1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Mature :D weed

Discussion in 'Vaporizables' started by Pustupillo, May 26, 2018.

1. Pustupillo

Pustupillo 100% CombustionFree

Hi guys

Today i have an important question for you.

Is "old" (2-3 years old) weed still good?

I am lucky enough to grow my own weed, and as a microdoser i tend to use little ammount of weed per day.
    For example now i am using some lost coast skunk auto that has 2.5 years. When i harvest i always let it dry for 4 weeks and than i put into glass jars (sometimes for the first months i occasionally open jars for some hours).
    After 2+ years it still taste really good (IMPRESSIVE) and the high is powerfull. Is just becomed really orange-light yellow look. Thricomes completely amber.

So, is it still safe to use it? I assume yes... Good weed is like good wine eheheh

I dont have mutch of this skunk left, so ill soon start using my 5 months old afghani#1 and Tutankhamon.
    And i just harvested 2 bubba kush auto :D

Thank you

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  2. simplywonderful

simplywonderful Active Member

Thats exactly like some good wine, Its actually better than normal because of the long curing process, you got the process absolutely right, with curing,nothing better than finding a little bud when you dont have anything :D

Hjalmark and Pustupillo like this.
  3. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer

Enjoy your cured gold! :tup::clap::nod:
    The Tutankhamon is the AK-47 version from 'Female Seeds', isn't it?

Hjalmark likes this.
  4. Pustupillo

It is the Ak-47 version from piramyd seeds.
    The buds form looks like a piramyd for real

5. dynospec

dynospec Well-Known Member

the tutankhamon auto from pyramid is amazing, super heavy yield if taken care of, and fast, really really fast finish, i like it alot.

Hjalmark and Pustupillo like this.
  6. Pustupillo

Yes man, i couldn't agree more.
    Fast finish for sure. If im not wrong its a sativa dominant!

The humboldt seedsseeds bubba kush auto also surprised me a lot. Im definitely an indica lover..

Ps have you ever tried the "blue pyramid auto" from pyramid seeds?
    Im more than interested of that strain

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Hjalmark, asdf420 and dynospec like this.
  7. dynospec

dynospec Well-Known Member

Right you are @Pustupillo , tutankhamon is sativa dominant for sure, but Ive always found ak-47 to be fairly interesting for a sativa, and thats the parentage of it. I also am more of a indica lover but like to have sativas on hand since they are much better for that quick little before work toke. And that first after work toke, otherwise I probably wont be up long haha.

Ive yet to try any HSO gear, but I cant wait, I have so much love for their stuff I cant wait to try it for my self. I havent yet tried the blue pyramid auto you mentioned either so cant say about it, but the tutankhamon I grew from them was a auto and I was pretty happy with it.

Im not able to grow at all currently, but when I do start again I dont know if I will run much for autos, since I just find the photoperiod stuff Ive grown to be a bit better usually, although you can grow some great stuff with autos for sure and they have their place. Who am I kidding, I have tons of auto beans still and am probably going to throw one in at least when I start again while I veg the first run haha.

8. Zak McKracken

Zak McKracken Active Member

The only place for autos in my book is for a quick outdoor harvest,in a tent it is a waste of resources IMO.

I have grown the photoperiod tut and the pheno I got was pretty much indica,but just 1 plant.Also,the 80% 20% sat-indi they mention for an AK is really laughable...

I have grown some crosses made by an elite clone of HSO,the blueberry headband x 3 kings (3 kings is a hybrid of og/headband/chemdawg IIRC) and they were really nice,amazing frost...

Hjalmark likes this.
  9. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Oldest boy alive

2,5 year of curing?, sounds like some fancy weed!!!

Best I ever tried is a one year old cured mowie wowie (probably not spelled that right)

Envy of that fancy wine bud you have

10. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I think you answered your own question right here ^^.

It will most likely be a bit more sedative than it was when young, but that's right up my alley, personally.

11. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

there was a report on 5 year old jarred cannabis that was forgotten and found. the tests showed that the constituents ( thc % etc ) remained the same as when the plant was grown and tested after harvest. the tester presumed at least increase in CBN ( oxidized thc) but there was not an increase because it was sealed...

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors