaddy

sundaddy Well-Known Member

I
    I just bought one, they come with MF's same warranty (everything's covered except accessories). I would like to be a test pilot for them ;)
    steama likes this.
  9. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Thanks pal
  10. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

My beta maud-dib box doesn't have a serial number so I wouldn't think it has a warranty of any type.

If you buy a new one, not a beta you get the magic flight warranty.
    Vicki, Stu and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  11. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl i i i

As I understood what we got were actually part of the alpha of the project, and mine also had no serial number so I assumed that it would have no warranty. I'm sure if anything had happened during testing they would have taken care of me but I assumed that the unit didn't carry a contract with it as nothing was specified about it (all the other products that have warranties they tell you about them).
    RUDE BOY likes this.
  12. steama

steama Well-Known Member

The maud-dib beta has a full lifetime warranty just like the Launch box. I found a letter from Magic-flight confirming this. I guess since the beta group may be smaller it is no problem to honor early units. Gotta love magic-flight, they NEVER disappoint.
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  13. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

That's weird because I never got a letter saying the beta Maud Dib box had a warranty. @steama where did you get this letter?

I think @magicflight needs to weigh in here. :nod:
  14. sundaddy

sundaddy Well-Known Member

Knowing MF, I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced them. They are the epitome of "over & above" the call of duty.
  15. steama

steama Well-Known Member

...and you would be right!

I asked and they sent me a reply and here it is below:

Hi Steama,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at Magic-Flight. The term “beta” in this case means that there could still be small cosmetic changes in future versions. I still use my Alpha version (before we called it Maud-Dib) for about 5 months now, and it works like a charm, and I’ve kept the screen clean—after a few burn-off sessions with my PA.)

Your Maud-Dib has a lifetime functional warranty, so we’ll ensure you have a fully functional unit, no matter what. The “beta” does not affect the warranty if any future issues arise. With good care, the Maud-Dib can last for years!

Please let me know if there are any questions left unanswered. We want you to be fully enabled to achieve optimal performance for your Launch Box, Maud-Dib, and accessories.

With Warmest Regards,
    Hobbit, MFLB Flight Crew
    Always Choose on the Basis of Love

Check out the Launch Box Flight Guide to learn how to get optimal performance from your Box!
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  16. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

Thanks!! :)

I'm glad to hear that because it is my daily driver for concentrates now.
    steama and RUDE BOY like this.
  17. Buildozer

Thanks for asking about that steama.. I had just assumed since it was free and has no serial #, a warranty was out of the question.. I hope they won't mind that I have a hole drilled in the bottom of mine :D, if something were come up one day.. Magic Flight is too good to us :bowdown:... I love this company.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  18. gvape

gvape Well-Known Member

I just ordered the WPA for the mflb so I can use it with some glass, although I had it rigged up with some other adapters I had. I do like the box much better through water. Taste is pretty good, not quite as much flavor as a nail, but still got flavor.

However I really want to do the mod to the box, its just not the same having cords and a tube. Less is better.
    Vicki and Buildozer like this.
  19. Adobewan

Adobewan Well-Known Member

MFLB WaterPipe Adapter
    I should have clarified, this isn't the whip adapter.
    No tubes or cords, just the box, against a small adapter sitting in in your water piece.
    http://www.1percent.com/magic-flight-vaporizer-waterpipe-adapter.html
    Vicki likes this.
  20. gvape

gvape Well-Known Member

Oops, guess I have to buy another accessory. Im also gonna need some more storage for all my vape stuff, some of these cases are getting over crowded. At least I got it on MD for a good price.
  21. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

I think we may be confusing Alpha and Beta boxes. I am pretty sure that my box is an Alpha (plain wood, no light, no serial #) and that Beta boxes (post Maud Dib name?) are different in some respects? :shrug:

@steama what does your box look like?

:peace:
    MileHighLife, RUDE BOY and Vicki like this.
  22. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

@Stu I got mine in the kava kava test in august, plain wood box. the paperwork with the Kava kit still said 'Maud-Dib box Kava Kava Test'. (still think your right and it was an alfa test and not beta)
    Buildozer, Stu and Vicki like this.
  23. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

Mine is like yours @RUDE BOY I had a feeling the lifetime warranty didn't apply.
    RUDE BOY likes this.
  24. gvape

gvape Well-Known Member

Anyone know where to order kava extract wax from? I actually enjoyed the sample that came with it, tried emailing them to get more and got no response. Did some research and couldnt find anywhere with it available.
    RUDE BOY likes this.
  25. Notaek

Notaek Well-Known Member

im pretty sure you can buy some off their website

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors